AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-11, 13:08   Link #181
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

"Uh...it seems the bread poles were lowered as other poles were raised."

Anyway, yeah, I did love how adorable Madoka was with the bread, especially when she finally gets it.

Also would've been better had Madoka been the cheerleader.

Chinese dressed Hina... ...then cutesy-perv Hina... Even Sakaki didn't go THAT far in Azumanga Daioh, lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 13:09   Link #182
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

Gyahaha, who said Ayumu is a zombie? Who did? Give me a "M"! Give me a "A"! Give me a oh hell no don't look at me, just because I kept thinking he's a zombie doesn't mean I actually thought he'd crossdress that was like the biggest flooring moment I've had this season, but when the fe-fi-fo-fum stomping big bro confronted Daigo, and then gave a Roger Ebert thumbs up, I could only put on my classic face and then holler. Seriously... disturbing
.... now who let you out of the cage.

But yeah, the anime is certainly trying its damnest to push Kazuma's brocon tendencies towards the highly disturbing, it was never quite this bad in the original VN. Sure, he was still atypically doting, but not quite on the level of girls-clothing-Ayumu-approving. Ui's mother shouldn't be telling Ayumu to watch out for Ui taking his big brother away, she should be telling Ui to hurry up before Kazuma does something ... irreversible ...

Quote:
I guess though, with that scavenger race, when Kazuma chose Madoka, does that mean she has this series' biggest ones?
I would say that "title" clearly belongs to Tsumugi

Overall i am slightly disappointed how the festival turned out, considering they shuffled stuff around in a way to remove all the potential bonding moments, though i guess i shouldn't be surprised about them playing it 'safe' for now. So long as they actually get anywhere in the end ...
Old 2011-05-11, 13:19   Link #183
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Overall i am slightly disappointed how the festival turned out, considering they shuffled stuff around in a way to remove all the potential bonding moments, though i guess i shouldn't be surprised about them playing it 'safe' for now. So long as they actually get anywhere in the end ...
This festival episode reminded me a lot of the festival episode in Fortune Arterial: both very slow and redundant. The difference was that Hoshizora had more flashy scenes and fanservice but zero plot, whilst the FA festival episode was completely empty but had some development in the last minutes.

All in all, after the pretty peculiar (and commendable) first episode, this series so far has turned out to be very very generic.
Old 2011-05-11, 13:44   Link #184
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
This festival episode reminded me a lot of the festival episode in Fortune Arterial: both very slow and redundant. The difference was that Hoshizora had more flashy scenes and fanservice but zero plot, whilst the FA festival episode was completely empty but had some development in the last minutes.
That's the disappointing part, sadly - while nothing earth-shattering, the sports festival in the VN did have a number of bonding moments that could pass for plot, but the anime completely obliterated all of those.

Spoiler for Comparison with the Sports festival in the VN:

Quote:
All in all, after the pretty peculiar (and commendable) first episode, this series so far has turned out to be very very generic.
Aye, i definitely agree here - the show started out with a pretty strong and likable atmosphere that has been gradually lost as the series goes on. I Blame this on their attempts to remain as "hands-off" regarding developments between the heroines and Kazuma as possible. Hoshizora never had much in terms of plot - it was a pure chara-ge, riding entirely on character interactions and most importantly Kazuma's developing relationship with a heroine.

The first and second episodes had a nice feeling to them because those were the setup ones that roughly followed the VN, but now we are already at a point where originally there was relationship building going on. In its attempt not to advance Kazuma's relationship with any specific heroines though, the anime has blocked all of that, essentially gutting the one thing which made Hoshizora work in the first place. So we are left with stuff like crossdressing Ayumu (which never happened originally) and overblown brocon tendencies, and none of the fluffy bonding that was the original core of the story. Disappointing, indeed.
Old 2011-05-11, 14:27   Link #185
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
That's the disappointing part, sadly - while nothing earth-shattering, the sports festival in the VN did have a number of bonding moments that could pass for plot, but the anime completely obliterated all of those.
I assume they're cutting off every possible flag events, but it is easily deducible from the anime since after 5 episodes we can't really understand which heroine is in the lead. We'd tent to think Ui because of what happened in episode 1 and because she's the one who sticks around him the most. Otherwise I'd say Ayumu is in first place as of now.
Unless they decide to focus on someone on next episodes, we're either going towards an open ending, or otherwise near the end they'll just a couple of dices and decide who wins.

Quote:
Disappointing, indeed.
Which leads to the question, also considering Oretsuba (though I have to admit that its plot looks too complex to fit a 12 episodes series), what was the last good anime adaptation of an eroge? Kimiaru comes to mind, but it was a comedy/romance (and in facts it worked thanks to the comedy), not a pure romance.
Old 2011-05-11, 15:05   Link #186
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
I assume they're cutting off every possible flag events, but it is easily deducible from the anime since after 5 episodes we can't really understand which heroine is in the lead. We'd tent to think Ui because of what happened in episode 1 and because she's the one who sticks around him the most. Otherwise I'd say Ayumu is in first place as of now.
Unless they decide to focus on someone on next episodes, we're either going towards an open ending, or otherwise near the end they'll just a couple of dices and decide who wins.
The fact Ayumu could be considered "in lead" (wait, does that mean he is in the running ...) is a thought disturbing enough to give me nightmares But yeah, they are indeed cutting away flag events and watering down the rest of interactions to the point they seem inconsequential.

Are we going towards an open ending ? God, i hope not - nothing says time wasted in my book like a romance show where the romance isn't concluded. Time will tell i suppose - they still have enough episodes to turn things around and start heading in a certain direction. Ui seems like the obvious choice and probably the easiest to build a relationship out of, seeing how she hangs around with Kazuma most of the time. But you never know these days ... it is almost impressive how non-personal and hallow they have managed to make even Ui's interactions with him

Quote:
Which leads to the question, also considering Oretsuba (though I have to admit that its plot looks too complex to fit a 12 episodes series), what was the last good anime adaptation of an eroge? Kimiaru comes to mind, but it was a comedy/romance (and in facts it worked thanks to the comedy), not a pure romance.
Yosuga no Sora ? Controversy surrounding it aside, i believe it did a passable job considering the timefrime, and the relationships certainly went somewhere. But then again that was an omnibus format, so probably doesn't count for this specific comparison. I would probably have to reach several years in to past for a satisfying answer, possibly as far as ef - a tale of ... , which is disheartening indeed, to say the least, and a disturbing trend.
Old 2011-05-11, 17:21   Link #187
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh Hoshizora he Kakaru Hashi, you cheese filled, guilty pleasure, I'm sure your bad for my health

Well I'd like to quote what I said before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I think the little brother would have been better as a little sister or if he liked dressing up as a girl
lol there is no escape for little brothers nowadays

Highlights of the ep 5

- Bread Eating race, both Ui and Madoka were adroble, more so with Madoka

- Hina's race, I find myself agreeing with the hordes of screaming girls "Kyyyaa~ kakkoii~"

- Mugi-chan's race, dear god I had no idea she was gonna be the clumsy type, favorite and best part of the ep! <3

- I wish I had a "Large Breasts" homing arrow, what a wonderful thing to have.

- Ibuki overcoming her distraction with some great visual therapy(?)

- Milf butt battle?!
can you say
?

- We're back to imouto-chan, I think it's better if we move on!

- To eat/drink 30 bowls of Red Bean soup, like hell, I can eat alot and I love Red Bean Soup but I'd be really pushing it at 10 bowls let alone 30.

- eels....I think we all knew where that was going

- Costumes! everyone loves costumes! Ui and Hina had the best ones and as well were the best part of the remainder of the ep.

- Koyori's moment of glory was probably the only part that felt connected to any plot this series might have

All in all, yes still a very very generic but hey not all bad

next ep looks like fun, table tennis!

p.s Still Needs moar Mugi-chan, Hina-chan and Madoka-chan!
Old 2011-05-11, 18:02   Link #188
Dahak86
Classics never age

noooooooooooo~ he's back! ... and to think they did such a great job at getting rid of him in ep4.

have to agree with Skyfall and lolitron, truly disturbing. (hope I won't be having nightmares because of this)

Spoiler for f-service gifs:
Old 2011-05-11, 18:55   Link #189
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

I really liked the sports festival. It was pretty fun.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 19:15   Link #190
tsunade666

I already had nightmares and disturbing thoughts with the thumbs up of scene. Aside from the .....I can't say it because I will just get angry more little brother, the big brother too has a ton of loose screws on his head.

But the highlight for me probably is the princess cradle or carrying scene. I really like it despite the over cheesy on top of honey scene. That scene just made my day aside it helps me to forget the -_- dis.....ting little brother scene. I really hate it. I rarely fast forward a scene. And this is one of that kind of scene where I need to fast forward it.
Old 2011-05-11, 19:25   Link #191
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

So much distaste for the Ayumu the cheerleader.

I've been de-sensitized from such things, and frankly I found Kazuma's reaction towards it incredibly hilarious.

Oh and Hina's panting when chasing Ui in the penguin suit was just as hilarious as well.~
Old 2011-05-11, 20:27   Link #192
mysterious

This episode is kind of cheesy at times but overall, I have a good time with the festival. They really dont hesitate to pull out all the stop for fanservice. I lol when the two boys got a hard on by Madoka bouncing breasts (hell, who wouldnt?) so they have to lower the bread pole to hide their rising poles And Tsugumi gets stuck in the ladder is just so arousing ~
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 20:36   Link #193
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Gyahaha, who said Ayumu is a zombie? Who did? Give me a "M"! Give me a "A"! Give me a oh hell no don't look at me, just because I kept thinking he's a zombie doesn't mean I actually thought he'd crossdress that was like the biggest flooring moment I've had this season, but when the fe-fi-fo-fum stomping big bro confronted Daigo, and then gave a Roger Ebert thumbs up, I could only put on my classic face and then holler. Seriously... disturbing
Seriously disturbing indeed, that pink cheerleader miniskirt outfit
"No, Ayumu, you mustn't get any cuter!"

Quote:
But I love the bounce in this ep. Har har, would I have said anything else? Keep raging dhh11, I thought she'd keep bouncing but the 2 guys ruined it XD now I'm pondering editing my sig, although the final version might be too suggestive for forum I guess though, with that scavenger race, when Kazuma chose Madoka, does that mean she has this series' biggest ones?
Hmm... actually, I'd say that Tsumugi has the biggest breasts. Compare the two:

Quick, someone do a breast size comparison chart!

Madoka however can use her bounce very well, getting two poles to rise so that the bread poles lowered

Quote:
And someone planned those race costumes to my tastes, because china-dress Hina was delightful. Though somebody explain to me why she didn't notice Pochama Ui exiting the gate never mind, I know the answer: she tried to hide her cute sky-blue pantsu.
Yes, Hina in her china dress was fine
I've made a stitch of her (not 100% because she moved her arm while the image scrolling )

Quote:
Koyori winning, eh, kinda expected. I mean she had the more "valid" reason for winning, no one else had any serious motivation besides her, and leave it to the groom to help the Runaway Bride. Someone in the festival staff ought to get their head checked, clearly the girl who wears shoes with heels and a long dress is at a serious disadvantage, gotta laugh though with Hina running with those heels.
Hina runing with her heeals was nothing. Ui running with her penguin feet was

Quote:
The lack of Ibuki in this ep is interesting. Might she be relegated to being a side character, hmm...
We got to see her for the archery bit, at least.

Quote:
With next ep, maybe we'll be getting bouncey's every ep from now on.
I certainly wouldn't object

Another epic moment you didn't mention was the Eel Catching

Dahak,
nice fanservice gifs
Old 2011-05-12, 07:06   Link #194
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

Well... most eroge harem based anime got its flag raised about 5-6 eps before the end. So I just wait for ep 8 or 9 to see which heroine will be chosen by Kazuma. Airhead adorable glutton Ui, Caring Onee-san Tsumugi, Kuudere Oneesan Hina, Precocious loli Hiyori, Osananajimi imouto Madoka or Overprotective bff Ibuki.
Old 2011-05-12, 08:00   Link #195
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Seriously disturbing indeed, that pink cheerleader miniskirt outfit
"No, Ayumu, you mustn't get any cuter!"

The super fu** up disturbing is they even show the underwear of this failed trap. did they use a brief or a pantsu I don't know and I don't want to damn know.

The brother too is disturbing for liking it.

It's a good thing I will be seeing hideyoshi next season

This is all I need to forget the nightmare called little brother

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-12, 11:14   Link #196
Marina2

Hmm, look like Ui and Nodoka are the two girls that have a chance to end up with Kazuma. However, Ibuki may join the love battle later too.

There is one little thing I don't get about Ibuki's casual cloth in anime version. Why does she wear a jacket over her tube top in anime version? Is a tube top too revealing for anime? Luckily, look like she will take it off next ep. ^^

Last edited by Marina2; 2011-05-12 at 11:25.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 14:10   Link #197
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Hoshikaka 05 - Taupen:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 16:58   Link #198
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwc View Post
Well... most eroge harem based anime got its flag raised about 5-6 eps before the end. So I just wait for ep 8 or 9 to see which heroine will be chosen by Kazuma. Airhead adorable glutton Ui, Caring Onee-san Tsumugi, Kuudere Oneesan Hina, Precocious loli Hiyori, Osananajimi imouto Madoka or Overprotective bff Ibuki.
After the scene with his little brother in a pink cheerleader outfit and him liking it, I'm almost tempted to say, he'll say at the end: "Sorry girls, but I'm gay and in love with my little brother."

However, it doesn't seem quite that bad yet... the most likely candidates for me are (in that order) Ui, Madoka and now Hiyori (because she won the race with him).
Old 2011-05-13, 04:44   Link #199
CWW
Lurker

Ibuki is the dark outsider in my opinion. She is the only one who hasn't been made the butt of a joke so far (sometimes literally). Well, she and Koyori, but I imagine this was her 'episode'. Lolis never win it in the end anyway.

But, yeah, otouto end is a real possibility. What trolling that would be!
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 07:46   Link #200
tsunade666

If the little gay brother is the ending then it's the biggest troll ever.

Ibuki is indeed shows a bit darkness in the side of the story. Even the ending song among all the flowers hers kinda dark.

btw
I only knew little about flowers or language about flowers but anyone knew and can list what corresponds flowers in the ending song for each character?

Ui looks like the one who has likely to have an ending with.

Tags
comedy, eroge, harem, seinen