AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Delta - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 9 30.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 6.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 6.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-18, 12:46   Link #41
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thousand Mistress View Post
This episode nearly made me cry. The moment Mikumo started singing Happy Birthday (in good Engrish!) was one start of a tearjerker.
Good EngRISH? Do such concepts exist!?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 12:47   Link #42
lfhoule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I am just annoyed that we have a half-Meltran girl in the main cast but not get to see her go giant.
To be fair, I don't think the Chaos crew on Ragna has access to re-sizing chambers to begin with, seeing that unlike the SMS branch on Frontier, Chaos does not have a team of Meltran piloting Queadluun Rau power armors on Ragna... which, considering how much difficulty Delta team has fighting the Knights, Queadluun Rau's would not stand a chance against the Knights.
Though yes, having access to a re-sizing chamber would give Mirage more options in dealing with Hayate, tho' unless there's a container somewhere that has Macron sized clothes for Mirage (or Johnson, for that matter), she's going to be in her birthday suit...

"NOTICE ME KOUHAI, DAMNIT!!!" indeed.
lfhoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 13:28   Link #43
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's just GG taking way too much liberties with the translation again. He just said they have to follow Heinz in that line. The "oh-so-wise" thing is crap GG came up with.
Ah, okay. I'm not going to badmouth gg, they are the only persons who are really translating the anime. I value their work (and am sad that apparently Kuromukuro isn't going to be continued by them, I hope the anon translator stays on target there).
Old 2016-07-18, 15:28   Link #44
dmaxzero

This reminds a little of Misa Hayes from the original Macross show. She got on board the romance pretty late as well. Even in the movie she enters the fight half movie away. While I do reckon Mirage had little to no development so far, for some reason she appeals to me much more than Freyja. So I am kind of biased for her and hope she pick ups the pace in the next episodes.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 16:46   Link #45
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
This reminds a little of Misa Hayes from the original Macross show. She got on board the romance pretty late as well. Even in the movie she enters the fight half movie away. While I do reckon Mirage had little to no development so far, for some reason she appeals to me much more than Freyja. So I am kind of biased for her and hope she pick ups the pace in the next episodes.
Spoiler for Misa-Mirage comparison:
Old 2016-07-18, 18:27   Link #46
dmaxzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Spoiler for Misa-Mirage comparison:
Well, that's true. I still hope for Mirage to take the stage. XD
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 19:34   Link #47
Fairy Water

Some guys said Mirage only need to pick up Hayate at the funeral 15 years from now on

It's pretty funny when Mirage has more shippers in the anime than Freyja while it's obvious Freyja likes Hayate for long. This Ep is ok to me. A combination of a moving birthday scene and a broken heart scene actually made it worth to watch.

I guess Hayate feelings is kinda obvious now. With the new op, it already hinted Mirage will stay behind letting the two of them face each other. In 10 more Ep, would he turn his heart to mirage? Do they have time for this? Now I think they should develop more Hayate and Freyja so it doesn't feel force at the end.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 19:53   Link #48
CriiGV
Junbi wa inka ne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Now I think they should develop more Hayate and Freyja so it doesn't feel force at the end.
IMO Hayate/Freyja doesn't feel forced at all and it's very believable that they could just jump right into a romantic relationship next episode (although they won't because we're heading into the action part of the series now). All the base foundations for a relationship are already there, having been built in the first 15 episodes.

We already know they're each others most important person (Hayate always worrying about Freyja and viceversa), we know they share their personal troubles, that each other's presence is enough to cheer them up, that they do a lot of playful banter (borderline flirting if you ask me), that they're loyal and respectful to one another, that they inspire each other, that they share the same goals and ideals, etc.

Basically it'd be a very easy transition for them to slip into being lovers. It wouldn't feel like it just came out of nowhere like it would feel if it were Hayate/Mirage. Hayate/Freyja has been an all around nice and steady build up, and we already knew Freyja's feelings on the matter. The only unkown factor was Hayate and this episode pretty much just told us that he only needed a slight push in the right direction for him to open his eyes.
CriiGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 20:07   Link #49
Wandering Soul

I don't think it's any secret as to which girl Hayate has realized his feelings for. Mirage has pretty much always been a comrade/friend to him, while Freyja is the one that he is starting to see in a different light.

It seems like they are implying that Hayate's father was the one that dropped the bomb that started all of this.
Old 2016-07-18, 21:23   Link #50
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriiGV View Post
IMO Hayate/Freyja doesn't feel forced at all and it's very believable that they could just jump right into a romantic relationship next episode (although they won't because we're heading into the action part of the series now). All the base foundations for a relationship are already there, having been built in the first 15 episodes.
Excellent post. I think you nailed it!

The thing to remember with Hayate and Freyja is that Hayate is a very chill easy-going guy, and Freyja also tends to go with the flow until something upsets it. Neither likes forcing things with other people, and both have been focused on their personal goals and dreams.

Events have been pretty drastic and life-changing and rapidly changing for both Hayate and Freyja. I can buy that Hayate has just been so distracted by everything going on around him (becoming a pilot, Windermere declaring war, Messer dying, having to flee Ragna, etc...) that he hasn't had a chance to think much about anything else, including romance. Freyja similarly has a lot distracting her, especially with her people declaring war on the rest of the galaxy.

But through this all, Hayate and Freyja have found fun friendship and comfort in each other. And it's only now that Hayate is fully realizing what this all likely means to him. The HayaFrey romance is real, but it's maybe not as loud as anime romances often are, since Hayate is an easy-going chill guy and Freyja doesn't seem to be the type of person to angst much (this being one of the main differences between Freyja and Frontier's Ranka, imo). Honestly, I find this low-key chill approach to be kinda refreshing. It would be nice if Frejya and Hayate share a kiss at some point, but I hope they can continue to be pretty relaxed around each other.
Old 2016-07-18, 21:47   Link #51
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

It also helps that Freyja and Hayate get most of the attention and scenes in the series. Mirage on the other hand, does not even feel like an equal contender, not just in the romantic sense, but lacking even in the field of camaraderie.

We have many episodes dedicated to Frejya and Hayate, but Mirage has received no such attention thus far.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 22:06   Link #52
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
And Knights are finally getting a clue, about time.
You mean the ongoing war against the NUNS? Well, they want to stage a massacre against the humans for tainting their home planet, but it's too much for them!

By the way, I wonder if fans will get ballistic if Mikumo was captured by Windermere?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 22:10   Link #53
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 22:27   Link #54
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
By the way, I wonder if fans will get ballistic if Mikumo was captured by Windermere?
I am not even remotely worried about that. I get the impression that Mikumo left Windermere under unpleasant circumstances, and that if she was ever to return there Windermere would suffer her wraith.
Old 2016-07-19, 00:26   Link #55
Psyco Diver

I get the feeling this triangle will end similarly to the original Macros with Frejya either pursuing her music or moving home to "heal" her people from the war and hatred towards NUN and giving Hayate the final push to Mirage that he needs

Otherwise, good episode, as mentioned a filler episode but still good, I wish all fillers could be this good
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 00:29   Link #56
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Some guys said Mirage only need to pick up Hayate at the funeral 15 years from now on
Oh good, I wasn't the only one thinking that

I've preferred Mirage since the beginning, but the series has done a horrible job developing her both in terms of her personal character development and the triangle. It's been the exact opposite for Freyja I believe. Yeah there's still time in the series, but I don't see Mirage having much of a chance here, she's just way too far behind atm.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 01:10   Link #57
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
I get the feeling this triangle will end similarly to the original Macros with Frejya either pursuing her music or moving home to "heal" her people from the war and hatred towards NUN and giving Hayate the final push to Mirage that he needs
Maybe Frejya might end up pursuing her music or someting like that, but even in that case I don't think Hayate would end up with Mirage. There's just no chemistry between then.
Old 2016-07-19, 01:37   Link #58
D-Joe

At this rate, Mirage doesn't remind me Misa, she remind me Alisha from Tales of Zestiria(game version, because it seems Alisha is getting better treatment in anime version).
It's not surprising if she lose the triangle, but now what i see is not only triangle, she's gonna lose everything thanks to writers almost never actual develop her as a actual person other than this episode, but this episode's writer never wrote Macross Delta before, and i doubt she will come back and write more episodes.

And please stop saying "waiting 15 years" thing, this is very disrespectful for all three characters and why should Mirage wait him? stupid idea.
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 02:35   Link #59
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
And please stop saying "waiting 15 years" thing, this is very disrespectful for all three characters and why should Mirage wait him? stupid idea.
Exactly, she has no reason to wait, she can find herself a better man instead of waiting.
Old 2016-07-19, 03:40   Link #60
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Exactly, she has no reason to wait, she can find herself a better man instead of waiting.
But the question is will Freyja remain in Walkure forever since idols can't have boyfriends remember?

If she leaves the group, I would support Freyja for not only making music to heal people, but to find a suitable guy that'll take care of her until her last day.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote