AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-29, 22:03   Link #1
confidence

PMK second season

do you think there will be a second season? They left us with Suzu still sulking and everything.
Old 2004-03-29, 22:07   Link #2
outlaw55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by confidence
do you think there will be a second season? They left us with Suzu still sulking and everything.
It may have not been as popular as they wanted so they ended it early :-\

that is just a thought tho...that would suck, but it may be what happened...
Old 2004-03-29, 22:20   Link #3
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw55
It may have not been as popular as they wanted so they ended it early :-\

that is just a thought tho...that would suck, but it may be what happened...
They leave it really open for a 2nd season though. I would be surprised if they didnt continue it. I mean Tetsu just got done w/ his 1st big fight I want to see him kick more ass!!
Old 2004-03-29, 22:25   Link #4
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
They leave it really open for a 2nd season though. I would be surprised if they didnt continue it. I mean Tetsu just got done w/ his 1st big fight I want to see him kick more ass!!
Exactly ! THey didn't conclude things too well...esp that Suzu thing, that was such a depressing ending, right when I was starting to like him
Old 2004-03-29, 22:56   Link #5
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, no doubt. I saw that 24 was the end and I was like WTF?? No way this is over at just 24. But I do agree that maybe it wasn't as popular as they had hoped. Same thing happened with Narutaru. If you'd like I can look around the rumor networks and see if there's any word on a second season of PMK, but so far they've been perty quiet in regards to this series overall, which usually isn't good. If there's lots of rumors running around, true or otherwise, it means there's lots of interest. If there isn't many rumors running around, then it's a good chance the series isn't doing so good and may not be continued.
Old 2004-03-29, 23:10   Link #6
outlaw55
Banned

You have to remember, Flame of Recca was WIDE open for MANY extra seasons, but it ended abruptly like PMK :-\
Old 2004-03-29, 23:11   Link #7
confidence

First i thought it was coool considering it was swords and fighting! but after some time it just got boring. For me i dont usually stop watching a show once i started. Aleast the ending had him fight.
Old 2004-03-30, 00:25   Link #8
Renato_kun

Send a message via ICQ to Renato_kun Send a message via MSN to Renato_kun
I really wanna see more of it.......
But I don't know if will be another season...
Old 2004-03-30, 01:12   Link #9
MrBrown

I thought it was rather weird what they did with the anime in the 1st place. The manga it's based on basically starts from where the anime ended. Almost seems like they wanted to make some kind of prologue anime for the manga... Didn't work too well, IMO. While I liked some eps, most of it was very boring. Oh, well.
Old 2004-03-30, 01:18   Link #10
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

I dislike the show, too long drawn with non-entertaining episodes till the end where they had a good fight but concluded with nothing.

I have not read many of the manga (there's some content there that I dislike as well to decide not to read further) but enough of the starting arcs to indicate that there is not much for them to start off a second season for this series.

Reason:

Spoiler for from the second manga series:
Old 2004-03-30, 01:26   Link #11
MrBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Shinsengumi Imon Peace Maker is the first manga series. Peace Maker Kurogane is the second. The Ikeda Inn concludes the first series.
(Not really a spoiler so I took it out of the tags :> )

Oh, I didn't know it had two manga arcs... was wondering what the anime was based on.

Quote:
Spoiler for from the second manga series:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-30, 02:10   Link #12
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrown
Oh, I didn't know it had two manga arcs... was wondering what the anime was based on.

Spoiler:
They combined the two arcs together. For examples, Saitou Hajime was not supposed to appear before the Ikeda Inn in Shinsengumi Imon PM but rather his introduction scene (as exactly depicted in the anime) is in PM Kurogane the manga.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-30, 02:20   Link #13
MrBrown

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-30, 08:33   Link #14
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrown
Spoiler:
I could be wrong ya know. But I've pretty much have had enough of the content in both Peace Maker, manga & anime. I'm glad to throw them aside.

MrBrown, feel free to correct what I said in the spoilers once you find your scans.
Old 2004-03-30, 08:54   Link #15
Sethi
StormRider

Now this one is one of the animes i was like "WTF that's the end??", i mean when we think the anime is going to start unfolding with all the characters evolving, Tetsu beginning to join the Shinsen Gumi in their tasks and with Suzu being all shaken and probably wanting revenge they end the anime.
They should really make a 2 season otherwise this ending rivalizes with the one in Kareshi Kanojo No Jijou were they leave everything in the open as well.
Old 2004-03-30, 20:17   Link #16
<^UmAyR^>
Naruto Sensei

Exactly Sethi...i had the exact same reaction...kinda like the evangelion end , but im thinkin sumthing like Suzu getting all pissed and next season hes gonna be one of his main enemies...THAT WOULD BE KICKASS!(haha im back again)
Old 2004-03-30, 21:04   Link #17
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by <^UmAyR^>
Exactly Sethi...i had the exact same reaction...kinda like the evangelion end , but im thinkin sumthing like Suzu getting all pissed and next season hes gonna be one of his main enemies...THAT WOULD BE KICKASS!(haha im back again)
Well... that is what happens in the manga.
Old 2004-03-30, 22:18   Link #18
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Ok, I found a few rumors on the rumor networks, but those were damned near impossible to find, which doesn't hold well for this anime. Of the five rumors I found, four stated that the series was cut at Ep 24 because of poor ratings and WILL NOT be coming back for a second season. Only one said that it would and the company stopped for other "yet undisclosed" reasons. That's all I could find, and again they are only rumors, so believe what you want, but from what I saw, this series is going the way of Narutaru as far as I can see it. Total shame too, I would have LOVED to see this series go a full 52 episodes like it was originally rumored to go. I'd also be extremely curious WTH they cut it short.

If anyone over in Japan can do some footwork and find out some info behind this series and why it was cut so short, if there will be a second season, etc, that would be super apreciated. All my contacts over there in Japan have gone awol, so I can't get them to do any footwork for me until I can contact them again. So I need some extra help researching the sudden dimise of this anime if someone who's over in Japan can provide the footwork and help me sort out what happened. I am sure others here would greatly apreciate it.
Old 2004-04-05, 10:24   Link #19
Tadakichi-san

According to one of my friends, PMK got the lowest ratings of any anime in Japan for the 2003 season, with it's highest rating ever being about 1.5% of the total viewers in Japan... that's REALLY low compared to some others, which were higher than 14%..
Old 2004-04-05, 11:14   Link #20
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadakichi-san
According to one of my friends, PMK got the lowest ratings of any anime in Japan for the 2003 season, with it's highest rating ever being about 1.5% of the total viewers in Japan... that's REALLY low compared to some others, which were higher than 14%..
14% is high. I thought only mainstream-appeal anime like One Piece and Detective Conan can pull in those ratings?

What's average for an anime series? Around 7%? (Just guessing from my memory of the Newtype ratings...Someone have a copy on hand?)

Still, it wouldn't surprise me if PMK didn't do that well. There wasn't much fanservice (not that I mind) and (IMHO) it wasn't that good. You'd think that historical dramas would be popular in Japan though...

It doesn't mean all hope is gone. If it becomes popular in America, a US company could co-produce or push for a second season. Or the Japanese company may start a second season hoping for a US license. Many series did only mediocre in Japan but were wildly popular in the US.

So, if the fans really want a second season maybe they should buy the DVDs in bulk when it gets licensed hehe.

Last edited by jennwenn; 2004-04-05 at 11:28.
Closed Thread