AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-12, 11:45   Link #1
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

I miss the feel of the earlier episodes....

Where people with Devil Fruit abilities are uncommon, and the fights have much more impact and drama. Now, it seems that there is very little dramatic fighting and One Piece is stuck in storytelling mode.

I do appreciate background and depth, but dont you think by ep 102 that it is drawn out too long since the last dramatic fight? (no Drum arc is not that great, nor is the Little Garden one)

Anyone have this same opinion as I do?
Old 2004-07-12, 12:55   Link #2
Nyssane
Mohji Fanboi

Send a message via AIM to Nyssane Send a message via MSN to Nyssane
I don't think so, because the upcoming battles are well worth the wait. ^_^
Old 2004-07-12, 13:07   Link #3
Jn183

Be patient, Imaginer-san. Be Patient. You will see why most ppl that went ahead kept mentioning Luffy vs Crocodile and many other great battle. I personally liked Nami fight the most after rewatching it a few times. Major underdog fight tend to get to me.
Old 2004-07-12, 16:04   Link #4
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, if the anime is anything like the manga, the upcoming fights are going to make all the earlier fights look like spitwad competions.
Old 2004-07-12, 16:15   Link #5
freedom
gomu gomu no baka

Imaginer, just be patient as others have said. You are refering to side stories as if they are the main focus of this arc. This is the Arabasta arc, and they've now gotten there, from the time they entered the grand line, the story was about Baroque Works and Arabasta, so just have some patience. I personally really liked the Nami fight, it's a classic IMHO
Old 2004-07-19, 20:38   Link #6
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

well many people are saying be patient, but I can't help but agree with Imaginer in saying that "I miss the feel of the earlier episodes." Perhaps its because there has been too many fillers and weak enemies, but I find that none of these arcs (UP TO NOW) can compare to the Arlong arc. Oh well patience patience.
Old 2004-07-19, 22:53   Link #7
kaizoku_65
Kaizoku + Shinobi

I don't really don't ave any complaints wit the series now. Its still as funny, imo as before, just that the 'alabasta' arc has slowed down the story somewhat. Still an awsome series either way!!
Old 2004-07-20, 09:38   Link #8
UserName

Just so you know, there was a filler arc after the last dramatic fight. And there were LOTS AND LOTS of fillers. I say 1 episode of non-filler for every 5.

But things will speed up soon. 103 and for about 30 episodez will be non-filler.

So you shouildn't blame it on the series, you should blame it on the fillers.
Old 2004-07-21, 00:09   Link #9
Sylvanthious

I really liked the Drum Island arc.
Old 2004-07-21, 11:47   Link #10
Bremm
Namu-Hamu Melon

Send a message via AIM to Bremm
So far I think I've liked the Arlong arc the best. Awesome story, awesome fights. ^_^

I hope Arabasta picks up soon. I was getting kind of bored waiting for them to get into some action. But now, according to you guys, there's some good fights ahead to look forward to.
Old 2004-07-21, 14:12   Link #11
dythim
dythim

Oh Imaginer, 99-102 were all "storytelling" like you said, but only 100 is actually part of the manga, the others are all made up by Toei as filler.
Old 2004-07-21, 16:24   Link #12
daimond

Location: Im at the University of Pittsburgh, hopefully not for much longer
The Arabasta arc is long but after Episode 105 or so it's incredible. Then 120 to 125 thereabouts, Luffy and Crocodile...OMG AMAZING. Well worth the wait. I kid you not when I say that the brutal ferocity of that fight surpasses even the great Arlong fight and brought a tear to my eye. My second favorite was Zoro's fight but they were all great (the Sanji fight was kind of dissapointing.) As a matter of fact, I always wanted Sanji to get stronger but that doesn't seem to be happening. Seems like Luffy and Zoro are the only ones getting better, which is dissapointing.
Old 2004-07-21, 19:32   Link #13
Zfan
STOP JOKING AROOOUND~!

Send a message via ICQ to Zfan Send a message via MSN to Zfan
I agree with daimond-san, Sanji's not getting stronger, and that's bad... crap, I like his way of doing things XD
About the arcs, after Arabasta, Skypiea is the best, then comes Arlong's. Maybe coz it was the first OP arc I've read. It was when I became a great fan of OP.
Old 2004-07-21, 20:15   Link #14
hi no ken Jebus

I miss the feel of the earlier episodes....

you got to understand dude that when these eps aired the manga was very close to the anime and after screwing up kenshin the way they did very few companies dont like to just make up shitty endings so we get mind numbing filler. After all this filler its all manga stuff and will give you that old feeling you crave.

Sanji is strong dont read specially if you not current with manga
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-21, 20:37   Link #15
Jn183

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus
you got to understand dude that when these eps aired the manga was very close to the anime and after screwing up kenshin the way they did very few companies dont like to just make up shitty endings so we get mind numbing filler. After all this filler its all manga stuff and will give you that old feeling you crave.

Sanji is strong dont read specially if you not current with manga
Spoiler:
Aye, if you guys start following the Jap release and reading the manga release weekly, then you would be begging for filler. Right now, I'm hoping that the filler arc after Skypiea would last for about 20eps or so. The anime is only about 30ch behind.

Sanji is strong but he is a cook. Can't really go in and take fight that suppose to be for the captain and the 1st mate. Beside, Sanji cooking had improve more than ever, I think. That is his dream, remember that. Zoro- strongest swordsman and Luffy-pirate king( both goals require to be wicked strong). So, only person we could really expect and see major improvement is Usopp- a wicked Gunman or a wicked sling shooter
Old 2004-07-21, 22:11   Link #16
daimond

Location: Im at the University of Pittsburgh, hopefully not for much longer
When is Usopp going to do something... They depicted a pretty cool duel his dad had with a marine sharpshooter. If Usopp could do that he'd be more than just funny. It's time to ditch or seriously upgrade the sling shot, right now it's just comic relief. And I like Usopp.
Old 2004-07-22, 09:23   Link #17
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

I know about filler...

Its just that the balance people! the balance! Oh well, I guess that is the flow of nature for you. I will look forward to 105 and up then.
Old 2004-07-22, 10:49   Link #18
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Little Garden was 'ok' ... Drum got pretty bad ... and I'm REALLY hating the Arabasta one. It's taking forever to get to anything! It took them 3 episodes of pointless the "village is drying up!*vivi cries violently*" drama just to get to their location! ...

It's going all the way to ep 129 I think.
Old 2004-07-22, 20:42   Link #19
Bremm
Namu-Hamu Melon

Send a message via AIM to Bremm

LoL I've gotta ask... Imaginer, what on earth is going on in your avatar? Cause that's funny as hell. I keep staring at it and laughing...
Old 2004-07-23, 00:50   Link #20
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremm

LoL I've gotta ask... Imaginer, what on earth is going on in your avatar? Cause that's funny as hell. I keep staring at it and laughing...
Remember the Apis arc? When they all sat down to breakfast? ^^
Closed Thread