AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Potential Pairing - Multiple Choice Option
Alto x VF 171 32 12.31%
Ozma x Bobby 13 5.00%
Ranka x Sheryl 42 16.15%
Sheryl x Alto 199 76.54%
Yasaburo x Alto 5 1.92%
Ranka x Ai-kun 38 14.62%
Alto x Klan 14 5.38%
Ranka x Alto 54 20.77%
Ranka x Brera 37 14.23%
Klan x Michael 101 38.85%
Ozma x Cathy 111 42.69%
Luca x Nanase 41 15.77%
Wilder x Monica 41 15.77%
Alto x VF25 37 14.23%
Yasaburo x Alto's father 10 3.85%
Alto x Brera 18 6.92%
Grace x Ranka 12 4.62%
Nanase x Ranka 21 8.08%
Sheryl x Klan 24 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-07, 11:38   Link #861
ickem
シェリルの為に!

2008-07-04

Title: I feel lethargic...

What does it mean to be busy?

There are people who's favorite saying is "I'm busy," right?
And of course there are people who ask "Have you been busy lately?"

What is with that?
Why are they asking such a thing?

If someone answers that they are not busy, do these people secretly think, "Serves you right," or something?

Do they feel the person that sends people off to their "busy" days is admirable?

These types of people have something wrong with their points of references.

Even if someone has only a minor amount of work each day, the question of whether they are "busy" or "not busy" depends on how they feel, their time management abilities, and their ability to deal with situations.

Even for a conversation with other people, this is one of the silly subjects. "I'm busy." Really...

That's why I won't let them know. Whether Sheryl Nome is busy or not busy, that is.

My answer is to smile and say, "Do not worthy, it is the same as always."

But if it is the "same as always" all the time, I end up not being able to hear what my body is telling me.

(I need some help here since Windows garbles up the entire line between 自分の体の声に気付かなくなるってこともあるけど and …………な~んかダルイのよね. If anyone can let me know what it says, I'd appreciate it. I wonder if it can be copy and pasted correctly by people who can actually see it...)

.......you know, I'm feeling lethargic.

Throughout my entire body.
I wonder if it is because I slept without any clothes on last night.

I will go to "Este" this afternoon.

Sheryl
(Windows garbles up Sheryl's name and date so if someone could tell me what it is I'd appreciate it.)
Old 2008-07-07, 12:24   Link #862
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
2008-07-04

(I need some help here since Windows garbles up the entire line between 自分の体の声に気付かなくなるってこともあるけど and …………な~んかダルイのよね. If anyone can let me know what it says, I'd appreciate it. I wonder if it can be copy and pasted correctly by people who can actually see it...)
Ickem,

I couldn't really decipher it much myself but it almost appears to be in Chinese (and I'm at level 1 Kanji LOL). (Does Sheryl know chinese?) I was using "Wakan" to try to figure out the Chinese kanji.

囀燾瓱竇鸙£。
(About the only thing I can recognize is the "milligram" kanji which is 瓱.)

Some notes:
囀 - sing, chirp, warble, chatter
燾 - shine, illuminate, cover, envelope
瓱 - milligram (0.001 gram)
竇 - hole, doorway, ditch.
鸙 -

AH! I think that line has something to do with the medicine that Sheryl is taking.

The date section also had: 囀瓱鸙
£龝驫鑾┣

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-07, 12:56   Link #863
stray
Classic Yandere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I don't know why people are honestly thinking about the possibilities of a Mikhail x Sheryl? The last woman to pop in his head was Quran.
Exactly!!

Quote:
He called her a fine woman, which, as with most literal translations leaves out quite a bit. I was actually wondering how I would translate that and couldn't think of a way to do it, but seeing Lunar's translation helped a lot since that is the exact feeling I get from what Michel says. I interpreted it as him being impressed by how she handled the situation with Alto after his insight into her feelings earlier in the episode i.e. there were no hysterics over the "other woman" and she just went about the business of wanting to help Alto and Ranka.
As always, thanks for the clarification ickem.

Quote:
It just so happens that she chooses try and get her own blue VF-25. It would suck if Michel got the pineapple salad treatment though since I rather like him. Still, I wouldn't mind it as much if this was to give Sheryl her customized unit.
Where did the whole Sheryl blue valkyrie come from? Newtype? Thanks for ruining my life!!!

Quote:
As for all this MichelxSheryl talk, Sheryl has already stated that she doesn't like frivolous guys when she shot Michel down in ep 8 .
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Not really, because you already got the answer. If Lunar's translation is right, then one look at Episode 8, where Sheryl has no problem smoothly shooting down Mikhail's advances, should tell you that it is something else in Michael's remark that affected her before she tried to change the subject with her awesome pilot skills: the fact that Michael understands.
Everybody's so hung up on episode 8. I mean, seriously, when, in the history of drama, has a woman shooting down a (ok, relatively attractive) man's advances actually meant anything. The entire romantic comedy genre would be like... gone.

So anyway; Michael is a player... or at least that's his reputation. Actually, I'm going to come back to this one some other time. For now...

I think in episode 9 there's a scene where Alto is complaining to Michael about why he would have let Sheryl join their piloting group. The only thing Alto can come up with is so he can hit on Grace. I forget which episode (11?), but back at the pool, when Sheryl gets the sniffles and Michael drapes the towel around her, he takes a little jab at Alto ("Unlike someone..."). And, I have no idea what episode it's in, but IIRC at some point when Michael and Alto are talking about Sheryl he mentions that she's doing really well in her piloting classes. Hmmmmmmm...

My point being he's taken an interest in Sheryl that's above and beyond his role as the voice of reason in the triangle. He pushes her, he seems to respect her on some level, and he doesn't dismiss her as immature (remember, Michael doesn't bother with high school girls, he's all about the 'older women'). If nothing else, I'd be willing to bet he sees alot of Jessica in her; and if he's not getting a nice plate of pineapple salad ready, and Sheryl can look past the player facade, who knows. Take it as you will.

Then again, he could just be grooming her to take over the blue Valkyrie...
Old 2008-07-07, 13:22   Link #864
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
囀燾瓱竇鸙£。
(About the only thing I can recognize is the "milligram" kanji which is 瓱.)

Some notes:
囀 - sing, chirp, warble, chatter
燾 - shine, illuminate, cover, envelope
瓱 - milligram (0.001 gram)
竇 - hole, doorway, ditch.
鸙 -

AH! I think that line has something to do with the medicine that Sheryl is taking.

The date section also had: 囀瓱鸙
£龝驫鑾┣
When I was reading her blogs, I encountered the same words. I thought my Firefox finally did it, it was broke and I needed to change my encoding. Lo' n' behold, nothing was wrong with it. Then I thought Ugh, not again, they are playing with characters that even Chinese people don't use!

Honestly, the ONLY time you see any of those characters mentioned are in a dictionary. Japanese people certainly don't use them, Chinese people gone the way of the simplified, and even Taiwanese people would avoid them like plague.

- Tak
Old 2008-07-07, 13:24   Link #865
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
When I was reading her blogs, I encountered the same words. I thought my Firefox finally did it, it was broke and I needed to change my encoding. Lo' n' behold, nothing was wrong with it. Then I thought Ugh, not again, they are playing with characters that even Chinese people don't use!

Honestly, the ONLY time you see any of those characters mentioned are in a dictionary. Japanese people certainly don't use them, Chinese people gone the way of the simplified, and even Taiwanese people would avoid them like plague.

- Tak
LOL, so Sheryl knows Archaic kanji

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-07, 13:32   Link #866
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Well, I can get on my wife's computer tonight and see if the scrambled kanji on Sheryl's blog looks any different on Japanese Window XP.
Old 2008-07-07, 13:39   Link #867
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Well, I can get on my wife's computer tonight and see if the scrambled kanji on Sheryl's blog looks any different on Japanese Window XP.
I am using JWXP, and I can assure you there is nothing wrong with the words. Its there man, old school characters man, things that scare children away from schools

- Tak
Old 2008-07-07, 14:27   Link #868
stray
Classic Yandere

Quote:
I am using JWXP, and I can assure you there is nothing wrong with the words. Its there man, old school characters man, things that scare children away from schools

- Tak
Those are frightening characters...

ickem does this help?

Spoiler for scaaaaary:
Old 2008-07-07, 14:35   Link #869
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Those are frightening characters...

ickem does this help?

Spoiler for scaaaaary:
Yeah, it helps to make the characters even kanji since the strokes don't blur together as well in your screen shot

I really wonder though, is it intentional or is it that this one particular staffer's computer is messed up and just fudges the entries when they type it up. Ranka's entry for the 4th gives me stuff like ☵ , which, for those who can see actual characters, is composed of 3 lines, 1 dashed line on top, 1 dashed line on the bottom and a solid line in the middle.
Old 2008-07-07, 14:55   Link #870
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Yeah, it helps to make the characters even kanji since the strokes don't blur together as well in your screen shot

I really wonder though, is it intentional or is it that this one particular staffer's computer is messed up and just fudges the entries when they type it up. Ranka's entry for the 4th gives me stuff like ☵ , which, for those who can see actual characters, is composed of 3 lines, 1 dashed line on top, 1 dashed line on the bottom and a solid line in the middle.

Good point.

Perhaps it's an error on the staff's part...I suppose it was someone else's turn filling out the entry and their system wasn't set up properly. I mean why would the date be displayed in such a manner as well?

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-07, 15:03   Link #871
stray
Classic Yandere

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Good point.

Perhaps it's an error on the staff's part...I suppose it was someone else's turn filling out the entry and their system wasn't set up properly. I mean why would the date be displayed in such a manner as well?

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
I don't know either way, but I've got to look at Ranka in a whole new way going all mathematical on the radian per second... hot.

Spoiler for radians?:

For the record, a Mac can't really f up encoding being that the OS isn't localized.
Old 2008-07-08, 05:34   Link #872
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Everybody's so hung up on episode 8. I mean, seriously, when, in the history of drama, has a woman shooting down a (ok, relatively attractive) man's advances actually meant anything. The entire romantic comedy genre would be like... gone.
Well episode 8 is a pretty good indication that Michael's womanizing lines/actions has no effect on Sheryl as they've bounced cheerfully off her. Now that ickem has clarified the context it was spoken in, it seems that either Sheryl went hot and bothered because Michael was able to read things so clearly, or Sheryl just blushed because she thought Michael was just complimenting her take-charge stance, and didn't realize that Michael was really referring to the classy way she handled herself in the face of Alto x Ranka.

Quote:
I think in episode 9 there's a scene where Alto is complaining to Michael about why he would have let Sheryl join their piloting group. The only thing Alto can come up with is so he can hit on Grace. I forget which episode (11?), but back at the pool, when Sheryl gets the sniffles and Michael drapes the towel around her, he takes a little jab at Alto ("Unlike someone..."). And, I have no idea what episode it's in, but IIRC at some point when Michael and Alto are talking about Sheryl he mentions that she's doing really well in her piloting classes. Hmmmmmmm...

My point being he's taken an interest in Sheryl that's above and beyond his role as the voice of reason in the triangle. He pushes her, he seems to respect her on some level, and he doesn't dismiss her as immature (remember, Michael doesn't bother with high school girls, he's all about the 'older women'). If nothing else, I'd be willing to bet he sees alot of Jessica in her; and if he's not getting a nice plate of pineapple salad ready, and Sheryl can look past the player facade, who knows. Take it as you will.
Well I never made the claim that Michael never feels anything for Sheryl, hell you're speaking to the one and only Alto x Sheryl fan who absolutely loves to read a tumble fic on Michael x Sheryl, even though I'm aware they're not gonna happen, period. I think Michael x Sheryl is fucking hot, aside from Alto/Sheryl. (Understanding why I ship Michael x Sheryl is a step closer to understanding why I ship yaoi pairings out of straight bois btw. ) In fact, I agree on all counts that Michael does see Sheryl more and more of a person, he finally understands Sheryl's side of things after her courteous but distant treatment of her in the past few episodes, and I believe this is what Michael's role in the story is all about in Episode 13 : to watch her side of things.

But you're gonna have a tough time convincing me Michael will move Sheryl away from the love triangle, however, I mean let's not forget about Klan Klan and the fact that Sheryl has yet to address her feelings for Alto. She's nowhere close to that line, in fact from the looks of it, she's backing away from it.

Last edited by cheesie; 2008-07-08 at 07:07.
Old 2008-07-08, 05:51   Link #873
Westlo
Lets be reality

Actually I wouldn't mind a tumble fic on Michael X Sheryl.. heck I wouldn't mind them actually doing something in show before they hook up with their "destined" partners. But that's just me, I was pretty annoyed at the reaction to Mitsuki's "lapse" in KGNE considering what she was going through... I also really liked the way the main pairing of the Hare yo Koi manga worked out... (even though the manga was pretty avg itself) I hope someone translates that last volume sometime soon, would love to understand their conversations...
Old 2008-07-08, 05:58   Link #874
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Well, I don't want Michael x Sheryl to happen on a rebound. That would seriously suck and pile on angst after angst when that's not why I like them. For Michael x Sheryl to work, they have to take out Alto/Klan or at least address her feelings for Alto. That, or create an AU world. I prefer the latter. (Please write me that pr0n fic, someone, anyone. )
Old 2008-07-08, 05:59   Link #875
Westlo
Lets be reality

Don't you write fics or have I mixed you up with someone else?
Old 2008-07-08, 06:12   Link #876
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Don't you write fics or have I mixed you up with someone else?
Nope, I don't.

Must remember : Klan Klan, people. Let's not forget that Michael is a closet lolicon.

Last edited by cheesie; 2008-07-08 at 07:24.
Old 2008-07-08, 06:32   Link #877
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wouldn't object to one night stands if the protagonists weren't, most of them, in first love territory, and busy dealing with that.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2008-07-08 at 10:21.
Old 2008-07-08, 07:14   Link #878
ickem
シェリルの為に!

2008-07-08

Title: It is for me to decide.

I hate direction arrows.

Don't they seem somewhat self-important?

Telling me to go that way and this way.

I should get to decide which way to go for myself.

You too.
Don't be subservient to predestined direction arrows that just appear in front of you.

Sheryl
June ??, 2059
Old 2008-07-08, 10:22   Link #879
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Explains why she gets lost all the time.
Old 2008-07-08, 10:24   Link #880
Tak

Quote:
2008-07-08

Title: It is for me to decide.

I hate direction arrows.

Don't they seem somewhat self-important?

Telling me to go that way and this way.

I should get to decide which way to go for myself.

You too.
Don't be subservient to predestined direction arrows that just appear in front of you.

Sheryl
June ??, 2059
She is definitely writing this to or for Alto. Definitely

- Tak
Closed Thread

Tags
romance