AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 21 23.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 26.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 31.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 11.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-19, 22:15   Link #41
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Jiiya and Fumina are sure good sleeper cell elements.
Yeah, you got that right. I'd be surprised if Hecate suddenly acts like the blind musician Sara from Samurai Champloo in regards to dealing with Yuji and Shana.
Old 2008-01-20, 07:08   Link #42
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep15 preview:
Spoiler for Thoughts On Episode 15 Preview:
Old 2008-01-21, 15:30   Link #43
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Spoiler for ep15 preview:
Haha, I called it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Or maybe Silver got sucked into the Raging Mango? That would be... anticlimactic. Or maybe Silver is like a Transformer, and is the Raging Mango's true identity! Yuji having a robot transformation would be pretty... interesting...
Old 2008-01-21, 15:58   Link #44
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Or maybe Silver got sucked into the Raging Mango? That would be... anticlimactic. Or maybe Silver is like a Transformer, and is the Raging Mango's true identity! Yuji having a robot transformation would be pretty... interesting...
not really true.
Old 2008-01-21, 16:13   Link #45
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
not really true.
Oh you. Don't ruin my fun.
Old 2008-01-21, 17:05   Link #46
taelrak

Eh 2nd half of the episode was nice, showing Pheles's past and of course the ending was fairly well done (I was waiting for that expression of utter stupidity and disbelief on Shana and Yoshida's faces for the entire episode ).

Most of the first half was just another waste though - the whole "naive/stupid girl(Yoshida)/guy(Sakai) who wants to hang onto some human remnants of self-identity and somehow create world peace through love" cliche has been already been overdone in this entire series more than 20 times - not really sure why they made us watch through yet another one of them (esp. since we just had to put up with it when Wilhelmina did the the exact same thing to Margery).

Not even going to talk about the other wasted screentime where Shana and Yoshida starts telling each other they're not going to lose...yet again...maybe they just have really bad memories and couldn't recall the other 50 times they said that before?

Spoiler for who am i kidding:

On another note, I hope they skip over the rest of Pheles's background as well. The guy's dead - if they want to cover that entire volume, they can always animate a side story or OVA for it. Move along anime, move along!
Old 2008-01-21, 17:36   Link #47
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
On another note, I hope they skip over the rest of Pheles's background as well. The guy's dead - if they want to cover that entire volume, they can always animate a side story or OVA for it. Move along anime, move along!
johan is not dead, he is alive and was sealed inside reiji maigo
Old 2008-01-21, 18:18   Link #48
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Ok I liked this episode a lot especially at the end, where Pheles shows her true side and how she tricked them all. Great epsiode and finally Bal Masqué are on the move . Also I am going to make a crazy guess, so what would be a chance that Johan is Silver? Yes, it's quite stupid and crazy but who knows (beside the people who reads the novel)
Also only 18people voted?
Old 2008-01-21, 18:25   Link #49
edgewalker00
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

good thing cnnydz is here since he knows SnS well,

i have a few questions as well as theories on wth happened on this ep.
Spoiler:

Last edited by edgewalker00; 2008-01-21 at 18:41.
Old 2008-01-21, 18:30   Link #50
Kristen
*Author

This episode was strange. Even though it wasn't intensive or anything like the S1 episodes, I still enjoyed it. Maybe it was because Kazumi came closer to winning!

I'm giving this a 7. Next week, from the preview, looks to be amazing. I'm just a little nervous that too much is slated for one episode, since it'll be Pheles and Kanoe arcs. But I'm glad they're finally ending the stupid Kanoe stuff.

Now, for the big thing. I am hoping with desperation that they change the OP either next week or the week after. Because I think Pheles's arc may end next week. If they don't change it, then that means there will not be a single other enemy that hasn't appeared yet this season. And I honestly do not want to go through something like episodes 3-7 again.

Anyways, here's to any and all Kazumi-ists out there!

They also had a plot hole. Yuji has many times more Power of Existance than he did in S1, and really did not use anywhere close to all of it in creating the Fuzetsu. Why does he need to wait to midnight to give it away?
Old 2008-01-21, 18:40   Link #51
edgewalker00
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
They also had a plot hole. Yuji has many times more Power of Existance than he did in S1, and really did not use anywhere close to all of it in creating the Fuzetsu. Why does he need to wait to midnight to give it away?
well nobody knows what might happen in a day. i think that the reason they use it only on midnight is because they're too cautious. if yuuji used all his PoE hourse before midnight and a strong enemy comes, yuuji would be left with little to no PoE to handle the repairs.

at least at midnight, it is sure that we doesnt have to hold the battle long before recharging his PoE...

that's my opinion though
Old 2008-01-21, 18:42   Link #52
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post

I think they were waiting till midnight to check the reaction of Reiji Maigo when it charges again.
Old 2008-01-21, 19:18   Link #53
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Okay, speaking of Sterling01's spoiler, anybody worried that J.C. Staff might be rushing this one like they did with Zero no Tsukaima II? It just seems that somehow, the pace seems much too quick.
Old 2008-01-21, 19:21   Link #54
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Okay, speaking of Sterling01's spoiler, anybody worried that J.C. Staff might be rushing this one like they did with Zero no Tsukaima II? It just seems that somehow, the pace seems much too quick.
Well they only spent 12 episodes on completely irrelevant and pointless material, so I guess they're running out of episodes now? Granted the novels had a lot of pointless material too, but still..

They'll probably have to come up with some original ending anyway, unless they want to wait another year or so for season 3...(assuming they wait for the novels to come out with new material, as opposed to just making stuff up).
Old 2008-01-21, 20:01   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

We should keep novel spoilers in the novel thread.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-01-21, 20:41   Link #56
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

This image practically screams "JUST AS PLANNED!"

And I knew all along that Fumina and her "butler" were fakes.
Old 2008-01-21, 21:03   Link #57
taelrak

Pheles is awesome (compared to the rest of the cast so far that is)...

She manages to sum up the entirety of everyone in one sentence upon her arrival:

Wilhelmina: an old friend (which is of course her role to everyone else in every single situation in the past and now)

Margery: a spellcaster who doesn't care to see anything other than her objective

Shana: a hunter who indulges in her friendship

Yoshida: a single-minded, foolish girl

If the writers could have such awesome brevity, why didn't the apply it for an entire season+12 episodes?

Too bad her vision is so narrow...she'd be awesome if she had more perspective.
Old 2008-01-21, 21:04   Link #58
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This episode was more or less average as the pace of events was quite fast, but the episode pace itself wasn't exactly balanced (the start was really draggy, to say the least).
I wonder if they are doing another budget episode. It isn't as silly as the infamous "wow teacher" erratic character design, but the traits were overly simple and disproportionate, with very dull colors and such.

Wilhelmina's lack of cautiousness was a bit strange: she knew that pheles had such avatar spell, but she didn't expect that until it shows up... Well, obviously it might be not obvious to expect that, but seriously, some doubt would be preferable.
Now, the real cringe session was the complete lack of reaction from the crew when the avatar exploded, and pheles enters in the stage...
I mean, why are they waiting like... 45 seconds (20:51 => 21:36) like bunch of sitting ducks (especially that yuuji was encased in that wind spell as soon as pheles arrived)? They didn't even try to do anything when Pheles went happily extracting on Yuuji?
I would expect Shana as hotblooded/hast to jump on the gun, but no, nothing...

The last scene was quite nice to deal a shocker and reversed situation, but seriously, the whole episode wasn't exactly flowing well.

Now, for a different matter, I will quote Serenade beta:
Quote:
We should keep novel spoilers in the novel thread.
Except one slight correction: we must keep novel spoilers in the novel thread.
As stated in the weekly episode thread guidelines, future events spoilers are prohibited on such type of thread, even in spoiler tags. Please keep them in the spoiler thread and the novel thread. Any other spoiler of this kind in an episode thread will be deleted.
Old 2008-01-21, 21:05   Link #59
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Oh wow. Can't say I saw that coming. I mean, the Pheles thing was in the realm of expectations, but after that, wow.

I was dissapointed on how Pheles had seemed to give up so easily on 13, then she more than made up for it on this episode.

Never forget
Old 2008-01-21, 21:12   Link #60
Southern Cross
Crux

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
This image practically screams "JUST AS PLANNED!"
Hah, yeah, I caught the same impression when she made that smile.

Man, quite a few interesting images over this episode. There was one at the end that screamed "OWNED!"

I mean that expression in her face is priceless, especially considering that "just as planned" smile she gave out earlier. I'm sure she didn't see that coming.

This episode built up quite nicely - a little slow at the start, but the ending picked up quite a lot. I'll give it a fair 8, and I expect the next one to top it big time!
Closed Thread