AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-04, 13:22   Link #1
com_gwp

ssx (2012)

Did a search on the forums and can't believe there isn't a thread for this. Anyone else playing this?

I just got it myself, and being my first snowboarding game ever I suck a ton at it but I'm enjoying every bit of it. Any other boarders in the forums? Let's compete together!
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 02:38   Link #2
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
I'm suprised as well...

I've played the demo quite a few times to get to grips with the controls, and plan to get the game today.

So far it feels great. I've read a few reviews, and there's been mention that it is challenging, but also a very rewarding experience. Played SSX Tricky on the PS2 a lot and quite enjoyed it just for the fun of going down slopes and messing around. With this one being huge, that aspect should be even better.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 19:13   Link #3
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I saw this while standing outside waiting for my ride after working at Mc'Donalds. I remember playing a game similar to this, but dont remember what it was called.
Old 2012-03-05, 23:55   Link #4
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

This game is pretty amazing... just got done with the World Tour and now looking forward to online. This game is very easy to get into but very difficult to master, I don't think I'll ever get all the golds in explore mode in a million years.

I've been playing since the first one, so all in all, I'm quite pleased with this newest edition to the series. My only gripe is that it doesn't have split screen, but does any game have that nowadays? (Oh, and the fact that you can't punch your competitors ).
Old 2012-03-06, 11:56   Link #5
com_gwp

I've never played a snowboarding game before, so I don't really know how much the loss of splitscreen affects it, but the online integration really is a showcase in multiplayer done right for me.

If anyone want to compare time and tricks scores, I'm playing on the PS3 with the ID: com_gwp

That said, please don't expect much out of me, since I still suck at this game. Alternatively, you can farm credits from me by placing records on my slopes.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote