AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-02, 22:01   Link #2081
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Wait.. So in front of the Emperor, he's the KoO, then back at home, he's the head of a family (with companies/other sources of influence) who has no idea that he's a KoO? I can live with that.
Remember, he has governor-generalship over an Area of his choosing. Which pertains to 'buisiness'. Kallen has dual identities, who's to say her father doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Hmm, true enough...

So then, we'd have an upcoming father versus daughter-fight? The Guren against.. Well, whatever his KMF is called
The reason I say all this, is that I cannot figure how he will play into the plot. He is, arguably, the most powerful pilot in the world. What exactly can anyone in the Order do to him? He's also shown as a man who dislikes war, so his role, I doubt, will be battle related (much).
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 22:03   Link #2082
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, we're onto something obviously. If true, this will really shift Kallen's heritage issue into full gear, particularly if Kallen eventually finds out.
Old 2008-07-02, 22:05   Link #2083
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Remember, he has governor-generalship over an Area of his choosing. Which pertains to 'buisiness'. Kallen has dual identities, who's to say her father doesn't.
Then why didn't he take Area 11? Granted there were royalty that were interested in the job but he could have taken that job during the year after the Black Rebellion so he could, well look for his daughter or something. I dunno having a dual identity is fine, but someone as famous as the Knight of One should be pretty well known, especially his family lineage as that seems to be pretty important to Britannian society.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 22:06   Link #2084
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Then why didn't he take Area 11? Granted there were royalty that were interested in the job but he could have taken that job during the year after the Black Rebellion so he could, well look for his daughter or something. I dunno having a dual identity is fine, but someone as famous as the Knight of One should be pretty well known, especially his family lineage as that seems to be pretty important to Britannian society.
If he takes Area 11, with questions floating around about his daughter, he'd ruin everything he's done for her. Taking some other area, takes eyes from his family.

If Lelouch can exist without anyone at all questioning his identity, same as Kallen, I don't see why the KoO cannot hide his own identity.
Old 2008-07-02, 22:07   Link #2085
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Hmm, true enough...

So then, we'd have an upcoming father versus daughter-fight? The Guren against.. Well, whatever his KMF is called
So let me get this straight you think Kallen could even go up against the most powerful pilot in the CG universe yeah she'll be dead with just a glare from his eye (let Suzaku handle it)
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 22:07   Link #2086
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
The KoO seems to be one of Charles's secret weapons, so I doubt he's really well-known.
Old 2008-07-02, 22:07   Link #2087
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
So let me get this straight you think Kallen could even go up against the most powerful pilot in the CG universe yeah she'll be dead with just a glare from his eye (let Suzaku handle it)
Well, if he's her father, and if he truly loves his daughter, he'll likely lose to her on purpose.
Old 2008-07-02, 22:08   Link #2088
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Well, good point.

Quote:
The reason I say all this, is that I cannot figure how he will play into the plot. He is, arguably, the most powerful pilot in the world. What exactly can anyone in the Order do to him? He's also shown as a man who dislikes war, so his role, I doubt, will be battle related (much).
Well, if he really is Kallen's father it's quite the plot revelation indeed - and it'd of coruse make an eventual confrontation between them so much more shocking...
Would also be ironic; the daughter of the KoO, becoming the "knight" of Lelouch, the son of his own lord...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 22:09   Link #2089
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
If he takes Area 11, with questions floating around about his daughter, he'd ruin everything he's done for her. Taking some other area, takes eyes from his family.
He doesn't have to specifically ask about his daughter, I mean it would be his job hunting for the remnants of the Black Knights. He could tell them to take her alive so she could be questioned about the Black Knights. If he really managed to keep his Stadtfeld name hidden, then it shouldn't raise much suspicion.
Old 2008-07-02, 22:09   Link #2090
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:

Well, if he really is Kallen's father it's quite the plot revelation indeed - and it'd of coruse make an eventual confrontation between them so much more shocking...
Would also be ironic; the daughter of the KoO, becoming the "knight" of Lelouch, the son of his own lord...
Probably explains why Kallen is so damn good at piloting herself.

To tidy up Var's speculation, the KoO is Kallen's father, under an alias. Being part of the shadow that surrounds Charles, his identity was never under the spotlight. In his civilian identity, he wields influence, and has a family.
Old 2008-07-02, 22:10   Link #2091
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Well, we're onto something obviously. If true, this will really shift Kallen's heritage issue into full gear, particularly if Kallen eventually finds out.
Can we please get off this now since it doesn't even make any sense for her to be his daughter in the first place wow she has great piloting skills so she must be related to the Knight of one

Quote:
Probably explains why Kallen is so damn good at piloting herself.
I don't kno maybe hard work its not like she's Suzaku and after reading a manual became a great pilot
Old 2008-07-02, 22:13   Link #2092
Var
Banned

Quote:
Can we please get off this now since it doesn't even make any sense for her to be his daughter in the first place wow she has great piloting skills so she must be related to the Knight of one
It's ten times better than the other rampant discussions in most other discussions where everyone is bitching about everything. This is just a humorous discussion.

Quote:
I don't kno maybe hard work its not like she's Suzaku and after reading a manual became a great pilot
She accomplished it in two years, that's pretty damn good.
Old 2008-07-02, 22:13   Link #2093
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:

I would argue the opposite. It is certainly not impossible; Var has kindled my interest in this theory.

A daughter who thought that she knew her father: Certainly has something worth using. Also, for Kallen to be shocked in place by someone whom she never really cared much about....
Old 2008-07-02, 22:15   Link #2094
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
To tidy up Var's speculation, the KoO is Kallen's father, under an alias. Being part of the shadow that surrounds Charles, his identity was never under the spotlight. In his civilian identity, he wields influence, and has a family.
Something like that, yeah. Hmm, but if he's the KoO, I can see that it would more or less gurantee that Kallen will return to the OotBk: so that we can see that father/daughter confrontation at the end...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 22:16   Link #2095
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

And I agree with Var, this seems to be one of the more interesting discussions going on right now. Besides this is just all hypothetical.
Old 2008-07-02, 22:16   Link #2096
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
The KoO seems to be one of Charles's secret weapons, so I doubt he's really well-known.
If that's the case, why are the other Knights of the Rounds so famous? Considering he's the Knight of One, wouldn't he the most famous?
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 22:17   Link #2097
Var
Banned

Quote:
He doesn't have to specifically ask about his daughter, I mean it would be his job hunting for the remnants of the Black Knights. He could tell them to take her alive so she could be questioned about the Black Knights. If he really managed to keep his Stadtfeld name hidden, then it shouldn't raise much suspicion.
I meant taking governorship of Area 11. He can easily get access to Kallen if he needed too, as he seems to have a substantial amount of power/say unlike the other KoR.
Old 2008-07-02, 22:17   Link #2098
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
I would argue the opposite. It is certainly not impossible; Var has kindled my interest in this theory.

A daughter who thought that she knew her father: Certainly has something worth using. Also, for Kallen to be shocked in place by someone whom she never really cared much about....
Well than I suppose Suzaku's father was a great pilot himself that's how he gain all those awesome skills in such a short amount of time. And if its so possible could you please give reasons that are valid instead of the obvious
Old 2008-07-02, 22:18   Link #2099
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If that's the case, why are the other Knights of the Rounds so famous? Considering he's the Knight of One, wouldn't he the most famous?
Letting others bask in the spotlight, while the best remains hidden in the shadows: It is a valid strategy. Charles may like to brag (something Lulu no doubt inherited), but I think he likes to keep this under wraps, or at least under false information).

Quote:
Well than I suppose Suzaku's father was a great pilot himself that's how he gain all those awesome skills in such a short amount of time. And if its so possible could you please give reasons that are valid instead of the obvious
Actually, our starting basis isn't the skills part. That's coincidence.
Old 2008-07-02, 22:19   Link #2100
Var
Banned

Quote:
Suzaku has been explained to have gained supernatural abilities... so your counter argument failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Likely because, unlike the other KoR, he seems far more cunning, planning, and probably does not act like Suzaku, Gino, or Anya and does nothing too extravagant unless a situation truly calls for it.