AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2009-03-15, 16:02   Link #581
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Scientists are discovering that a lot of species that supposedly "mate for life" mess around on the side a lot and often seek new mates if the existing one expires. Welcome to opportunistic genetic biology Wolves are as sophisticated as many primate species in terms of social structure and whatnot. We're just lucky they missed the handouts for opposable thumbs.

Besides... this is a fantasy. We're discussing a special species of shape-changing wolves who can speak human tongues when necessary. All bets off.
Old 2009-03-15, 16:42   Link #582
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Yeah, that does tend to put things in perspective.
Old 2009-03-15, 17:14   Link #583
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

lol...I've just been disheartened O_o

Wel, all that aside still...their interactions are still to die for ^_^, even if it doesn't really progress.
seaghyn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 18:30   Link #584
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, I can't say I'm not a bit disappointed that the romance angle has been muted in recent volumes... the companionship angle is still fun but the extra characters are probably there on purpose to keep the fire dampened. :P
Old 2009-03-15, 18:40   Link #585
Used Can

I guess the idea is to develop them first as really good companions, before developing them as lovers. But, all the same, it's been 10 volumes already.
Old 2009-03-15, 20:56   Link #586
Tri-ring

One thing that hasn't changed within the relationship between Horo and Lawrence through out the series, is the constant leeching by Horo for fine food and drinks.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 21:58   Link #587
Blank-Mage

I'm sure Lawrence doesn't mind.
Old 2009-03-16, 02:33   Link #588
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Do they ever use Nola again? I love that shepherdess. Plus, she makes Horo jealous, so ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 05:02   Link #589
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

To my knowledge, the only time Nora shows up again is:

Spoiler for Nora shows up again!?:
seaghyn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 07:52   Link #590
Tri-ring

Nora's name have come up couple of times in Lawrence's monologue which always results to a glare from Horo.
Although I have not confirmed it, I hear that Nora will be again in one of the short stories in Vol.11.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 13:14   Link #591
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm not trying to pressure the author or anything (doubt if he or she'd listen anyway), but I'm hoping something more happens between Horo and Lawrence. It's about time, for one.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 14:04   Link #592
diesIupitri
Panem et circenses!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I'm not trying to pressure the author or anything (doubt if he or she'd listen anyway), but I'm hoping something more happens between Horo and Lawrence. It's about time, for one.
Most of us hope, but nothing ever happens in the first 15 volumes of any given light novel only to be followed by some volumes more where, surprise, surprise! nothing happens. I'm exaggerating but w/e~
diesIupitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 16:24   Link #593
salv87
Can't think of a title^_^

looks like everybody's making a comeback, so I think I'll try and make mine as well. I've been missing for quite some time already.. university stuff etc.. plus I just came back from my week-long trip to Belgium and France and I'm still quite astonished.. but I probably won't talk about it here cause it'll take too much time and space.. let's just say I liked it almost as much as I like Horo's tail^_^

Thanks judge and barbs for your hard work.. I'm going back to my studies which will be veeery harsh this upcoming month.. but I think we'll find time to chat ^_^
and thanks to those who are also helping on this project (v6 translator specifically )

Last edited by salv87; 2009-03-17 at 05:09.
salv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 16:39   Link #594
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesIupitri View Post
Most of us hope, but nothing ever happens in the first 15 volumes of any given light novel only to be followed by some volumes more where, surprise, surprise! nothing happens. I'm exaggerating but w/e~
Aye... its likely to be a long series of adventures til the publisher says "wrap it up" .... nastily clever of the author to structure the serial adventure format that way
Old 2009-03-16, 18:49   Link #595
Blank-Mage

I think Salv was typing with his elbows or something...
Old 2009-03-16, 22:02   Link #596
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Feel free to pressure I say, since it shows loyalty and enthusiasm to the story . Could read/watch these two for a long time just doing what their usual thing. Of course can't say I'd be against a step in that direction. They are a great pair after all.

Just happy to keep on following the adventure. And being grateful for the excellent translators that allow me to know what the heck is going on .
Old 2009-03-16, 22:15   Link #597
ATiWolF
Converted Horoist =D

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesIupitri View Post
Spoiler for Lite Novel Three:

I Think Not Letting Characters Go All The Way Is Probably The Key To Keeping Your Audience/Customers Hooked.... What If We Just Got What We Wanted?What Then?

Lets Hope The Anime Diverges From The Novel Enough To Allow For Some Mutual Reciprocation....
ATiWolF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 23:28   Link #598
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't think the pair has dropped that idea... only that events and the immediate needs of the each predicament derail deeper consideration of what they have come to mean to each other.

aside: if you're going to capitalize each word in some style motif - you missed a few in the spoiler text
Old 2009-03-17, 05:18   Link #599
salv87
Can't think of a title^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
I think Salv was typing with his elbows or something...
wel, I told you, I JUST came back.. so I was dead tired and needed some sleep.
better now?

well, in my opinion, they are already like a pair, just a platonic one ^_^
salv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 07:53   Link #600
diesIupitri
Panem et circenses!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATiWolF View Post
Spoiler for Lite Novel Three:

I Think Not Letting Characters Go All The Way Is Probably The Key To Keeping Your Audience/Customers Hooked.... What If We Just Got What We Wanted?What Then?

Lets Hope The Anime Diverges From The Novel Enough To Allow For Some Mutual Reciprocation....
Yeah I totally liked the part where he asked that girl/bird/alchemist whether humans can have offspring with them, that was funny already, but when he found out Horo also heard it was just hilarious. For me at least, probably not for him though

You are probably right about the rest but It's our holy right to complain non the less and anime never deviates the way we want, no better to say "I want"~
diesIupitri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, seinen, shounen