AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-04-18, 21:31   Link #1041
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
^Oi, you just spoiled the manga... I just opened the tag and learned what... *goes back to own post* Right, Brigitte, forgot... And learned what Brigitte does to Isara in the manga...
.................................................. ....

I don't have the nerves to open the second tag... Afraid it has spoilers...

Actually, seeing all of the possibly spoiler-ish posts in this thread since the I came to this thread, I'm just going to hope the anime doesn't directly follow the game...
Why do you think I wrapped my stuff in spoiler tags? Or do you mean I needed spoiler tags within spoiler tags?
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 21:33   Link #1042
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Why do you think I wrapped my stuff in spoiler tags? Or do you mean I needed spoiler tags within spoiler tags?
Why in the world would "Episode 3:" warn someone that there are manga spoilers?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 21:37   Link #1043
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Why in the world would "Episode 3:" warn someone that there are manga spoilers?
I see your point. Guess I shouldn't have mentioned that...

EDIT: Removed the spoiler. Happy, serenade?
Old 2009-04-18, 21:40   Link #1044
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
EDIT: Removed the spoiler. Happy, serenade?
Un, that's fine. (^^)b

Now then, time to go bang my head on the wall and see if I can remove that memory from my head... (´;ω;`)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 22:02   Link #1045
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

All in all this was an okay episode. As I expected it was more of an intro episode to some characters of Squad 7.

Quote:
Spoiler for Next episode:
I hope it is because that was one of my favorite parts of the game. I'd love to see that little moment of dialogue animated and see Alicia's reaction. They've done a godd job with her animated facial expressions and I can only imagine what "amusing" face she would make for what Welkin says.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 23:44   Link #1046
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

well not bad ep at all, could have done with some more action but meh what can we do.

Welkin I have to say is a male lead I'm really becoming to like compared to alot of the others floating about.

and I think I've fallen in love with Eleanor

but still she ain't got nothing on my Selvaria!
Old 2009-04-19, 00:22   Link #1047
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
All in all this was an okay episode. As I expected it was more of an intro episode to some characters of Squad 7.

I hope it is because that was one of my favorite parts of the game. I'd love to see that little moment of dialogue animated and see Alicia's reaction. They've done a godd job with her animated facial expressions and I can only imagine what "amusing" face she would make for what Welkin says.
Watch the preview for episode 4, and you'll understand what I mean.
Old 2009-04-19, 01:07   Link #1048
OpenDoors

Just saw episode 3,

Spoiler:

Last edited by OpenDoors; 2009-04-19 at 01:09. Reason: spoiler tag fail
OpenDoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 02:57   Link #1049
Chrono Helix

I didn't find ep 3 that interesting, but the preview for ep 4 looks promising. All those faces Alicia's making...
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 03:17   Link #1050
xizro345
King's Justice

I have a baaad feeling for episode 4+, given the director's comments...
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 04:13   Link #1051
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Something about the engines, tech and drive systems for the vehicles used. I noticed they all do not have an exhaust for emissions, are air cooled and the transmission of power is so fast it is likely electromagnetic in nature. Since the vast majority of space used in a modern engine is because of the water cooling, exhaust, fuel container and dependent on hydraulic power transmission: having it removed or replaced by a smaller electromagnetic based system would explain why the Edel can turn like a pin, stop on a dime and rapidly climb an embankment with greater than 45 degrees. The Edel may also have 2 engines to drive each trackset in order to account for its speed, power and acceleration despite the wider main body.

Also means Isara would have a lot less to cover in order to convert it for an amphibious assault.

But ya, this is a pretty cheating tank
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 04:29   Link #1052
cowteats

Spoiler for spider tank:
cowteats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 04:54   Link #1053
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

and her im wondering what kinda Hentz scen or rather gameplay i might see in the pc version
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 04:58   Link #1054
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
and her im wondering what kinda Hentz scen or rather gameplay i might see in the pc version
Apparently someone here is not reading or disregarding previous postings in the thread.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 05:26   Link #1055
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
and I think I've fallen in love with Eleanor

but still she ain't got nothing on my Selvaria!
Hah, I have the same sentiment friend.

With regard to personal favorite female characters, Captain Varrot and Selvaria are tops.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 05:47   Link #1056
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I agree with this, and i hope they keep a lot more interaction scenes between the two of them that we see in the game at later parts in the story.

It's quite funny how they come up with a plan (just like the game), though in this they basically ignore the plan and go with the ott Edelweiss destroying everything. I hope they don't go to out of hand with this.
Old 2009-04-19, 07:25   Link #1057
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong

I haven't seen episode 3 yet, but I can't wait for the show to get further along. Also, and I know I'll never get it, I want an episode all about Marina. She and Alicia, Rosie, Largo, and Dallas won that war for me in the game. I never really even bothered using my tank.
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 09:58   Link #1058
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
THERE IS NO PC VERSION. IT IS ONLY A PRODUCT OF YOUR IMAGINATION. PLEASE CEASE SUCH THOUGHTS IMMEDIATELY.

Now, go get yourself a Playstation 3

As for Episode 3, at this point, it is definitely so that Alicia's character is changed. But we know that already. Although all that faces she is making is definitely worth it

Welkin becoming captain of platoon 7 is expected, of course, even though he admitted to have no combat experience, but his lineage and actions in Bruhl more than makes up for it, according to Eleanor (who is the missing twin of Kati from Gundam 00) anyway. As expected, his first speech to his platoon is to have everyone value their own lives, which obviously doesn't sit well with some members.

Welkin's biology background certainly came in handy in this episode, predicting a fog late at night that gave platoon 7 an element of surprise. This was in the game, of course, and was necessary to shut Largo & co. up.

At this point, I am still a bit iffy about the choices the producers made in regards to the members that consist of platoon 7. Although Edy & Marina are included, they have yet done anything. *sniff*

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-19 at 10:08.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 10:19   Link #1059
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

Welkin becoming captain of platoon 7 is expected, of course, even though he admitted to have no combat experience, but his lineage and actions in Bruhl more than makes up for it, according to Eleanor (who is the missing twin of Kati from Gundam 00) anyway. As expected, his first speech to his platoon is to have everyone value their own lives, which obviously doesn't sit well with some members.

- Tak
Ehm. Can we agree to call him squad leader? because welkin was not ranked as captain when they joined the army. as far as I remember he is a lieutenant.

And yes, I do have Valkyria Chronicles for ps3
Old 2009-04-19, 10:24   Link #1060
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Ehm. Can we agree to call him squad leader? because welkin was not ranked as captain when they joined the army. as far as I remember he is a lieutenant.

And yes, I do have Valkyria Chronicles for ps3
You are right. He was made Lieutenant, not captain.

Although as a Lieutenant, he is the 7th platoon's commander, not a squad leader, that is the role for Sergeants.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sega