AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 14 Rating
Perfect 10 16 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 26.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-11-16, 12:11   Link #561
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
But how does she know how WR works? Afterall she would need to tell WR how to use his new powers, by IB it was understandable, it existed for a long time, so there can be instructions(+ aleister has aiwass who mostlikely knows how IB works),
From where did laura get the infos?
To what we know WR could of came up before and Laura could of been alive back then and have hide all info of WR by blending it into IB legends but we also know that Laura does not call herself human because that what he call Crowely and most human don't call someone else human well looking down on Crowley calling him human

In NT we bet learning more about Crowley but we still don't know enough about Larua yet.

Even if Aiwass know about WR he may not of tell Aleister just for his own fun to see what Crowley would do if it just show up
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 13:53   Link #562
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
To what we know WR could of came up before and Laura could of been alive back then and have hide all info of WR by blending it into IB legends
this seems like a far stretch to me,
exspecially since WR only came into existence because of the majins, i doubt that they did something like that before :/
Quote:
but we also know that Laura does not call herself human because that what he call Crowely and most human don't call someone else human well looking down on Crowley calling him human
right now she seems like a char who is hinted to be "very old",
maybe she is like the girl from the movie but was still able to use magic :/
either way, i dont think that "not being human" allows her to have knowledge that shouldnt exist :/
Quote:
In NT we bet learning more about Crowley but we still don't know enough about Larua yet.
mostlikely we get more infos if the england arc begins with Index as damsel in distress
Quote:
Even if Aiwass know about WR he may not of tell Aleister just for his own fun to see what Crowley would do if it just show up
nah, i doubt that he would not tell it to aleister if he knows about WR, until now aiwass simply seems to be loosely interested, as if he watches a show simply because there wasnt anything better to do
i would surely give all infos i have about the show to a certain char only in order to see what chaos it would make to the "ordinary story"
aiwass seems for me like such kind of person :]
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 13:56   Link #563
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
I have a question. Kakeru had said that the girls were normal people before WR was placed onto him. Doesn't that mean Claire and Elza were not Gemstone and magician initially? So the birth of Gemstones are actually related to magic gods then?

Also I think pre-amnesiac Touma might not be enough when it comes to describing Kakeru. Although Touma did believe Mitsuari died because of him, making him resent IB, he never actually saw it happen, I assume Seria pulled some strings. Kakeru on the other hand had watched acquaintances turn strange and eccentric, even gaining weird powers left and right which severely affected his daily life. Touma was also more experienced with the unnatural due to being in AC most of his life, I'd say Kakeru definitely had it harder than pre-amnesiac Touma.
So people attempting to kill Touma as a kid while blaming him for their bad luck is now less harder than gaining an unwanted harem? Ok.
Old 2015-11-16, 14:16   Link #564
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
To what we know WR could of came up before and Laura could of been alive back then and have hide all info of WR by blending it into IB legends but we also know that Laura does not call herself human because that what he call Crowely and most human don't call someone else human well looking down on Crowley calling him human
The only way I could see Laura being responsible for WR and laying to him would be if she turned out as being something similar to Alfar - who also wasn't human either, even though she looked like one. Alfar was actually of a different race of humanoids, so this might be what Laura actually is.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 14:40   Link #565
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
For some reason, I keep hearing Yoshitsugu Matsuoka's voice in my head whenever I read Kamisato's lines .
Hiroshi Kamiya is a better fit in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
But how does she know how WR works? Afterall she would need to tell WR how to use his new powers, by IB it was understandable, it existed for a long time, so there can be instructions(+ aleister has aiwass who mostlikely knows how IB works),
From where did laura get the infos?
An oracle or god himself telling her spoilers.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 14:56   Link #566
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Hiroshi Kamiya is a better fit in my mind.
Oh Hiroshi Kamiya is also good.

As for the mention of Fukuyama, he's more fitting for Fiamma. Kakeru isn't exactly arrogant and 'I'm superior than you'
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 17:34   Link #567
zibi88

But damn I dont want Neph to disappear she was an interesting freeloader and its another girl that touma couldnt protect thats gona leave a mark on him.

I kinda hope that later Touma will rip his oponent arm off and use it against Karkeru to erase him from this world just like how he did with magic gods... he should be happy right... a perfect world with no harem and magic gods it will be paradise to him.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 18:08   Link #568
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
cant believe he got 100 girls in a few days...
No kidding. Even with just the group mentioned at the end of Ch3:
Spoiler for 'Short' list of Kamisato girls:

It defies belief Kamisato got all these girls in so short a time - it can't possibly have been one incident for each girl after another over three days. Did he break open a facility where all these girls were locked up in one place or something? Was time travel involved so when he says "two or three days" he meant objectively while to him it was more like weeks? Not even Touma got it this bad when he couldn't go past a week without things going wrong since July.

This volume is really a big fat 'meh' to me, to be honest. Suspension of Disbelief being sorely tested with all the 'Magic Gods did it, so there'. Not to mention the
Spoiler for source of IB & WR:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 18:30   Link #569
zaikoi

UFO was mentioned in this volume.
There's also stuff about alien in the previous volume too.

So,we are expecting an alien invasion or something in future?
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 18:37   Link #570
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
cant believe he got 100 girls in a few days...
Probably not a few days, he only realized he had power just a few days ago. He probably saved them during the one month period he got his power. I can say for sure, that even with a convenient power like world rejecter (with the power to exile everything with a conflict) it would be Impossible to save 100 in just a few days.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 18:41   Link #571
BladeMancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
No kidding. Even with just the group mentioned at the end of Ch3:
Spoiler for 'Short' list of Kamisato girls:

It defies belief Kamisato got all these girls in so short a time - it can't possibly have been one incident for each girl after another over three days. Did he break open a facility where all these girls were locked up in one place or something? Was time travel involved so when he says "two or three days" he meant objectively while to him it was more like weeks? Not even Touma got it this bad when he couldn't go past a week without things going wrong since July.

This volume is really a big fat 'meh' to me, to be honest. Suspension of Disbelief being sorely tested with all the 'Magic Gods did it, so there'. Not to mention the
Kamisato assumes and forces his viewpoint on the real world, expecting it to go his way. Can you really trust his words? After all, he's only been in business for a month
EDIT: He probably saved girls in the one month his powers were appearing. It is simply illogical to build 100 relationships and solve 100 problems in a few days

Last edited by BladeMancer; 2015-11-16 at 18:56.
Old 2015-11-16, 18:56   Link #572
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

It's illogical, and that's what Kamisato is complaining about.
Old 2015-11-16, 19:23   Link #573
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Kamisato KakeMAN?
More like Kamisato KakeLOOT, as in looting so many girls in such a short time.

Quote:
This volume is really a big fat 'meh' to me, to be honest. Suspension of Disbelief being sorely tested with all the 'Magic Gods did it, so there'. Not to mention the [spoilers]
Kamachi wasn't saying it was Magic Gods, but it was Magic Gods.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 19:45   Link #574
bakato

Quote:
You seem to be misunderstanding something. IB and WR are the aggregation of the desires of magic gods, but it's not something they have control over. Kamisato doesn't know that the powers chose their owners.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 19:48   Link #575
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
I guess Flere821 read the chinese version of the translations so there might be more differences compared to the english one or the raw itself.
Old 2015-11-16, 20:32   Link #576
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
You seem to be misunderstanding something. IB and WR are the aggregation of the desires of magic gods, but it's not something they have control over. Kamisato doesn't know that the powers chose their owners.
Not sure how that changes things, since IMO that still counts as 'Magic Gods did it', even if it is 'Magic Gods did it without knowing they did it consciously'. I think we/Touma can be fair in saying 'this was your fault/responsibility' to the various Magic Gods, even if it was a accident.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 20:48   Link #577
bakato

Quote:
Not sure how that changes things, since IMO that still counts as 'Magic Gods did it', even if it is 'Magic Gods did it without knowing they did it consciously'. I think we/Touma can be fair in saying 'this was your fault/responsibility' to the various Magic Gods, even if it was a accident.

That's ridiculous. You can't hold someone accountable for something they had no knowledge of or control over.
Old 2015-11-16, 20:56   Link #578
BladeMancer

Quote:
That's ridiculous. You can't hold someone accountable for something they had no knowledge of or control over.
Yeah, in fact pinning the blame on magic gods would be life 'You felt an emotion which altered the world and caused a car crash. Shame on you.'

Last edited by Flower; 2015-11-16 at 21:45. Reason: Please do not do multiple posts.
Old 2015-11-16, 20:57   Link #579
bakato

Furthermore, you were also skeptical that the magic gods could give someone the capacity to be their scorer, but not do it themselves. The phenomenon that produced IB and WR is capable of giving birth to power that is beyond even magic gods. You think they'd be waiting for a scorer if they could do it themselves? You think they'd needed one if they could just go to another world altogether?
Old 2015-11-16, 21:26   Link #580
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Furthermore, you were also skeptical that the magic gods could give someone the capacity to be their scorer, but not do it themselves. The phenomenon that produced IB and WR is capable of giving birth to power that is beyond even magic gods. You think they'd be waiting for a scorer if they could do it themselves? You think they'd needed one if they could just go to another world altogether?
I think of the scorer as a system, rather then them just appointing some 'one'.
Touma had rejected being one, he did not want to become the Magic Gods 'bitch' lol

So could that mean IB and WR are part of a system, I think half so. lol

With great power comes great responsibility. I think this phrase has several means, but couldn't that also come with a price or something? A being can become twisted with power. Has Kamisato given off that kind of vibe?

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birdway, kamisato kakeru