AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-29, 02:31   Link #1501
Aleister

Could this "unrequited love" vs "mutual love" be something seen from Nadeko's pov? Or the author's pov, Nadeko vs Senjougahara.

And the only thing worse than Senjougahara dying is Nisio finding a teenage romance excuse why they can't be together.
Aleister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 03:44   Link #1502
Xenosnake
Badass

You don't kill Senjougahara, Senjougahara kills you. Always.
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 04:08   Link #1503
Aleister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
You don't kill Senjougahara, Senjougahara kills you. Always.
One can only hope. If it's a showdown between her and Nadeko and one has to die, then I'm sorry for Nadeko.

Seriously though, who made what contract with a god or goddess?

Those lines at the novel preview, I'm guessing it's either Nadeko or omnipotent narrator speaking, but if Senjougahara really is alive in Hanamono, I really hope it won't be a bittersweet koinono instead of a downright downer koimono.
Old 2011-11-29, 05:19   Link #1504
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Okay, am I missing something here? I see you guys seeing flags and screaming bloody murder yet I only see Hitagi in between two trains....that's it.
The important question is the destination of those trains.
Old 2011-11-29, 06:07   Link #1505
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister View Post
Seriously though, who made what contract with a god or goddess?
It's a pact. And it most likely refers to the one between Nadeko and Senjougahara in otori.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 06:34   Link #1506
Aleister

So, Koimonogatari is actually the Final Boss fight volume + aftermath (since Hana is much later)?
Oh man, i don't care if Nadeko is a goddess, she's screwed. At the most, I predict a redemption scene for her

BTW, Wikipedia states

"After the events in Tsukihi Phoenix, she overcame all of her trauma, and finally became a completely common cheerful girl. She starts referring to Araragi with a cute nickname, chuckling at small things and sending e-mails full of Emojis, although her sharp tongue is still there, but toned down." - About Hitagi

Common cheerful girl? Was her character ruined? I wouldn't mind seeing her smile a little bit more, but I like her somewhat cold personality. If she goes within a mile of semi-genki, I'll shoot myself right now.

I mean, judging from her reactions in Otori, about her having to kill Araragi's murderer and not killing anyone until graduation so that their work wouldn't be in vain, I guess most of her "trauma" persona is still there, but I'm interested in knowing if this change is natural or just character-breaking.

Also, if I remember correctly, Kanbaru said that she used to be a normal girl. Did she went back to that?

Last edited by Aleister; 2011-11-29 at 07:20.
Old 2011-11-29, 08:06   Link #1507
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
So, Koimonogatari is actually the Final Boss fight volume + aftermath (since Hana is much later)?
Oh man, i don't care if Nadeko is a goddess, she's screwed. At the most, I predict a redemption scene for her

BTW, Wikipedia states

"After the events in Tsukihi Phoenix, she overcame all of her trauma, and finally became a completely common cheerful girl. She starts referring to Araragi with a cute nickname, chuckling at small things and sending e-mails full of Emojis, although her sharp tongue is still there, but toned down." - About Hitagi

Common cheerful girl? Was her character ruined? I wouldn't mind seeing her smile a little bit more, but I like her somewhat cold personality. If she goes within a mile of semi-genki, I'll shoot myself right now.

I mean, judging from her reactions in Otori, about her having to kill Araragi's murderer and not killing anyone until graduation so that their work wouldn't be in vain, I guess most of her "trauma" persona is still there, but I'm interested in knowing if this change is natural or just character-breaking.

Also, if I remember correctly, Kanbaru said that she used to be a normal girl. Did she went back to that?
Depends on how you look at it. The change isn't very noticeable. In Shiro when she found out Hanekawa slept alone in the school ruins she totally broke down and cried her eyes out. All I can say is she has more emotions now.

As for her in Otori, I think it's just her being calm in that situation since one false move and Araragi and Shinobu would be done for. I personally find Hitagi the hardest person to dissect character wise since we know the least about her compared to the other female characters.

FYI although it seems like its setting is pointing towards the day of graduation, other information is contradicting it. Graduation takes place in March and winter vacation takes place in December. The cover features snow so either the book spans over several months or this book talks about Hitagi's preparation for the destined day rather than the day itself.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've this already but unless Nisio intends to leave the story incomplete, a third season inevitable since we still don't know what happened during the missing timeframe in Shiro.

Last edited by omimon; 2011-11-29 at 08:26.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 08:22   Link #1508
Aleister

Cried? Eyes out? For Hanekawa?

implosion.jpg

I'd give 49% of my soul bo to understand Japanese just so I could read Neko to get that scene. Why would she do something like that? Out of pity?

Actually, that's a good point.... Maybe Koi is the 6(?) months leading to the end of Otori + Final Showdown?

I finished watching Bakemonogatari 2 days ago and in that time span learned about all the other books and a truckload of spoilers... God, I'm tired...

Last edited by Aleister; 2011-11-29 at 08:48.
Old 2011-11-29, 09:06   Link #1509
Shikijin

Quote:
Don't worry, Senjougahara barely appears in the following books, so it wouldn't matter much anyway

To me Senjougaha was the one who said the darndest things with a straight face, and she still is
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Also, I'm pretty sure I've this already but unless Nisio intends to leave the story incomplete, a third season inevitable since we still don't know what happened during the missing timeframe in Shiro.
Yeah, and if the series ever ended with Nise we wouldn't have known what happened during Golden Week. Maybe it's a just ploy to get more books out, but I'm sold. Some more books Nisio, please.
Quote:
Cried? Eyes out? For Hanekawa?

implosion.jpg

I'd give 49% of my soul bo to understand Japanese just so I could read Neko to get that scene. Why would she do something like that? Out of pity?
She was worried about Hanekawa. Hanekawa was the person that helped her "rehabilitation", Senjougahara has a deep respect for her, she wants to make out with her.
Old 2011-11-29, 09:10   Link #1510
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Don't worry, Senjougahara barely appears in the following books, so it wouldn't matter much anyway

To me Senjougaha was the one who said the darndest things with a straight face, and she still is
Yeah, and if the series ever ended with Nise we wouldn't have known what happened during Golden Week. Maybe it's a just ploy to get more books out, but I'm sold. Some more books Nisio, please.

She was worried about Hanekawa. Hanekawa was the person that helped her "rehabilitation", Senjougahara has a deep respect for her, she wants to make out with her.
If we ever get to see that...I can die happy.
Old 2011-11-29, 09:25   Link #1511
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Senjougahara will be fine. From what I know, narrator of this volume is Senjougahara herself; which means, she will be fine.

Even if it meets bad ending and Gomi x Senjou couple is broken, that's EVEN BETTER. XD XD XD

Quote:
Those lines at the novel preview, I'm guessing it's either Nadeko or omnipotent narrator speaking, but if Senjougahara really is alive in Hanamono, I really hope it won't be a bittersweet koinono instead of a downright downer koimono.
...Senjougahara was completely fine... except her insulting evolved to 'adult (19)' level. Both Araragi and Senjougahara went to college.

and as I said, narrator will be Hitagi-chan. Hachikuji said it in Onimonogatari.
Old 2011-11-29, 09:35   Link #1512
HasuMasu
*Artist

Hitagi as the narrator? Now this I want to see.
Old 2011-11-29, 09:38   Link #1513
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Also, I'd like to mention that all those comments to Koimonogatari below the picture should never be believed 100%. Comments for Onimonogatari and Kabukimonogatari were complete trolling. I think Nisio Isin just made the comment extremely ominous and scary to troll everyone.

Plus, I think the best ending possible is return of Mayoi as a Desu ex Machina!! xD
Old 2011-11-29, 09:46   Link #1514
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Also, I'd like to mention that all those comments to Koimonogatari below the picture should never be believed 100%. Comments for Onimonogatari and Kabukimonogatari were complete trolling. I think Nisio Isin just made the comment extremely ominous and scary to troll everyone.
I don't think it was Nisio who wrote those, possibly the publisher. Anyway, that kind of things is obviously meant to be cryptic as not to spoil the book, so you shouldn't read too much into it.
Old 2011-11-29, 09:57   Link #1515
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
I don't think it was Nisio who wrote those, possibly the publisher. Anyway, that kind of things is obviously meant to be cryptic as not to spoil the book, so you shouldn't read too much into it.
Yes, but it doesn't change the fact that Nisio is a trolling master.
Old 2011-11-29, 10:07   Link #1516
daku_noroi
★_★

...ain't it like judging a book by its Cover?!...
All we can do now is wait.
daku_noroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 17:06   Link #1517
Aleister

Quote:
Originally Posted by daku_noroi View Post
...ain't it like judging a book by its Cover?!...
All we can do now is wait.
Actually, that's kind of what we're literally doing.
Old 2011-11-29, 22:37   Link #1518
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Actually, that's kind of what we're literally doing.
hich is exactly what makes it comedy gold when he pointed it out.
Old 2011-11-30, 04:22   Link #1519
Garby

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Read it with your own risk, /period

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Gomi x Senjou
Who is Gomi?

Last edited by Garby; 2011-11-30 at 04:48.
Garby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 05:05   Link #1520
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garby View Post
Spoiler:
Er...it's a portmanteau. If you don't know what it refers to, I'm guessing that you haven't been spoiling yourself along with the rest of us. Are you sure you want to start now...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garby View Post
Who is Gomi?
You need to listen to the 2nd track (i.e. the first story) of the Hyakumonogatari Drama CD... Translation here or here if you need it...

(Has Senjougahara made that joke anywhere else? I still haven't had time to read the novels myself...)

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance