AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-10-01, 16:30   Link #9441
Destined_Fate

The Strike Rouge's new pack, huh? Guess that means Destiny is going to be the dominate Gundam series in SRW games still as fans are going to want that now.

Most likely it wont use most of the packs features in the HD Remaster but that's irrelevant. Since it does have those features it means that they can be used in games that don't have to worry about fully animating that stuff. So this is a win for them as it means Destiny will be a main desire in Gundam related games(As Fans will want this pack) and it will sell new models and the such.

Kinda feel bad for the IWSP(Even though it did appear in the SEED HD Remaster) though. First Perfect trumps it for the Strike and now even the Strike Rouge doesn't even want it anymore as it got a new toy.

With all these full packs I really want to see animated Destiny Impulse or whatever they can cook up as an upgrade of it for Lunamaria.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 19:36   Link #9442
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Actually, is there confirmation on this? Rewatching the episode, it seems Shinn cut the Akatsuki's shield in half with the Destiny's sword and then cut off Akatsuki's left arm at the joint with Destiny's boomerang. So they didn't really show what would happen if a beam saber had hit the Akatsuki's armor.
who knows in essence the Akatsuki wasn't shown doing much of anything in the show. its launch and it saving the AA are its highlights. who knows maybe it'll do something extra in the remaster. speaking of the Remaster do you guys think they'll keep all the recaps? the first recap i was okay with because it was shinn's pov of seed thought that was kinda cool, but the other, what 5 recaps, think it'll keep them in?
Old 2013-10-01, 20:29   Link #9443
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
who knows in essence the Akatsuki wasn't shown doing much of anything in the show. its launch and it saving the AA are its highlights. who knows maybe it'll do something extra in the remaster. speaking of the Remaster do you guys think they'll keep all the recaps? the first recap i was okay with because it was shinn's pov of seed thought that was kinda cool, but the other, what 5 recaps, think it'll keep them in?
O god no please cut the recaps, anyone with a decent IQ should be able to remember the details anyways, its just a waste of time and animation which could be used for new better scenes in the Remaster
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 21:17   Link #9444
S.Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
speaking of the Remaster do you guys think they'll keep all the recaps?
God no, I prey they have the sense to remove them. Seriously they where unneeded, and made me feel like the writer thought I was stupid or something.

And considering they didn't do anything with the Rouge recently. I'm doubtful they'll add anything for the Akatsuki.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 00:00   Link #9445
The American Average
2LMES

i too hope that they don't put in the recaps, cause those were all wastes of space. i think it'll be better for the show too because those recaps killed some of the tension of some of the battles. i'm looking at you ep 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
And considering they didn't do anything with the Rouge recently. I'm doubtful they'll add anything for the Akatsuki.
who knows i'll stay hopeful, but if we don't get at least a little new animation by Berlins battle i'll give up.
Old 2013-10-02, 01:02   Link #9446
Aquaman OS

There's only two actual recap eps left. Durandal's and the infamous 41.

Durandal's might be kept if only because its one of the few times we get inside his head before the finale.

41 is the one that they aired the week they almost missed the deadline. It was not intended to be a recap ep and it caused pacing problems for the rest of the show. It will probably be cut. That thing is even though it was a horrible episode it was also the only time we got in Kira's head the entire show, and the only time we got into Athrun's outside of the special edition to explain exactly why they do what they are doing.

All other recaps are only partial recaps so there's nothing they can do with the budget they have and no new va clips.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 02:20   Link #9447
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
You have just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

p.s.: I'm pretty sure they're going to ditch both of the remaining recap episodes. The only reason they probably included the first one was just to be cheap and drag the remastered version out to a full 48 episodes. That way they can sell the Blu-Rays with 12 episodes per box, exactly the same as SEED Remastered.

but i dunno I just write fan fiction and complain about it on the internet.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 03:17   Link #9448
Aquaman OS

This is like the 5th time you've tried to get an anti Kira rant going here.

Just give it up. Nobody's playing along.
Old 2013-10-02, 03:27   Link #9449
The American Average
2LMES

i just think no one cares, anything you can say about kira has already been said.
Old 2013-10-02, 12:44   Link #9450
Destined_Fate

Indeed, Kira is a horrible character in Destiny and should have died at the end of SEED with Rau.

There, let's get this ball rolling!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 13:29   Link #9451
monster

This supposed translation was posted on Mecha Talk:
Quote:
From Strike Rouge Ootori (based on chinese translation as usual…)

-M1 Astray is a light weight MS that place heavy focus on mobility and as a result, its firepower and durability is considered to be on par as the average MS or even lower. For this reason, Morgenroete Inc. started to develop the Strike Rouge, which is equipped with an AI support system based on the OS that kira made, power extender to solve the operation time problem, and is designed to use a unique multipurpose striker pack.

-Strike Rouge is developed at the same time as the multipurpose striker pack, EW454F Ootori. However there is a problem with the Ootori pack, it needs a huge amount of energy. Thus, Morgenroete Inc turns to the IWSP, Ootori pack’s predecessor, and begin researching on how to reduce Striker pack’s energy usage. Morgenroete Inc later (secretly?) obtain data on PMP’s (IWSP’s creator) newly developed power source and they combine it with their technology, eventually the power extender was successfully developed. Later, this technology spreads around through official and unofficial method and become widespread. As a result, ZAFT and EA’s new MS are able to have vastly improved output and lengthened operation time. VPS armor is closely linked to this development.

-The Ootori pack is developed based on the IWSP pack and is a striker pack fully developed by Morgenroete Inc. Although the Strike Gundam is designed to handle various situations by using a suitable Striker pack, this is often very difficult to achieve in the ever-changing battlefield. To solve this problem, PMP suggested the development of the IWSP pack. Due to technology problem, PMP abandoned the development of IWSP. Morgenroete Inc. later obtains these data and together with their technology, the Ootori pack is completed. Other than its array of weapons, Ootori pack is also equipped with a flight system that allows it to carry out powered (?) flight in the atmosphere, allowing it to handle various combat situations and terrain. Due to its complexity, IWSP has low reliability and is difficult to maintain. Ootori pack solves this problem by having its development start from scratch.

-High output beam launcher, railgun, large anti-ship sword and missiles, all these weapons allow Ootori pack to handle various combat situation. The beam launcher and railgun are linked by movable arms to the striker pack’s main body, and during the time when they are developed, their output and range are top of their class and are capable of penetrating or even destroy PS armor. Despite its name, the large anti-ship sword is also designed for anti-MS combat. The missile launcher on the left can be replaced with gatling gun, electronic warfare related equipment, etc. The drop tanks on the bottom wings are not fuel tanks, but are equipped with a mirage colloid stealth support system, however details of the system is unknown.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 14:02   Link #9452
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

The only question monster, is why there was no mention of the perfect in the data file; I'm pretty sure the Perfect Strike was an Orb-made variant.
Old 2013-10-02, 15:55   Link #9453
monster

Indeed. My guess is that the Perfect Striker was a small and quick side project that doesn't actually contribute to the development of IWSP or this new pack.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 18:12   Link #9454
Aquaman OS

Perfect Striker just jammed all the already developed Strikers into one pack and added extra batteries for power issues. It was kind of a mess, and you can see from the brief time it's in action they don't exactly mesh together that well. Mwu could pretty much just use one weapon at a time because most of them were handheld.

IWSP and Phoenix however tried to design from the ground up a new pack that had the capability of the 3 main packs blended together well. The long range firepower is hands free, the swords are smaller to be used with one hand, the missiles and vulcan's are shield or wing mounted, and it was designed to run off the regular battery efficiently rather than require extra batteries to weigh it down.

Perfect Striker was probably a quick but inefficient fix thrown together to buy time to work on the other two. They all stemed from the same idea (lets give the Strike one pack that has the capability of all striker packs) but had totally different development processes.
Old 2013-10-02, 18:40   Link #9455
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Indeed, Kira is a horrible character in Destiny and should have died at the end of SEED with Rau.

There, let's get this ball rolling!

We already went over this though :/, not too sure if you were present or not when it happened earlier during the summer
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 08:53   Link #9456
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
We already went over this though :/, not too sure if you were present or not when it happened earlier during the summer
technically he and most other members block each other = can't see each other post

+
I guess they change first bloody valentine war because the war start before that
(all UN leaders killed > alliance declare war on ZAFT > three day after that Muruta nuke Junius 7 which what ZAFT called Bloody Valentine Incident)

So bloody valentine war was from ZAFT point of view

+
The first major battle of the war was Battle of Yggdrasil. The battle lasted about a month, resulting in the destruction of the space station.

anyway I like strike rouge upgrade
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 22:10   Link #9457
quagmire

Was that just new battle scenes in the latest remaster episode? Here I thought they wanted to make Seed Destiny like Highschool DxD. Fan service with a little bit of MS battles mixed in....
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 23:57   Link #9458
The American Average
2LMES

it looked like a couple of little new battle scenes which was really nice to see, even if a little.
Old 2013-10-04, 00:47   Link #9459
I Fail at Life

Noticable addittions...

- HD'fied Freedom when using the ciws to shoot down the missiles Shinn shot at Cagalli, when Freedom swings at Impulse and when Freedom swings at Chaos.

- HD'fied Strike Rouge Ootori (Phoenix), with some added scenes of it maneuvering.

- A slight character expression altered.

Everything else stayed relatively the same.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 01:09   Link #9460
Aquaman OS

They also for some reason added stock footage of sword silouette launching that wasn't in the original. And they sped up Kira's Savioring of Athrun, I guess to make it look less like Athrun just stood there and let him do it and more he couldn't react fast enough. They used Special Edition 2's ending as well. And they redid the Orb guy shielding Cagalli so he's hit as he's diving in front of her and not floating in front of her and telling her to stay back before being hit.

They also continued as before with making Kira look more expressive.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep