AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-02-04, 23:08   Link #661
Amuroray
Banned

It better be in the UC era.The UC Era was really the only series of gundam that should be mentioned.

Anyone with taste should know that the msg,zeta,the various ovas,counterattack and the best series in gundam,victory gundam are the only ones which are good-to excellent.

Seed and co simply arent good anime.

Hopefully its crossbone or a sequal to victory.
Amuroray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 23:31   Link #662
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I guess I, and others on this forum, don't have taste.
Old 2011-02-04, 23:33   Link #663
Amuroray
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I guess I, and others on this forum, don't have taste.
Guess so if,like yourself,enjoyed gundam wing lmao.
Old 2011-02-04, 23:34   Link #664
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Obvious elitist troll is obvious, guys. Pay it no mind.
Old 2011-02-04, 23:35   Link #665
Amuroray
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Obvious elitist troll is obvious, guys. Pay it no mind.
Not trolling just stated my view on which era the new gundam should be put in.

Chill.
Old 2011-02-04, 23:37   Link #666
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuroray View Post
To each his own dude. Me enjoying GW doesn't mean I lack good taste.
Old 2011-02-05, 01:39   Link #667
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Love how people think old things are equal best things. And who decides which is good and which is bad taste?

Why does it feel like most of UC elitist is lacking maturity?
Old 2011-02-05, 01:43   Link #668
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Because they are?
Old 2011-02-05, 02:37   Link #669
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Love how people think old things are equal best things. And who decides which is good and which is bad taste?

Why does it feel like most of UC elitist is lacking maturity?
I sometimes wonder about that, because at times it seems to me that anime (not just Gundam) today is not as good as the ones done long ago. But the thing is, I probably wouldn't feel that way if I were just getting into anime now. Watching one show after another changes your judgment, expectations, etc. for the next ones.

As for the next Gundam, I don't really have a preference. I would only be against UC if the next TV series required knowledge of the previous ones, but that's unlikely to happen. But will there ever be a new UC show? I remember reading an interview with a Sunrise Exec. stating that the fanbase for UC would not be interested in watching a TV Anime of the universe, so they would focus mostly on the novels. Of course, Gundam Unicorn is out as an OVA, but we're talking about a TV series here. I could see maybe a short 13 or 26 episode one at best, but every Gundam show has been a 50+ episode one (Gundam X being the only exception, but that was due to bad ratings). I just can't see it, especially when the potential mainstream fanbase could easily think that you need to have seen the other UC shows to watch this one. Yes, you can say that it isn't true, but that won't stop casual fans from thinking that way.

More than likely, this will be another AU. What I am most curious about is which direction it will take. Sunrise noted that it would focus on three fanbases: UC (adults), CE (kids and young teens when it aired), and AD (college group, more for young adult men). So which demographic will they focus on now? As I noted here before, I don't really care, as I enjoyed both SEED and 00. If this next series has the story and character depth to make an enjoyable TV series, I'll probably end up liking it. And of course, an intriguing premise will help.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 03:03   Link #670
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
It better be in the UC era.The UC Era was really the only series of gundam that should be mentioned.

Anyone with taste should know that the msg,zeta,the various ovas,counterattack and the best series in gundam,victory gundam are the only ones which are good-to excellent.

Seed and co simply arent good anime.

Hopefully its crossbone or a sequal to victory.

Quote:

Ah yes, the D-KLAC of the Universal Century.

Not pleased to meet you.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2011-02-05 at 03:37.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 03:38   Link #671
JC...
I am a Pie

The next series should definitely be like Season 1 of Gundam 00, suits that are affected by gravity, set equally on earth and in space, have a variety of characters (Including some civilian characters), interesting fights and backstory.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 04:45   Link #672
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
The next series should definitely be like Season 1 of Gundam 00, suits that are affected by gravity
I don't recall a significant showing of 00 suits (even in season 1) being affected by gravity, especially when compared to early suits of other Gundam timelines.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 06:08   Link #673
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I think he might of meant how GN mobile suits are able to use anti-gravity fields. Did you JC?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 06:11   Link #674
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I don't recall a significant showing of 00 suits (even in season 1) being affected by gravity, especially when compared to early suits of other Gundam timelines.
If suits were knocked downwards they'd fall for a bit before using their engines to keep themselves from crashing (Non-GN suits), seen with the Enact and Flag.

Tieren ground types couldn't fly, they needed special parts to make them move quickly (The Tieren High mobility type).

Also, the politics were well done, the story was so much more inventive. Season 2 and the movie just turned into a junk fest of fights, plot twists, Trans-am-spam, and 'We must communicate with GN particles'. Argue against me if you want, I would like to hear another point of view.
Old 2011-02-05, 06:19   Link #675
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
If suits were knocked downwards they'd fall for a bit before using their engines to keep themselves from crashing (Non-GN suits), seen with the Enact and Flag.

Tieren ground types couldn't fly, they needed special parts to make them move quickly (The Tieren High mobility type).
Ah, well I don't think that's anything unique to 00.
Quote:
Argue against me if you want, I would like to hear another point of view.
Eh, I probably will if there's something I really disagree with. But for now, I was just curious why you would mention suits being affected by gravity as one of 00's (season 1) defining features when other series also show similar portrayals of suits being affected by gravity.

And of course the GN suits completely(?) disregard gravity.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 06:38   Link #676
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I was just curious why you would mention suits being affected by gravity as one of 00's (season 1) defining features when other series also show similar portrayals of suits being affected by gravity.

And of course the GN suits completely(?) disregard gravity.
Well, I wasn't really comparing it to other series, but mainly S2 really. And I haven't seen the GN suits affected by any sort of gravity (Aside from when the trinities are locked down by the trial system).
Old 2011-02-05, 06:40   Link #677
Amuro Ray

i don't mind if the new show is a AU or a UC show

but i only hope that the new series is a real robot and not a super robot show, we already have too much super robot shows these days
Amuro Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 07:41   Link #678
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post
i don't mind if the new show is a AU or a UC show

but i only hope that the new series is a real robot and not a super robot show, we already have too much super robot shows these days
Ditto.
Gundams are usually advanced mobile suits of their respective time. But the main character's Gundam from recent show are so advanced/powerful, the only way to kill it is by removing its plot armor

If they can't avoid that, they could add a major drawback of some sort to the MS. Having that adds tension to the battles, knowing its flaw could kick-in anytime.
The plain 00 Gundam with its unstable Twin Drive System could've been a good example until the 0-Raiser came to the scene.
Old 2011-02-05, 08:30   Link #679
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Whatever the case, we need more titles of the franchise to take on a grim dark atmosphere ala Zeta and Victory where the death rates is higher than usual and characters actually stay dead with no cop out of a happy ending.

Case in point, remember how well recieved OO season 1 was ? I'm all for using Crossbone Steel Of Seven as a template.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 09:21   Link #680
Amuroray
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Whatever the case, we need more titles of the franchise to take on a grim dark atmosphere ala Zeta and Victory where the death rates is higher than usual and characters actually stay dead with no cop out of a happy ending.

Case in point, remember how well recieved OO season 1 was ? I'm all for using Crossbone Steel Of Seven as a template.
Exactly.In the UC era the ending actually werent all fairy tale endings where all the charcaters survive and it was aimed at mature audiences.

Victory,war in a pocket,MSG,counterattack and zeta gave a realistic view to war.There is no easy endings in war.People die.And there are no good and bad sides in those as well.Just two sides fighting for what they believe.

Really hope this is a dark series with deep meaning.