AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Old 2011-03-17, 19:49   Link #141
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Is it slice of life or romance/drama or both? Based on the trailers I really do have a feeling that either this or Anohana will be the Toradora/H&C of the season.

Romance was the thing missing last year.
Specifically seinen romance dramas as shoujo romance dramas/comedies are still fairly existent. Though it wasn't just last year this genre for the demography has been absent, but the last couple of years. Last decent seinen romance drama I've seen was ef tale of melodies back in 2008, unless you want to count White Album season 2. I wouldn't classify Clannad After Story as a seinen either, though that was very well done.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 16:11   Link #142
Westlo
Lets be reality

Man... really looking forward to this, great news to hear about it being 2 cours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Now, off-topic. If a anime has 12-13 episodes, there's less anticipation than 2-cour anime ?
I think people like original concept productions getting 2 cours since they can build the characters up better. With LN adaptions it's not too bad since they tend to just adapt 2-3 novels in one cour anyway so they generally have decent stopping points.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 13:40   Link #143
mikoo
Banned

I saw the fifth PV and it looks really good. I'm feeling some True Tears vibes here.

Freebies:

Last edited by mikoo; 2011-03-19 at 14:22.
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 16:15   Link #144
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

PA Works. instant watch. if it's half as good as True Tears, it'll be wonderful. i don't think it'll have active triangles, though there will be shipping. i think it'll be more like True Tears where there's one set destination, but just detours along the way.

man, aside from this show and like Aria, its looking like a dry season..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 16:30   Link #145
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
man, aside from this show and like Aria, its looking like a dry season..
Watch STEINS;GATE, Denpa Onna, C and Moshidora.... also Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai could be another good slice of life romantic series like Hana-Saku.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 16:51   Link #146
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i think it'll be more like True Tears where there's one set destination, but just detours along the way.
True Tears suffered for being 13 episodes because some major points in the plot had to be deducted (they were inferred but not explained at all). The characterization was good but not excellent, and not equal for all main characters. Now this series has 24-26 episodes and hopefully it won't repeat the same mistakes. Anyway, what worked the most in True Tears was the atmosphere which made you feel completely absorbed in it. If they just can recreate that feeling in this different scenario, while correcting the mentioned imprecisions, then it's probably going to be a win.

One of the differences is that there seem to be more characters here. As first approach (several girls, several guys) my mind somehow recalls Kimikiss, but let's see how this one will play.
Design and animations are excellent as expected. Itou Kanae in the main role is always nice, just as it is having Tomatsu Haruka in. Curious about Omigawa Chiaki voicing the tsundere, she has made progresses in the last year (especially in Seitokai Yakuindomo and Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru), but this seems kinda new even for her.
Old 2011-03-19, 17:42   Link #147
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

westlo, i don't know how i feel about steins;gate. chaos;head left a horrible impression on me. i'll probably give it a shot, but i have zero expectations going in. denpa caught my eye because of the cover art, but aside from the fact it's being done by shaft, there's not much else that makes me want to watch it. Ano hi looks good, but the execution needs to be right. i also don't think romance will play a central role in it.

Pellissier, i don't think being 24 eps would have helped TT that much. from the story they presented, 24 would have been too much. of course they could have developed other characters more, but lets face it: there were only 2 main girls, both of which were developed quite well. if they had spent time developing other characters, people would have complained about spending too much time on characters who didn't play an important role in the central story. but seeing as Iroha has multiple main girls, the extra time is welcome to develop them.

yeah, forgot about appleseed. will probably watch that too. haha.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-03-19, 21:41   Link #148
Genten
has a custom user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Taking, thank you I'm really digging the main character's hair.
Old 2011-03-20, 11:30   Link #149
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
One of the differences is that there seem to be more characters here. As first approach (several girls, several guys) my mind somehow recalls Kimikiss, but let's see how this one will play.

The thing is there's only one teenage guy,the rest of the males are all adults.So you've got five teenage girls for one teenage guy in an anime that's not a harem.Not to mention that according to random curiosity's preview the lead girl has a boyfriend at the start of the show,maybe it's the guy we saw in the preview.

Last edited by totoum; 2011-03-20 at 12:41.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 13:02   Link #150
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
The thing is there's only one teenage guy,the rest of the males are all adults.So you've got five teenage girls for one teenage guy in an anime that's not a harem.Not to mention that according to random curiosity's preview the lead girl has a boyfriend at the start of the show,maybe it's the guy we saw in the preview.
I can think of two. The first is the boyfriend in Tokyo that the Random Curiousity preview mentions, who I'm assuming is the guy in the playground at night scene in one trailer - yes, I think it's a guy. The second is the male co-worker, who the main character describes in one preview as "lacking delicacy", at last according to a friend's translation of one of the lines.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 15:06   Link #151
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
The second is the male co-worker.
Right,I had him down as much older than her (and he is at least a bit since he can drive) but looking again the age gap doesn't seem that big.

Another possibility is that the boyfriend stayed behind in tokyo and isn't seen on screen.

Still I find the idea of the heroine having a boyfriend at the start of the show quite refreshing.
Old 2011-03-20, 16:50   Link #152
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Another possibility is that the boyfriend stayed behind in tokyo and isn't seen on screen.
He's going to be on screen at least a bit since he shows up in a few scenes in the trailer. It's just hard to tell he's a guy:
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...r&charid=25563

I didn't pick up on the fact he was a guy until I went back and looked at PV2, where he's a bit less feminine looking.

Speaking of the PVs... I can't help but notice that the GG and MSPN-Shin-GX translations of PV5 translate some lines quite differently... enough so that they gave me different impressions.

Old 2011-03-20, 17:38   Link #153
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
He's going to be on screen at least a bit since he shows up in a few scenes in the trailer

Well,I never doubted he was a guy,but how can we be 100% that's her boyfriend and not some other guy she meets in the village?
Old 2011-03-20, 18:10   Link #154
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Well,I never doubted he was a guy,but how can we be 100% that's her boyfriend and not some other guy she meets in the village?
You can't be 100% certain, but I got that impression from the (admittedly unsubbed) PV2 - and during the trailers, there's one bit of him and Ohana walking next to traffic in what is obviously an urban area. He's the only character in the trailer who wears a scarf like that.

Old 2011-03-20, 18:25   Link #155
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Man... really looking forward to this, great news to hear about it being 2 cours.

I think people like original concept productions getting 2 cours since they can build the characters up better. With LN adaptions it's not too bad since they tend to just adapt 2-3 novels in one cour anyway so they generally have decent stopping points.
As I have high hopes for this anime, being 2-cour isn't necessarily a bad thing, but since there are so many episodes, there is a fear that they will stuff-in "pointless" episodes in there if they run out of stuff to do. Also, the tempo of the story might slow down too much.

I couldn't imagine TT getting any better if it had 12-13 more episodes. 1 cour was perfect.
Madoka is 1 cour, for example, but it doesn't need another 12+ episodes. If they had another 12, I don't think they could build up the characters that much better. Maybe a bit more, but that great tempo would go do~~~wn. Maybe another 2 or something episodes, but that is a strange number of episodes that usually doesn't happen (Mitsudomoe 2: "Eh...?").
Therefore, even with 1 cour, an original anime can do just as good as with 2 cour!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 20:03   Link #156
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Not to mention that according to random curiosity's preview the lead girl has a boyfriend at the start of the show,maybe it's the guy we saw in the preview.
Yeah I was very surprise when I read that preview, that was the first time I heard that she has a boyfriend, every other preview just said the same old thing over and over again. I mean, I was hoping she'll get one by the end of the series, unlikely but not impossible, but I wasn't expecting that.

I'm almost certain it's that boy, but what does his character profile say on the website? Wouldn't that be the easiest way to tell if he's the one?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 21:04   Link #157
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, knowing nothing about the show and not reading that preview, i think its safe to say that the boyfriend will show up there around ep 4 or 6. i'll reiterate that i don't think that this show will have active triangles in the sense we know it to be. but rather a set couple and their experiences and troubles they encounter. though being at least 24 eps gives a lot of room for development, so i expect the writers to put a lot of pit falls along the way.

now excuse me, while i go watch ep 10 and beyond of True Tears again...

Old 2011-03-28, 16:50   Link #158
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Crunchyroll has picked this up

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...roha-simulcast
Old 2011-03-28, 16:53   Link #159
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Which pretty much confirmed that Ao no Eorcist and Nichijou will be simulcasted too. How CR pulled this off I don't even.
Old 2011-03-28, 17:22   Link #160
Midonin
Last Engage

Not very complex to figure out. They pay for the license, bam, streaming.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, coming of age, drama, p.a. works, pa works, romance, slice of life