AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-01-02, 10:53   Link #4881
Tabasco

I glanced through, and it looks like I'll thoroughly enjoy this. Thanks!
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 13:52   Link #4882
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
Hey all, Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

I don't usually self-advertising, but since there's no other way (and apparently AnimeSuki is the best place to post something like this? or so I've heard)...

My little present to the FMP! fans is the translation of two short stories (previously untranslated, unanimated). Get em here:
http://xmistervx.livejournal.com/

I've followed the example of shutazen and ultimatekane, created a LJ account for quick access, with mirrors. I hope you enjoy it.
thank you!!!!!

OMG where to begin~!
Spoiler for I love the fact, how Sousuke jumped from a simple suspicion...:

oh god, thank you...so much for all the hard work...^-^...you gave FMP cheer to start off the year!
I SWERE,..it felt like watching a new FMP episode...

Thanks! ARIGATOU!

to everyone else, in relation to the short story, here are some images to the short story!!

YAY!..

The Shrine Maiden...

lmao, tieing up "bad luck" charms.. might as well tie up Sousuke too XD...

When he burst down the wall with poor drunk Kyoto caught in the blast (she's wearing her shrine maiden 'socks')
WTH is Sousuke wearing? lmao......

Last edited by selilychidori; 2010-01-02 at 14:02.
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 16:11   Link #4883
MisterV

Thanks guys

So, just to emphasize - Voice from the North will be very different; and yes, it'll be online pretty soon (this month definitely, - unless something happens, but then nobody's safe from force majeure). An optimistic guess would be - in the middle of January. I'll be doing progress updates on that LJ account.

Again, I'd appreciate if you kinda spread the word (or the file). Not for growing my e-penis or something, but because I don't really know the FMP community. Remembering my own anxious wait for new translations, and then discovering that shutazen and others were translating them already since a long time made me want to bash my head against the wall. Repeatedly. Until the wall gives way. Happiness is a few clicks away, - if you know where to click, that is.

Oh and: I didn't include the pictures for two reasons:
a) possible copyright nitpicking
b) it makes the PDF files several times larger... not worth it
MisterV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 16:54   Link #4884
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Thanks guys

So, just to emphasize - Voice from the North will be very different; and yes, it'll be online pretty soon (this month definitely, - unless something happens, but then nobody's safe from force majeure). An optimistic guess would be - in the middle of January. I'll be doing progress updates on that LJ account.

Again, I'd appreciate if you kinda spread the word (or the file). Not for growing my e-penis or something, but because I don't really know the FMP community. Remembering my own anxious wait for new translations, and then discovering that shutazen and others were translating them already since a long time made me want to bash my head against the wall. Repeatedly. Until the wall gives way. Happiness is a few clicks away, - if you know where to click, that is.

Oh and: I didn't include the pictures for two reasons:
a) possible copyright nitpicking
b) it makes the PDF files several times larger... not worth it
Trust me, its rushing down the super-highway more then you know, I already have spreed it in Instant Messenger and many have laughed and enjoyed it ^-^ ...

we can not wait to see more~! I wonder what more can we see in Voice from the North? Is it similar to the manga or more explicit? I cant wait!
I hope it reveals more about Sousuke and his past,...

YAAAY!

and the pics I posted were from the Abstractica FMP webpage..o.o
Old 2010-01-02, 23:48   Link #4885
Kimitachi

Quote:
I SWERE,..it felt like watching a new FMP episode...
Yes, it felt like that. By the way, nice pics Selilychidori, it seems this year is promising for FMP fans. Waiting for that Voice from the North thing.
Kimitachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 00:27   Link #4886
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimitachi View Post
Yes, it felt like that. By the way, nice pics Selilychidori, it seems this year is promising for FMP fans. Waiting for that Voice from the North thing.
don't thank me, thank FMP.Abstratica.org o.o

but, your welcome! and yeah me too
Old 2010-01-03, 03:41   Link #4887
Neha018
Look Up for Inspiration

OMG!!Thank you very much Jehuty77 for providing English summaries of all of the FMP novels up until the very recent one Approaching the Nick of Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We are very grateful....thank you,thank you,thank you!!!

WOW!!A LOOOOOOOOOOOOT has happened since TSREspecially with Sousuke and Kaname's relationship

Two questions for anyone who has the answers:

1.Kalinin has turned "evil"....the impression I got from the summaries provided on page 1
Is this true?

2.Can someone please explain Sophia and her relationship with Kaname?
Neha018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 12:06   Link #4888
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neha018 View Post
OMG!!Thank you very much Jehuty77 for providing English summaries of all of the FMP novels up until the very recent one Approaching the Nick of Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We are very grateful....thank you,thank you,thank you!!!

WOW!!A LOOOOOOOOOOOOT has happened since TSREspecially with Sousuke and Kaname's relationship

Two questions for anyone who has the answers:
1.Kalinin has turned "evil"....the impression I got from the summaries provided on page 1
Is this true? We are still waiting on that..it looks like he wants the world back the way it was..which means he's seriously on Leonard's side unfortunately :S

2.Can someone please explain Sophia and her relationship with Kaname? Sophia, a key Whispered, who overtakes Kaname's personality, and she's doing a great job at it. So much, that Chidori THINKS that most of her decisions come from her self, and they are not. Sophia is practically camoflauging and merging with Chidori's personality and becoming hard to distinguish. All we know is, shes a whisperer, and she existed since the accident during a Soviet experiment using an Omni-Sphere that occurred on December 24, 1984.

I dont know WHO she is, however there are many theories...

1. Another Future Whiperer Girl?(next book?)

2.Or the Past and First Whisperer who's body disentegrated in 1984 and now her spirit resides in a world that has no time? (Omin-Sphere)?

3. (my theory) Chidori herself in the future when she makes contact with the past. This is base on Leonard who explained to Chidori that she is going to -change the past- by preventing the 1984 incident from ever happening. (next book?) Thus his plans (and Kalinin's) on making whisperers siece from existance as well as Armslaves, LD's etc. Sophia and Leonard also said several times that Chidori is both the past/present/future key whisperer.

Thus Chidori seeing Sophia in the tube coming to life is actually her self being posessed contacting the past. (next book?)( also the Manga shows Sophia looking ALOT like Chidori..too, thats why i suspect this) But thats my theory.

Who knows! ..we dont know. All we know is, she's a whisperer.

Anyone else is welcome to add other theories.....
=D

Last edited by selilychidori; 2010-01-03 at 15:44.
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 17:27   Link #4889
Alchemist007
*Author

Crazy bitch that needs to be lined up next to Leonard on the shooting range.
Old 2010-01-03, 17:48   Link #4890
MisterV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimitachi View Post
Yes, it felt like that.
Why, thank you. It's good to know that I've managed that at least.

I haven't seen the manga (it's really not my entertainment medium of choice... I only read a few), but I wouldn't say it's explicit. It's just dark. As in - feelings of tragedy, loss, etc.

Voice from the North is half-finished btw.
MisterV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 20:42   Link #4891
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Why, thank you. It's good to know that I've managed that at least.

I haven't seen the manga (it's really not my entertainment medium of choice... I only read a few), but I wouldn't say it's explicit. It's just dark. As in - feelings of tragedy, loss, etc.

Voice from the North is half-finished btw.
YAY! I can't wait!

And well, the story -is- dark and such anyways :S...
I just hope for light at the end of it all.. fumoffu off the wazu!
Old 2010-01-05, 14:51   Link #4892
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yes it's the new year so that means last novel gotta come out right?
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 21:14   Link #4893
MidoriHiME

Yep, it is!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-being-written
Old 2010-01-06, 03:00   Link #4894
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriHiME View Post
Beat me to it!

BUT FREAKING YESSSS, BEEN WAITING FOR SOOOOOOOOO LONG. It helps we get another short story in Jan 20th. Very, VERY good day indeed.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 04:12   Link #4895
Frostbitten

YES!

What a great way to start year 2010.
Frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 06:52   Link #4896
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Don't see anything good in this news. Just that at spring you will get another note that the release as postponed for another year and then for another and in the end having a likely tragic end to it just because it adds the pretentious depth to the story... (Sorry, have no faith in Gatoh at all or his schedule for that matter).
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 09:17   Link #4897
killersaint
FMPtard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Don't see anything good in this news. Just that at spring you will get another note that the release as postponed for another year and then for another and in the end having a likely tragic end to it just because it adds the pretentious depth to the story... (Sorry, have no faith in Gatoh at all or his schedule for that matter).
ah... we have a realist among us.

my suggested solution?
get hooked on something else in the meantime so you forget about the unfathomably long wait. (may i suggest Hetalia?)
killersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 10:40   Link #4898
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by killersaint View Post
ah... we have a realist among us.

my suggested solution?
get hooked on something else in the meantime so you forget about the unfathomably long wait. (may i suggest Hetalia?)
Ah, no need to worry about that. The long pauses between releases and crappy plot development (in later volumes) kind of unhooked me from FMP already.

Now I am just dropping in for once in a while just to know how the story end simply because I spent many years following it, rather than I am interested in it now. There are barely any emotions left regarding it, just a feeling that I need to know the ending so I can put it behind me. It started great, but in later volumes it took a turn for worse and the long breaks did its job for me.

One thing I learned from all this is that you cannot trust Gatoh when we talk about his schedules...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 18:27   Link #4899
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Ah, no need to worry about that. The long pauses between releases and crappy plot development (in later volumes) kind of unhooked me from FMP already.

Now I am just dropping in for once in a while just to know how the story end simply because I spent many years following it, rather than I am interested in it now. There are barely any emotions left regarding it, just a feeling that I need to know the ending so I can put it behind me. It started great, but in later volumes it took a turn for worse and the long breaks did its job for me.

One thing I learned from all this is that you cannot trust Gatoh when we talk about his schedules...
I agree. I've really forgotten about FMP, since there hasn't been anything new out. I seriously doubt that the last novel will come out this spring. And yes, talk about long. His last novel was wayyyyy back. Like 2 years ago. I'm kind of at the same standpoint as Darknemo, I just want to see how it ends.
darkdarkdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 05:01   Link #4900
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Uh, beat me to that.
But then I care about the main plot more than the shorts......And no, since I kept my eye on anything FMP related offline, as well as my 2 Revoltech ARX on my desk and a volume of Dengeki Hobby with a section about its mechanics, I forget nothing but shit.

However, I seriously disagree that late volumes took a bad turn in terms of storyline, just like how people complained PoD to the Nadesico TV.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen