AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2008-02-19, 20:03   Link #1181
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
I was thinking.. instead of cracking their heads over not having enough material for a second season; Why not ask yagi for permission to make a prequel series about the men's era? while in the meantime there will be enough manga done to cover the rest..
What amazes me about solutions like this is the way some people assume that good writing can just happen all on its own. You completely miss the difficulty of finding someone to write this prequel who is as good a storyteller as Yagi and equally comfortable with Yagi's world. This is certainly possible, but based on how much bad anime I see, it certainly isn't easy or likely.

Did you think that the people who wrote the last few episodes of Claymore were just as good as Yagi? No? Then don't expect the prequel to be better written than episodes 24-26.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 20:15   Link #1182
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Really.... Gee, and all this time I thought it was only because they were too quick to sum it all up cuz the show had a deadline and yagi was having trouble with the publications.

I'm sure MadHouse can find good writers.. If they were convinced that it was worth investing as much as in their own originlal projects.
Mikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 21:33   Link #1183
Ellaya_dw

Send a message via ICQ to Ellaya_dw
Don't know where to post it. Found this game. It's RPG as I can see. Screens included.
Ellaya_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 21:37   Link #1184
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Wow! That RPG looks well made... But it's in japanese .
Old 2008-03-01, 00:05   Link #1185
FateAnomaly

Actually, its in chinese. Guess i will download and see when i get home.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 04:57   Link #1186
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

A grouse I have with the anime is the BGM they use sometimes. It can be so inappropriate that I want to wring some necks.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 05:41   Link #1187
nine_tailed_kyuubi

still no one told me why they stopped the anime and did a different plot from the manga ?
nine_tailed_kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 05:56   Link #1188
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

You probably meant to post in the Questions and Answer thread. NSW will most likely delete this but hey, I'll give you my opinion before that. Part of the answer I think is that the manga is not over and also how much story they had to draw from. They can't release the anime like they do with Naruto or Bleach because of how much slower the manga for claymore comes out. Claymore started in 2001, about a year after Naruto and about the same time as Bleach. Claymore is on chapter 78 where those two are on 300+. Sure Claymore has longer chapters but still you will notice a difference at the book store when you see how much material each has.

But the real answer is it was someones choice somewhere along the line and it was just what they ended up doing. Personally I think ending along with the story and having the ghosts at the end would have been perfect (right after the introduction of Clarice) but that is just my opinion. I did not pay yagi to turn his manga for anime so I do not get much say in the matter. I am hoping for something to atone for that ending sometime in the future when the series is closer to being complete but it will be a while. Then again I am hoping that for the matrix sequels as well...

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-03-02 at 06:08.
chibamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 06:11   Link #1189
Zsych

I think that since its a nearly universal opinion that the ending sucked, realizing that couldn't be hard for the company's people either, so we have to bet on them choosing to close the story suddenly in the last few eps.

Of course, fillers tend to suck quite often, but I'm not exactly sure why that is. Full Metal Alchemist is a total manga deviation and fine for it. The Bleach fillers weren't too bad. Naruto 1-2 ep filler story-arcs sucked, and I think that there is a large part of the problem really, trying to write short stories. You just can't do much in them.

Personally, I'd prefer that Yagi stop drawing the manga, and just write/direct a continued Claymore anime. Better drawing, better music, and better turn out rate :P
Zsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 17:42   Link #1190
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
The anime was probably ended early because it was catching up to the manga to quickly.
hell88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 17:51   Link #1191
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

They still had a perfectly good cut-off point in the manga, that didn't involve butchering consistency and storyline by the end of the anime
Old 2008-03-03, 23:24   Link #1192
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I hate having to delete posts for having lots of unmarked spoilers. I'll summarize those two posts as people complaining about important things being changed from the manga.

Since some of the things that they were pointing out haven't yet happened in Viz's officially translated version of the manga, anybody who legally reads the manga in English would have been spoiled in addition to folks who only watched the anime.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-03-03, 23:42   Link #1193
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I have a problem with using the viz translation as a standard for this thread, which as far as I can tell does not set any rules of what can and cannot be discussed, because anyone who is going off what is offered in english has not seen the animated series at all because it is fansubbed and just barely got licensed. Since the anime is not released why should the manga that is released be used to decide what is and is not acceptable for discussion about the anime? I would be happy to edit my post if they bother people or break any rules though. I had no intention of offending anyone.
Old 2008-03-03, 23:47   Link #1194
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Viz is not the standard for this thread. The anime is the standard for this thread. I was simply asking you to be considerate of those who do not read scanlations as well as of those who have not read any anime at all.

Old 2008-03-04, 00:05   Link #1195
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

So here is what I was hoping for the ending...

Spoiler for Stuff from the manga that would have made the anime's ending awesome:

I can't think of anything they gained out changing the ending the way they did. I guess they were trying to resolve the Priscilla Clare agenda as well as reunite Clare with Raki, but I feel that on both marks it was a failure. For "resolving" Clare's issue with Priscilla Raki's speech runs directly against the entire mood and flow of claymore. Why can't we all just get along? Because that is not how the claymore world is. It is dark, it is dangerous, and just because everyone has suffered doesn't mean it will end any time soon. Can you imagine if Berserk ended with Guts spouting a simmilar speech to Griffith and everyone being just peachy after? Claymore's ending felt kind of like that to me.
Old 2008-03-20, 17:46   Link #1196
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post

Can you imagine if Berserk ended with Guts spouting a simmilar speech to Griffith and everyone being just peachy after? Claymore's ending felt kind of like that to me.
Berserk is a bad example I think. The reason why they would never pull any such melodramatic stuff in berserk is simply because it has more adult content, and is more serious. the manga is considered shounen but has sex scenes and gore all over.

With claymore, it's possible to make it fit into the avarage shounen show just by omitting a few scenes from the manga don't belong and wrap it up.

Last edited by Mikke; 2008-03-20 at 18:03.
Mikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 07:48   Link #1197
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I don't get how the Raki tv character can protect Priscilla or even stay with her when he finds out what she is. Youma killed his whole family, how could he have any feelings for such monsters. It doesn't fit the character.

I think they should have ended the season with the Riful story arc. Keep the War of the North for a possible second season.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 10:12   Link #1198
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Mabye Raki was desperate to hang on to Priscilla at the time. He was probably thinking mabye if I get another troubled woman its a bonus. XD

It probably would have been better for the war in the north to be the beginning of a second season, that way it would let the manga get farther down the road and the anime probably wouldn't have changed from the manga at the end.
hell88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 05:19   Link #1199
kleist

It has been two years since Claymore was put into anime. Now the author of Claymore is considering wether to make the second season of Claymore onto screen.

As we konw, the ending of Claymore Anime is different with manga, but the author promised that he could adapt the storyline so that the storyline of "Claymore Second Season" will be the same with the manga's.

The only thing he wants to know is wether people want to see it. So he made a vote for Claymore Season 2 on the website http://www.shomei.tv/project-752.html

If the voting is over 10,000 by March 31,2010, it means many people want to see Claymore anime, and he will probably put Claymore onto screen again. Otherwise not.

I am a Claymore fan and I think some of you are too. I hope that the moderator opens a new thread calling people who like Claymore to go to that website and vote for Claymore Season 2 ! Possibly we can see Claymore Season 2 in the next year ! Thank you!

BTW, the website is in Japanese, but it's really easy to vote becuase you only need to write your name and email, then click a button. If my request is allowed, I can give a guide with pictures to show you how to vote.

EDIT: I made a guide along with the proof on my blog, hoping it can help you. http://hi.baidu.com/hber2007/blog/it...229388a61.html
kleist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 08:39   Link #1200
zato_1one

I just noticed that this petition has started since Feb this year. And it still has voters for only 33.7% I really doubt if people actually know about this petition.

And please don't talk about the popularity, I think that Claymore is quite popular in Japan (at least, it's good enough IMO). Of course, it can't be comparable to other top tier Shounen title. But last time I checked, the latest volume was sold about 2xx,xxx volumes in Japan. There is no way that almost all of them don't want to see the second season.

For those who still feel hesitate, it takes no more than 5 mins in your life to vote. There is nothing to lose. Just vote it now!