AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-13, 20:00   Link #121
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

People complained with the MW3 footage and news during the XP event lol. But there were some that were justified, while some weren't. :P

My beef with the Stakeout is that there would be instances where I wouldn't get a one-hit-kill at ridiculously short-range encounters (with a grip), even after 2 consecutive hits, while I would be able to kill someone meters away without a grip. It's a really wacky gun.

And I meant the M14 and FAL when I said single-burst. Treyarch made it so that if it's fired at a specific rate, the gun would just stop firing. I lost many 1v1 encounters because of this, which is a big disappoint to me.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 20:10   Link #122
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Guess I haven't used the Stakeout enough to encounter that problem. I prefer a supressed SPAS-12.

Now as for the FAL, I have encountered that problem! Wondered why it wouldn't fire- thought my XBOX was always screwing up. Don't really use it because of that. Burst fires like the G11 suit my style more.

Nothing beats my Yukon-camo, heart sight, teddy bear emblem bearing MPL though.
Old 2011-09-14, 01:36   Link #123
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
I don't know why there was any rage at all, MW2 and Black Ops are the same game in a different skin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
What, because they can't quickscope? Play the game as it was meant to be, whining gamers. Black Ops is good, it's fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Many people blame the companies that developed the games. Mostly blaming Treyarch for some auspicious reasons for ruining the experience for players in Black Ops? I don't fully understand the rage myself.
COD Black ops is my favorite game too. Especially nazi zombie levels.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 01:41   Link #124
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Haha, good to know some people actually appreciate what they can instead of looking for faults.

To avoid going off topic, I'm wondering something- is that 32 player multiplayer confirmed? It seems like they're just trying to beat Battlefield 3 is all. It's gonna lag more often with that many connections trying to synchronize with each other.
Old 2011-09-14, 02:07   Link #125
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The whole call of duty hate felt super weird for me; it was like one moment people were singing their praises for MWII like it was the best game ever when it came out... Then suddenly BAM! They do a 180 and now it's cool to rip on any COD games

What did I miss?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 02:09   Link #126
Xion Valkyrie

No, MW2 (PC) had a user score of 3.7 on metacritic. I'd say the hate train began with MW2 and just got worse after that.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 02:16   Link #127
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
No, MW2 (PC) had a user score of 3.7 on metacritic. I'd say the hate train began with MW2 and just got worse after that.
But I distinctively recalled that people absolutely love that game when it came out, even winning "Game of the Year" for some awards
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 02:26   Link #128
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Well, most critics can't be trusted anyways. Their opinions will differ from your own and people will find unique things to love or hate. That's why I play demos before buying.
Old 2011-09-14, 14:13   Link #129
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Haha, good to know some people actually appreciate what they can instead of looking for faults.

To avoid going off topic, I'm wondering something- is that 32 player multiplayer confirmed? It seems like they're just trying to beat Battlefield 3 is all. It's gonna lag more often with that many connections trying to synchronize with each other.
I'm certain that it was fake.

Quote:
Well, most critics can't be trusted anyways. Their opinions will differ from your own and people will find unique things to love or hate. That's why I play demos before buying.
It's funny cos the demos for MW2 and BO didn't come out until months after release lol.
Old 2011-09-14, 14:40   Link #130
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I'm certain that it was fake.

It's funny cos the demos for MW2 and BO didn't come out until months after release lol.
Oh good. Thought infinity ward was gonna troll hardcore and just screw things up.

Also, that would've been a problem for most people, but the thing is, I almost never preorder games. I'll generally get a game about half a year to 2 years after its release unless I REALLY want it. Same thing went with Black Ops, got it about a year after it was released.
Old 2011-09-14, 14:42   Link #131
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Yeah, I don't preorder much, or buy anything near its release date anymore for that matter. MW3 won't be different.
Old 2011-09-17, 05:14   Link #132
JC...
I am a Pie

I know I'm trolling, but you really don't need a demo for a Call of Duty game if you own it already.

The changes are miniscule.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 05:42   Link #133
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
I know I'm trolling, but you really don't need a demo for a Call of Duty game if you own it already.

The changes are miniscule.
You're not trolling, it's true. I was just making a general point, is all.
Old 2011-09-19, 00:48   Link #134
Siegel Clyne

Japanese Dub Cast for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post

Japanese trailer of MW3 which it will be out on Nov. 17th in Japan.
Japanese Seiyuu Dub Cast for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Revealed at Tokyo Game Show 2011:

石塚運昇、岡林史泰、大塚芳忠、鈴木達央、間宮康弘、楠大典、立木文彦、藤原啓治、江川央生、林一夫、小川 真司、井上剛、田中理恵、甲斐田裕子、菅生隆之、白熊寛嗣、遠藤大智、大川透、陶山章央、森一丁、麦人、諏 訪部順一、志村和幸、内田直哉、植田佳奈

Ishizuka Unshou, Okabayashi Fumihiro, Ootsuka Houchuu, Suzuki Tatsuhisa, Mamiya Yasuhiro, Kusunoki Taiten, Tachiki Fumihiko, Fujiwara Keiji, Egawa Hisao, Hayashi Kazuo, Ogawa Shinji, Inoue Gou, Tanaka Rie, Kaida Yuuko, Sugou Takayuki, Shirokuma Hiroshi, Endou Daichi, Ookawa Tooru, Suyama Akio, Mori Icchou, Mugihito, Suwabe Jun'ichi, Shimura Tomoyuki, Uchida Naoya, Ueda Kana

Most are veteran voice actors over 30 years old. Unsurprisingly, nearly all are men, with the exceptions of Tanaka Rie, Kaida Yuuko, and Ueda Kana.

While she may be still strongly associated with higher pitched girl voiced characters like Lacus Clyne (Gundam SEED/Gundam SEED Destiny), Chii (Chobits), Kujou Hikari/Shiny Luminous (Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart), and Neptune (Chou Jigen Game Neptune {Hyperdimension Neptunia}/Chou Jigen Game Neptune Mk2 {Hyperdimension Neptunia MK-II}), Tanaka Rie nowadays performs much more deeper, mature voiced characters (too many anime, game and drama CD credits to list here). Tanaka's current adult women roles in Japanese dubs of English-language live-action television series include Dr. Katherine "Kat" Manx (Michelle Langstone) in Power Rangers SPD and Alexandra "Alex" Hunter (Gloria Votsis) in White Collar.

Known for her deep, womanly voice, some of Kaida Yuuko's recent voice acting credits include the ratings-obsessed Hero TV producer Agnes Joubert in Tiger & Bunny; Listy in Queen's Blade Seasons 1 and 2; Elizabeth Maybury in FREEZING; Hikari (Sekirei No.11) in Sekirei Seasons 1 and 2; Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk) in the Japanese dub of the North American live-action television series Smallville; and Io (Gemma Arterton) in the Japanese dub of the 2010 Clash of the Titans live-action movie. And Kaida also does boy's voices.

With their mature-sounding voices, Tanaka Rie and Kaida Yuuko seem suitable choices to voice characters in Call of Duty.

What about Ueda Kana and her high-pitched, youthful-sounding girl voice, always much in demand for Japanese anime, Japanese games and Japanese drama CDs, but maybe not so much for an American first-person shooter game?

Perhaps Ueda voices children or maybe teenaged girls in Modern Warfare 3.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2011-09-19 at 04:46. Reason: I mistyped "Ishizuka Unshou" as "Ishikawa Unshou."
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 04:33   Link #135
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Japanese Seiyuu Dub Cast for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Revealed at Tokyo Game Show 2011:

石塚運昇、岡林史泰、大塚芳忠、鈴木達央、間宮康弘、楠大典、立木文彦、藤原啓治、江川央生、林一夫、小川 真司、井上剛、田中理恵、甲斐田裕子、菅生隆之、白熊寛嗣、遠藤大智、大川透、陶山章央、森一丁、麦人、諏 訪部順一、志村和幸、内田直哉、植田佳奈

Ishikawa Unshou, Okabayashi Fumihiro, Ootsuka Houchuu, Suzuki Tatsuhisa, Mamiya Yasuhiro, Kusunoki Taiten, Tachiki Fumihiko, Fujiwara Keiji, Egawa Hisao, Hayashi Kazuo, Ogawa Shinji, Inoue Gou, Tanaka Rie, Kaida Yuuko, Sugou Takayuki, Shirokuma Hiroshi, Endou Daichi, Ookawa Tooru, Suyama Akio, Mori Icchou, Mugihito, Suwabe Jun'ichi, Shimura Tomoyuki, Uchida Naoya, Ueda Kana

Most are veteran voice actors over 30 years old. Unsurprisingly, nearly all are men, with the exceptions of Tanaka Rie, Kaida Yuuko, and Ueda Kana.

While she may be still strongly associated with higher pitched girl voiced characters like Lacus Clyne (Gundam SEED/Gundam SEED Destiny), Chii (Chobits), Kujou Hikari/Shiny Luminous (Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart), and Neptune (Chou Jigen Game Neptune {Hyperdimension Neptunia}/Chou Jigen Game Neptune Mk2 {Hyperdimension Neptunia MK-II}), Tanaka Rie nowadays performs much more deeper, mature voiced characters (too many anime, game and drama CD credits to list here). Tanaka's current adult women roles in Japanese dubs of English-language live-action television series include Dr. Katherine "Kat" Manx (Michelle Langstone) in Power Rangers SPD and Alexandra "Alex" Hunter (Gloria Votsis) in White Collar.

Known for her deep, womanly voice, some of Kaida Yuuko's recent voice acting credits include the ratings-obsessed Hero TV producer Agnes Joubert in Tiger & Bunny; Listy in Queen's Blade Seasons 1 and 2; Elizabeth Maybury in FREEZING; Hikari (Sekirei No.11) in Sekirei Seasons 1 and 2; Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk) in the Japanese dub of the North American live-action television series Smallville; and Io (Gemma Arterton) in the Japanese dub of the 2010 Clash of the Titans live-action movie. And Kaida also does boy's voices.

With their mature-sounding voices, Tanaka Rie and Kaida Yuuko seem suitable choices to voice characters in Call of Duty.

What about Ueda Kana and her high-pitched, youthful-sounding girl voice, always much in demand for Japanese anime, Japanese games and Japanese drama CDs, but maybe not so much for an American first-person shooter game?

Perhaps Ueda voices children or maybe teenaged girls in Modern Warfare 3.
It looks quite promising. But I wonder know if there is a female playable character in this series. Judging by the female voice actresses, if it is really possible, then this series is the only Call of Duty series franchise that uses woman as a playable character.
Old 2011-09-23, 15:11   Link #137
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
It looks quite promising. But I wonder know if there is a female playable character in this series. Judging by the female voice actresses, if it is really possible, then this series is the only Call of Duty series franchise that uses woman as a playable character.
How about a female character acting as a preeminent character in your Ranger/GIGN/SAS squad to begin with? I hope we will have female characters, especially with Rie Tanaka being cast; still, I'd prefer to have them among preeminent squad members first.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 15:44   Link #138
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But I distinctively recalled that people absolutely love that game when it came out, even winning "Game of the Year" for some awards
People are starting to grow weary of the current standards in the FPS genre, and as the most popular game in the genre COD is simply the easiest target.

You see the same thing in every genre. In the MMO world it's cool to hate on WoW, in the RPG circles it's cool to hate on Final Fantasy, and so on and so on.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 11:20   Link #139
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
The Hard Stuff Rules

Now, before the expected debates on which perks are (or are not) 'fair' start up, I'd like to take this opportunity to wonder what you chaps would have thought had the dev team also incorporated the 'badges of honor' concept from Uncharted 2. Quite simply, these are 'perks' that handicap the player in some way in return for an XP bonus (whether that'd be a per-kill bonus or a lump sum for every 5 kills in a match is open to debate). Some hypothetical negative perks and their Pro versions follow:
  • Not So Tough - take 1.5x damage. Pro - multiplier raised to 2x;
  • Half-Loaded: magazine capacity halved. Pro - total ammo carriage halved as well;
  • Soft Touch - weapons do .75x damage (excluding headshots). Pro - multiplier lowered to .5x;
  • With Bells On - highlighted on HUD and minimap of all enemies within 20m. Pro - effect covers entire map;
  • Butterfingers - 1.5x reload times. Pro - 1 in 6 chance of losing one magazine's worth of ammo with each reload
Naturally, each of these is mutually exclusive with its 'opposite' - for instance, you can't take Soft Touch and Stopping Power together.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 11:45   Link #140
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Now, before the expected debates on which perks are (or are not) 'fair' start up, I'd like to take this opportunity to wonder what you chaps would have thought had the dev team also incorporated the 'badges of honor' concept from Uncharted 2. Quite simply, these are 'perks' that handicap the player in some way in return for an XP bonus (whether that'd be a per-kill bonus or a lump sum for every 5 kills in a match is open to debate). Some hypothetical negative perks and their Pro versions follow:
  • Not So Tough - take 1.5x damage. Pro - multiplier raised to 2x;
  • Half-Loaded: magazine capacity halved. Pro - total ammo carriage halved as well;
  • Soft Touch - weapons do .75x damage (excluding headshots). Pro - multiplier lowered to .5x;
  • With Bells On - highlighted on HUD and minimap of all enemies within 20m. Pro - effect covers entire map;
  • Butterfingers - 1.5x reload times. Pro - 1 in 6 chance of losing one magazine's worth of ammo with each reload
Naturally, each of these is mutually exclusive with its 'opposite' - for instance, you can't take Soft Touch and Stopping Power together.
Well I don't know, having negative perks may be worth a challenge for more seasoned palyers so guessing you'd have to limit it to it's own playlist rather than be part of the whole game but exp reward would def have to be worth to justify any handicap.

And also I do believe Stopping Power is not in the game anymore.