AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-08, 22:19   Link #61
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
That being said, I hope they don't make the authorities from our reality completely incompetent or powerless (it seems that missiles and car crashes could theoretically hurt that villain girl seeing that she actually bothered to block them). It would be amusing to see a group of light novel authors and anime staff meeting with top JSDF brass in order to develop tactics against own creations.
That would be really interesting! I wonder what would happen if someone as powerfull as Goku is summoned there tho..lol
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 22:46   Link #62
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
That's just one way the author could go with it. Take the Flash of Two Worlds for example, the author could that route and have the characters be real people and the authors be people who are physically receiving details of their life, or the author could go further with it and have their world be real, but the author manipulating their lives from our world.

Going to what you said about books writing themselves, as somewhat of an author and a student of literature, I can tell you that in a way books do write themselves. Once you've fully fleshed out a character, oftentimes you find that rather than you deciding what they do, you simply imagine what they'd do based on how you've written them. A thin distinction, but one that has meaning, especially in a series like this.

It all goes back to the question of how real these characters are exactly. Are they simply puppets receiving commands from their creators? Did they become real from the moment their backstory was fleshed out? How much of an effect will their mode of creation have on them? Will it just be existential shock? Or something more?
That seems unlikely. If they decide to change the parameters and go with some alternate reality, then that's just dodging the issue.

I know what your saying and I can tell you that that is not the case. Authors don't always understand specifically where they're getting their inspirations from, but they can only write from what they know, their own experiences, and they can't write from what they don't know or never experienced. In times like these, they can only look at their finished works in retrospect and guess what experiences they were writing from. Given the same premise, two authors with different experiences would naturally produce different stories. The fact remains that only you, the creator, had the final say because only you could write what happened next. What could have been doesn't matter since it never was.
Old 2017-04-08, 22:54   Link #63
Deim |Envy| Astaroth

I came here expecting Grant Morrison meta mind-fuck shit, what i got was a anime version of Westworld, not like i complain.
Deim |Envy| Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 23:12   Link #64
n0m@n
C-Z

Hmm, that's odd.
I can find CD for OP and ED for preorder fo re:creator. But nothing on Bluray/DVD. Wonder why its not on preorder since all of the series are available for preorder once the season starts.
Old 2017-04-08, 23:14   Link #65
cabman11

So apparently Rei has been trying to get this anime made for YEARS and it was originally meant to be an original story featuring characters from various real works including Fate and be a battle royal.

The reason it failed? The different creators kept bickering over which one of their characters was going to win it and how the story should go.

Oh well.

Saber VS Mikoto never.
Old 2017-04-08, 23:33   Link #66
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
So apparently Rei has been trying to get this anime made for YEARS and it was originally meant to be an original story featuring characters from various real works including Fate and be a battle royal.

The reason it failed? The different creators kept bickering over which one of their characters was going to win it and how the story should go.

Oh well.

Saber VS Mikoto never.
Omg... is that for real? It would be a nice concept similar to what happens in the Marvel or DC universe. Too bad the idea was shut down by such a stupid detail
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 23:33   Link #67
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
That would be really interesting! I wonder what would happen if someone as powerfull as Goku is summoned there tho..lol
The meeting would probably go something like this (also been over a decade since I saw the official power levels or watched Dragonball, so could be wrong):

Spoiler for Meeting between Toriyama, the JSDF, or US Forces Japan:

That, or if the Japanese authorities are not completely incompetent or written out of this story, they might issue an order that, until a means has been established to prevent further fictional incursions into our reality, all authors must nerf any overpowered characters to make them vulnerable to conventional small arms fire.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 23:46   Link #68
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:

Oh well.

Saber VS Mikoto never.
And here I was thinking whether to bring this up. Thanks, man.

Quote:
Omg... is that for real? It would be a nice concept similar to what happens in the Marvel or DC universe. Too bad the idea was shut down by such a stupid detail
No one wants their character to be the first to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
That, or if the Japanese authorities are not completely incompetent or written out of this story, they might issue an order that, until a means has been established to prevent further fictional incursions into our reality, all authors must nerf any overpowered characters to make them vulnerable to conventional small arms fire.
Cue all MCs acquiring Lelouch levels of intelligence or incredibly situational powers to make up for it, because creators still have to make it sell somehow, then the former use the latter to their ultimate potential. Alternatively, two characters with harmless individual powers combine forces in a way that makes them unstoppable. OR, characters with totally harmless powers in their worlds find new ways to use them in this one. I've seen series that make the ability to dig holes or make rainbow bridges utterly terrifying.

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2017-04-09 at 00:17.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 23:53   Link #69
cabman11

Quote:
No you're wrong. It would be a shit Fest the likes of which has never been seen. The Internet would be divided like no other time in recent history. Every thread would be a literal war zone
Old 2017-04-08, 23:54   Link #70
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Can you imagine the shitstorm if it actually happened though? Everyone would be arguing like mad when their favourite character lost.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2017-04-09 at 00:34.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 00:04   Link #71
Applehell

I more or less echo the general thoughts on the audiovisual begin quite good and plotting and direction leaning on the iffy side as of now. The dialogue is a bit too pretentious as well, mostly whenever that white haired twin tailed girl is on screen. Nerdy Joe is about as bland as he looks so there no surprise there. It's a decent premiere all in all though.

One thing I'm really curious about though was who that sucide girl in beginning was. That part totally seems disconnected from rest of episode/premise...
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 01:05   Link #72
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Another silly "Re:Creators with real characters and authors moment:

Spoiler for Meanwhile, in America....:
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 01:12   Link #73
Xeiros

What would happen if they met their voice actors?
Old 2017-04-09, 01:37   Link #74
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 03:18   Link #75
RDNexus

Quote:
No you're wrong. It would be a shit Fest the likes of which has never been seen. The Internet would be divided like no other time in recent history. Every thread would be a literal war zone
Wouldn't it be nice if Rei were to properly unveil which stories did he have in mind, at first?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 03:32   Link #76
Botan_TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Your thinking too small. A real omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent god/creator does not predict the future. They decided it. A creator creates EVERYTHING, including time which obviously does not apply to them and every event that happens. This is their omnipotence. They decide what they create and this makes them omniscient. How could you not know what you're making? You're a creator and there's a box. You know the box contains a teddy bear because you decided it contained one. You decided a girl put it in there and made it happen. You made everything so its only natural you know everything. This is omniscience.

In the case of this show, the authors are the creators and the stories they write are their creations. Stories don't write themselves. The authors decide the the story and write it down.
I would rather say, that your thinking is so big that you are omitting important details and falls into false dilemma.
Firstly, author decide how he writes a story, he may write a story, where cause and effect to not exist, because things every time are decided by god (such philosophy developed at some point in Muslim world, causing it to fall behind West in development). But as we know now, such things like law of nature exist. So analogy may not hold a point here, if God self-restraint himself.
Aside that, you need to decide what free will is, and change point of view to a being, which exist in such world. If free will for you means, that to have power to determine you existence and northing else can predetermine your "settings" without your control, then in fact unless something is an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent being, it cant have a free will. With such thinking, even if such being do not exist, but world simply exist with law of nature created randomly, then I still do not have a free will, because my whole life was already determined during Big Bang, but without any being backing that. In such case it doesn't matter, if omnipotent god exist or not, when talking about existence of free will, so discussions about god deciding about our life is pointless by default, because our life is determined either way.
I disagree with such definition of free will, for me free will means, that being can make a decisions based on collected informations, experience and inborn characteristics, then I have a free will, in case when I want a apple, but something forcefully remove that thought from my existence, then my free will is taken away.
The only way to created a conflict between my free will and God free will would be to add to my "settings" a confirmed information, what God wills and decide about my actions, so I may oppose it. Unless this happen, from my point of view, there is no intervention into my natural state and I have free will.

Another thing comes together with probabilistic nature of physical phenomena at atomic scales, described in quantum mechanics. Maybe God created a spectrum of infinite possibilities, and so had given us part of his free will, but aside that, he knows a outcome? Although that's would be a paradox, but from the other hand, do he cared about what happens and what outcome would be? What, if he let some things just be randomly and accepted results? Then off course you may argue back, that god by deciding about letting things be randomly or not determined world anyway, but with your thinking free will simply do not exist whether god or Bing Bang created us.

Of course all of that assuming, that omnipotent creator and creations and completely separated disconnect things, because if not, then things became even more interesting.

PS. I'm complete amateur in philosophy.
Old 2017-04-09, 04:58   Link #77
AntonKutovoi

Last Action Hero: anime version.
It was good first episode. Let's see how it goes further.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 05:20   Link #78
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quite the action packed first episode. Last Action Hero: anime version indeed.

The intriguing thing is that I've heard this a 2 cour anime. This could develop in quite interesting directions.
Old 2017-04-09, 05:37   Link #79
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
Firstly, author decide how he writes a story, he may write a story, where cause and effect to not exist, because things every time are decided by god (such philosophy developed at some point in Muslim world, causing it to fall behind West in development).
That is simply not true. Look here. That was when the people were still properly applied the faith. A proper Islamic faith did not, does not, and will not cause scientific and technological degradation or stagnation. It's more to do with the nation's (socio) economical condition and whether or not the said nation choose to pursue said advancement. Conflicts also play some role.
Old 2017-04-09, 06:53   Link #80
Botan_TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That is simply not true. Look here. That was when the people were still properly applied the faith. A proper Islamic faith did not, does not, and will not cause scientific and technological degradation or stagnation. It's more to do with the nation's (socio) economical condition and whether or not the said nation choose to pursue said advancement. Conflicts also play some role.
It's not a place to argue about Muslims and so what is properly applied or nor, so I just drop a link about mentioned philosophical theory: Occasionalism.

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning