AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-12-08, 11:34   Link #181
DeathStrike
SLASH!

Five new video
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/12/...film-z-videos/

Tons of scans!!!

Some drawings by Oda
Old 2012-12-08, 12:40   Link #182
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
O-Oh my... 12 year old Nami... so adorable~
Old 2012-12-13, 07:15   Link #183
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
O-Oh my... 12 year old Nami... so adorable~
Spoiler for Real age:
Old 2012-12-15, 14:45   Link #184
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Here's some more juicy info, guys. Credit goes to Sandman from AP forums.

Volume Z

Spoiler for Z's Life:

Spoiler for Other small tidbits of info:

So it looks like the shichibukai that cut off Z's forearm wasn't Doflamingo after all. It's one of the new shichibukai that was recruited over the time-skip. Now I'm really intrigued to see who this guy is in due time. And we've finally got the ages of the admirals. Kizaru is now 58, Akainu 55, and Aokiji 49. I didn't expect Z to be Whitebeard's age. Sure he's an old timer, but I expected him to be 70 tops. Clearly the man was well past his prime, as his history indicates during his last years.
Old 2012-12-15, 16:14   Link #185
DeathStrike
SLASH!

One Piece Film Z Grosses 750 Million Yen On First Day at Box Office

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/12/...0-million-yen/
Old 2012-12-15, 19:37   Link #186
marvelB

Yeah, that info is really interesting. I actually think it's fitting that Z is as old as he is, because in some sense he DOES seem to be like the marine equivalent of Whitebeard. The other admiral's ages are just about what I expected, as well. Though I do find it interesting that both Kizaru and Akainu were already "monsters" when they first joined the marines (well, Akainu isn't surprising considering that SBS pic of him as a kid, but for even a laid-back guy like Kizaru to be a monster at that time......).

As far as the shichibukai goes, I also agree that it seems we can cross Dofla off that list now. And while Law sounds like the ideal perpetrator, I'm not convinced it's him either, at this point. While it's true he fits some criteria here (someone who became a warlord recently, has a "cutting" power), there's kind of the fact that his powers are really only semi-permanent. That is, any limb he slices apart can still be reattached without his help. So unless Law completely mangled up Z's arm, I doubt he was responsible for crippling him. Therefore, it's quite likely that the warlord in question may be a completely new character.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 22:36   Link #187
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
So unless Law completely mangled up Z's arm, I doubt he was responsible for crippling him. Therefore, it's quite likely that the warlord in question may be a completely new character.....
I feel that Law is too proud to beg for his life.. I don't think hes above such underhanded methods but when it comes to his pride, he's a little like Luffy.
Old 2012-12-15, 22:43   Link #188
orangejuicetang

There's also the fact that the incident took place nine years ago, meaning that Law would have had to been able to cut off his hand at age what... 17 years old? I find it hard to believe he'd have been capable of a feat like that then. Especially since I feel like being able to do that would have meant his bounty would be much higher than 200 mil when we first see him.

By 'monster', do you think it might be possible that it means they both had devil fruits by then?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 01:48   Link #189
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
By 'monster', do you think it might be possible that it means they both had devil fruits by then?
More likely it means that they were exceptionally strong newcomers into the marines force. After all, we've seen that the admirals are in a class of their own in comparison to the rest. Collectively, they are known as the "ultimate assault force" for that very reason.
Old 2012-12-16, 07:30   Link #190
ronin myael
lost ronin

interesting new info. now i'm even more curious about this particular shichibukai.
Old 2012-12-16, 16:54   Link #191
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
More likely it means that they were exceptionally strong newcomers into the marines force. After all, we've seen that the admirals are in a class of their own in comparison to the rest. Collectively, they are known as the "ultimate assault force" for that very reason.

Yeah, this pretty much sums up my thoughts, as well. It's kinda similar to how Luffy and Zoro were already above East Blue standards early in the series, I think. Both Kizaru and Akainu must have went through some hardcore training growing up (and again, it wouldn't be surprising for Akainu, when you remember that SBS pic of him).....
Old 2012-12-16, 17:42   Link #192
Blackbeard D. Kuma

It's funny how Oda explicitly points out that Luffy only beats Z because the latter was a former admiral, sick, old, and out of his prime. That's enough of an indication that he doesn't want people jumping to the automatic conclusion that Luffy is now admiral level. However, if everything in this film is completely legit, it would mean that logically Luffy is now close to admiral level. In the beginning of the film, Z and Kizaru are evenly matched; neither one got the best of the other. For Luffy to beat someone like that truly is something.
Old 2012-12-16, 18:19   Link #193
SOL66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Ever since Roger's death, Rayleigh retired from piracy, and thus he has been inactive for the past 24 years. Despite that inactivity and rustiness, he's still able to fight on par with an admiral. So even accounting for Shiki weakening over the years, he shouldn't have lost so much of his strength to the point where pre-time-skip Luffy could beat him. There's absolutely no plausible explanation for Shiki's loss besides PIS (Plot Induced Stupidity).

And on that note, with Z being a former admiral, there's no doubt he's going to suffer the same BS fate just so the hero Luffy could win.
Technically, while it said shiki was a rival to roger, it never said he was able to have a decent fight against him, coby is a rival to luffy but got his ass beat by him pretty bad, same for buggy, and shiki has had to completely change how he fights, he went from being a swordsman(like zoro) to fighting only with kicks(like sanji), add to that his age and 20 years of doing nothing, he got a lot weaker. While rayleigh was able to fight on par with an admiral, he got tired very fast, and had haki, shiki never showed any use of haki.

Luffy+billy(bird with electric powers) beat shiki, plus luffy had the weather on his side, shiki was an old swordsman who didnt have any swords in his hands

Strong World and Z were both overseen by oda himself, and shiki was mentioned in the manga, so how strong they are is the same as if they would have been introduced in the manga instead, they aren't just made weaker for the film
SOL66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 18:51   Link #194
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOL66 View Post
Technically, while it said shiki was a rival to roger, it never said he was able to have a decent fight against him, coby is a rival to luffy but got his ass beat by him pretty bad, same for buggy, and shiki has had to completely change how he fights, he went from being a swordsman(like zoro) to fighting only with kicks(like sanji), add to that his age and 20 years of doing nothing, he got a lot weaker. While rayleigh was able to fight on par with an admiral, he got tired very fast, and had haki, shiki never showed any use of haki.

Luffy+billy(bird with electric powers) beat shiki, plus luffy had the weather on his side, shiki was an old swordsman who lost a hand to hand battle
It doesn't have to be outright stated that Shiki was able to have a decent fight against Roger; it's automatically inferred that he was able to. That would be like saying Garp was considerably inferior to Roger because Roger's statement about them nearly killing each other several times didn't indicate exactly when those duels/incidents occurred. For all we know, Roger could have been referring to his rookie days, but has since grown much stronger than Garp. I highly doubt it was Oda's intention for us to interpret these statements like this. They're not meant to downplay the characters in question; quite the contrary, they're meant to hype them up.

You do know that Oda also originally planned for Whitebeard to mention Shiki's name alongside Roger, Garp, and Sengoku, but he chose not to in order to not confuse readers and give them too much info. Roger, Garp, and Sengoku, are all individuals that Whitebeard had a high degree of respect for. You don't get that kind of acknowledgement by being a weakling, something Shiki clearly wasn't.

It's virtually unanimously agreed upon that Shiki's loss was handled poorly. It made no sense whatsoever given his legendary status, hype, and hax DF. We even saw in the movie how easily he took care of the monster trio, Ussop, and Chopper, simultaneously with one attack. Even accounting for deterioration of strength due to old age, we've seen that the old timers are still ludicrously powerful and can still tango with the best of the best. Shiki should be no exception.

Rayleigh didn't get tired very fast against Kizaru. Just because he panted a little doesn't equate to him getting exhausted. By that logic, we can say that Zoro and Luffy, for example, should have lost their battles against their respective past enemies because they panted in battle whereas their enemies didn't. Some people always blow that scene way out of proportion. The fact of the matter is that Rayleigh and Kizaru were locked in a stalemate, and Rayleigh was more than confident in stalling Kizaru despite his rustiness due to inactivity over the past 20 years.

As for characters not showing Haki pre-skip, I'm quite sure that Oda didn't visibly show haki's effects during those times either because he hadn't completely worked out the mechanics of Haki yet or because he didn't want to confuse readers about what was going on without explaining anything.
Old 2012-12-16, 23:29   Link #195
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Update

It looks like some small tidbits of info got extracted from those scans Deathstrike posted above. Here it is an a nutshell:

-The marine has approximately 200 branches distributed throughout the 5 seas(Grand Line + the blues)
-there are 16 viceadmirals

It's good how there aren't many vice admirals. They're also an exceptional group of strong individuals in their own right second only to the admirals. Moreover, they're the ones that will eventually be promoted to admiral status in the future, so it's only proper that a small pool of candidates is used to make those decisions.
Old 2012-12-16, 23:52   Link #196
paradox13
zzz

Only 16? So have all of them appeared in the manga?
Old 2012-12-17, 00:06   Link #197
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Only 16? So have all of them appeared in the manga?
Yes, all of them have appeared in the manga. Here are all of their names:

1) Tsuru
2) John Giant
3) Comil (G-2)
4) Momonga (G-1)
5) Onigumo
6) Doberman
7) Strawberry
8) Yamakaji
9) Lacroix
10) Ronse
11) Stainless
12) Mozambia
13) Cancer
14) Dalmatian
15) Bastille
16) Smoker (G-5)
17) Vergo (G-5)

I guess they're not counting Vergo because he'll be exposed as a mole, stripped of his status, and locked up in jail once Smoker reports him (assuming he doesn't get swallowed up by Shinokuni).
Old 2012-12-17, 00:15   Link #198
paradox13
zzz

Are you sure none of them have died, been promoted or demoted in the time skip?
Old 2012-12-17, 00:20   Link #199
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Are you sure none of them have died, been promoted or demoted in the time skip?
Well, this info was compiled from those scans, which reflects what's going on post-skip. Notice how Garp is no longer a Vice Admiral since he retired/stepped down. But I know what you mean. Some of those 16 I mentioned may have been demoted or killed during the time skip, and thus some newcomers may have taken their spots.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2012-12-17 at 00:37.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 18:24   Link #200
marvelB

I'm actually not surprised that there's sixteen VAs in total. In fact, it makes sense since it matches up with the number of commanders Whitebeard had in his crew (a couple of whom were already dead/incapacitated by the time the war happened). I also agree that we'll probably be seeing a bit of a shift in roster, though.... from what I can see, those scans are just going off from info we already knew. At the very least, I can see one or two of the Buster Call VAs taking an admiral's seat since two spots opened up during the skip.....