AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 11 19.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 15.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 43.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 12.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-25, 21:52   Link #301
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
i doubt that its probably h-ist

I don't know... They've been alone for a pretty long time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
So far, along your line of thought, I only can think of a Queen of the Dead: Precia.

Though if Erio is from Project F, and Project F is = to Project FATE, for it could well have been just one part of the FATE project, I'd say we have a Crown Prince.

Fate is more like several things put together, and that's why I'm distinguishing her project from F.
Oi oi ~

We just need a 'king' in this scenario

Also, recall the second line about the dead dancing? This King is not alone.
Old 2007-06-25, 21:59   Link #302
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Oi oi ~

We just need a 'king' in this scenario

Also, recall the second line about the dead dancing? This King is not alone.
I just realized how much I digressed. I was just listing what we do have, and unless it's referring to Erio, we've no real King at the moment.
Old 2007-06-25, 22:03   Link #303
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I just realized how much I digressed. I was just listing what we do have, and unless it's referring to Erio, we've no real King at the moment.
Quite the opposite actually

Jail at this moment is the most likely suspect for that role of 'King of the Dead'.

What we don't have, is at least some hints of "wings" ...
Old 2007-06-25, 22:13   Link #304
ArcanusShadow

Quote:
So far, along your line of thought, I only can think of a Queen of the Dead: Precia.

Though if Erio is from Project F, and Project F is = to Project FATE, for it could well have been just one part of the FATE project, I'd say we have a Crown Prince.

Fate is more like several things put together, and that's why I'm distinguishing her project from F.
i do believe the doctor is trying to revive project F or continue it (if he haven't already). afterall he is trying to obtain Vivio who is artifically created with possible memories from another natural human being. though another part to think about is the fact that Vivio was called the holy king's container in Ep12 (from chinese translation once again) which might be implying that the Dr is trying to revived some dead person and place him/her in Vivio's body and would thereby making him the king of dead.
Old 2007-06-25, 22:14   Link #305
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Quite the opposite actually

Jail at this moment is the most likely suspect for that role of 'King of the Dead'.

What we don't have, is at least some hints of "wings" ...
Why to I have a feeling the translation you are looking at is a little off, with a comma misplaced......

Wings.... it could be anyone's guess atm since there is no real metion of wings at all.....
Old 2007-06-25, 22:16   Link #306
mechdra

I have some new idea......

wing = WZC
King of Death = Kira-sama
King = Gil-sama
Old 2007-06-25, 22:23   Link #307
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post

wing = WZC
King = Gil-sama
, I rather the "King" be Saber in this case . I doubt the emo boy is even going see play after getting pwned so badly by Nanoha....

with regards the Prophecy I belive we hit a road block until we arrive at an agreeble translation. With the way the stupid thing is worded one change in the word changes that entire damn thing.....
Old 2007-06-25, 22:24   Link #308
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Why to I have a feeling the translation you are looking at is a little off, with a comma misplaced......

Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post

wing = WZC
King = Gil-sama
The term 'new' is abit...
Old 2007-06-25, 22:32   Link #309
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Huh?
Just go and have a look around Flsnow... you can easily spot few different translations with only few words apart and changes the meaning of the entire thing...

Quote:
The term 'new' is abit...
Lol, we are on this Prophecy for to long, time to move on to how moe Vivio is
Old 2007-06-25, 22:35   Link #310
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I would like to warn you folks that my re-translation is definitely not fool-proof. In fact, I dare say it's rather shaky (though I did my best keeping as close to the Chinese text and tried to reference to the original Japanese version as much as my poor moonspeak can allow).

One thing I would insist, however, is that the second line is NOT talking about any King of Death. King of Death = 死之王 in Chinese , which should = 死の王 when translated to/from Japanese. However, that is not the term used in the original text, and what we have is 死せる王, which imho could be translated to either a dying king, a dead one, or perhaps one that could be killed/die (a strange way to read it, this last one, I admit).

In short, if they are talking about a King of Death here, then 死の王 should be used in the original text instead of 死せる王. Since such is not so, then the actual reading should be "Dead/Dying King".

Though once again, this comes from a very leaky re-translator , so moonspeakers, please check and confirm please. As such, I think the most reasonable course for us to follow now is to wait for further revelations. Draco raises a good point, you can mis-translated almost anything with even a misplaced vowel/comma/etc, not to mention that underlying pre-conceptions is also a major reason for many (if not most) mis-translations. The attempts to translate the Torah to English is one very good example.

Btw, I was looking through the mini Round Table conference again and notice something. I think the 3 Admirals are each in charge of one of the 3 main branches in the TSAB, or at least they led their respective branches in years yore. If uniforms are more or less standard in the entire establishment, then the long-beard Oji-san in blue should the head/founder of the Ground Forces, the Gramps in Black is the Naval Chief, and Midget baa-san is most likely the boss-lady of the Air Force (The Oji-san's uniform is similar to Regius', whom, as Thisguy has informed us, is in the Ground Troopers. Gramps-in-Black wears almost the same uniform as Chrono, and I think it's not hard to spot similarities between Midget and Nanoha's).

Signature by liro
Old 2007-06-25, 22:36   Link #311
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Just go and have a look around Flsnow... you can easily spot few different translations with only few words apart and changes the meaning of the entire thing...
Sigh, I'm in school so I can't download at the moment

You'll know it when I watched it cause I would have rated it

Quote:
Lol, we are on this Prophecy for to long, time to move on to how moe Vivio is
Sure

From there I would slowly but surely redirect the conversion to Erio and Caro baby-sittings her Then I'll-

Oh right, gotta work on fic...
Old 2007-06-25, 22:47   Link #312
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Speaking of Vivio, for my sake, what's she like? Is she the "face stuck to momma's skirt" type of super imouto shyness? This is for characterization sake. AND working out her interactions with her "foster parents" Mr and Mrs Mondial.
Old 2007-06-25, 22:53   Link #313
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Stolen from aroduc

http://blog.seiha.org/images/strikers13/strikers13%20(21).jpg

this says it all
Old 2007-06-25, 22:54   Link #314
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Speaking of Vivio, for my sake, what's she like? Is she the "face stuck to momma's skirt" type of super imouto shyness? This is for characterization sake. AND working out her interactions with her "foster parents" Mr and Mrs Mondial.
She's clingy no doubt, especially to Nanoha (just hearing Nanoha's vaoice sent Vivio running to her ) It's better if you HEAR her being moe... then you'll know why she's rated at 10000 Moegatons of pure Moe

As for Mr and Mrs. Mondial, they're more like babysitters than anything... but I still get this daddy/mommy vibe from them somehow

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-25, 22:54   Link #315
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
maybe the dead king refers to the inhabitants of al hazard.
they probably are kings cuz of their tech
Old 2007-06-25, 23:03   Link #316
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
She's clingy no doubt, especially to Nanoha (just hearing Nanoha's vaoice sent Vivio running to her ) It's better if you HEAR her being moe... then you'll know why she's rated at 10000 Moegatons of pure Moe

As for Mr and Mrs. Mondial, they're more like babysitters than anything... but I still get this daddy/mommy vibe from them somehow
They always say learning a skill (in this case, parenthood) should begin from childhood...

Apparently Tsuzuki-san (and Fate-chan) concurs!

Jokes aside, Erio and Carol are probably the best people other than Fate (and perhaps Shario) to help take care of Vivio. The age gap is very small (around 3 to 4 years), and they did grow up under the care of the best candidate-for-perfect-motherhood in RF6 .

Signature by liro
Old 2007-06-25, 23:43   Link #317
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Ah well, that settles it then... No new Harem member there

Nevertheless, I accept this as a suitable consolation price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
They always say learning a skill (in this case, parenthood) should begin from childhood...

Apparently Tsuzuki-san (and Fate-chan) concurs!
Fate has this planned out from the start! Only she didn't expect to progress this far ahead of schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Jokes aside, Erio and Carol are probably the best people other than Fate (and perhaps Shario) to help take care of Vivio. The age gap is very small (around 3 to 4 years), and they did grow up under the care of the best candidate-for-perfect-motherhood in RF6 .
And not to mention they look the best doing it...
Old 2007-06-25, 23:49   Link #318
Nemesis

Judging from what i heard, do you think Erio would do some lone wolfing investigations of his own later in the series?
Old 2007-06-25, 23:56   Link #319
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Judging from what i heard, do you think Erio would do some lone wolfing investigations of his own later in the series?
Nah, he doesn't seem like that type.

I can see Teana pulling something like that, but not Erio...
Old 2007-06-26, 00:45   Link #320
Seiryuu

Quote:
@Seiryuu

NO no~

It's canon information that Alica HAS NONE of her mother's magic talent. It's From the Novel. Fate was that one the has her mother's potential through the luck of the genetic draw.

I repeat. ALICA. IS. POWERLESS.

Everybody who knows her knows she's powerless. Nobody knows what goes on in AL Hazard or even if she'll make it. NO reason to bring back someone they believe is powerless and can't help them!
Okay, did you just say that a clone somehow was lucky enough to inherit traits that the original didn't? I'd like to know how that works. Anyway, I wasn't that serious about the idea anyway. I was just speculating. The answer shouldn't be that far off, so I don't take this stuff too seriously.
Now if I wanted to seriously pursue this I could. For instance, the magical revival of a human body must require some spectacular techniques, which is why it's quite common in sci-fi/fantasy for a resurrected person to come back with unusual powers. No matter how powerless you are, if you've gone to the land of the dead and come back you're going to be a little different.
Or, perhaps the project is perfected.
Project F doesn't seem to be about making clones. As I understood it, it was about making powerful subordinates that lacked the draining effects of familiars by creating clones that have somehow had latent potential forced to a higher level. Along with the benefit of maximizing genetic potential without endangering the original person, memories can, in many cases, be used to manipulate these soldiers. Project F does NOT create nonliving beings. Fate is alive, as I'm sure Nanoha can confirm.
In this context, Alicia does seem to be a very valuable subject. Her latent potential is inherited from an incredibly powerful and brilliant sorceress, and the memories carried over could be easily used to convince the kid that the 6th had murdered her mother. If you finally found a way to maximize the power in such a child, and you wanted to get rid of the interference, then what better way than using a sort of super-Fate whose desire to please mother has been twisted into a psychotic need to avenge her?
Closed Thread