AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 24 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 26.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 5.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.14%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.41%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-13, 07:13   Link #61
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

so this is not last episode?? whats the total number of episode does this series have??

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-13, 07:18   Link #62
Soji

Justice Knight@ From what I know they are 22.For your spoiler I think you misunderstood the situation , I think Shu reaction was normal to having just remembered who Gai really was.
Old 2012-01-13, 08:46   Link #63
zero7090

yaoi doujin incomingggggggggggggggg
Old 2012-01-13, 09:19   Link #64
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

I am surprised they managed to cram so much content into a single episode yet I didn't really feel it's rushed.
Now, the quality of the content. Oh well... The writing is more or less the same as always. The space collapses and Shu and Inori are conveniently carried out by ..bubbles. Come again?
Then there is Shu's repressed memory. While a sound concept in reality the execution was kind of lacking, to say the least.

"Right, Shu. We need you to remember."
SWITCH ON! FLASHBACKS GO!
It's so ridiculously contrived.

I actually did enjoy Mana's backstory and honestly, I doubt this was the last we've seen of her. Maybe even of Gai. After all there are still questions. Why did Mana come into contact with the stone? Why can Gai see voids?

Shu will probably man up in the near future and Inori.. Inori is as forgettable as always. Honestly, I hope Mana's personality got downloaded into her brain and eventually overwrites Inori's completely, so she may actually become an interesting character for once.

While show has finally picked up I cannot help but feel disappointed that we had to waste almost the entire first half to get there.
Old 2012-01-13, 10:40   Link #65
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
Shu will probably man up in the near future and Inori.. Inori is as forgettable as always. Honestly, I hope Mana's personality got downloaded into her brain and eventually overwrites Inori's completely, so she may actually become an interesting character for once.
That Shu man up, I think it's a sure thing now ,after this ep and what Gai said in the end.not to mention that he finally remembers everything ,wich mean there will be changes in his personality and in better.For what you said about Inori and Mana ...would not surprise me if some part of Mana personality go into Inori after all the thing that was happening in that tower. Or because Shu stab Mana with Inori's void(ok he stab Gai as well).
Old 2012-01-13, 11:17   Link #66
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Answers and more questions! Ahh!

Good episode though. Glad to find out the truth behind Mana and Shu's youth.. I also like how present Gai is past Shu. Now when Shu mans up people can't say he wanted to be Gai because it roots back to himself. But boy, someone should tell young Shu not to call a psychotic girl on the edge of breaking a monster... lol.

And I like Gai's Void. They do well with coming up with each character's void.
Old 2012-01-13, 11:26   Link #67
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
That Shu man up, I think it's a sure thing now ,after this ep and what Gai said in the end.
Yeah, that was a good bit of "Believe in me, because I believe in you!".
Old 2012-01-13, 11:32   Link #68
larethian

What the heck is this? This show has so much potential and they did the story so shabbily? I just can't accept the weak plot links and background stories, glossed over stuff which deserved more details. Everything (plot wise and character behavior) seems so forced. And where's Ayase after everything kind of disintegrated? You guys (script writer and production staff) didn't get her out? And how did Shu float away in a yellow magic bubble (biggest mystery of GC 0_o)? I know there must be a stronger reason for Guy to still stand around flinging his Void after getting his Void drawn out. Just a few lines didn't quite cut it. A Void that draws out other Voids? How convenient... Somehow the atmosphere didn't quite match it. Well, I can accept it if there's a good reason behind it (explained, not speculated by the audience) and with it happening as a more climatic event. Jeez, I've never ranted so much for a while... (I really don't like to rant about anime, but couldn't help it this time).
Old 2012-01-13, 11:39   Link #69
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Mana needs more focus...seriously, she's the most interesting character so far....

Her being the first infected seems somehow part of something else's plot....
Old 2012-01-13, 11:43   Link #70
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
That was just disappointing. I certainly didn't like how they handled their past very poorly. Everything just felt rushed and awkward.

Mana being a manipulating bitch was a pleasant surprise though.
Well sure....but I think her being infected towards the end contributed quite a lot to her questionable mental state....
Old 2012-01-13, 11:55   Link #71
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
What the heck is this? This show has so much potential and they did the story so shabbily? I just can't accept the weak plot links and background stories, glossed over stuff which deserved more details. Everything (plot wise and character behavior) seems so forced. And where's Ayase after everything kind of disintegrated? You guys (script writer and production staff) didn't get her out? And how did Shu float away in a yellow magic bubble (biggest mystery of GC 0_o)? I know there must be a stronger reason for Guy to still stand around flinging his Void after getting his Void drawn out. Just a few lines didn't quite cut it. A Void that draws out other Voids? How convenient... Somehow the atmosphere didn't quite match it. Well, I can accept it if there's a good reason behind it (explained, not speculated by the audience) and with it happening as a more climatic event. Jeez, I've never ranted so much for a while... (I really don't like to rant about anime, but couldn't help it this time).
I think it was quite appropriate as he could see other Voids and had lots of experience in guiding Shu which Void to use and how.
Old 2012-01-13, 12:00   Link #72
Manic
real men love pink

pretty sure him being able to see voids deals with being infected with the virus. Yahiro's bro told shu he could see into the hearts of ppl and also knew what his brothers void could do.
Old 2012-01-13, 12:01   Link #73
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

at first, I think it's really a virus..... but looks like it is something like 'dark magic' or 'cursed power' (so I throw away every scientific explanation about the virus)

I can't believe they put flashback and conclusion scene in one episode... that's a negative point for this episode

so far, this episode is good enough for me.... that 'yandere-virus' totally scary. That triangle love between Triton-Mana-Shu are really interesting... And also to imagine that at first Triton want to become like Shu... and now Shu want to become like Triton... I lol'd... xD

I catch something interesting.... "your new mother, Ouma Haruka brought us to Tokyo"
woot?? new mother??!!

and now, Triton a.k.a Gai, the most GAR character in this anime already died... The source of virus, Mana also already gone.... so what's next??? I can't guess anymore
the only unexplained things are Inori's origin, Shu's void power origin, Shu-Mana-Triton's childhood (looks like they're experimental subject), and gravekeeper
Old 2012-01-13, 12:04   Link #74
Aqua Knight

Also did you notice that Shu held on Gai's Badass Longcoat ?
Old 2012-01-13, 12:05   Link #75
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
That triangle love between Triton-Mana-Shu are really interesting... And also to imagine that at first Triton want to become like Shu... and now Shu want to become like Triton... I lol'd... xD
Why wasn't THIS the focus of the first half?

By the way, did anyone catch that other Void user's name? I can't read the credits and the episode never even gave us his purpose, let alone his name.

Quote:
I think it was quite appropriate as he could see other Voids and had lots of experience in guiding Shu which Void to use and how.
I'm still waiting for the explanation on how he can see voids.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2012-01-13 at 12:20.
Old 2012-01-13, 12:09   Link #76
Scarletknive
Meister

Gai's VA:Graham Aker..
Enemy's type(Apocalypse virus) looks like ELS...
Did i just see the 00 movie joke there, or is it just me?
Old 2012-01-13, 12:10   Link #77
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Also did you notice that Shu held on Gai's Badass Longcoat ?
Yes, I notice that.can not wait to see Shu using Inori's void while wearing Gai's Longcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Why wasn't THIS the focus of the first half?

By the way, did anyone catch that other Void user's name? I can't read the credits and the episode never even gave us his purpose, let alone his name.
His name is Yuu at least this is what I know.
Old 2012-01-13, 12:15   Link #78
Manic
real men love pink

his name was said to be daath grave keeper, so w/e that means

and it does make ya wonder what shus parents were up to cus when triton confronted mana u saw glimpses of her being experimented on. How he knew that and about the virus while shu didnt is also another head scratcher.
Old 2012-01-13, 12:22   Link #79
HelpeRX

Analysis Guilty Crown

After being bombarded with all sorts of information and more character input I am left at a confusion. First thing is Gai said one of the episodes when Inori asked him do I love shu? Gai said to himself looks like you too have chosen Shu. Now after this episode you can see by you too the first he was probably talking about how Gai Loved Shus sister but she loved Shu. Second Shus sister said lets make our genes one was that not a code word for having sex? Because she said I am going to show you a good time. Remember when one of shus friends wanted to go out with Inori and Shu got mad and said SHE IS MY _____. I was thinking what can fit there she is my girlfriend no that doesnt make sense but sister would because they have a resembles. Now I dont think Gai and Inori had any relationship as shu thought because he he saw her going into guys room to I think use her blood to heal him? Lastly this is troubling me so is Inori created for the purpose of getting shus sister back, the way the explained it it shows that is what it is and being that she has weird emotions and cannot grasp her own emotions she seems like a doll? I am so confused and would love somone to please enlighten me.
Old 2012-01-13, 12:38   Link #80
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Daath is the convenient Deus Ex Machina type. Daath could have saved Gai and Mana if he so pleased.

The "arena" they were in was some sort of magic realm... did you catch that? The big "portal of light" they had to go through kind of gave it away.

The bubble... probably a feature of that magic realm or maybe Daath booted them out.

Who was Gai's dad? He said his dad told him that those who touch the rock go nuts. Gai called Haruka, Shu's new mother.<--- at least, in the sub

Were Shu and Mana both genetically engineered to touch that rock? It seems that Mana was being used as a lab rat.

It seems Gai really liked both Shu and Mana. Mana was coming on to him. Why wasn't he wearing pants when Mana tied him up? Did she sucker him into lowering his guard? Gai was a little horny bastard. I guess nothing happened because if it did, the world was going to explode. Mating with her would have killed off the human race, I believe.

Daath calls Shu, The King.
'
Is there a preview for the next episode?
Closed Thread