Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-05, 20:02   Link #241
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher View Post
But in this case, she was his sister from very early on. They grew up together, so even if they are not blood related, it is still creapy to me.
Well, "in this case", which? D.C. or D.C. II? The situation with Otome and Yume is different than it was with Nemu. And I think we've discussed the Nemu situation to death by now.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 20:15   Link #242
Calawain
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Anyway back on track...The relationship here isnt incest at all...it is just one girl who feels like calling a guy "onii chan" just to get close to him
So how is Yoshiyuki related to Otome and Yume? I have not played the game so I only go on what is in the first episode, where I kind of remember him calling them his sisters.
Calawain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 20:26   Link #243
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calawain View Post
So how is Yoshiyuki related to Otome and Yume? I have not played the game so I only go on what is in the first episode, where I kind of remember him calling them his sisters.
This really can't be answered completely without spoilers, but he was brought into the family by Sakura (she's like his guardian), lived with Otome and Yume for a while, but now lives with Sakura at her house. Yume and Otome are neighbours, and you could sort of (in a manner of speaking) think of them as third cousins, or something. They call him a brother because they lived together for a while as kids, and due to the family connection through Sakura. I think it's better to let the anime explain the rest in due time.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-10-05 at 20:32. Reason: Clarified...
Old 2007-10-05, 21:33   Link #244
Calawain
Gaijin

Alright, then I shall reserve judgment on this until then.
Calawain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 13:06   Link #245
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Hey, the first episode was kinda crazy. No background info at all, but I liked it a lot anyways (because I understand whats going on of course...).
Anyways, I hope the second episode can close the holes and prepare the storyline. This might turn out really great.

BTW, I love the new design of Sakura (hot!).
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 14:32   Link #246
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
What background? This is basically a new start for a new series which is just loosely connected with the precursors (unless you look into the finer details but right now it is best to just treat it separately).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 18:02   Link #247
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Since we currently lack a DC image thread, here's something I found:

Spoiler for .......:
Old 2007-10-06, 18:04   Link #248
UPR

Well If anything else I want a Otome ending.
Old 2007-10-06, 18:33   Link #249
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
What background? This is basically a new start for a new series which is just loosely connected with the precursors (unless you look into the finer details but right now it is best to just treat it separately).
Things like, the fact that Yushiyuki is a mage (and why do their sisters have a different last name) , the unwithering sakura, the fact that a loli is the principal of the school (oh god sakura is hot), etc.

Anyways, it does not matter that much, as I said, i liked the episode and it did keep me entertained pretty well, so no worries as long as they do put the pieces together.
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 02:51   Link #250
KBTKaiser

Yoshiyuki's past with the Asakura sisters isn't spoilers unless you want a full story.

Non-spoiler version(AKA what we learn at the beginning of the game) here:
Spoiler for The past of Sakurai Yoshiyuki:

And so, that's why Otome and Yume refer to Yoshiyuki as their "brother".

*opens his mouth to say something more spoilery, but is promptly restrained and duct taped by meganeshounen and relentlessflame*

((Sorry, you two, but I had to stop myself physically somehow. ))
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 13:43   Link #251
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
*opens his mouth to say something more spoilery, but is promptly restrained and duct taped by meganeshounen and relentlessflame*

((Sorry, you two, but I had to stop myself physically somehow. ))
It's so difficult! Heh! That is the price you have to pay in D.C. II, though. Even in the game, we had to go through at least 2 or 3 playthroughs before we could even unlock the paths that begin to explain this stuff. But it definitely makes those paths worthwhile, which is why I hope that people can avoid those mega-spoilers if possible, especially without the story's context. (It annoys me greatly that a certain popular reference website gives the whole thing away without a second thought -- way to ruin the intrigue! At least if you're going to find out, let it be revealed through the story's flow, and not just a one-liner.)

P.S. KBTKaiser (and any others who played the game), if you have the time, please let me know if you spot any errors in the summary I'm posting in the game thread. Thanks!
Old 2007-10-07, 17:09   Link #252
Vali

I have a question. Do you have to watch the first season before you watch this one? From what i have read, this takes place two generations after Da capo I
Vali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 17:46   Link #253
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vali View Post
I have a question. Do you have to watch the first season before you watch this one? From what i have read, this takes place two generations after Da capo I
Id say no. I never watched the first two season's. I watched the first 6 ep of the first one and just simply skipped to the end of the second since it was boring.

This seems a more interesting, for now at least.
Old 2007-10-07, 17:51   Link #254
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
It would, probably, help a bit, but going by the first episode i would say no - not required at all. You might not get some things (like the reason Yoshijuki can 'conjure' food from thin air), and wouldn't know who Sakura is, thus leading to thoughts like "Wha ? 0_O why does the school's principal look like a 13 year old girl ?", but other than that the stories seem rather independent - it is a brand new cast after all

So ...yes - it is fully possible to watch the show without having watched the first two seasons. I would advise watching them first nevertheless.
Old 2007-10-07, 20:38   Link #255
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Do you have to watch the first season before you watch this one?
"Have to" may be a bit strong, but I'll still be the contrarian here and say that, based on the source material, it's very highly recommended. Da Capo II is very much a companion to the original D.C., and draws very heavily on its characters and mythology. While I'm sure that the D.C. II anime will be able to stand on its own without alienating newcomers, people familiar with the original D.C. will appreciate it that much more. So again, not required, but definitely recommended. If you do decide to wait and watch it after D.C. II instead, I imagine you'll have a whole lot of "so that's where that came from..." moments. It's not a "sequel", per se, but it's very much a "successor".

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
I watched the first 6 ep of the first one and just simply skipped to the end of the second since it was boring.
!!! You missed the best part! If you get the chance, I highly recommend that you at least check out the second half of the first season (episodes 16 to 26 - skip the Side Stories if you want). Not only is it arguably the best part of the show (and pretty much required viewing to "get" the true ending of D.C.S.S. (which was not the scene you might expect)), it's also the most relevant to understanding the new series. So, even if you don't check out anything else from the first two D.C. anime series, I definitely recommend that part. In fact, if I had a list of "all-time classic episodes in romance anime", they'd be right up there in the "required viewing" category. Even if you end up not liking how it turns out, I think it's must-see.
Old 2007-10-07, 20:55   Link #256
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
!!! You missed the best part! If you get the chance, I highly recommend that you at least check out the second half of the first season (episodes 16 to 26 - skip the Side Stories if you want). Not only is it arguably the best part of the show (and pretty much required viewing to "get" the true ending of D.C.S.S. (which was not the scene you might expect)), it's also the most relevant to understanding the new series. So, even if you don't check out anything else from the first two D.C. anime series, I definitely recommend that part. In fact, if I had a list of "all-time classic episodes in romance anime", they'd be right up there in the "required viewing" category. Even if you end up not liking how it turns out, I think it's must-see.
well thanks. I think I will. Since I have a couple of hours to kill between classes tomorrow I used this for it. Maybe I was quick judge to it.
Old 2007-10-07, 21:08   Link #257
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
well thanks. I think I will. Since I have a couple of hours to kill between classes tomorrow I used this for it. Maybe I was quick judge to it.
Haha -- well, I hope you don't regret it or anything (I hope you don't come back tomorrow and yell "Why'd you tell me to watch this?!" ), but I do stand by what I said. I think it's something all romance/eroge anime fans need in their repertoire, because it comes up time and again. Here's to hoping I'll be able to say the same of the D.C. II anime at the end of the day.
Old 2007-10-07, 22:43   Link #258
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I agree, 16 to 26 is definitely the best parts of the second season. There is alot of development with Kotori and her having to deal with her emotions for Asakura.. Seriously missed the best part.
Old 2007-10-07, 22:56   Link #259
aONErox
Trainee

hm... alot of new stuff going to happen? maybe maybe not but if u ppls didnt notice lol there are alot of romance series this month
aONErox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 07:06   Link #260
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
I agree, 16 to 26 is definitely the best parts of the second season. There is alot of development with Kotori and her having to deal with her emotions for Asakura.. Seriously missed the best part.
okay im confused now. Is it the first or second season. Because holyman says second season and relentlessflame says first season which one is it. Or is it both?

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen