AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-01-01, 09:25   Link #2601
BioRanger

The new design of Qan[T] started to grow on me. While I still despise the change of the color scheme, I like the new back.
BioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 09:37   Link #2602
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
Agreed. The 'backpack' seems to be lacking something , at the moment the 'backpack' looks weird. It makes me wonder if there's some kind of special equipment that will dock in the back.
thats what im thinking also....for the circular "docking" compartment when looking at it?
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 09:43   Link #2603
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
thats what im thinking also....for the circular "docking" compartment when looking at it?
It kinda makes me think that Saji will back in some whacko unit ,ready to dock into Qan[T].
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 10:01   Link #2604
mike_s_6

Here's the portion of the kouryakukan post that is about the trailer:

Quote:
Translation notes:
-This translation has direct quotes and since we don’t have visuals, and audio, it’s hard to tell who is saying the sentence. Right now for the most part, I’m guessing. The subjects and objects might change once we get to see the video.
-[] comments mine

A new Innovade character appears. (His eyes shine gold)
“Proceed, Innovator” [Not sure if this should be Kati, or the Innovade who is talking so this might be 100% off]
There was Kati with a distressed appearance. A voice goes up.
“Certainly, as you wish” [Most likely the Innovade is talking]
In the screen, Celestial Being that has Veda’s real form is projected.
“Veda accumulates and controls information about the world through Innovades”
[There are] Battle type (?) MS and many motherships.
“Commence the particle missile attack according to plan B”
“You're slow even though you are an Innovator” (Lyle?) [Again subject is not clear, could be “I/he/she”]
Allelujah and Pieries returned to Ptolemy.
They are greeted by the happy Mileina.
Allelujah and Pieries are wearing ordinary use white suits.
Allelujah’s hair is long and is tied at the back of his head.
Pieries’ hair is in a braid at the back.
Mileina has a white headband, and her hair style is a light wavy style.
“It’s alright, sometimes it’s not bad to drop in on the way” (Allelujah)
“Absolutely secret Federal Government documents” *Comes from a female voice
A woman with long hair that resembles Nena appears.
A female voice says, “Innovator is [something-ed] ~” *The cheers were so loud, I wasn’t able to hear [what was next in that sentence].
A character that was wearing a light blue suit removed his helmet, and was shown to be a character just like Tieria. This character visits Ptolemy. In the place where he visited, the 3 Meisters are there.
“Why?!” (Allelujah)
The character that wears a blue suit says, “They are~” *The cheers were so loud, I wasn’t able to hear [what was next in that sentence].
*Additional info: According to some kid who heard it, it was “They are [something-ed] in/to the QBW isolation facility”

“That's right. This is something important for us to understand each other.” *Comes from a female voice
“I don’t understand. I really do not understand.” (said by Setsuna, suffering)
Graham’s new machine variation [variation?]. A machine in the Flag line.
Graham visits Ptolemy. Feldt with short hair watches over this.
“Sorry, seems like your fun holiday is over” (Lyle)
“Were you able to read the documents I sent to you, Mister Innovator?” *Comes from a female voice

There is a groaning, "Aaaaargh!" from Setsuna who was suffering.
“I have decided to walk alongside humanity” (Tieria)
There is a transformation scene of Gundam Harute.
The color assigned to Harute is near GN Archer’s red orange.
The GN Hand Gun Pod of Gundam Zabanya debuts.
Raphael Gundam also moves. However, its arms seem too big [I do not completely understand the nuance of the last part of this sentence so the meaning might be different]
“Roger. 00 QAN[T]. Setsuna F. Seiei, going out”
QAN[T] sorties at the end.

Last edited by mike_s_6; 2010-01-03 at 05:20.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 10:47   Link #2605
xytrix

Really interested with this character who is wearing a "light blue suit", that looks like "Tieria".
xytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 10:50   Link #2606
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Maybe that's just Tieria, who just finished constructing his new body

Really looking forward to this trailer. Most probably on SE III
Old 2010-01-01, 10:54   Link #2607
xytrix

^ Yeah, im betting on it too, especially after reading the part "everyone cheered so loudly". I think it is indeed Tieria. Although it's weird to think that he switched from purple to blue. I guess it's new body = new suit for him.
Old 2010-01-01, 10:57   Link #2608
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xytrix View Post
^ Yeah, im betting on it too, especially after reading the part "everyone cheered so loudly". I think it is indeed Tieria. Although it's weird to think that he switched from purple to blue.
I have a strong hunch that they cheered because it was Kamiya's voice. It's almost near verification that it's also Tieria. Nevertheless, bad fangirls, bad. As for the pilot suit, perhaps there was no purple suits in the Innovade factory, so he got whatever fits.
Old 2010-01-01, 11:00   Link #2609
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Does anybody have MORE new update instead of just the quanta one here?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2010-01-01 at 21:28.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 11:34   Link #2610
xytrix

More impressions from the latest trailer
Spoiler:

Credit: Mike_s_6
Old 2010-01-01, 11:54   Link #2611
konart

Please, God, if you are there, make Setsuna go mad or something like that(cliche here, I know. but still...)
Old 2010-01-01, 12:02   Link #2612
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Clearer picture of 00 Qan[T]'s back:
Spoiler:
Hmmm, the disc-shaped thing at the inner side of Sword Bits container that is speculated to be the GN drive location is no longer visible... The back slot looks missing something too. Where are you, GN Drives?

@xytrix: Um, mike_s_6 first posted that in this very thread, if you check a few pages back ^^;
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 12:06   Link #2613
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Yeah Im thinking that as well.

About the Beam Saber discussion, one have to ask themselves if the Beam Sabers would be really useful for the main character's MS or the other three MSes. After Riser Sword, 00 already proved that beam sabers were used as a digging-the-bottom-of-the-bucket last minute weapon in S2.

With the Qan[T], even tho I have not seen it use a beam saber. Does not mean that there isn't one somewhere or that some form of beam saber (GN Sword II and GN Sword III 'beam saber) built into the frame. It didn't make any sense to me why the Cherudim did not have a beam saber, but it showed that it did not need during the show.

We all have to wait patiently for the weapons layout on this MS, cus we only know what we can see through pics. I still don't like the color change only cus it feels like the artist "had" to match it with the official White-blue-red color scheme. Blue and white was Better If there willing to do all these changes, adding beam sabers is not going to bother them.

i.e. has anyone pointed out that the upper body looks more similar to the Reborn gundam than the 0 gundam
Old 2010-01-01, 12:14   Link #2614
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Also, there seems to be two empty space to store beam sabers on its ass, the usual place
Where? There's two rectangular vents sure, but not beam saber racks. Mind you that even in lineart where the 00 and Exia don't hold weapons, the beam sabers are always present, and for Qan[T] there are no visible beam saber hilts anywhere, unless Qan[T] is storing them internally

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 13:28   Link #2615
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Does anybody have the new update instead of just the quanta one here?
I don't think Newtype released lineart of it like they did the Qan[t].

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post
The back slot looks missing something too. Where are you, GN Drives?
Busy procreating somehwere?

I think I'll go with the idea that the spherical "Condenser" is thw Twin Drive in this case,I fing it a bit weird that its still exclusively a Qan[t] feature for the moment when in the 3rd Generations everybody had them.

But it could also be 2 seperate Drives,if it were that I'll bet its the backpack and in the shield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocawarde View Post
About the Beam Saber discussion, one have to ask themselves if the Beam Sabers would be really useful for the main character's MS or the other three MSes. After Riser Sword, 00 already proved that beam sabers were used as a digging-the-bottom-of-the-bucket last minute weapon in S2.
Whilte they're useful as backup weapons,the traditional sabers usually do not contribute much as a main arsenal for 00.The reason is because the main weapons of 00 already had BS Modes,so its better to use them since it does not force you to put your weapon away.Other than that,they're useful as throwing daggers in the case of 00

But even these functions as backup and throwing daggers are redundant in Qan[t].The reason is because the main weapon probably does have a BS mode,and the role of throwable weapons now fall to the Sword Bits.Not to mention,Qan[t] have more swords than 00 so it has more variety to choose from,and the Sword Bits act as secondary weapons to Qan[t] if needed.
Quote:
With the Qan[T], even tho I have not seen it use a beam saber. Does not mean that there isn't one somewhere or that some form of beam saber (GN Sword II and GN Sword III 'beam saber) built into the frame. It didn't make any sense to me why the Cherudim did not have a beam saber, but it showed that it did not need during the show.
Cherudim didnt have a beam saber because it was thought to be redundant.Dynames combat data showed that it did not fare well with beam sabers,so because BS does not work well with this type of frame it was dropped altogether.

But also probably because it has other more suited close range weapons as well,the GN Pistol II which can block beam sabers and shoot at close range.The shooting dual wielding at close range was much more suited to the MS frame and it fares much better at it.

So Cherudim did not need them as much because it had the GN Pistol IIs.And since they can function as parrying weapons,then it makes them the all in one close range weapon for Cherudim.

Quote:
.e. has anyone pointed out that the upper body looks more similar to the Reborn gundam than the 0 gundam
I do agree with you abit there.More specificallty it feels a bit closer to the 1 Gundam.

Infact,someone did a fanart edit and changed the the new lineart image with the old color and the Qan[t] looked alot like 1 Gundam.
Old 2010-01-01, 15:28   Link #2616
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I don't think Newtype released lineart of it like they did the Qan[t].

I think I'll go with the idea that the spherical "Condenser" is thw Twin Drive in this case,I fing it a bit weird that its still exclusively a Qan[t] feature for the moment when in the 3rd Generations everybody had them.
I think the reason for no one more matching cones, was explain months ago about 'no matching cones' for the gundams in S2. Every GND was moved around/redesign to a certain position to be best used for that the mobile suit. Forgot who post that answer and it was wayy better explain than what said here Looks like CB did not give up on that trend

Quote:
Whilte they're useful as backup weapons,the traditional sabers usually do not contribute much as a main arsenal for 00.The reason is because the main weapons of 00 already had BS Modes,so its better to use them since it does not force you to put your weapon away.Other than that,they're useful as throwing daggers in the case of 00
Yeah, thats what I was attempting to explain myself. 00 and 00R did exactly that.

Quote:
I do agree with you abit there.More specificallty it feels a bit closer to the 1 Gundam.

Infact,someone did a fanart edit and changed the the new lineart image with the old color and the Qan[t] looked alot like 1 Gundam.
Sorry about that, I used Reborns instead of 1 gundam because we saw reborns before 1 gundam. But going by the family tree in the 00 universe, 1 gundam came before reborns

AAAAAAAAnd its looks closer, Happy New Year everyone
Old 2010-01-01, 20:17   Link #2617
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

IMO, I still expect a new twin drive to be created at Jupiter, attempting to fuse two TD blankets into an overall one, and installing it into the GN drive.

Since the trailer announced a new GN drive, I wouldn't bet against that. But, it could also otherwise be newly manufactured GN drives.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 23:34   Link #2618
mike_s_6

There are some very minor updates from kouryakukan about the trailer, thought I'd ping the people here, for those who might be interested.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...58#post2848158
Old 2010-01-02, 01:24   Link #2619
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Seems like all the Gundams got different colors now. I thought they just meant that Raphael's would be changed.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 07:24   Link #2620
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Seems like all the Gundams got different colors now. I thought they just meant that Raphael's would be changed.
I havent heard about that,only Qan[t] and Harute only has confirmed changes as far as I know.Nothing has been said about Zabanya,and while they said that they may change Raphael,we have not confirmed the chnage yet.

Though,by the way things are looking,they will probably get some color changes.

I feel like 00 Qan[t] needs some additions to the design,to make it a bit more seperable than 007S.Then again,007S didnt appear in animation so perhaps it wont feel tried and use afterall.

I'm sure most of us would stop complaining once we get to see them animated,that's what happened last time if I recall correctly.

I am a bit worried about Harute's color change,I feel like archer's color doesnt seem to fit it at all.But,I guess I'll wait and see and hope that I like it.I always end up doing so anyway.

Tags
gundam 00 movie