AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 195 43.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 18.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 60 13.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 36 7.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 20 4.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 2.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 5.30%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-26, 17:32   Link #281
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Kannazuki no Miko? It was several years back, there is no way I can remember exact screenshots. >_>
If you had seen KnM, that pics are exactly what you would hardly forget xD
Old 2010-06-26, 17:35   Link #282
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
If you had seen KnM, that pics are exactly what you would hardly forget xD
Not really. I remember watching the series just to waste time. I haven't had time to fully digest the story nor the characters.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-06-26, 17:36   Link #283
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
It wouldn't help me since I didn't like that show anyways. Actually, I guess that particular part worked for me.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-06-26, 17:41   Link #284
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Not really. I remember watching the series just to waste time. I haven't had time to fully digest the story nor the characters.
Well...then let me correct =X
If you had seen KnM and liked it , that pics are exactly what you would hardly forget xD
Old 2010-06-26, 17:41   Link #285
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
The series was pretty good in my opinion, good enough. I am kind of in need of fanarts of Kanade with short hair to complete this ending.

Edit: So far found 4/5 fanart of that..

Last edited by Izayoi; 2010-06-26 at 17:55.
Old 2010-06-26, 17:46   Link #286
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I remember when people actually hunted down information on their own instead of requesting it.

Here's your answer.
Not like I was the one asking for it, as I personally don't care. Just saying, if it's big enough to tell someone to "get out" because they haven't seen it, it should be big enough to at least mention by name. The ones looking down on others for not seeing it are the ones pushing something, so why should the "customer" have to go looking for information that they're being sold on?

Anyway, this series definitely needs a VN or an expanded series. There were too many characters with too much potential that just didn't get fleshed out.
Old 2010-06-26, 17:54   Link #287
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

How did Otonashi reincarnate? I mean, he was all that left, but it didn't indicate anywhere in the episode that there was any closure for him. Kanade's ticket out was for saying thank you for what he gave her but what about Otonashi?

So confused! But other than that, OtonashixKanade is yesssss!
Old 2010-06-26, 18:14   Link #288
HyCEr

Otonashi couldn't disappear because all his friends were there. Now that all his friends and kanade were gone. He had no reason to stay in there..... and In the ending, where there pictures disappear one by one. Otonashi's picture disappeared too. that means Otonashi disappeared just like Kanade.
By the Way, I though about Otonashi X Kanade since ep 8....
Old 2010-06-26, 18:17   Link #289
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
The vice presidents iron ruling (name eludes me momentarily)
You mean Ayato Naoi? Nah. Nothing wrong with his methods; I actually like them.

Quote:
I've just rewatched ep 1 by chance and started to remember about my expectation back then. Now i feels desperate of how things turn out during the course of this anime.

Angel Beat has potential to make a real hit. Why do they have to rush up toward the ending for? If they have more time, the drama will work better also.
And I agree with this in it's entirety.
Old 2010-06-26, 19:21   Link #290
matteas
Member Member

To cut a long story short, I've enjoyed this series a lot. Kanade x Otonashi is something I'd wished for but it surprised me that it came true. All in all, this last episode was so typical of Maeda. Farewell/death/whatever followed by sudden unexpected(well, expected because it's Maeda we're talking about) miracle. The miracle in Angel Beats! is that reincarnated Otonashi encounters reincarnated Kanade as it was indicated at the very end. And Girls Dead Monster have reunited themselves too, since Kanade was listening to their song.

What I liked the most about this anime was the atmosphere. I guess the atmosphere seemed so amazing to me that I would have enjoyed it regardless of the story. Provided the atmosphere remains the same, of course. It just made the whole series for me. I can't think of any anime where I would find the atmosphere so great. Hats off to Maeda Jun.
Old 2010-06-26, 20:19   Link #291
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWish View Post
I enjoyed the series , and i hope for a season 2 but , unfortunately it dosent look like going to be a season 2.
Spoiler for my last questions:
Kanade died in theory of something for sure and I think the heart was not the cause at all but it could have been other complications that issued from the heart itself. Otonashi came to terms that he wanted to see Kanade so he passed on to another life with most likely that in mind or found someone else to replace him as a guide to guide other people. The love was there because Otonashi knew Kanade was kind of lonely and that is why he though she needed love besides a lot of people here though Kanade needed not only love from a lover but friendship love. for Kanade from me as being friendly with her and Otonashi if I could IRL.
Old 2010-06-26, 20:57   Link #292
Tadde

I followed this series, just finished it, love the characters/design/Story key is behind, but this Anime is far away from what i had expected, even if it's a different animation company and doesn't hold up to what KyotoAni achieved with Air,Kanon & Clannad on an emotionally impact. Angel Beats story was rushed, Otonashis confession was completely random, tons of other things to be covered. Although i felt a bit sad at Yui & Kanade disapearances , but it doesn't make my shred any tears while i still cry rivers rewatching Clannad After Story.I'm sure this series would be alot better if KyotoAni was behind the visuals.

Now that i've let that go of my chest, i give this series a 6/10. and definitely hoping for OVAs.
Old 2010-06-26, 21:10   Link #293
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadde View Post
I followed this series, just finished it, love the characters/design/Story key is behind, but this Anime is far away from what i had expected, even if it's a different animation company and doesn't hold up to what KyotoAni achieved with Air,Kanon & Clannad on an emotionally impact. Angel Beats story was rushed, Otonashis confession was completely random, tons of other things to be covered. Although i felt a bit sad at Yui & Kanade disapearances , but it doesn't make my shred any tears while i still cry rivers rewatching Clannad After Story.I'm sure this series would be alot better if KyotoAni was behind the visuals.

Now that i've let that go of my chest, i give this series a 6/10. and definitely hoping for OVAs.
Yea, that's pretty much how I feel. Though the visuals for this anime are already great; I don't think KyoAni would have necessarily done better there.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-06-26, 21:11   Link #294
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

they totally shafted a good amount of the story, which is why my overall series rating will be lowish. this ep i rated an 8 because the ending was good, but the first half was so rushed.

maybe now Key will hire PA Works for a planetarian anime. (5 years and counting...) if anything, Kyoani's visuals would be worse. their recent outings have been disappointing. PA Works portfolio, though smaller, is of high quality.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-06-26, 21:29   Link #295
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I felt that the anime is way too rushed to be really good here. They could have slowed it down a little.

Pretty gripping storyline. Yurippe's acceptance was probably the thing that ended it all....however I wished they would have shown how the others passed on too, especially Shiina and TK. Also it would be great if they have a cameo of Hinata and Yui together at the end.

One of the things I wondered was how TK came into this world, and how Shiina came in here too. They seem to lead normal lives.

Planetarian would be much harder to make into an anime due to the lack of characters other than the MC and that robot.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-06-26, 21:35   Link #296
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Planetarian would be much harder to make into an anime due to the lack of characters other than the MC and that robot.
Why would it be "hard to make into an anime" because of this? If anything, it'd be easier.
Old 2010-06-26, 21:38   Link #297
Altercation

I've got this weird love/hate relationship with Angel Beats!. On one hand I love the concept and in general, I really enjoyed the show, as it came with some very, very memorable moments and episodes (episode nine really comes to mind) but on the other hand, the pacing of the show is really, really schizophrenic.

I eventually got used to the dramedy styling going from slapstick hilarity to moments of sadness, but I just feel like it could of been so much more, and that could of been really helped if it happened to be around twenty-four episodes. If nothing else but to flesh out character relationships and some development. Moments that should of been very sad just had a really lessened impact because half the characters who disappeared hardly got any screen-time prior and we knew almost nothing about them.

The remaining girls of Girl's Dead Monster for example. It was a long extended conversation with Otonashi that had all the stylings of evoking sadness, but I never felt really that sad. I didn't know anything about them. But to take another issue that I had been a little bothered with was Yui, or to be more specific, the dynamic between Yui and Hinata. If we could see some more interactions between them that weren't all just teasing and whatnot, and not something just... out of the blue. Granted, you can never discount the fact that Hinata was just lying so Yui could pass on peacefully, but the way they handled it makes me think it was intended to be genuine.

Maeda is great at eliciting meaningful reactions out of people, but the problem is just that we haven't had enough time with the majority of the characters to care about them as much as we could of (that's not to say Angel Beats! lacks any developed characters though) and a lot of this could of been solved by a longer season.

I guess I'm just rambling and apparently there's a light novel I haven't read that supplements the anime, so maybe the novel helps alleviate some of the issues I had with Angel Beats!.

Regardless, I actually quite enjoyed the ending of Angel Beats!. Maybe I'm easily pleased, but I really just kept to my suspension of disbelief towards the situation and took concessions regarding how time flows in regards to the place and the 'real world'. They shoved pretty much every plot relevant thing to the very back and I feel like the writing basically shoved them into a corner. After how lackluster 12 was... it was very much an improvement.
Old 2010-06-26, 21:55   Link #298
Silverwyrm

As far as how Yuri acted int his episode as well, I feel its believable given...its over. She's over her troubles, the battlefront is gone, the school is empty, it really was all over and gone.

But as stated again in my above post...it was too sudden, too rushed which made it feel awkward =/
Old 2010-06-26, 21:58   Link #299
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Why would it be "hard to make into an anime" because of this? If anything, it'd be easier.
Story elements. It is difficult to tell a story where everything is laid out bare, especially in animated features where the player doesn't have to do anything but watch and think.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-06-26, 22:22   Link #300
Velsy

I just want to say this.

The re-encarnation of Otanishi and Kanade is to ensure you understood that Ontanshi didnt staying in that world and end up like the guy who wrote the Angel software after Kanade dissppeared. If you didnt understand everyone dissappearing in the final ED, that recarnation was to ensure you knew Otanashi moved on too since it ended with him clutching at thin air.

Does that clear up some missunderstandings ?

On a side note (since I dont have alot of time to explain how I felt) I probably would of gave this series a 10 if it had been longer and more information/interaction on the other characters. The ending to the baseball episode was imo also a major flaw. It was a silly ending probably missing out on its 10.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Closed Thread