AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-09, 13:08   Link #101
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Depends on what we define as a "main character" though. She may not have a route of her own, but that isn't nescessarily the criteria for being a main character. Kaori is a side character. Tadashi is a side character. As far as the story is concerned, putting her under the same level as those two is rather silly. Though this is arguing semantics, but for the sake of accuracy she isn't a side character by any stretch of what you would normally define as one.
Old 2009-10-09, 13:14   Link #102
KiryuuKazumanosuke

I think we're getting a bit too far into the discussion of the game for this thread.

Either way, it's clear that the anime considers her a main character, and is going to treat her as such.
KiryuuKazumanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 13:32   Link #103
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Im very pleased with this episode.
OP was great.
Animation was ok.
BGM was great.
Speed was somewhat okėsh. (it is just 13 episodes after all)

My only Concern is...
Spoiler for Kukuri:
Old 2009-10-09, 18:09   Link #104
velvet
"with you, happiness"

I am just hoping the animation won't end up torturing. Wasn't especially excellent animation for a 1st episode, but still I hope they keep this up.

I do have memories of running the game with AGTH (I think that's the name). Don't end up far though. Basically just another anime 1st timer when it comes to the story...
but damn. That voice. Goto Mai is just extremely pleasing.
In short, this show has the potential to turn me into a mindless idiotic moe fanboy (even when I do prefer the VN's CGs). I think.

velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 18:23   Link #105
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Not a bad first episode, getting a Night Wizard vibe from it, but I think that's just the Red Moon/Red Night thing. Great character designs, and there's enough mystery to get me hooked.

Anyone else think the monsters look like something out of Cirque du Soleil though? They just don't seem that menacing, but maybe it's just hard for me to take anything with tentacles seriously...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 22:05   Link #106
Doria

Design reminds me a little of some of the Shin megami tensei monsters, but that may be just because the series reminds me of those games so much. (Well, that and the ... uh, whatever it is at the beginning reminds me of the Angel persona from Persona 3, with the chains.)

Haha, though @ Cirque du soleil.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 23:26   Link #107
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
Im very pleased with this episode.
OP was great.
Animation was ok.
BGM was great.
Speed was somewhat okėsh. (it is just 13 episodes after all)
I rather like the OP, much better than the game's one, IMO. Animation was nice, especially Red Night transition, never paid much attentioon to the BGM, but that should be okay.
Speed-wise, you can't help compressing, ne?
Old 2009-10-10, 10:06   Link #108
Marina2

I never play the game.

After watching first ep. , I think I like it.

Spoiler for ep.1:
Marina2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 10:11   Link #109
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I never play the game.

After watching first ep. , I think I like it.

Spoiler for ep.1:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-10, 10:55   Link #110
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

pretty good start, developed something over the first ep at least.
although the fanservice/shots kinda take out the whole seriousness/thrill of this supernatural sense IMO
Old 2009-10-10, 11:17   Link #111
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Interesting first episode I liked the art style and the dark nature the series seems to portray. The red night is interesting its obviously another dimension but what causes it? i cant wait to find out im hoping it keeps my interest
Old 2009-10-10, 13:03   Link #112
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Great 1st episode .
Pretty good animation . Cute scene . Romance .
The switch with the BGM is great .

Gonna be my 2nd or 3rd fav in this season after DTB S2 .
This season is interesting . Still wait for Fairy Tail .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 13:17   Link #113
Doria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Interesting first episode I liked the art style and the dark nature the series seems to portray. The red night is interesting its obviously another dimension but what causes it? i cant wait to find out im hoping it keeps my interest
Yeah, the ultimate "cause"/origin of the Red Night is a mystery that's one of the major keys to the whole series. Its effects are like those in P3, but my opinion is that its cause will be different from the--uh...what did they call it in P3?...Dark Hour?, which was caused externally, iirc, while I suspect that the Red Night is more closely tied to the specific characters themselves.

As to the opening scene vs the flashbacks, hard to tell if that's due to selective memory, perspective change, or downright misinformation. Will definitely have to wait to find out, not having played the game!
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 14:30   Link #114
billborden

Coming at this as a complete innocent (I've never played the game), the first episode accomplished it's purpose--I'll be watching #2, if only to see if I can figure out what the F### is going on

BTW, is it just me, or do the two friends of the main couple seem a bit too much like cardboard cut-outs? I'm trying to decide if it's just bad writing, or if there is a plot twist hidden there, further down the line.

All in all, a good first episode and a show I'll probably keep up with.
Old 2009-10-10, 17:52   Link #115
TakumiFuji

Can some fill me in I liked the first ep but am clueless on whats really going on plot wise, i heard game mentioned, is there a manga as well.

could some one give a better summary than the one on ANN.
TakumiFuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 17:57   Link #116
Midonin
Last Engage

Telling you everything that's going on would kind of take the fun out of it. You're not supposed to know what's going on at this point.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 18:06   Link #117
TakumiFuji

Im not asking for spoilers im asking due to the vague summary on ANN this one jumps into the an already established setting.

IE what is red night its another dimension but for what purpose.
The main char and the girl at school are they the siblings or the one that commited suicide.
whats the glow about under the male lead eyepatch does it only happen prior to the shift.
TakumiFuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 18:07   Link #118
Midonin
Last Engage

Answering all of those would require asking for spoilers.

Except the second one: Kakeru and Yuka are not related.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 18:32   Link #119
BlueDo

Wow... licensed already?
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 18:38   Link #120
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Gosh, episode 1 was really foul. This is the only new series I've tried that I don't like. Too bad, since the uniforms are cute, and some of the characters are too until they start talking.

My favorite "WTF" moment was:

"Oh no, looks like the world turned red and everyone disappeared! We better run to school, since maybe someone will be there!"

Well, OBVIOUSLY. That is the first thing I think whenever the world turns red, that probably everyone just went to school.

Dragging out the first transition from real world to red world over a long time reminded me of the scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail where the knight is charging Swamp Castle (except, not funny).

Tags
eroge, seinen