Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-29, 16:33   Link #401
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
War isn't going to start so easily. We know Aladdin dislikes war as much as Alibaba does. He's going to try talking Mogamett into reason. If it doesn't work (and most likely won't) he'll probably take Titus (and Marga) with him and go to Laem. I'm pretty sure he won't make any rushed decisions that could start a war.
sorry I mean how magician overthrown the kingdom and create hogwarts

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 16:41   Link #402
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
sorry I mean how magician overthrown the kingdom and create hogwarts
Oh, my bad. Sorry!!!
Old 2012-10-29, 17:40   Link #403
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
So he has to falcon punch his way to world peace?
You realize Aladdin's interventions are usually fatal? Sure it's because of the Black Metal vessels but I wonder if this will end up being a trend :P
Old 2012-10-29, 19:01   Link #404
kenjtr

I think instead of taking peoples magio till they are dead mogamett should just give all people magical devices that can support their daily lives that way people can work efficiently get stronger and have more magio which also solves nearly all problems . Taking peoples will is like the worst thing you can do cause people without will is useless then animals , well maybe mogamett is after that which is just pure revenge .

I think magicians arent poor as they look cause even going after knowledge can invite destruction ( like people who made atomic bomb , i guess they never imagines it could kill all that people in hiroshima easily ) . Magicians can also go after knowledge because they can but people in slums have nothing no education , no knowledge , no money , no hopes nothing like how alibaba was when he was a child just look at kassim he also had nothing . Mogamett seems to be a good person in the core so i think if you show it he will eventually find right way , i can somehow understand mogamett since i was in a similiar situation before and it took considerable time for me to gain trut people again .

Aladdin can solve this problem easily with no problem i think its easy lets hope he can get it done quickly .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 20:14   Link #405
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

what mogamett need is a better ceo with a real work plan.
hawkeyesvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 21:44   Link #406
Key Board
Carbon

so it went from Avatar:The Last Airbender to Legend of Korra

interesting
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 23:32   Link #407
Xion Valkyrie

Does Sindra have slaves? In terms of a progressive society Sindra seems by far the best out of those that we've seen. What about Laem? From the way Titus reacted to the people in the 5th district, it'd seem unlikely for them to have slaves.

Magi Hogwart's magician system is also pretty screwed up. The fact that Magicians have to duel to the death to advance into the higher levels is ridiculously stupid and barbaric, and goes against all the 'ideals' that evil dumbledore is spouting.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 23:39   Link #408
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I'd be surprised if Laem doesn't have slaves.
I mean, it's Rome after all.
Old 2012-10-29, 23:53   Link #409
Kioras

Laem has slaves, as show in chapter 139, pages 9 and 10. However it is likely that the there are basic rules in regards to what you can and cannot due to the slaves, and rules in which they can be freed from the slavery itself. The roman empires population was about 30-40% slave also.

The reality problem is that in a societies that are pre-industrial has been way too common throughout history, and often has been only broken by means of blood and steel. Lots and lots of blood. Even then, what would often happen is the rebellion would be put down, with the loss of hundreds of thousands of lives, and eventually the status of the slaves, then serfs, and eventually freeman, would slowly improve.

It was not fully ended until the early industrial revolution's manpower demands caused the cities to start draining the countryside of people.

So to end slavery, you better get ready for a really really bloody fights and battles coming soon.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 02:05   Link #410
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I really hope Aladdin isn't buying into all of this jargen Ugly Gandolf is saying. I mean, I know that his experiences is true, but is Aladdin really gonna throw away all of the friends and experiences he's had, just because of what this geezer is saying?
Old 2012-10-30, 03:19   Link #411
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
So he has to falcon punch his way to world peace?

Caught up to the raws, now it's to 1 chapter per week.
So offensive magic didn't exist a couple of decades ago? Their R&D must be rather impressive.

Next chapter we see Palpatine execute Order 66?
More like they "re-discovered" offensive magics. Re-read the chapter that show Princess Dunya's flashback and notice one of her father's lines: "The Magic academy was created to understand the truth of magic..."

It seems that this world is in the "Renaissance period" when it comes to magic ( Solomon probably succeeded in sealing most of magic knowledge if my theory is actually right ).

To be honest, I don't think Alladdin can do much to change this country because the root of conflict is too deep. The best he could do for those lv5 citizens probably is: setting a limit of how many hours can they be used as magoi batteries per day ( 10 hours per day? This is ancient society, people wake up at 6am and work til 6pm so 10 hours is actually pretty good ), having a day off per week and education for those that want to learn.
Old 2012-10-30, 07:11   Link #412
Key Board
Carbon

are we caught up with the Japanese raws?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 07:28   Link #413
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yes, I believe we'll be getting 1 chapter per week now, as usual.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 11:42   Link #414
Ghanw
(-_-)

Yes, we have cuaght up with the RAWS and now we will have to wait weekly for the ones in Japan to be translated, can't wait. If the acadamey rediscovered magic wouldnt they be able to imprison Aladdin with high level magic if he ever does anything angainst the academy?
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 15:27   Link #415
marvelB

BTW, I'm also sure that there's some people in Dumblemort's inner circle who don't agree with his anti-muggle views. I'm especially hoping that McGonagall Myers is one of them..... it would be sad to find out that the teacher who(se boobs) helped improve Aladdin so much turned out to be a Death Eater.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 15:39   Link #416
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

I totally find this comparison to Magnostatt to Hogwarts/Harry Potter both apt and yet funny at the same time.

Still this propaganda speech by evil Dumbledore just smacks of hypocrisy and could be argued against in so many ways.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 15:44   Link #417
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
I totally find this comparison to Magnostatt to Hogwarts/Harry Potter both apt and yet funny at the same time.

Still this propaganda speech by evil Dumbledore just smacks of hypocrisy and could be argued against in so many ways.
I just keep calling Magnoshutatt as Hogwarts and Mogamett as Dumbledore as their easier to remember and to type that original one

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 16:14   Link #418
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
is magnoshutatt supposed to be nazi germany?
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 16:23   Link #419
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post

That's because it's just TOO easy a comparison to make. But at least I'm doing my own spin on it (like literally combining Dumbledore and Voldemort's names for Mogamett ).

But in all seriousness, I do agree that Mogamett's speech isn't all that convincing. But I'm also sure that he's too bigoted at this point to let anyone sway him to the right path even if they DO call him out on his BS.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 02:37   Link #420
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
is magnoshutatt supposed to be nazi germany?
IMO, Magnoshutatt seems more like a combination of pre-WWII Jewish people ( a group of people/race that hold valuable knowledges but was hated and treated like sub-human by most people around them ) and Iran's revolution ( oppressed people that overthrow the ruling dynasty and they were lead by a high priest/scholar - in Magi's case: a magician ).

Even Moganett's ideal is similar to Zionism: He's trying to attract all the world's magicians to his country so magicians will not be harmed and discriminated anymore.

Compare him with Magneto would be more accurate )

Last edited by hawkeyesvn; 2012-10-31 at 04:06.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen