AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2008-09-13, 16:00   Link #101
Hisana
;p
*Fansubber

lulz, all of that shit from the Chinese forums are c/p'd from the 2ch threads...

you should look through the SH@2ch uploads for more guides and charts...(i.e. there's a extensive relationship chart here)~

there are also some concert reports uploaded too...

and yeah, Irene sounds like Iwasaki to me. D:
Old 2008-09-13, 16:10   Link #102
grunty

Oooo... so their names are what Ike says? @ goddess sisters. Gonna edit the post with it too, then. Thanks for the chart.
grunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 16:54   Link #103
Hisana
;p
*Fansubber

argh, i sort of finished Matryoshka...this song made me RAGE in so many ways...

【ロシア人豪商:Алэксэй Романович Зволинский】
[aleksey romanovich zvolinsky: the russian billionaire]

「わたくし、古代のロマンにЗволинский!嗚呼~穴があったら、掘りたい!」
"wakakushi kodai no roman ni zvolinsky! aa~ana ga attara, horitai!"

「Ladies and Gentlemen!さぁ!本日お聞かせするのは
"ladies and gentlemen! saa! honjitsu okikasesuru no wa
私の華麗なる半生、貧しい生い立ちで幕を開ける涙涙の物語でございま~す!
watashi no karei naru hansei, mazushii oitachi de maku wo akeru namida namida no monogatari de gozaima~su!
Хорошо、Хорошо、張り切って参りましょう!さぁ腕を組みながら足の筋を伸ばす運動! 」
harasho, harasho, harikitte marimashou! saa ude wo kuminagara ashi no suji wo nobasu undou!"

赤く揺らめく暖炉 家にもあったのに
aku yurameku pechka uchi ni mo atta no ni
悲しいけれど 燃やすべき 薪がなかった
kanashii keredo moyasu beki maki ga nakatta
弟達はいつも 機敏に動いてた
ototo-tachi wa itsumo godifuckinghaterussian ni ugoiteta
腹は減るけど じっとしてたら 凍っちまうから
hara wa heru kedo jitto shitetara kocchimau kara

運命の贈り物 不幸を詰めた 入れ子人形
ummei no okurimono fukou wo tsumeta matryoshka
開けても 開けても 悲しみばかり
akete mo akete mo kanashimi bakari

白く煌めく大河 風を切り裂いて
shiroku kurameku volga kaze wo kirisaite
走れ馬車よ 家は遠いか 空駆けろ
hashire troika uchi wa tooi ka sora kakero
妹達もいつも 腹を空かせてた
imouto-tachi mo itsumo hara wo sukaseteta
頑張れ末妹よ 銀のお注射 きっと快くなるさ
ganbare katyusha gin no ochuusha kitto yoku naru sa

人生は贈り物 不条理詰めた 入れ子人形
jinsei wa okurimono fujouri tsumeta matryoshka
開けても 開けても 苦しみばかり
akete mo akete mo kurushimi bakari

臥せる少女の治療費で 貧しい家計は燃え上がり
useru shoujo no chiryouhi de mazushii kakei wa moeagari
父親は遠くの炭坑で 岩が崩れて下敷きに
papa wa tooku no tankou de iwa ga kuzurete shitajiki ni
登りは険しき坂道も 転がり堕ちるは正に刹那
nobori wa kewashiki sakamichi mo korogari ochiru wa masa ni setsuna

死せる少女の葬列に 愛した二人の影はなく
shiseru shoujo no souretsu ni ashita futari no kage wa naku
母親も娼婦の格好で 無理が崇って旅立てり
mama mo shoufu no kakkou de muri ga agamatte tabidateri
どんなに険しき坂道も 転がり堕ちれば正に刹那
donna ni kewashiki sakamichi mo koroagari ochireba masa ni setsuna

掘っても掘っても砂ばかり どれだけ掘っても脈がない
hotte mo hotte mo suna bakari doredake hotte mo myaku ga nai
拝金野郎の妄想さ 無駄な努力と他者は言う
haijin yarou no mousou sa muda na doryoku to hito wa iu
それでも 夫は諦めないわ
soredemo anata wa akiramenai wa

掘っては掘っては砂埃 どれだけ掘っても切りがない
hotte wa hotte wa sunabokori doredake hotte mo kiri ga nai
成金野郎の道楽さ 馬鹿な男と学者は嗤う
narikin yarou no douraku sa baka na otoko to gakusha wa warau
それでも 妻は着いてゆくわ
soredemo watashi wa tsuiteyuku wa

(眩く) 輝く黄金や (世界中に) 轟く名声が
(habataku) kagayaku ougon ya (sekaijuu ni) todoroku meisei ga
(貴方は) 欲しい訳じゃない (燃えるような) 夢が見たいだけ
(anata wa) hoshii wakejanai (moeru you na) yume ga mitai dake
運命が望むのは 喜劇か 悲劇か
mira ga nozomu no wa kigeki ka higeki ka
今もう一度【神話】を 歴史の舞台に立たせたい……
ima mou ichido [shinwa] wo rekishi no butai ni tatasetai.......

貧しい一家は離れ離れ 私は商家へ丁稚奉公
mazushii ikka wa hanare hanare watashi wa shouka he decchiboukou
不細工な顔だと虐められたけど 誰よりも必死に働いた
busaiku na kao dato ijimerareta kedo dareyori mo hisshi ni hataraita
私(貴方)を支えたのは家族の存在と 母の形見となった一冊の【叙事詩】
watashi (anata) wo sasaeta no wa kazoku no sonzai to haha no katami to natta issatsu no [hon]

――"運命は残酷だ されど彼女を恐れるな
--"unmei wa zankoku da saredo kanojo wo osoreru na
女神が戦わぬ者に微笑むことなど 決してないのだから"――
moira ga takawanu mono ni hohoemu koto nado keshite nai no dakara"--

人生は贈り物 不条理詰めた 入れ子人形
jinsei wa okurimono fujouri tsumeta matryoshka
それでも私(夫)は掘るだろう(でしょう) そこに穴がある限り……
soredemo watashi (anata) wa horu darou (deshou) soko ni ana ga aru kagiri......

「Ohoo!エレーネ、エレーネ!」
"ohoo! irene, irene!"
「貴方、なに?」
"anata, nani?"
「Хорошо、Хорошо、Хорошоооо!!!」
"harasho, harasho, harashoooooooo!!"
「え?うわ、素晴らしいわ…」
"e? uwa, subarashii wa..."

there's one word missing (you'll be able to tell which), and i only did the dialogue for the beginning and end, because i dunno wtf they're saying in between. expect this to be edited a million times. T___T

NOW SOMEONE GO SING THIS. >:(

Last edited by Hisana; 2008-09-15 at 00:16.
Hisana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 20:58   Link #104
dierapunzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dierapunzel View Post
Anyone care for a brief story outline of Moira? Or rather, “My View” of the story outline, that is.

01 冥王 Θανατος (Thanatos)
Basically, it’s Thanatos feel for those sufferers of his mother, Moira (Destiney/Fate), and vows to save them by welcome them to the world of dead. I won’t go into detail because the lack of objects and subjects in the lyrics makes the song fit for many kinds of interpretations.

Notes.
シヲ抱ク瞳 彼ハΘ(ワレ)ノ器(モノ)
母ヲ殺メル夜 迎ェニ往コゥ 双ツハヒトツ
These are for the twin brother, Elef (エレフas they say in Japanese, maybe short for Elefseja, that’s how the old Milos called him and recorded him in his book).
The eyes that embrace death? The purple eyes? Or both? He was called Amethystos (lit: wolf with purple eyes), and the Queen of Arcadia told Leontius not to fight the man with purple eye… On the other hand, since Misia’s death, he’s probably given up hope and would have those “eyes that embrace death”.

Thanatos said Elef is his container. I first thought that Elef is Thanatos himself when Thanatos enter the world of human. But now I think maybe he’s just the “window” or “instrument” for Thanatos to get insight, and to “save” those sufferers.

And so it’s Elef who killed the Queen. But what does that “Two are one/Two become one” means? That Elef and Thanatos become one? Or that Elef reunion with Misia?

02 人生は入れ子人形 Матршка (Matryoshka)
The character based on Heinrich Schliemann, wiki him and you get his story, quite similar to what Jimang had sung.

In short, the billionaire had a difficult early life. The book (epic poem) of his mother had always been his support, along with his family. Now that he's rich he started a career as an archaeologist to uncover the places in his dream, to bring myth into history.

In the booklet you see the cover of the “book”, titled “Elefseja”(Elef), written by Milos the old poet.
Since the billionaire also concluded the album at the last track, the Greek stories are probably being told by him from his mother’s book.

03 神話 Μυθος (Mythos)
Not much to say here, just telling us how the world began.

04 運命の双子 Διδυμοι (Didymoi)/Twins
This is the happy childhood of the twins. Raised by loving parents (or who they thought to be their parents) in the mountains of Arcadia.
When the twins were playing outside, Scorpius found the house. By what the father called him, Scorpius is likely to be royal. Following the story line, he’s also ambitious but unlikely to claim the throne without oracle or war.
Scorpius wanted to recruit the father to his army to fight another country (and he could probably gain more power by it). The father refused and they battled. The twins came back at the bad timing and Scorpius ordered to capture them… It’s assumed that both Father and Mother were killed, and the twins caught.
We don’t know if Scorpius knew who the twins were or not. It seems that his main reason for the visit was to recruit the Father. But whether he knew it or not, it’s quite strange that he didn’t kill them right away. (Well, if he did that, there’ll be no Moira)

Notes.
そして...女神が舞い降りたる地は――(And then, the place to which the sisters descend is――)
I once guessed that the 6 sisters descend and became 6 female characters. But that doesn’t make sense, the sisters are probably just observers like the 3 sisters in Seisen no Iberia.

水に映る月を何時の日か 取れると信じてた
So Misia dreamed as a child to take the moon shadow in the water… Mirror to the name of the 12th track.

05 奴隷市場 Δουλοι (Douloi)/Slaves
As the title, the twins were brought to the slave market, where they parted.

06 雷神域の英雄 Λεωντιυς (Leontius)
This track pictures Leontius, First Prince of Arcadia, on the front line. He possess the Lightening lance/spear. It seems that because everyone has their own interpretation of oracle, conflicts and battles spread. In order to defend the capital, they started to build a protection wall around Ilion.

It seems that Leontius had seen his younger sibling(s). The Queen had introduced his baby sibling(s) with some courtiers around. And then we know that the King did not welcome the newly-born because of an oracle, so one of the courtiers (the man who the twins thought to be their father) offered to take care of that.
The question is, the Queen didn’t say Imoto or Ototo to Leotius, just Kyotai (sibling). While Kyotai is perfect if there were two babies, one boy and one girl, we only hear one baby’s cry. And later, when Orion was said to be the abandoned prince, it feels strange that people, especially royal family, are feeling ok with only the boy’s whereabout.
I’ve read debate about the number of baby the queen had at the time, some said that one of them could be the courtier’s child. (Not likely, since they have similar eyes) And some said that the queen only let people know that she had one child. (Strange, because the oracle is not against twins, but babies born under solar eclipse)

Notes.
2 oracles were mentioned. 1) The master of Lightening would become the king that rule the world. 2) The children born at the day of Solar eclipse would bring about destruction.

07 死と嘆きの風の都 Ιλιον (Ilion)/Troy
The reunion of the Twins. Misia was sold to be the apprentice of Hetaera (courtesan, sophisticated companion and prostitute. By wiki). In this track she was brought to Ilion to provide service for the priest of Anemos the Wind God. Elef was a slave that built the protection wall of Ilion, Orion was his fellow and friend, obviously skilled in archery. They both worked under the priest and suffered for the priest’s cruelty. Elef some how has the ability to see dark shadows around a person that predicts the person’s death.
And so the twins met. Just when the priest started his disgusting entertainment, Elef and Orion saved her. The three of them ran away from Ilion, with the help from Orion’s archery.
However the attack on the priest offended the Wind God, he and the Rain Goddess conceived Thyella, the goddess of Storm. And that’s probably how the three kids lost each other.

08 聖なる詩人の島 Λεσβος (Lesbos)Lesbian
This track says that the women of Lesbos found Misia by the sea; they took her to Sopia the “poetry reading consecrated female”, and Misia stayed. Sopia “detected the girl’s strange ability”(about reading stars, most likely) and guided Misia, not just about the ability, but also to be strong despite the unfortunate past.

09 遥か地平線の彼方へ Οριζοντας (Horizon)
On the other hand, Elef the boy followed the old poet Milos, travel through seas and mountains looking for Misia. They visited the old home of the twins where two graves lay. (Father and Mother’s?)
Before Milos died, he told Elef to go to Lesbos when troubled, an old friend would help him. So Elef the young man travel again, looking for Lesbos and Sopia.

And then, there are rumors about a champion in Anatolia, the famous archer Orion. People think he is the prince abandoned for born under the solar eclipse.

10 死せる者達の物語 Ιστορια (Istoria)/History
War spread. Leontius won the battle against Amazon, but didn’t kill their queen. This some how made the Amazon queen obsess about Leontius. Elef traveled, Misia far away. They miss each other and the old memories, but can feel each other’s presence, and have faith that they’ll meet again.
On the other hand, Scorpius seems to gathered all the cards he needed, and he targeted Leontius.

11 星女神の巫女 Αρτεμισια (Artemisia)
Misia has became the miko of Star Goddess. She seemed to foresee the destiny of Leon, Didymoi, and Parthenos. And then soldiers came to the shrine of Aster at night, seeking for Misia and pressed for oracle/interpretation of oracle. Misia wished no more sacrifices, and chose not to resist.

Notes.
The three star signs probably indicated the three royal siblings. However it’s weird that Elef alone took Didymoi, and Misia is Parthenos just because she’s a girl. And sometimes when the lyrics called Orion as an archer/shooter, it seems to refer “Sagittarius” as well, since the writing in Japanese is the same.

12 死せる乙女その手には水月 Παρθενος (Parthenos)/Virgin
Misia was killed by Scorpius and fallen into water. Though the world was ruled by the cruel Goddess Moira, Misia accepted and loved it all as the gift of Moira.
Sopia told (dead) Misia that a young men with similar eyes had visited.
Then we hear the farewell of the twins.

Notes.
So Misia finally get the moon shadow in the water.
During the farewell of the twins, Misia’s voice has special effect, probably means she’s in the other world.
Two theories about the scene of the farewell. 1) that Elef arrived Lesbos and found Misia dead there. He was looking at her body at the farewell duet. 2) that Elef was on the way of his travel, and he saw images of Misia through Styx (the river around the realm of the dead), or that Styx reflex Misia’s images to the nearby water surface for Elef to see. And only after that did Elef went to Lesbos to claim her body.
We can hear water splashes(foot steps) running to and fro before the duet, that’s why I think the 2nd theory may be possible. Misia’s body should be well cared for by Sopia and other women, and Elef would know the news before he saw her, so there’s nothing to running around for, he could just went strait up to Misia, even when she’s still in the water. But in the 2nd theory, Elef didn’t know that Misia had died, and naturally would be surprised at the image (probably with the attempt to pull her out), plus images are not as solid as real body, he might have to chase after it if it’s on flowing water…. As for why he can see the images from Styx, Elef does have special eyes to foresee death on human, and he’s Thanatos’ “instrument”, too. Thanatos probably want him to see it…
Ah, well, they’re all just guesses, I think the 1st theory is easier to present on Live, although the other one is more romantic.

13 奴隷達の英雄 Ελευσευς (Eleuseus)
After Misia’s death, Elef changed. He refused to take on anymore of Moira’s “gift” and now wish for revenge, and break that unreasonable destiny. He became the leader of slaves, Amethystos.
Back in Arcadia, the puppet King, but who shoot the Warriors of the past? And who is that Warrior? The best candidate is the Father of the twins, but he should be dead long ago, killed by Scorpius.
And it seems that Scorpius wounded Orion to his death, and Leontius killed Scorpius.

So the royal family did treat Orion good, if Leontius was revenging Orion’s death. (Only, the Queen knew who her real son is…) If not, then we are not even sure which side Orion was on. He may not part with Arcadia since he was a slave there, and the rumor of abandoned prince alone gave Scorpius good reason to kill him. As for Leontius’ killing of Scorpius, he was targeted long ago, isn’t it?

14 死せる英雄達の戦い Ηρωμαχια (Iromachia)/Hero, Battle
It seems that Elef/Amethystos had picked a timing when several countries attacked Arcadia at the same time so Leontius had to defend many places. The Queen tried to talk into Leontius not to fight Elef, but he left seconds before his mother revealed the big secret.
As Generals discuss, we learned that Orion had died, and he was one of Arcadia’s archers(although as a prince or just a soldier/general, we don’t know)
Elef’s troop broke the wall that he once helped created, Someone speculated that with such strength, Amethytos probably was one of the kin of God (Each country is protected by one God/Goddess, supposedly kin of God would be royal family members of any of the countries). And then the two brothers duel. The Queen tried to intervene, but got herself and Leontius injured to death. The Amazon queen can’t bear that Leontius died first and charges forward (to Elef?), and was killed.

15 神話の終焉 Τελος (Telos)/End
And then, Elef opened the gates of Hades, probably try to revenge on Moira, thus the question “Is the God/Goddess live or die?”.
The story’s ended, and the billionaire’s wife come to tell him that she’s pregnant, could be twins. And the billionaire decided to name them as…
Just found that I missed something from the end of track 12, Parthenos.

天翔る星屑 星女神の憤怒
(Stardust shoot across the sky, Αστηρ[Aster] is fury.)
寵愛する勇者に授けしは弓矢 神域を侵せし賊には神罰を……
(a bow and arrows are granted to the doted braves, invaded assault to punish the burglars who invaded her territory...)

Yeah, so now another god/goddess is mad at the violence in his/her shrine. One would think that since Elef is Misia's brother, he would be the "doted brave". But Elef never get to fight Scorpius, plus that bow and arrow are Orion's trade mark now... If indeed Orion was chosen to do the revenge (he and Misia only met once, though), well, good job, he was killed by Scorpius. As for Leontius, who killed Scorpius, the album never mentioned that he can shoot.
dierapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 19:23   Link #105
Bayu

I'm about to die with this fjdslk HAROSHO in the Matryoshka song, the russian writting is reading as HOROSHO, but Jimang keep saing HAROSHO.

Finally I found (after a week serching a good dictionary) what Хорошо (Horosho) means, it means "It's nice", "It's pleasant", "good", "very well", "all right!", "agreed", "okay"

Hisana, I'm having problem in the same part. I'm thinking that it isn't russian, It's being a fucking problem to understand it, I still trying to find or understand it.

Btw, about the conversation in the middle I have the kanas for it, found in a chinese site, I can transliterate it! I'm not fast in transliteration a_a acctualy, but.;

Last edited by Bayu; 2008-09-14 at 19:59. Reason: about godifuckinghaterussian
Bayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 22:00   Link #106
Hisana
;p
*Fansubber

Well, it's not because I don't have the kana for the conversations, it's because I have a few different sources for them, and they all say different things. I'm going to wait until it the live comes out on DVD, or when there's a consensus with what he's saying. D:
Old 2008-09-14, 23:24   Link #107
Hisana
;p
*Fansubber

Sorry, but this deserves a double post.

Full Thanatos PV.

fdgka;lfkgadf; about fucking time. D:
Old 2008-09-14, 23:38   Link #108
Bayu

Ah, understand. I was thinking about the kanas 'cause I died to found it on a Chinese webpage (sanhora still my will to keep going on mandrim classes).

AH, thanks so much for the full PV !!!
Old 2008-09-15, 00:11   Link #109
grunty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayu View Post
I'm about to die with this fjdslk HAROSHO in the Matryoshka song, the russian writting is reading as HOROSHO, but Jimang keep saing HAROSHO.
Jimang is actually saying harasho, which is, in fact, the correct reading of Хорошо.
Old 2008-09-15, 00:25   Link #110
Hisana
;p
*Fansubber

;lkas;lk i didn't realize i had both "harasho" and harosho" in the transliteration...
/me fixes

and Iwasaki has a blog now, which is uhhhhh D:
although i guess it confirms that she plays Irene now...

i also find it cute that in one of her entries, she's like "i'm so srrry Revo Q__Q" for messing up the lyrics on the first day of the tour. :3
Old 2008-09-15, 00:50   Link #111
SatanicZero

Sanhora is one of the reasons I'm learning Japanese.

Thanks for the PV as well.
SatanicZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 04:01   Link #112
Flame_Guardian

Quote:
15 Telos

「黙したまま、何も語らぬ…」

Word to word from a line in Raishin no Keifu, Chronicle and Chronicle 2nd.
um... I can't read Japanese sry.. but what does that say in English?
ALSO... the very last line says the exact same thing about 'naming her long time ago before she was born', from Elysion ~side E~
ALSO... you can hear the 'Thanatos' from light of god, or the secret track, at 4:44. It's really quiet, so listen well.

p.s full PV is just pwn
Flame_Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 01:03   Link #113
Bayu

George, you're greek, right??
Moira is pronunced as MIRA? I saw it somewhere and now I totally confused, 'cause I think that was pronunced as MÔIRA (btw, you guys understand it? a_a it's a sound marker and graphical simbol from portuguese *braziliangirl*)

Look, if it was reading as hArAsho, why we don't read the hole word with A "HARASHA"? Just if there is a russian gramatical rule about reading o between consonants. Come on, every where I see and even a russian friend of mine said that O is reading as O in russian o_o...Please explain me why I should change the pronunciation.

Last edited by Bayu; 2008-09-17 at 01:31.
Old 2008-09-17, 04:26   Link #114
grunty

My russian is well... not the best, but from what I remember from years ago, it's about accenting. You only read o as o when it's the accented part of the word.
Old 2008-09-18, 00:37   Link #115
Bayu

Ah a_a I'm able to transliterate and write in russian, I'm learning by myself 'cause here in my city we don't have any russian class a_a, but thanks Grunty, is nice to learn something new! <3
Old 2008-09-18, 09:48   Link #116
george1234

Send a message via MSN to george1234
in greek when you see the letters o and ι close like in Μοίρα you say Mira because οι= ι ( the ι is like the latin/japanese i )

also in greek ι = ι, η=ι, υ=ι, ει = ι, οι = ι, ου = u, ευ=ef,

in other words in greek there are 5 types of ι that are pronounced all in the same way,
the u is represented with ου, so in the word Δούλοι (=servants, slaves) - the letter Δ is pronounced like the "th" in the words "that" and "this" - you read Δuli

I hope that I covered you for now
george1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 21:37   Link #117
dierapunzel

I know nobody wants to see this right now, but well... I just need a break from Moira, perhaps.

薔薇の騎士団
Knight of the Rose

(第九巻 468ページ)
(Volume 9, P.468)

アヴァロン朝 プリタニア王国 時代を象徴する二人の女傑(ヒロイン)
The House of Avalon/(Avalon Dynasty), Kingdom of Britannia, the two Heroines that symbolized the era.

<地上の月輝>と謳われた詩人 ルーナ•バラッド
苛酷な旅の果てに眼病を患い 光を失ってなお歌い続け
その詩を通して聴く者の心の闇に 希望の光を灯し続けた女性
The Minstrel that was praised as the “Moonshine on the Earth”, Luna Ballad.
Gotten eye-disease during her harsh journey, although loosing the light, still went on singing.
The woman who continued the light of hope, whose song would clear the darkness in listeners’ hearts.

<至上の薔薇>と謳われた女王 ローザ•ギネ•アヴァロン
暴君として知られた女王の姪であり 王位継承権第一位の姫であった
先王の治世下 その圧政に苦しむ民衆を解放した女性
The Queen who was praised as the “Divine Rose”, Rosa Guine Avalon.
The niece of the tyrannical queen, and the crown princess/(heir apparent).
The woman who released her suffered people from former queen’s surpression.

「<権力者>(ばら)によって<思想、言論の自由>(うた)が弾圧されるような時代は、
もう終わりにしましょう…弱い自分に負けない為にも、
私は大切な人の名前を背負った…嗚呼…エンディミオ…
もうどんな嵐が訪れようとも、私は歌い続けられる…」
“The time that Rose (lit: ruler) oppresses Songs (lit: the freedom of thought and speech) is going to end…
To hold up the powerless me, I’ll bear the name of my most important person…Ah…Endymio…
No matter what storms that visit, I’ll go on singing…”

「皆にもう一度誇りを取り戻して欲しい!
祖国を愛する心を、この国は皆が愛した故郷に戻れるだろうか?
冬薔薇は枯れ、今遅い春が訪れた…
私は此処に誓う!光の女神(ブリジット)に祝福される薔薇になると!」
“Let us regain our glory!
Can’t the patriotic hearts turn this country back to the homeland we loved?
Winter Rose has withered, now the delayed spring is coming…
Here I swear! To become the Rose that Brigid (Lit: Goddess of Light) blessed!”

プリタニア暦627年
時の…フランドル国王 キルデベルト六世
国号を神聖フランドル帝国と改め帝政を敷き
聖キルデベルト六世として初代皇帝に即位
<聖戦>と称し プリタニアへの侵略を開始…
627 Britannia Year
At the time… Childebert VI, King of Flandre, had changed the nation to Holy Flandre Empire, and crowed himself as the first Emperor, Saint/Holy Childebert VI.
Thus began the invasion of Flandre that was named “Holy War”…

<薔薇の騎士団>(ナイツ•オブ•ザ•ローズ)
“Knight of the Rose”

それは…長かった苦境の時代を引き摺っていた人々が新しい薔薇の下
一つに纏まってゆく情景を綴った ルーナ•バラッドの詩の一節…
This…is a section of Luna Ballad’s song, which pictured the scene where people, having broken away from the long, trying era, gathered under the new Rose…

誇り高き炎を纏い祖国(くに)を護る為に剣を取った
胸に気高き女王(クイーン)の薔薇を抱いた同胞(とも)を
称えよ我らの<薔薇の騎士団>(ナイツ•オブ•ザ•ローズ)を
Pick up the sword, to protect the country (lit: homeland) we’re proud of that is in flame.
Friends (lit: fellow men) who hold the rose of noble Queen at chest/heart,
We are called “Knight of the Rose”.

嗚呼…光の女神(ブリジット)の祝福が在らんことを…
祈りの歌に見送られ 勇敢なプリタニアの息子達は戦場へと向かった…
Ah…May the grace of Brigid (Lit: Goddess of Light) always be…
Sent-off with a song of prayer, the brave sons of Britannia marched to battlefield…

Now the story of minstrel and the story of Arbelge combined. Ah, not quite in this song, but you see it more clearly later.

Last edited by dierapunzel; 2008-09-18 at 22:15.
Old 2008-09-18, 23:41   Link #118
dierapunzel

聖戦と死神 第一部「銀色の死神」~戦場を駈ける者~
Holy War and the Veles(lit: death god) Chapter 1 “The Silver Veles”~The one who dash upon battlefield~

(第九巻 527ページ)
(Volume 9, p.527)

プロイツェン領オッフェンブルグ…
眩暈がする程の血の雨の薫に咽ぶことなくその男は笑っていた…
Offenburg at Preuzehn…
(Not?)Choking at the dizzyingly smell of rain of blood, the man laughed…

フランドル暦182年『アラゴンの戦い』
アルヴァレス将軍率いる フランドル軍五千
ピレネー山脈を越え カスティリヤ領に進撃
アラゴン平原にて カスティリヤ軍
北方防衛駐留部隊一万二千を相手に開戦
182 Flandre Year, “the Battle of Aragon”.
General Alvarez led a Flandre troops of 5000 crossed the mountain of Pyreenes, and attacked Castillia. There they fought 12000 Castillia North Defend on the plain of Aragon.

勇み歩を進める毎に 足元に死が絡みつく
研ぎ澄まされてゆく刃風(かぜ)に 敵兵は戦意(こころ)惑わす
Every brave step forward, death connects under feet.
Facing the sharp clear wind (lit: wind of blade), the enemy’s heart(will to fight) perplexed.

猛る兵士と軍馬の嘶き「全軍突撃!我に続け…」
白銀の甲冑…<ベルガ人の将軍>(アルベルジュ)
Fierce soldiers and the whinny of war steeds. “Charge! Follow me…”
The silver armor…Albelge (General of Belga)

時間だぞ、来たぞ!見ろ!死神だ!
Chrono, Venies! Vidies! Velesa! (lit: It’s time. It’s coming. Look! It’s Velesa/Death God )

「時に…アルヴァレス卿の軍はまた勝利を収めたようですな…
倍数以上の敵軍を完膚なきまでに叩きのめしての大勝利とか」
「…銀色の死神、忌々しい<ベルガの亡霊>(アルベルジュ)め、
今や陛下よりも奴を崇拝する者まで出始めておる始末」
“Now… It seems Alvarez’s troops have again won the victory…A great victory that totally defeats enemy that's more than twice the number.”
“…The Silver Death God, that irritating Albelge(lit: Ghost of Belga). Now there are even people who admire him more than your majesty.”

「丁度良い手駒もあることで御座いますし、機を見ていづれ、
目障りな英雄殿には、ご退場願うのが宜しいかと」
「手駒…ああプロイツェンで捕虜にしたあの男の事か?
…破滅を演じる歴史の舞台、今宵も面白い劇が観れそうだ…」
“There’s a nice piece of chessmen. When the time is ripe, let that eyesore of a Mr. Hero make his exit.”
“Chessmen…Ah, the man captured at Preuzehn? …We shall see yet another interesting play on this stage of history that performs plays of destruction…”

「我ら<唯一神>(クロニカ)の名の下に…」
“Under the name of our Chronica(lit: The only God).”

彼は誰が為に戦場を駈けるのか…護るべき女性(ひと)と祖国(くに)を失って尚…
Who was he dashing upon battlefield for?...When both the person(lit: woman) that he should protect and his country(lit: homeland) had been lost…

After "Arbelge" went to war, his country and his girl friend was gone. Now he serves for Flandre (NOT the country that destroyed his homeland, it's another one), using the name Alvarez. And he became, quite literally, a killing robot.

Just edit a bit. I realized that most his names are related to his lost country. Is Alvarez his given name?

Last edited by dierapunzel; 2008-09-19 at 14:31.
Old 2008-09-19, 01:02   Link #119
Bayu

Ah, thank you, George!!
Gosh a_a how I love to learn something new about new languages.
Old 2008-09-19, 13:01   Link #120
dierapunzel

聖戦と死神 第二部「聖戦と死神」~英雄の不在~
Holy War and the Veles(lit: death god) Chapter 2 “Holy War and the Veles”~The absence of Hero~

愚者は問う…鉄壁の王城を捨て
女王は何処へ往くのかと…
賢者は識る…どれ程堅牢な守備を誇ろうと
陥落しない城など存在し得ぬことを…
The fool asked… leaving the iron wall of the capital, where can the Queen go?
The wise knew that…however proud of the strength of security, there is no city that won’t fall.

プリタニア暦627年『カンタベリーの戦い』
ハーシファル騎士団長率いる第四騎士団
ドーバーより上陸した帝国軍第一陣を迎え討ち
カンタベリー平原にて開戦
627 Britannia Year, “The Battle of Canterbury”.
The 4th brigade led by chief Percival met the first battalion of Empire troops that landed at Dover, and fought on the plain of Canterbury.

どんな敵も恐れはしない祖国(くに)を護る為に剣を振るえ
胸に気高き女王(クイーン)の薔薇を抱いた同胞(とも)よ
進め我らは<薔薇の騎士団>(ナイツ•オブ•ザ•ローズ)だ
To protect the country (lit: homeland) that fears no enemy, wield the sword.
Friends(lit: fellowmen) who hold the rose of noble Queen at chest/hearts.
Forward, we are “Knight of the Rose”!

死をも恐れぬ薔薇の騎士達は彼に続く…
緋い戦場を駈け廻る一条の雷 パーシファルの雷槍(スピア)
進め我らが<薔薇の騎士団>(ナイツ•オブ•ザ•ローズ)だ
Knights of the Rose who fears no death followed him…
A Lightening dashed around the crimson battlefield, the Spear(lit: Lightening Spear) of Percival.
Forward, we are “Knight of the Rose”!

時間だぞ、死神だ!時間だぞ、死神だ!(Chrono, Velesa! Chrono, Velesa!)
時間だぞ、来たぞ!見ろ!死神だ!(Chrono, Venies! Vidies! Velesa!)
It’s time, it’s the Veles! It’s time, it’s the Veles!
It’s time, it’s coming! Look, it’s the Veles!

帝国暦元年『グラスミアの戦い』
アルヴァレス将軍率いる帝国軍第三陣
辺境の地 ホワイトへブンより上陸
疾風の如く馬を駆り敵陣の後背を突いた…
Year 1 of Empire Year, “The Battle of Grasmere”.
General Alvarez with the 3rd battalion of Empire troops landed at the border, Whitehaven.
Like swift winds they rode to the back of the enemy…

殺す相手を愛する者や 祈る者がいることは忘れろ
邪教の使徒は根絶やしにしろ 眼を背けるなこれが<聖戦>だ
Forget that your opponents also have people who love them, and people who pray for them.
This is the “Holy War”, don’t turn your eyes away even if we root out these Heathenism’s followers.

燃え上がる山村 虐殺される人々
逃げ遲れた娘 追い駈ける男
馬上で弓を引き絞り 獲物に狙いを定める
放たれた火矢 細い娘の身を掠める
The burning village. The slaughtered people.
A girl ran too slowly. A man hot in pursuit.
Drawing the bow on horseback, about to nail his prey.
The arrow released, grazed pass the slender girl.

「シャルロッテ!」
“Charlotte!”

転倒した娘 飛び出した男
娘に振り下ろされた白刃を弾き返す
The fallen girl. A man that darted out.
Repelling the blade that swept down to the girl.

動かない娘 向かい合う二人の男
此方…白馬のアルヴァレス
彼方…黒馬のゲーフェンバウアー
The girl couldn’t move. Two men faced each other.
One side…Alvarez on a white steed.
The other side…Gefenbauer on a black steed.

「武器を持たぬ者に何をするのだ…」
「小娘といえど邪教の使徒、情けを掛けてやる必要などありわせぬ…」
「道を踏み外すな目を醒ますのだ…」
「貴様にだけは言われたくないわ…偽善者、英雄狂、人殺し<ベルガの死神>(アルベルジュ)」
“What are you doing to unarmed people…?”
“Even a young girl is still a follower of Heathenism, there’s no need of pity.”
“Don’t lose your footing from the path, wake up…”
“I don’t want to hear that from YOU… Hypocrite, maniac, murderer ‘Albelge’(lit: death god of Belga)”

「親父はオッフェンブルグで死んだ…兄貴も…弟も…戦友も…皆…」
“Father died at Offenburg…And elder brother…younger brother…comrades…everyone…”

「待て…貴様、帝国を裏切るつもりか…まぁそれも良かろう…<ベルガの死神>(アルベルジュ) よ、
貴様を殺す男の名を忘れるな、その男の名こそ<ベルガの死神の死神>(ゲーフェンバウアー)だ !」
“Wait… Are you going to betray the Empire? …Well, that’s fine…
‘Albelge’(lit: death god of Belga), don’t you forget the name of the man who’ll kill you. His name is ‘Gefenbauer’(lit: death god of the death god of Belga)!”
(note: I think “bane of the death god of Belga” suits better, but it’s funny seeing the very literal words put in English.)

幾度も繰り返される過ち 歴史に何を学ぶ…
奪い奪われてはじめて 気付く闇がある…
The same mistake being repeated many times. What have (human) learned from history…?
Robbing what was robbed, for the first time (he) noticed the darkness…

時間だぞ、死神だ!時間だぞ、死神だ!(Chrono, Velesa! Chrono, Velesa!)
時間だぞ、来たぞ!見ろ!死神だ!(Chrono, Venies! Vidies! Velesa!)
It’s time, it’s the Veles! It’s time, it’s the Veles!
It’s time, it’s coming! Look, it’s the Veles!

狭い山道を風のように駈け抜ける白馬
馬上には白銀の甲冑の男
傷ついた娘を抱きかかえたまま南へと疾り去る…
White steed dashed like wind on narrow mountain path.
On the horseback was a man in silver armor,
Holding the injured girl, sped toward south.

「ゲーフェンバウアー…世界を憎み呪うかのようなあの眼…
あの男は私だ、私の過去だ…ロッテ…嗚呼…シャルロッテ…私は何と戦えば良い…」
“Gefenbauer…The eye as if hating and cursing the world…
He is me, my past…Lotte… Ah…Charlotte…What should I fight against…?”

Last edited by dierapunzel; 2008-09-19 at 14:31.