AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 05:48   Link #81
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Wait, is that girl with Leon the same whiny bitch from the 3D movie?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 05:57   Link #82
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Even if this game..is not the same after Res 4...i buy it..like the 4 and the 5.....just because i want to know the story..i hope that the story is good...however...Capcom could do a Res like the first three..even if for me the 1 and 2 were the best.many enemies,a few bullets,and super suspense...and good brain teasers...in this generation..only Alan Wake,gave me a bit of excitement in this way...
Old 2012-01-21, 06:02   Link #83
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Wait, is that girl with Leon the same whiny bitch from the 3D movie?
Nope, confirmed new character by Kotaku - Helena Harper, United States Government Agent.

Probably Secret Service, but not confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Even if this game..is not the same after Res 4...i buy it..like the 4 and the 5.....just because i want to know the story..i hope that the story is good...however...Capcom could do a Res like the first three..even if for me the 1 and 2 were the best.many enemies,a few bullets,and super suspense...and good brain teasers...in this generation..only Alan Wake,gave me a bit of excitement in this way...
Yes, and Alan Wake did that with plentiful bullets and supplies available, so there's no reason Resident Evil can't do the same while keeping to their new love for stylish action.

But it can't be helped... Not everyone can get Sam Lake to write for them
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 06:14   Link #84
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nope, confirmed new character by Kotaku - Helena Harper, United States Government Agent.

Probably Secret Service, but not confirmed.

Yes, and Alan Wake did that with plentiful bullets and supplies available, so there's no reason Resident Evil can't do the same while keeping to their new love for stylish action.

But it can't be helped... Not everyone can get Sam Lake to write for them
True...the narrative component, was the best features in Alan Wake..
however i like to play the new Res in coop..like i did in Res 5..i liked it too much..,
Old 2012-01-21, 07:28   Link #85
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
NOOO MY LOLI! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY LOLI SHERRY?

No matter. She returned.

Can I finally has some loli zombies to kill now ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 09:24   Link #86
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
True...the narrative component, was the best features in Alan Wake..
however i like to play the new Res in coop..like i did in Res 5..i liked it too much..,
I'm very certain there's going to be a mercenary/raid mode for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Can I finally has some loli zombies to kill now ?
Zombies probably ate them all before they got a chance to be reanimated...
Old 2012-01-21, 21:33   Link #87
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's not Sherry, it's Ashley.

lol IGN.

Read Neogaf if you want actual gaming news.

We have gotten a lot of info since the last thread, so I compiled it and am making a new thread.

Quick Info Guide:
-Ashley is the blonde female character
-Splitscreen returns (for two people)
-2-6 player co-op
-2-8 player online
-Moving/shooting is in
-Cover system is in
-Game takes places in 2013 *and* 10 years after Raccoon City (this is conflicting...)
-Info on a demo will arrive in the coming months
-It is implied co-op is seen in the trailer
-150 person development team, 600 total with all outsourcing/support staff
-In development for 2 years so far
-Note: When it says 1-2 offline, the same is listed on Gears of War 3's page, which has AI co-op partners:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459781
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 21:53   Link #88
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I guess we can't really punch/combo zombies anymore huh? xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 22:22   Link #89
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
2013 and 10 years after raccoon city is incredibly conflicting, even operation raccoon city takes place in the same time, so they really have no out with this. Unless they're planning on rewriting stuff.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 22:29   Link #90
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Sometimes, I can't shake the feeling that Capcom just wants to destroy part of the Biohazard/RE franchise that they don't like.

It's like the only thing they liked from the pre-RE4 generation of RE were Raccoon City Incident, Chris and Leon. Heck, I'm not even sure they even like Chris that much other than the fact they're stuck with him as the 'overall' protagonist of the franchise.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2012-01-21, 22:39   Link #91
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
2013 and 10 years after raccoon city is incredibly conflicting, even operation raccoon city takes place in the same time, so they really have no out with this. Unless they're planning on rewriting stuff.
Operation Raccoon City is a 'What if' scenario, I doubt it's actually a remake meant for the Canon story.

Honestly at this point there still seems to be alot of conflicting information that I can't anything without alot of salt.
Old 2012-01-21, 23:37   Link #92
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Operation Raccoon City is a 'What if' scenario, I doubt it's actually a remake meant for the Canon story.

Honestly at this point there still seems to be alot of conflicting information that I can't anything without alot of salt.
I know, but my point was even if they wanted to use that very loose game, they can't. Raccoon City was shortly after RE:1 so they can't claim this takes place in 2013 and 10 years after Raccoon City.
Old 2012-01-21, 23:43   Link #93
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I know, but my point was even if they wanted to use that very loose game, they can't. Raccoon City was shortly after RE:1 so they can't claim this takes place in 2013 and 10 years after Raccoon City.
If there's two stories going on in Resident Evil 6 with one in 2008 and one in 2013 then they can.
Old 2012-01-22, 00:09   Link #94
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Thank you for the treat. I'm downloading all the related videos right now.
I propose that we ban or boycott this game to prevent fujoshis from destroying imageboards and youtube.

Quote:
If there's two stories going on in Resident Evil 6 with one in 2008 and one in 2013 then they can.
Most likely it is a three-story scenario. Leon (2008/9) > Chris (2013) > Alex/Sherry (2014).

Most likely by 2014 the outbreak engulfed the entire European continent and turned China into Zombieland.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 00:36   Link #95
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Ding ding.

Leon's story is pre RE5.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 00:38   Link #96
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Ding ding.

Leon's story is pre RE5.
Ah that never occurred to me. Hm, that's pretty neat, though it might've been cooler to have Chris and Leon meet cross over into their own missions.
Old 2012-01-22, 00:55   Link #97
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's not Sherry, it's Ashley.

lol IGN.
Counterargument: That is not the official facebook. I still stay with the Sherry theory, since I can't imagine Capcom messing up the hair like that. Also, Ashley doesn't seem that athletic like how the blond girl was like.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 01:01   Link #98
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Personally, I'm not too bothered by the whole Ashley-Sherry affair, but I don't like the idea of the timeline being spread too far apart (2008-2013)... Both Leon and Chris aren't getting any younger...

At the same time, I hope "ten years from Raccoon City" isn't being too literal, there's no reason why the story can't continue pass RE5 given how every other Terror Cell in the world could easily get their hands on bioweapons.
Old 2012-01-22, 08:16   Link #99
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Sometimes, I can't shake the feeling that Capcom just wants to destroy part of the Biohazard/RE franchise that they don't like.
It's unavoidable since they lost much of their core staffs like Mikami and Kamiya that builds their flagships titles. Notice how there isn't a new franchise for Capcom this gen like RE for PS1 and Devil May Cry for PS2 ? And now they are rebooting Devil May Cry since there's no new input, so you may be correct about Capcom rebuilding RE from the grounds up here.

Now, unlike the majority of you people expressing optimisim about RE6, I do not have high hopes for Capcom setting new grounds for this aging franchise. I just hope they can maintain some standards, but even I'm pessimistic about it given how RE5 turns out.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 08:36   Link #100
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Personally, I'm not too bothered by the whole Ashley-Sherry affair, but I don't like the idea of the timeline being spread too far apart (2008-2013)... Both Leon and Chris aren't getting any younger...

At the same time, I hope "ten years from Raccoon City" isn't being too literal, there's no reason why the story can't continue pass RE5 given how every other Terror Cell in the world could easily get their hands on bioweapons.
I just want the story of RE to get its proper treatment of all the existing subplots it has built, their characters and lastly, a proper closure.

I never liked the whole 'Umbrella got shut down off-screen' thing RE4 did, and never will. It felt to me that it was extending the story in various ways without actually giving the Umbrella story its appropriate end.

It was like "oops, we had too many survivors with anti-Umbrella vendetta. Can't make a game with all of them, so let's kill Umbrella off-screen and pretend Barry/Carlos/etc doesn't exist outside just mini-games."