Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-23, 21:27   Link #121
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
I actually liked Gloria the most, followed by Paaku & Maya. Reina the least.
Similar here, I like Gloria and Maya most, followed by Paku, and Reina least. but then after episode 10 I like Reina a bit better now, I mean, I always want to see some anime main character who actually likes and knows how to enjoy life.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 09:52   Link #122
dreamless

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-27, 22:37   Link #123
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

I followed this series for the first three episodes, but I didn't like the second two much (completely different from the first!) and I downloaded 4 but never watched it. But from what you guys are saying, I see I should keep watching?

Thanks for the advice!
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 23:21   Link #124
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
4 and 5 are pretty hilarious with 2 of the funniest characters being introduced
i would say if these eps dont hold you, stop watching
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 01:38   Link #125
Lucier
Lunar Translator

Episode 11 reminds me most of episode 1...

Those 2 are my favorites at least (1 and 11)
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 12:13   Link #126
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
I've been liking Rena cause she's such a bitch, and Gloria because... well... she's Gloria.

Maia is also getting interesting too.
AkihaTohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 12:21   Link #127
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I like all the girls because of their different attributes.

Strange, in the past people would scorn at gullible characters like Maya, what with her constant "..anu..anu" whining.

But yes I like her, and I'm so rooting for her.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 14:29   Link #128
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
I like all the girls because of their different attributes.

Strange, in the past people would scorn at gullible characters like Maya, what with her constant "..anu..anu" whining.

But yes I like her, and I'm so rooting for her.
othing beats gloria, she so predictable but so ridiculously funny you just have to love her
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 22:01   Link #129
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier
Episode 11 reminds me most of episode 1...

Those 2 are my favorites at least (1 and 11)

That's good. As long as they get back to the excellent episode 1 mood, I'm happy!
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 01:36   Link #130
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier
Spoiler:
Really???? I love KGNE maybe i should definitly check out this one.
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 02:06   Link #131
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavarock
Really???? I love KGNE maybe i should definitly check out this one.
Lol, I don't wanna spoil it for you but the rest of the episodes are as distant from KGNE as a series can possibly be. Episode 1 is depressing but just not in the same way as KGNE is in my opinion. Still pretty sad, you really feel for her and everything. But its just different.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 02:11   Link #132
dreamless

yea this is nothing like KGNE...
Old 2004-03-30, 03:51   Link #133
Lucier
Lunar Translator

I wrote that after ep1... which was what I thought at that point
tho after that it dies off =/
losses it's l33tness I guess...
tho ep 10 and 11 are seeming to breath some life back into it =0
sorry to anyone watching subbed ver >.>... I've been lazy... hopefully 7-11'll be done soon ^^;
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 12:51   Link #134
Freddy C
Invincible

Send a message via MSN to Freddy C
the screenshots are loking great, but i have to say a lot of mixed feelings on this one, someppl say its good, some hates it...

and man, too many people are too quick to judge, i mean some animes dont get off until half way like witch hunter robin, and KGNE one of the best anime IMO only got really exciting at the end of eps. 2

but i'll definitly get this, i think its worth watching. btw is this more comedy, ecchi, drama or romance?
Freddy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 13:28   Link #135
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy C
the screenshots are loking great, but i have to say a lot of mixed feelings on this one, someppl say its good, some hates it...

and man, too many people are too quick to judge, i mean some animes dont get off until half way like witch hunter robin, and KGNE one of the best anime IMO only got really exciting at the end of eps. 2

but i'll definitly get this, i think its worth watching. btw is this more comedy, ecchi, drama or romance?
the first two episodes make you think it's a drama series but nothing can be more wrong... It's a action/comedy series, some call it ecchi since the ladies do wear rather skimpy outfits that just *barely* cover the sensitive spots. It's fun and entertaining to watch but don't expect a high-end story like KGNE, just pure amusement...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 21:14   Link #136
Phych

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
the first two episodes make you think it's a drama series but nothing can be more wrong... It's a action/comedy series, some call it ecchi since the ladies do wear rather skimpy outfits that just *barely* cover the sensitive spots. It's fun and entertaining to watch but don't expect a high-end story like KGNE, just pure amusement...
Its all of the above!
Phych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 01:27   Link #137
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Episode 13 surprised me by bringing back some old characters but actually fleshing them out along with a new character.

This episode also turns out to be the most funny episode so far for me. The many 'ano's from a restored newb Maia was the perfect foil & set-up for the laugh sequences. Gun-crazy Gloria in her short appearances is just too crazy not to be laughed at. But the bulk of the comedy is actually provided by our returning baka threesome.

Spoiler for new character:

This series is improving lots by my counts.

Note: This series takes place in our world. You can see sunken New York & Paris.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 08:42   Link #138
dreamless

episode 13 is fantastic! and somehow all those re-used jokes are even funnier this time
Old 2004-04-12, 08:42   Link #139
Anthias

Quote:
This series is improving lots by my counts.
Yes, it seems to be. I felt I should give it a go in the beginning. But unfortunately I haven't the ability to understand much of the original japanese, and the fansubbers seem not too keen to push them out. It's a shame that. I wish people hadn't badmouthed it when it had just started! now they think nobody wants it, and well, I guess the torrents must have been poorly attended as well, so I probably wouldn't be too keen to work on subbing it either, but still - I gotta feed my need for the Yu and Gloria conflict! I might just go get some raws and be unable to understand most of them.

This show is a good laugh. I only hope that it gets a bit more of a following as it progresses. THen the sub-torrents will be more popular, hopefully generating more subbing interest For the record, I think the subbers that have done eps 1 to 6 have done a fine job. It's low on screen, but its verry clear and well timed. And the few snippets of the language I know pick up nothing wrong - not even any context issues. I thank them for the eps they gave!.
Anthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 11:05   Link #140
outlaw55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthias
Yes, it seems to be. I felt I should give it a go in the beginning. But unfortunately I haven't the ability to understand much of the original japanese, and the fansubbers seem not too keen to push them out. It's a shame that. I wish people hadn't badmouthed it when it had just started! now they think nobody wants it, and well, I guess the torrents must have been poorly attended as well, so I probably wouldn't be too keen to work on subbing it either, but still - I gotta feed my need for the Yu and Gloria conflict! I might just go get some raws and be unable to understand most of them.

This show is a good laugh. I only hope that it gets a bit more of a following as it progresses. THen the sub-torrents will be more popular, hopefully generating more subbing interest For the record, I think the subbers that have done eps 1 to 6 have done a fine job. It's low on screen, but its verry clear and well timed. And the few snippets of the language I know pick up nothing wrong - not even any context issues. I thank them for the eps they gave!.
That is not it, first we have to get the work DONE!!! We had some problems that set us back on a FEW projects, you ppl can stop ya bitching now, 7 will be released TODAY, and I will add that it is the BEST ep of Daphne YET!!! (that is subbed...)
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote