cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Just seen the released chapter...
Spoiler for ch 12:
I think the translation's off. That threw me for a loop when I read it too

I still don't know how Shioon is gonna get back his ki though.
Old 2011-01-07, 12:30   Link #523
Shadow5YA

I haven't read the chapter, but I'm still not convinced.

Back in Part I, those bullies called Saehee Shioon's girlfriend already. I don't recall Shioon either denying or confirming it, so their relationship is a bit ambiguous. Shioon is interested in Saehee, and everyone knows it. He's never surprised when people call Saehee his girlfriend, but he hasn't done anything... boyfriend-worthy, for the lack of a better word. They seem like normal classmates in school.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 12:39   Link #524
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I think Shioon is mistakening the term "Girlfriend" and Girl-friend lol. It's obvious they're not dating.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 13:05   Link #525
Lummie

It runs in the Sunwoo clan, I tell ya Let's hope Sera is the next one to say it.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 13:58   Link #526
Shadow5YA

Yeah... I wouldn't take the "girlfriend" thing too seriously.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 14:00   Link #527
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post

It runs in the Sunwoo clan, I tell ya Let's hope Sera is the next one to say it.
The harem is building slowly but surely .

By the way, I wonder if it's the Black Forest group that's making the scenes to disrupt the Murim. Their main objective was to to destroy the Murim after all(in the words of the shady leader).
Old 2011-01-07, 14:13   Link #528
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post

I don't know why, but I lol'd so hard just now.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 16:18   Link #529
Xion Valkyrie

Hmm, maybe that other kid genius who's in love with Shion would help Shion out or something. Even if he gets his inner energy back, he's still not going to be able to fight someone who's out to kill him, especially with sword based attacks. We haven't seen anyone in the Sun Woo clan who's at that level either, so out of the people we know, the people that can help him is pretty limited.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 16:25   Link #530
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Hmm, maybe that other kid genius who's in love with Shion would help Shion out or something. Even if he gets his inner energy back, he's still not going to be able to fight someone who's out to kill him, especially with sword based attacks. We haven't seen anyone in the Sun Woo clan who's at that level either, so out of the people we know, the people that can help him is pretty limited.
Sword lambo dude coming back and teaching power-back shion a trick or two?
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 16:41   Link #531
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Sword lambo dude coming back and teaching power-back shion a trick or two?
I predict the ORC return xD
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 17:30   Link #532
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
I predict the ORC return xD
Orc is more about brute force while that blonde dude was running around with a katana if I remember.
So he would probably know more but who knows, even orc could do the job.
Old 2011-01-08, 21:14   Link #533
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
One thing I'd like to note in this riveting debate, the fact of the matter is Shioon himself does not place much value in his own life, which I thought would have been obvious after all his suicidal charges up till now, but perhaps that's too subtle now that he's lost his powers. Nevertheless, more often then not Shioon's actions are often a byproduct of either someone else's effort or on their behalf, he has no direction of his own, an idea of what that may be, or an inclination to find out, even when he still had all his powers, he was simply going on blind faith and as we saw back then he could be extremely stubborn in his pursuit of it, hence why he continue to follow the path he believes Gyoon set for him. The same applies here, and which is why New Wave is a crucial step up from the previous Breaker. Because in this sense, rather then his body this time, what needs to be and is being trained at the moment is Shioon's spirit and mind. Which is why I think everyone should cool down for the time being about their complaints that all the previous progress from before is gone, in fact this is probably the first time real progress to actually be made to Shioon's character in the first place.
Personally, I have enough patience to endure this painful character of Shioon until chapter 30, since that was how long it took Shioon to take action in part 1. I was really hoping for some background information regarding other clans in martial arts alliance. Yup, Tsundere's really be a character trait in the Sunwoo Clan. The development between Jinie and Shioon are nice though.

I could guess 5 scenarios where Shioon can save himself from Sera and Ji-gun.

1. Sosul or Shioon's rival from the Chun-moon clan saves him by either telling him a method to get his ki back or just intervenes in the fight.

2. Help from Sunwoo Clan.

3. Yi-gun fatally wounds Jinie and as result Shioon goes berserk with his ki channels burst open.

4. Shioon gets another Ki pill.

5. Shioon's ki channel was not permanently damaged, Goomoonryong merely made it seem that way. Also, I wouldn't put it past a Murim as skilled as Goomonnryong if he did that. (I'm basing this theory like how Rud and Hayato from Veritas made Gu Honse's ki channels seem destroyed)
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 15:04   Link #534
blade82

6- he can marry the girl
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 17:17   Link #535
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Thinking abut it, the style that Sera uses is a lot like the style that female Munju that Goomoonryong fought, isn't it?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 23:14   Link #536
DarkLordOfkichiku

Chapter 13 is out:

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/10087
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 05:35   Link #537
Xaturas

Hmmm nice chapter wonder what happened there.
Was it the pill effect kicking in or that attack power ^^.
Old 2011-01-14, 06:13   Link #538
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Naaah. Alas. According to the fanlation, what happened was jsut the guy giving Shioon a bit of pain

So, Shioon has decided to ask for the Sunwoo clan's help at long last <_<.

But I'm disappointed that it seems like the author is doing his best to make Shioon re-reach the pitful state he was in during the first 10 chapters of The Breaker...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 06:17   Link #539
zibi88

Quote:
well for me it looked like shion's body got another wake up call.... I mean a strong attack from gromo... switched that ki-button to OFF... but now shion got another 2 attacks that made something to him.... first in the chest... other one in the head...

maybe that attack coused that pill effects to get back like brain connected to the ki-veins or something ^^

well that attack was ki-based... so maybe its an effect of how a commoners body gets affects to kii-attacks... maybe he will get the balls to get the kii back... since he might remind this pain to what might happen to sahaee if he doesnt show up...

anyway I sooo hope that shion's kii-button switched to ON... and from now on he will start to slowly gain his powers back so he would be on 100% till that one week meeting with that girl...

anyway its interesting to see jinee's reaction (fear) to what that guy showed up... a kii-sword...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 07:28   Link #540
Xaturas

Hmm I will wait for translation.
However all that veins reminded me of the chapter where Shion took the pill and his body almost *exploded*.
It was the chapter where Gom teached Shion the breathing technique just before he almost blow up from all the ki. His veins were also going *pop* then until the point of blood shooting trough his skin.

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves