AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Manga - Daihasei Festival Arc Rating
Perfect 10 9 19.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 34.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 17.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 12.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-24, 05:12   Link #21
LG-MAX

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I would really like to have seen the Mikoto level 5.5 take a Falcon Punch, I feel disgusted by my own naivete.

Quote:
Really wonder what story Railgun will move onto after Daihaisei arc.

Maybe it takes place while Touma is away on his trip with Index?

We need another story where Touma isn't involved as we had Touma saving the day for 2 arcs straight =w=;; Not that I hate it but Mikoto is the main protagonist here!!! LOL
That would be nice, I wish this feeling that an enemy who is not a scientist who wants revenge is too much to Mikoto was deleted.
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 05:31   Link #22
zaeraal

Spoiler for @LevelSeven:

Anyway, 2chan posted some spoilers regarding the chapter.
They didn't posted any photos, so I don't trust them, but who knows.

The chapter is supposed to be named "Dolly" and has 28 pages.
It's supposed to be about Misaki and Mitori. (Therefore no Mikoto, Touma nor Gunha)

It should be about their past, how Mitori met Dolly, how she figured out they were experimenting on her and tried to stop them, but failed.
Later it describes her meeting with Gensei and Misaki's involvement and how was Dolly related to the Sister project.

EDIT: The spoilers might be true, we already got first spoiler images.
So here are the jap. spoilers in case anyone wants to translate
Spoiler for jap spoilers:

Last edited by zaeraal; 2014-04-24 at 06:38.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 08:42   Link #23
Miraluka
Banned

Looks like the next issue will close this arc.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 10:26   Link #24
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

spoilers are tld:
Spoiler:
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 12:27   Link #25
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
spoilers are tld:
I wonder why that last part if true makes me rofl so hard.

Anyway, so we might have to wait one more chapter? That's a surprise... So if that's true there is still a chance next chapter is the final chapter of railgun which they. Other announce on the 10th... At this point I guess it is unlikely because of all the new characters, but whatever. It depends on kamachi.

Also, @zaarael mitori was never part of member as far as I remember. She was just a client that was faking working together with them in order to get them to do gensei's dirty work. I don't think she was ever actually part of member I think they thought she was just related to aleister's orders or something.

If she was technically counted as part of member it would be nice to see what happens to her next chapter. Furthermore, I'm not really sure if I want to see gensei "lose" next chapter or continue to be the villain for another arc. If he continues to be a villain then the story won't end, which is nice. If he does though, then aleister seems to really let him have a little too much free reign if you ask me... For some reason, I can't see aleister forgiving gensei at all for his actions.

Anyway, it would be most interesting if next chapter, kamachi does what he always does. I.e. If he reveals who was really behind everything and who was manipulating gensei to carry out his plan (if he doesn't continue to be a villain) since this always happens (in this city) (if you let me steal a line from the anime ).

I wonder though if maybe at some point kamachi will stop the railgun manga and temporarily replace it with a mental out manga and then switch back or something and so a time skip...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 13:46   Link #26
GDB

If this chapter does not close out the arc, then the chapter after it will not be the end of the manga. The current volumes contain 8-9 chapters each (older ones had 6-7), and there's currently 8 chapters not compiled. Once this chapter releases, that will be 9 chapters. If there's more after that, then they'd either have to make a larger than usual volume (possible, but not likely), or continue the story.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 13:50   Link #27
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If this chapter does not close out the arc, then the chapter after it will not be the end of the manga. The current volumes contain 8-9 chapters each (older ones had 6-7), and there's currently 8 chapters not compiled. Once this chapter releases, that will be 9 chapters. If there's more after that, then they'd either have to make a larger than usual volume (possible, but not likely), or continue the story.
Weren't the chapters shorter than usual though?
Old 2014-04-24, 14:38   Link #28
GDB

Not sure. I skipped the stuff that's already been animated, but in order to get 10-11 chapters in a volume you'd basically have to be weekly sized (15-17 pages at most per chapter).
Old 2014-04-24, 14:57   Link #29
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Don't they usually announce when a manga is ending anyway? kinda like : Ends next volume!
Old 2014-04-24, 15:57   Link #30
Miraluka
Banned

Do they need to do that for a spin off series?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 16:19   Link #31
GDB

The writer, no, but the publisher, almost always. It's a way to build hype and cause extra sell-through.
Old 2014-04-24, 20:37   Link #32
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Looking at the spoilers: it could be possible that this other clone could be Full-Tuning rather than Dolly.
Old 2014-04-25, 01:19   Link #33
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The writer, no, but the publisher, almost always. It's a way to build hype and cause extra sell-through.
Well that's why I'm hoping it won't end then. But I personally don't see how people are going to accept or like it if they switch to WWIII stuff and her friends aren't there...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 01:57   Link #34
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Well that's why I'm hoping it won't end then. But I personally don't see how people are going to accept or like it if they switch to WWIII stuff and her friends aren't there...
I don't think you should worry about that. During the Sister's arc, the manga sold just as strongly as it is now, and they did not feature much. And with vol 8 & 9 it continues.
Old 2014-04-25, 08:37   Link #35
Birdway
Banned

So far the manga skipped most of the stories that had Mikoto on Index series.

Vol.5 was important for her fans lol. SKIPPED.
Vol.6 shows her stalkerish behaviour. SKIPPED.
Vol.8 Bye-bye Kuroko. SKIPPED
Vol.9/10. The first day has been skipped therefore no bet, thus no punishment game. AKA buy the novels SKIPPED.
What does that means? No Vol.12-13 likely candidate to be SKIPPED.

Soooooo. What is left? Vol.11 but I think the time after Vol.13 is going to get the focus, and if there is a war for those who are not involved with the dark side like Mikoto.

We're going to get a big jump in the series chronology.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 09:20   Link #36
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
This topic is best continued in this thread.
Old 2014-04-25, 09:23   Link #37
LG-MAX

I do not doubt that in the end touma appear again and "help" Mikoto to solve her problems on next arc, it may well be so.

Mikoto into some trouble:

Mikoto: What are you doing here?
Touma: When I arrived at the airport I feel that you were in trouble and came "to join forces with you".

"Mikoto starts crying and blushing"

after demon Mikoto and Dragon, almost anything can happen in Railgun.
Old 2014-04-25, 09:25   Link #38
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

^It was a lot better executed than that...
Old 2014-04-25, 09:42   Link #39
LG-MAX

is just the general idea without clinging to details, like saying One Piece is a story of a boy who wants to be king of the pirates, or Accelerator is a guy with a sad past who just wants a little love, or that Mikoto is just a stalker, or that Touma is just suicidal, or that Aleister is just a guy who does not recover after a fall, or that Misaki is just a cow, etc., etc., etc..
Old 2014-04-25, 09:46   Link #40
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

^I know, I was kind of kidding.

EDIT: I do think it was done quite well though. And enjoy Touma's interventions rather than hate it. He makes it better for me and I like that Mikoto can't handle it all- makes a better protagonist.