AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-14, 21:44   Link #4081
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Spoiler for space:
Spoiler for interview:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
The difference is that Sakura is only like that temporarily. With Kotomine, it's permanent.
But that makes him tragic, isn't it? He never chose to. He struggled in agony during his entire life to change this. He was going to kill himself even to some point. Kotomine is an interesting character because his nature is of a wicked man but he had a righteous, virtuous upbringing.

Can you picture how much he suffered? If he didn't do evil, he couldn't feel anything. If he did evil, part of him hated himself because it was against common sense. Zouken even mocked him because he would never get normal sense of happiness and fit in society. Ouch.

Small wonder why he just wants to know why it had to be this way. Just that: why.

If was a typical villain who never struggled over two decades or agony trying to be a good boy, I wouldn't have any sympathy, but Kirei tried his very, very best to change himself to the point of masochism. But it didn't work out. Hell, it took the King of Heroes + the death of someone very important + The Grail spelling it aloud for him to embrace it a little.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2012-03-14 at 21:55.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 03:50   Link #4082
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Spoiler for interview:
Spoiler for Interview:
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 05:30   Link #4083
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Spoiler for Interview:
I think he meant Sakura was a different type of love than Saber and Rin. Saber and Rin's love is more like the regular kind, but Sakura's love shows the dark side of it.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2012-03-16 at 22:06.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 19:54   Link #4084
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
But that makes him tragic, isn't it? He never chose to. He struggled in agony during his entire life to change this. He was going to kill himself even to some point. Kotomine is an interesting character because his nature is of a wicked man but he had a righteous, virtuous upbringing.

Can you picture how much he suffered? If he didn't do evil, he couldn't feel anything. If he did evil, part of him hated himself because it was against common sense. Zouken even mocked him because he would never get normal sense of happiness and fit in society. Ouch.

Small wonder why he just wants to know why it had to be this way. Just that: why.

If was a typical villain who never struggled over two decades or agony trying to be a good boy, I wouldn't have any sympathy, but Kirei tried his very, very best to change himself to the point of masochism. But it didn't work out. Hell, it took the King of Heroes + the death of someone very important + The Grail spelling it aloud for him to embrace it a little.
Yeah, it makes him "tragic", but it also makes him fundamentally different from Sakura. He is a sympathetic villain, whereas Sakura is a protagonist who has gone temporarily insane and who can be saved.

There is nothing Shirou could do but kill Kotomine. He is simply incapable of living in any way but by being evil. Sakura, on the other hand, could be turned back into her normal self and live a normal life as a fundamentally good person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I think he meant Sakura was a different type of love than Saber and Rin. Saber and Rin's love are the normal kind more or less, but Sakura is the dark kind.
Erm, what?

In what way is Sakura's love "dark"?
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 19:56   Link #4085
LostHanyou

But wait! What if it were female Kotomine?

Easily potential heroine.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 04:21   Link #4086
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Erm, what?

In what way is Sakura's love "dark"?
Well that's half what Urobuchi said:

Spoiler for interview:

Though I think what chaos_alfa meant was "cynical": Overall, that type of love is more cynical because it expresses more dark sides.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 10:52   Link #4087
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
There really isn't a "normal" type of love. From what they said it more seems to me to be showcasing the "bumps in the road of love" with Sakura, while highlighting the magic of courtship with Saber and Rin. For Sakura and Shirou, they *both* have to accept things they cannot change but moved through it with love, Shirou knowing there are wounds.he might not be able to heal for Sakura and vice-versa. The tragedy of knowing you might not be able to shield your loved one from pain, no matter how much you wish to. Urobuchi was pretty much being the cynical one when he added in "the dark side that all women have" part, because that is irrelevant, since all people have dark sides..
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 11:33   Link #4088
Owaride no Sekai
Lord of Lies

Ok, guy's I'll apologize in advance for breaking topic.

But there's this troll that's been bugging me for a week and I just want to get your opinion on this.Let me just state that I have no doubt's on this matter since it's ratter obvious, but this has me at my limit(Patience).

Is Gilgamesh the strongest servant(so far) in the Holy Grail Wars, this includes Fate,UBW,HF, HA and Zero. And pretty much F/SN verse in general.

I personally know he is but this Jackass has been blowing his horn for awhile saying that "Saber with Avalon can beat anybody" is the stupidest shit.Ever.I'm really doubting his intelligence.

UPDATE:Yup he's a troll
this is the comments section btw.Not sure if you guys could live through that...READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. Troll is Mr. Freeze. I really want to punch that Kid.
Owaride no Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 11:35   Link #4089
Owaride no Sekai
Lord of Lies

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=JJcf7EviOXo
Owaride no Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 11:36   Link #4090
Ragna92

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=435277

Here read this. It should make it pretty clear who's the strongest servant.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 11:43   Link #4091
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Gilgamesh can beat anyone if he's serious.

He's just never serious.

The other characters can still all win, though. A lot of the power in Fate is conditional. It's all "this guy is invincible EXCEPT" loophole type things. So if they managed to play their cards right and get into an advantageous situation they could win.

But Gilgamesh would never let them if he was serious.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 12:25   Link #4092
Owaride no Sekai
Lord of Lies

That's what I was saying(or at least trying to get across)But that idiot kept spewing nonsense.
I'm not replying him anymore but he'll just keep trolling...ugh...is so annoying. I'm going to let it go though...it's not worth wasting my time over.
Old 2012-06-27, 12:45   Link #4093
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

not sure what forum you are in but in AS there is a ignore list. You can add poster you don't like to the list and will never see their post ever, unless someone is quoting it.
Old 2012-06-27, 12:55   Link #4094
GDB

It's youtube, he posted the link. Why you would ever engage a youtube commenter for anything is beyond me, though.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 13:18   Link #4095
Owaride no Sekai
Lord of Lies

I don't know which was my first comment but I was "sure" it would have been my last...too bad I didn't think I would've meet some one who's only seen the anime and movie. He literally took everything that happened in there as unshakable cannon. That and I have a short temper, but a lot of patience...deadly combination.

I guess I'm kinda easy to lure...
Old 2012-06-27, 14:31   Link #4096
Touko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaride no Sekai View Post
Ok, guy's I'll apologize in advance for breaking topic.

But there's this troll that's been bugging me for a week and I just want to get your opinion on this.Let me just state that I have no doubt's on this matter since it's ratter obvious, but this has me at my limit(Patience).

Is Gilgamesh the strongest servant(so far) in the Holy Grail Wars, this includes Fate,UBW,HF, HA and Zero. And pretty much F/SN verse in general.

I personally know he is but this Jackass has been blowing his horn for awhile saying that "Saber with Avalon can beat anybody" is the stupidest shit.Ever.I'm really doubting his intelligence.

UPDATE:Yup he's a troll
this is the comments section btw.Not sure if you guys could live through that...READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. Troll is Mr. Freeze. I really want to punch that Kid.
He is Nasu approved strongest Heroic Spirit, a "Slayer of Heroes", no less.

Avalon is indeed very powerful, and can hold off Enuma Elish. However, at the end of the day, it is but a defensive Noble Phantasm.

In the Fate Route, Gilgamesh was pretty much stunned by the fact that something actually held off Ea. That pause and hesitation gave Sabre a good window to Excalibur him in the face.

Strongest Servat, no doubt. But Gilgamesh will die to women and children, because Nasu said so.
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 15:52   Link #4097
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaride no Sekai View Post
I don't know which was my first comment but I was "sure" it would have been my last...too bad I didn't think I would've meet some one who's only seen the anime and movie. He literally took everything that happened in there as unshakable cannon. That and I have a short temper, but a lot of patience...deadly combination.

I guess I'm kinda easy to lure...
If you spend all your time trying to police every comment out there on the internet by any random guy then you're going to be stuck doing that all day.
Old 2012-06-27, 16:14   Link #4098
Touko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
If you spend all your time trying to police every comment out there on the internet by any random guy then you're going to be stuck doing that all day.
But you must defend the honour of your husbando/waifu/hero.

Eating, sleeping, and working are over-rated.
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 16:21   Link #4099
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

You sound like food. :P
Old 2012-06-27, 16:40   Link #4100
Touko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
You sound like food. :P
That's because I am food.