AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-07, 13:26   Link #41
FatalMemory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus ex Digital Boy View Post
If you want to see what real characters are like, go watch Eureka Seven
Damn straight.
Old 2008-02-15, 18:47   Link #42
MysticRose

Have anyone mentioned Simoun ?

I have watched a lot of series, but so far, in my personal case, it's the most traumatic one. Gave me 3 months straight of nightmare whenever i thought of it before sleeping
Old 2008-02-16, 09:37   Link #43
Smithsky

Bokurano

It's sad, depressing and painful anime, honestly... It was the only anime I kept thinking about for a long time.
Old 2008-02-16, 20:38   Link #44
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Wolf's Rain has got some pretty heavy emotional content despite its ultimately optimistic ending. Not recommended to watch all 30 episodes in one go.
Old 2008-02-16, 23:33   Link #45
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

I thought Fushigi Yuugi was pretty emotional. There's one part especially that got to me, and actually made me cry. I'm not going to say what it is but, if you've seen it, you can probably guess what I'm talking about. I recommend it either way, it's real good.
Old 2008-02-17, 00:32   Link #46
Blue flame
anime bores me lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Just because someone wasn't as affected by a series as you did doesn't mean they "didn"t understand" it.
actually i think theres thing about elfin lied that they said to re watch it liek 5 times that thres somthing u have to get and also to pay close attention to the intro .....however i got better things to do so idk what it is
Old 2008-02-17, 23:51   Link #47
S Class hunter Amon

what the fuck? chrno crusade is not sad at all, it is hilarious especially the ending, Welcome to the NHK is good
Old 2008-02-18, 00:37   Link #48
F1R3570RM

I don't think I have seen Gungrave mentioned. I do believe that any one has watch this would agree to a point that it is sad. I don't want to spoil it for any body. So I will not give more details. Some may say that it isn't, and i would say pay attention as you watch it again.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:44   Link #49
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Class hunter Amon View Post
what the ****? chrno crusade is not sad at all, it is hilarious especially the ending
Ok, there goes any credibility you had. Deceiving people who are looking for advice is mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1R3570RM
I don't think I have seen Gungrave mentioned. I do believe that any one has watch this would agree to a point that it is sad.
It was certainly sad in that it made me unhappy I had wasted my time watching some of it.
Old 2008-02-18, 01:50   Link #50
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Class hunter Amon View Post
what the fuck? chrno crusade is not sad at all, it is hilarious especially the ending
Er, what. Sarcasm isn't great, especially on a suggestion thread, where people don't get your sarcasm because...well they haven't watched it yet.
Old 2008-02-19, 12:23   Link #51
Squiggles

I really thought that Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien was sad almost all the way through and at the ending depending on which girl you get attached to.

Also i would consider Saikano as sad and depresing anime with a few false moments of happyness.

Good Luck finding what ya want.
Old 2008-02-21, 04:58   Link #52
Hijiroku
Heil Mein Fuhrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
ELFEN LIED!!!! After watching this... Grave of the Fireflies will seem like a walk in the park.
I agree Elfen Lied was saddest anime I have watched so far almost made me cry.Here is a sad movie you can watch its called ladder 49 sad movie.(EDIT)Eureka seven was a sad anime i do not recomend watching over like a 2 day period like i did.(EDIT)Forgot to mention Death Note sad at the end.

Last edited by Hijiroku; 2008-02-21 at 05:09.
Old 2008-02-21, 11:58   Link #53
Shirozakii

Quote:
*calling bullshit on that remark* Elfen Lied was sad in a way, but just too showy to be really moving like Grave of the Fireflies.

I'd suggest Gunslinger Girl. It's pretty cruel and sorrowful in many ways. Skip out on season 2 though.
I call bullshit on your remark. While Grave of Fireflies is also sad, this is jsut as depressing.

Quote:
I agree Elfen Lied was saddest anime I have watched so far almost made me cry.Here is a sad movie you can watch its called ladder 49 sad movie.(EDIT)Eureka seven was a sad anime i do not recomend watching over like a 2 day period like i did.(EDIT)Forgot to mention Death Note sad at the end.
Eureka 7 isn't sad. They're alive and together somewhere, they're going back. (If it makes u feel better ]
Old 2008-02-21, 13:13   Link #54
gh0stmice
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirozakii View Post

Eureka 7 isn't sad. They're alive and together somewhere, they're going back. (If it makes u feel better ]

damn dood....spoiler...i was gonna marathon that this week. now i gotta wait till i forget about the "spoiled" end that you just casually posted
Old 2008-02-21, 14:54   Link #55
esparker
Honor Through Insanity!

Send a message via AIM to esparker
I would have to say that elfen lied would be the best anime that fits your description... tends to be very depressing at times... sorta brutal at times though.
Old 2008-03-12, 21:51   Link #56
jorelly

sadness

ahhhh man if you wanna see sad watch 'School Days'.... its the king of all roller coaster type emotional series. At the end i end up depressed and cried for a little while....lolz. also a funny but yet sad loli show "kondomo no jikan" episode 5 when rins mom had a problem and resulted in a unhappy ending ahhh man i cried alot! very very painful animes i've watched if ur into painful watch those 2...

from worst 2 ok:
1.School Days
2. AIR
3. kondomo jikan (only ep5 is sad)
4.elfen lied
5. ef a tale of memories
6.GotF
Old 2008-03-12, 22:09   Link #57
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirozakii View Post
I call bullshit on your remark. While Grave of Fireflies is also sad, this is jsut as depressing.

lol, this thread is a zombie but I just noticed how this guy totally quoted someone else and my name got on it XD
Old 2008-03-12, 22:11   Link #58
Vagrant0

NHK ni Youkoso - While not heart wrenching, is a fairly depressing anime, probably more so the closer it hits to home.

Bleh, necro'd thread... Well maybe with the recent string of suggestion requests lately it might prove useful to some.
Old 2008-03-12, 22:31   Link #59
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
lol, this thread is a zombie but I just noticed how this guy totally quoted someone else and my name got on it XD
Ah, right. This thread brings back old memories, don't you think? I feel honored to have argued with not just one but *two* moderators!
Old 2008-06-07, 03:50   Link #60
Strix

Send a message via AIM to Strix Send a message via Yahoo to Strix
I watch Air. It's very sad towards the end. I think Gantz is a very sad anime, and good anime. Overall the best I've seen
Closed Thread

Tags
sad, tragedy