Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-29, 07:43   Link #2061
bongky

Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliminalCorruption View Post
(spoiler)

At the end, Lucy was standing in front of the Army and they opened fire, and they showed one of her horns flying in the air, then they showed a silouette of a person knocking on the door. I was thinking that it was her and she purposely got rid of those horns so she could start her new life murder-free. All the confessions she made to Kohta at the end, it seemed as if she was truly sorry for all the pain she'd caused, and quite possibly she may turn over a new leaf!

There's some posts saying there may not be a 2nd Season of Elfen Lied, and the reasoning behind it is true unfortunately. Hopefully they'll think of something...
Really?? But I have heard of rumor saying that the second season will be coming out in the year 2008. By the way, Past Prime..you surely rocks. I can't doubt that your taste and observation for anime is topnotch. Somehow you are able view anime at a different angle. You surely rock.;
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 08:18   Link #2062
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Second season of elfen lied? If they make it , it will probably be a remake.
Old 2007-12-29, 14:22   Link #2063
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Quote:
Hmm....this means you haven't even seen the manga yet then...haha
Er... duh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
Dude..where do you live?? In Malaysia??
Er... I live in da UK.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 18:24   Link #2064
bongky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Second season of elfen lied? If they make it , it will probably be a remake.
As if dude...but now I only receive information that it might be released in the year 2008 and there is a high possibility they won't remake it.
Old 2007-12-30, 18:28   Link #2065
bongky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Er... duh?

Er... I live in da UK.
Is it true you live in the UK?? Because I find that rather hard to believe...
Old 2007-12-31, 14:34   Link #2066
PastPrime

Quote:
As if dude...but now I only receive information that it might be released in the year 2008 and there is a high possibility they won't remake it.
Actually, I would be happy with either a remake that stayed closer to the manga or an Anime Universe continuation.

If it was a remake then I would hope that they would go a little futher at the end so we could see how everyone was 10 years after and what their reactions would be.
And, if it was a continuation of the anime story then I would hope for an ending where Lucy got to remain at the Maple Inn and her personalities merged, so in the end, she would be a combination of Lucy and Nyu. No longer evil but able and willing to use her powers to protect her friends.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 17:51   Link #2067
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Quote:
Is it true you live in the UK?? Because I find that rather hard to believe...
Yes, that is what I said. And you don't need to repeat it. And why?
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 22:58   Link #2068
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Talking Happy New Year

Today is a special day......1st of January 2008..woot.This year is the year of the Olympics and the year where rumor says it.....season 2 of Elfen Lied...oO. Oh man, I am so excited over it...just hope that the original DVD will reach Sarawak faster. Happy New Year to everyone and a prosperous year ahead of you.
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 23:47   Link #2069
bongky

Cool Dude, you rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Actually, I would be happy with either a remake that stayed closer to the manga or an Anime Universe continuation.

If it was a remake then I would hope that they would go a little futher at the end so we could see how everyone was 10 years after and what their reactions would be.
And, if it was a continuation of the anime story then I would hope for an ending where Lucy got to remain at the Maple Inn and her personalities merged, so in the end, she would be a combination of Lucy and Nyu. No longer evil but able and willing to use her powers to protect her friends.
Dude...you surely rocks..But I do hope they will follow your second prediction because I don't want to see what happen 10 years later cause the ending is very sad and I think I might not be able to accept it.

Your second opinion is much better as I also hoped Lucy personality will become back to one and she would be able to be with Kouta.
Old 2008-01-01, 23:56   Link #2070
Fate lover

Cool Definitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post

I 100% concur with your idea. Just hope that they will release season 2 soon.... Don't know why but I think I am addicted to Elfen Lied already....

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-01-02, 15:16   Link #2071
adenz16

i am addicted to the anime already. hopefully they make a second
adenz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 17:41   Link #2072
Fate lover

Thumbs up

Elfen Lied is considered one of the best anime published, so it is no wonder you are addicted to the anime. This shows that you have a good taste for anime, keep it up

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-01-03, 13:27   Link #2073
SubliminalCorruption

Send a message via AIM to SubliminalCorruption Send a message via MSN to SubliminalCorruption Send a message via Yahoo to SubliminalCorruption
Really? Elfen Lied considered one of the best anime published? Wow. Seeing as how i recently became a fan of Anime, and Elfen Lied is probably the third series of Anime i've ever seen (probably the first series i've actualy watched beginning to end), i guess i started off pretty strong lol.

I fell in love with Elfen Lied by the third episode, and even IF they make a remake, please believe i wll be tuned in.

=]
SubliminalCorruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 13:46   Link #2074
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Well it's considered by me to be one of the best. *points to top ten at sig*
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 18:25   Link #2075
Fate lover

Talking Elfen Lied manga

Do anyone where to watch the Elfen Lied manga(translated version) on the internet. Please introduce me the website cause I felt watching the anime is not enough since the anime ended so fast Thanks a million

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-01-03, 18:26   Link #2076
bongky

Smile Happy New Year^^

Everyone have a nice and prosperous New Year. Forget those sad memories in the year 2007 and look forward to a happy 2008 to enjoy your life with.
Old 2008-01-06, 02:34   Link #2077
CrazySunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
Do anyone where to watch the Elfen Lied manga(translated version) on the internet. Please introduce me the website cause I felt watching the anime is not enough since the anime ended so fast Thanks a million
Okay, anytime you are looking for online manga try onemanga, and then mangavolume. But, onemanga.com has it so I saved you the trouble. It's getting more intense with chapter 81.

Elfen Lied was not one of the best anime published, yes it was great, but not phenomenal.
CrazySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 06:12   Link #2078
Fate lover

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySunshine View Post
Okay, anytime you are looking for online manga try onemanga, and then mangavolume. But, onemanga.com has it so I saved you the trouble. It's getting more intense with chapter 81.

Elfen Lied was not one of the best anime published, yes it was great, but not phenomenal.
Thanks for the information but Elfen Lied is one of the best anime produced because it has never stopped winning awards ever since it is published and just won the annual best anime title on the first annual anime gathering 2007 in the USA.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern

Last edited by Fate lover; 2008-01-06 at 06:27.
Old 2008-01-06, 06:26   Link #2079
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Is there even a single trustworthy evidence that there will be a season 2?

Elfen Lied is great, I love endings like that. Lucy being dead or alive? The decision is yours.
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 06:28   Link #2080
Raptor73
ブラック・ロック・シューター

Send a message via MSN to Raptor73
Awards don't always mean something is phenomenal, but I must admit that Elfen Lied is an anime far above the ordinary majority. It certainly deserves to be put in with the cult classics such as Neon Genesis Evangelion and the likes. Considering the success of Elfen Lied, a second season would make perfect sense from a production standpoint, since its already proven that creating it would not be high risk since there is already a strong fan base that would support the series. The major issue that we all need to worry about is whether they do follow the manga storyline, or whether they do yet another deviation albeit at a different point. Although I wouldn't mind a deviation, there is the risk the a deviation could spoil the whole series, and I sincerely hope that this doesn't happen.

Elfen Lied is truly an exceptional series, and a second series would just be too cool for words. I just hope that the popularity of the series is noticed by American Licensing companies so the Manga can be officially translated into English. Waiting for fan translations is making me so tense, I just want more!!!

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen