AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-11-30, 17:23   Link #2861
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Of the two people who downloaded my program, have either of you been able to get it to work?
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 17:51   Link #2862
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Just a question, sorry if it's already been asked before.

Does the episode 5 disc have a patchable version of 1-4, or would I have to buy the episode 4 disc instead?
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 17:53   Link #2863
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post
Just a question, sorry if it's already been asked before.

Does the episode 5 disc have a patchable version of 1-4, or would I have to buy the episode 4 disc instead?
Ep. 5 only has Ep. 5. Episode 4 has 1-4.
Old 2009-11-30, 17:57   Link #2864
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Thanks, that's all I needed to know.

Sucks that I'll have to split my order between stores, but eh. :/
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 18:07   Link #2865
Orophin

@Dark Lord Zenigame

Just to let you know. Episode 6 will be released on December 30 and it will also include Episode 5.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 21:07   Link #2866
Hirun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
@Hirun: The only individual arcs are episodes 1 and 5. Episode 4 is only available with episodes 1-3.
oh. doy. Mkay, then I'm going to assume there haven't been many successful uses yet. >W>;

Also, I ran your tool. A command box pops up and "runs", but no names change for me.

Uh, also, does your file rename the WAVs as well? because those also need renamed.
Hirun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 22:00   Link #2867
rogerpepitone

What directory did you place it in? What other files are in that directory?

It actually copies files, not renames them; if it ran successfully, there should be a bunch of files with numbers for names in your BGM directory. And it should copy the .wav files as well.
Old 2009-12-01, 04:52   Link #2868
ZettaiRyouiki

@rogerpepitone : With your program, renamed files, your nscript.dat and one single arc.nsa (Done with another program), it crash in the EP1 login or when I unlock an Episode

Ah, and there is no music in the start menu, only the noise when you start or quit the game.

My PSP folder :

http://www.noelshack.com/up/aac/umin...-9878bf102.png

There is all what I need, right ?

Last edited by ZettaiRyouiki; 2009-12-01 at 05:52.
ZettaiRyouiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 07:58   Link #2869
rogerpepitone

The nscript.dat I gave won't work with the demo; I used the episode 1-4 nscript.dat.
Old 2009-12-01, 09:46   Link #2870
ZettaiRyouiki

That's I wanted to say

I talked about the EP1 with the EP1-EP4 data.
ZettaiRyouiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 15:52   Link #2871
Racheya-sama
Witch of Ambition

Send a message via MSN to Racheya-sama
If I were to buy Ep 6 when it comes out (which includes Ep 5 afaik), would it be safe to assume that the Witch Hunt English patch for Ep 5 when it comes out will work with that?
Racheya-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 15:59   Link #2872
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheya-sama View Post
If I were to buy Ep 6 when it comes out (which includes Ep 5 afaik), would it be safe to assume that the Witch Hunt English patch for Ep 5 when it comes out will work with that?
It might take a bit of time after EP6 comes out, but if history holds then definitely yes. (well, the EP5-specific patch won't work but there will be a version for EP6)

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 16:25   Link #2873
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheya-sama View Post
When EP6 comes out, we will make an EP6 compatible version of our EP5 patch as soon as possible, so if you haven't bought EP5 yet, wait and get EP6 instead.

Also, we haven't decided yet, but we may wait until shortly after the release of EP6 to release our EP5 patch. There are several lines in the original which may have had some errors, and those fixes are usually made in the release of the next game. By holding off on our release by just about a week, we could fix all of those in our EP5 patch. Also, there are some lines in EP5 that are very ambiguous and can probably be translated in a much clearer way given the info from EP6. Unless you're planning on reading EP5 twice when the patch comes out, it'll probably be worth the wait But it could go either way at the moment.

Either way, we expect to be finished with the patch sometime around the end of the year.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 17:22   Link #2874
Geekodot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
When EP6 comes out, we will make an EP6 compatible version of our EP5 patch as soon as possible, so if you haven't bought EP5 yet, wait and get EP6 instead.

Also, we haven't decided yet, but we may wait until shortly after the release of EP6 to release our EP5 patch. There are several lines in the original which may have had some errors, and those fixes are usually made in the release of the next game. By holding off on our release by just about a week, we could fix all of those in our EP5 patch. Also, there are some lines in EP5 that are very ambiguous and can probably be translated in a much clearer way given the info from EP6. Unless you're planning on reading EP5 twice when the patch comes out, it'll probably be worth the wait But it could go either way at the moment.

Either way, we expect to be finished with the patch sometime around the end of the year.
I started crying when I read this

Well, if you think it is necessary then by all means wait until after the release of ep 6... i'll be here cutting my wrists in the meantime xD
Geekodot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 17:52   Link #2875
headcat

My only problem is I was really hoping it would be out a little before Ep 6, so that I would have a little time to check out recent Umineko fanart without worrying about spoilers before having to stay away from it again due to Ep 6 being released and the danger of spoiler fanart beginning anew.

But that's a relatively minor issue compared to even having the translation at all so... whatever you guys do works for me!

edit: I guess I could always check danbooru for pictures uploaded before the Ep6 release date. I hadn't thought of that!

Last edited by headcat; 2009-12-01 at 18:14.
headcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 18:15   Link #2876
Racheya-sama
Witch of Ambition

Send a message via MSN to Racheya-sama
Quote:

I think I probably will wait then. I suppose it's best to wait until a week after or so, it probably would save a fair bit of time and I'm not totally desperate for it. Well I am, but my purse says otherwise since it's going to be relatively empty until after Christmas
Racheya-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 18:20   Link #2877
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Aw man! I shouldn't have even bought Ep. 5 then Oh well, having the complete set looks better anyway I guess :/
Old 2009-12-01, 18:29   Link #2878
tcaz2

Honestly I have to say I would much, much rather just read it twice.

Having a bit of time where you don't have to dodge spoilers and can discuss stuff freely while looking up fan works like youtube videos and things is worth much more than just reading it twice, to me.

Even if that's just a week or a few days, I think it would be much better than having to wait ANOTHER 4-5 months for an Episode 6 translation before you can go about without any spoilers.
tcaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 18:35   Link #2879
Kakurine

Quote:

Please don't. That is really a lame excuse. It's like saying the japanese shouldn't of read episode 5 untill 6 was out so they would understand it better. Waiting for the translation is fine but waiting for epi 6 to referance is a bad idea.
Kakurine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 18:40   Link #2880
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
Honestly I have to say I would much, much rather just read it twice.

Having a bit of time where you don't have to dodge spoilers and can discuss stuff freely while looking up fan works like youtube videos and things is worth much more than just reading it twice, to me.

Even if that's just a week or a few days, I think it would be much better than having to wait ANOTHER 4-5 months for an Episode 6 translation before you can go about without any spoilers.
Well, even if we do release before EP6, we're talking less than a week before EP6, since most members of the team have finals. At best, you'd have a single spoiler-free week...and that week has Christmas in it.

But as I said, the decision isn't final yet. If there's a big enough fan response, we might follow that, but I imagine most fans willing to respond will also be the ones willing to read it twice

Quote:
Please don't. That is really a lame excuse. It's like saying the japanese shouldn't of read episode 5 untill 6 was out so they would understand it better. Waiting for the translation is fine but waiting for epi 6 to referance is a bad idea.
One of the problems with translating is that it's impossible to say the exact same thing in two languages, especially ones as different as English and Japanese. You have to cut out some information and add in new information for almost every line. For certain lines in EP5 (many of them, in fact), there are at least 2 equally valid but still imperfect ways to translate them. If we choose the wrong one, it might give a wrong impression or actually contradict the facts. In a game as tightly knit as Umineko, this can cause massive problems.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation