AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-20, 08:35   Link #2001
shichi-chan
Mippa~

That picture is amazing. I should have noticed earlier. Sabi's arch enemy is so awesome
Old 2010-10-20, 08:48   Link #2002
tsunade666

actually the picture doesn't much make sense to me except some familiarity with the characters......
Old 2010-10-20, 10:28   Link #2003
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

#11 Ending:
Faylan || 亡霊たちよ野望の果てに眠れ || Bourei-tachi yo Yabou no Hate ni Nemure || Rest at the Edge of Ambitions, o Spirits of the Dead
#12 Ending:
Kuribayashi Minami || 時すでに始まりを刻む || Toki sude ni Hajimari wo Kizamu || The Beginning Laid Out Too Late

That's scary D:
In other news, many English summaries describe the series as happening in the "Edo era" but is it really Edo era with Shogunate being in Owari?
I'm looking at you, "edo setting" tag!

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-10-20 at 10:42.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 19:43   Link #2004
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Tomatsu Haruka should do more power songs instead of those cutsie crap. ED10 >>> Sphere.
Spoiler for ma bad:

Last edited by Sprite_Coke; 2010-10-22 at 01:38.
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 01:29   Link #2005
Maniwa Akagin
Member of the Beast Squad

Dude Sprite, spoiler tag! Thanks a lot... Guess I'll be staying away from this site until the middle of December then...
Maniwa Akagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 16:45   Link #2006
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

so i finally caught up with this show, i think this is good, i like the character development of Shichika and Togame is so funny, the animation style of the characters is intriguing, can't wait for the next ep
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 20:46   Link #2007
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Like about 23 or 24 days I am so ready.....not really....Need more....
Old 2010-10-22, 20:57   Link #2008
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Just had a thought.

If Shichika is indeed the latest aspect of the Completed Deviant Blade Kyotou Yasuri....wouldn't that mean he should be poisonous in the same sense as the other Blades, as well? If that's the case, and the boy is indeed literally oozing poison out of his pores....well, it would explain the increasing affection that Togame has towards him.

On another note, I have been wondering about the decapitating hand-chop Yasuri Mutsue used to off Hida Takahito; particularly the fact that, all this time, we've never seen Shichika actually use that move (with the closest equivalent being perhaps that last move in Shichika Hachiretsu Kai). In fact, the only other times we've seen anything like that is....strangely enough, when we see Maniwa Houou's ninpou. Pretty much the same, in fact.

So this leads to my next epileptic tree; could Houou's ninpou, or even the entire set of Maniwa ninpou, be related to Kyotou Yasuri in some sense as well?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 22:51   Link #2009
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Just had a thought.

If Shichika is indeed the latest aspect of the Completed Deviant Blade Kyotou Yasuri....wouldn't that mean he should be poisonous in the same sense as the other Blades, as well? If that's the case, and the boy is indeed literally oozing poison out of his pores....well, it would explain the increasing affection that Togame has towards him.

On another note, I have been wondering about the decapitating hand-chop Yasuri Mutsue used to off Hida Takahito; particularly the fact that, all this time, we've never seen Shichika actually use that move (with the closest equivalent being perhaps that last move in Shichika Hachiretsu Kai). In fact, the only other times we've seen anything like that is....strangely enough, when we see Maniwa Houou's ninpou. Pretty much the same, in fact.

So this leads to my next epileptic tree; could Houou's ninpou, or even the entire set of Maniwa ninpou, be related to Kyotou Yasuri in some sense as well?
My thoughts about Shichika and the poison thing would be like their feelings that they so call "Love" and when Rinne was explaining that the feeling they have don't show love at all could mean that Togame is attached to shichika because he is poisonous, per say.

Well, it was said by Chouchou that the Founder of Kyotoryuu and the founder of Maniwa fought long ago, and perhaps there was some sort of semblance in the abilities used during that time, y'know? Like maybe the Founder of Maniwa was a Phoenix god like Houou and that type of Ninpou was passed down (As something like a type of Kyotoryuu), because Houou but Houou isn't a Swordsman, but a ninja . I get what you mean though during episode 5 and 6 he used his Ninpou with the same arm slicing effect that Mutsue used on Takehito.
Good speculation though, sir.
Old 2010-10-23, 10:34   Link #2010
takodori

The Hyakkeijo(百刑場) in Ep.10 is the place of execution in the samurai age. Though I'm not so sure, but I think the model of it is the execution site of Nanakita which used to exist in Sendai Clan(current Sendai City). There are no building and some Jizo statues and tombstones there now. Good photos can be found in this blog.
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/hi-sann_001/e/...e0f83d17b?st=1
takodori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 10:45   Link #2011
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
My thoughts about Shichika and the poison thing would be like their feelings that they so call "Love" and when Rinne was explaining that the feeling they have don't show love at all could mean that Togame is attached to shichika because he is poisonous, per say.
They'll elaborate more about the "Poison" in the next episode, but really, it stops on Dokutou Mekki.

As for Mutsue's move... Shichika has that one cutting move, which he executes with his leg, I mean the one which killed Uneri Ginkaku. Just makes sense for a sword-man to have something that cuts. I don't think there was any implicated connection between Houou's ninpou and similar move of Yasuri Mutsue.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 16:24   Link #2012
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
They'll elaborate more about the "Poison" in the next episode, but really, it stops on Dokutou Mekki.

As for Mutsue's move... Shichika has that one cutting move, which he executes with his leg, I mean the one which killed Uneri Ginkaku. Just makes sense for a sword-man to have something that cuts. I don't think there was any implicated connection between Houou's ninpou and similar move of Yasuri Mutsue.
Guess so, mean it's the most poisonous sword!

Well, just 'cause it was his leg don't mean he can or cannot use his arm(s) And doesn't hurt to give the slightest thought about it.
Old 2010-10-24, 06:49   Link #2013
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Spoiler for 10:

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 22:18   Link #2014
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

HOLY SHIT!!! Found this in the japanese wikipedia
Spoiler:

I guess this was revealed in the Drama CD included with the Blu-Ray.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 22:31   Link #2015
Kakkou
Tch.

^ Suddenly, Sabi Hakuhei's last words make sense...
Spoiler for question about spoiler above:

Last edited by Kakkou; 2010-10-24 at 22:42.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 23:50   Link #2016
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
^ Suddenly, Sabi Hakuhei's last words make sense...
Spoiler for question about spoiler above:
I think its any objects.
Old 2010-10-24, 23:53   Link #2017
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I think its any objects.
Yeah, sounds about right.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 00:20   Link #2018
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Spoiler:

For those of us who are not gifted in the Japanese language, can you pretty please put what that says in English (in a spoiler tag of course)? I'd appreciate it. <3
Old 2010-10-25, 01:03   Link #2019
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
For those of us who are not gifted in the Japanese language, can you pretty please put what that says in English (in a spoiler tag of course)? I'd appreciate it. <3
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-25, 01:09   Link #2020
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post

The move Shichika used to off Uneri is the exact same one as the finishing move of the original Shichika Hachiretsu. Maniwa Koumori sure didn't look ripped in half to me.

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy