AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-05-27, 06:52   Link #21
purusani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allium View Post
Stumbled upon a hilarious Guren no Yumiya cover by Yuuki Kaji (Eren), Hiro Shimono (Connie Springer) and Yui Ishikawa (Mikasa). Link.
awesome ;D
Old 2013-05-27, 08:07   Link #22
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
I love the ost that plays when mikasa is wondering why she's fighting in episode 7, I think it's the same ost as when the teacher lectures about titans in episode 5
It's also the same one that plays in episode 3 when you see the first drop outs from the training camp, in my eyes it's clearly the best theme for the show so far and nothing else is close, a top tier Sawano track.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 11:06   Link #23
YamaDan
Autistic

Am I the only one who think's, that this (from 15:35 to 16:08) fits pretty good?
Old 2013-06-01, 23:51   Link #24
David_The_Gnome
MR Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's also the same one that plays in episode 3 when you see the first drop outs from the training camp, in my eyes it's clearly the best theme for the show so far and nothing else is close, a top tier Sawano track.
Levi's theme in ep 9 is rather badass as well for a sick character. Love the intro guitar riffs.
David_The_Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 16:54   Link #25
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I think the OP is the best song ever by Revo. Now Revo and Sound/Linked Horizon songs - they are just wacky as hell, totally otaku. Multiple singers all in cosplay gear, including Revo himself, and a black dude just doing poetry reading on the background. I was never really into his music (except his collaboration with Kajiura-dono), but the OP was really good and surprisingly mainstream for him.

This is a typical Sound Horizon (Linked Horizon is his new project name) concert. Wait for the black dude to show up.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 12:56   Link #26
Dread Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
I love the ost that plays when mikasa is wondering why she's fighting in episode 7, I think it's the same ost as when the teacher lectures about titans in episode 5
Yeah I check this thread daily to find out when and where I can get that track
Dread Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 16:15   Link #27
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Fox View Post
Yeah I check this thread daily to find out when and where I can get that track
Yeah I'm sure they're going to release OST CDs.. probably more than 1 given how hot the series is in Japan.
Old 2013-06-05, 00:38   Link #28
Dread Fox

I know they will I just want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!

That track would be perfect for my last set at the gym when I'm feeling tired and ready to give up haha
Dread Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 16:55   Link #29
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I think the creators of the opening may have made a mistake.

At the beginning of the OP you can hear words in German: "Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger", which translated into English means: "They are the food and we are the hunters".
Either the creators want to make a point using "food", or they made a mistake (yes Asians are humans too! They make mistakes as well!)
I don't know Japanease so I am not sure if "food" and "prey" can be described by the same word there, but in the German language it is definitly not possible.

If you wanted to say "They are the prey and we are the hunters", then you would have to use the German sentence: "Sie sind die Beute und wir sind die Jäger".

Last edited by GreyZone; 2013-06-07 at 08:37.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 02:35   Link #30
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Yeah I'm sure they're going to release OST CDs.. probably more than 1 given how hot the series is in Japan.
It really depends how much music will be available for this series. Seeing that ANN has this series listed at 26 episodes, a single OST CD is completely feasible since many other 26-ep series have been able to fit all of their music content on just one CD. That said, I haven't been keeping track of how many unique tracks have been composed for the anime, so we'll have to see.

Bonus note: Hiroyuki Sawano is using weird track names again. Track 9 of the Titan OST is 凸】♀】♂】←巨人

Tracklist for those interested:
Spoiler:

via VGMdb.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 06:12   Link #31
Alohomora
Dream Catcher ^_^

So that badass song, that played in epi 3 & 9 is The Reluctant Heroes

Hahah, the names of the tracks are typical Sawano scribbles/gibberish, but I like them. Btw, the proper name for the tracks 1 and 5 are ətˈæk 0N tάɪtn and cóunter・attàck-mˈænkάɪnd

Last edited by Alohomora; 2013-06-07 at 06:35.
Alohomora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 07:24   Link #32
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I think they creators of the opening may have made a mistake.

At the beginning of the OP you can hear words in German: "Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger", which translated into English means: "They are the food and we are the hunters".
Either the creators want to make a point using "food", or they made a mistake (yes Asians are humans too! They make mistakes as well!)
I don't know Japanease so I am not sure if "food" and "prey" can be described by the same word there, but in the German language it is definitly not possible.

If you wanted to say "They are the prey and we are the hunters", then you would have to use the German sentence: "Sie sind die Beute und wir sind die Jäger".
Actually what is surprising is that the sentence is grammatically correct. Japanese are known for caring very little about the accuracy of foreign sentences in their media.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 14:51   Link #33
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Actually what is surprising is that the sentence is grammatically correct. Japanese are known for caring very little about the accuracy of foreign sentences in their media.
That is true. Was surprised as well.
And you're right. Just reminds me of "I don't money" in TariTari (never watched TariTari but I know about that great Engrish).

I have to agree with GreyZone though. Unless it's from the PoV of titans it doesn't really make sense to say "food" since the humans don't eat the titans.
And I honestly doubt it's from the PoV of titans, just wouldn't seem right.
I think it's supposed to be a 'chant' for their people to not give up (or something like that )

Also, I love those weird names of the OST. Can't wait till it's released
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 14:54   Link #34
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle View Post
It really depends how much music will be available for this series. Seeing that ANN has this series listed at 26 episodes, a single OST CD is completely feasible since many other 26-ep series have been able to fit all of their music content on just one CD. That said, I haven't been keeping track of how many unique tracks have been composed for the anime, so we'll have to see.

Bonus note: Hiroyuki Sawano is using weird track names again. Track 9 of the Titan OST is 凸】♀】♂】←巨人

Spoiler:

via VGMdb.
Those names are fracking awesome.
Old 2013-06-07, 18:06   Link #35
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle View Post

Spoiler:

via VGMdb.
Thanks for posting this zero.

The posters on the VGMdb forum clarified and translated some of the names.

Quote:
01 attack ON titan
02 The Reluctant Heroes
03 eye-water
04 Three-dimensional Maneuvering
05 counter/attack-mankind
06 army ⇒ G♂
07 Bird in a Cage
08 DOA
09 凸] ♀] ♂] ← Titans
10 E/M/A
11 Titans ~ Extermination
12 Building Blocks
13 Everyday
14 XL-TT
15 Call your name
16 omake-pfadlib
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 11:05   Link #36
richardtengcy

Song Preview for the OST is OUT!!

http://hp.ponycanyon.co.jp/preview/a...001351&d=1&t=1

01 attack ON titan << NOT used in any episode so far
02 The Reluctant Heroes << used in Episode 3 ending OST when Eren pass the test and Levi introduction
03 eye-water << NOT used in any episode so far but very sad OST....
04 Three-dimensional Maneuvering << used in Episode 5 when Team Eren flies through the city
05 counter/attack-mankind <<used in episode 7 when Mikasa almost gave up her life
06 army ⇒ G♂ << used in Mikasa backstory in episode 6
07 Bird in a Cage (Vogel I'm Kafig) << used in Episode 1 during Eren Mom death scenes
08 DOA << used in Episode 4 and Episode 7
09 凸] ♀] ♂] ← Titans << could not remember this OST being used at any episode....><"
10 E/M/A << NOT used in any episode yet
11 Titans ~ Extermination << NOT used in any episode yet
12 Building Blocks << NOT used in any episode yet
13 Everyday << NOT used in any episode yet
14 XL-TT << used in Episode 1 and Episode 4 ending, usually when Colossal Titan turn up
15 Call your name << NOT used in any episode yet
16 omake-pfadlib<< used in Episode 6 ending OST...the piano track.....LUV this

So far i`m luving track 03, 05 and 16....

Last edited by richardtengcy; 2013-06-08 at 11:34.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 11:25   Link #37
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post

05 counter/attack-mankind <<used in episode 7 when Mikasa almost gave up her life
Love this track.

The OST is some really good stuff so far.

EDIT:
07 seems to be that rather bleak song that plays during recaps sometimes and 08 played in ep 7 after Mikasa's "sort of" rousing speech.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 18:52   Link #38
darklegends8

Yes song previews lol. I liked that they brought back an extended version of episode 3's ending ost when they introduced Levy and Hanji

Also, Eye-water is so pretty
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 20:39   Link #39
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post

01 attack ON titan << NOT used in any episode so far
02 The Reluctant Heroes << used in Episode 3 ending OST when Eren pass the test and Levi introduction
03 eye-water << NOT used in any episode so far but very sad OST....
04 Three-dimensional Maneuvering << used in Episode 5 when Team Eren flies through the city
06 army ⇒ G♂ << used in Mikasa backstory in episode 6
07 Bird in a Cage (Vogel I'm Kafig) << used in Episode 1 during Eren Mom death scenes
08 DOA << used in Episode 4 and Episode 7
09 凸] ♀] ♂] ← Titans << could not remember this OST being used at any episode....><"
10 E/M/A << NOT used in any episode yet
11 Titans ~ Extermination << NOT used in any episode yet
12 Building Blocks << NOT used in any episode yet
13 Everyday << NOT used in any episode yet
14 XL-TT << used in Episode 1 and Episode 4 ending, usually when Colossal Titan turn up
15 Call your name << NOT used in any episode yet
16 omake-pfadlib<< used in Episode 6 ending OST...the piano track.....LUV this

So far i`m luving track 03, 05 and 16....
Where is the song where Eren-Titan killed the titan who killed Thomas?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 01:18   Link #40
dark998

Some tracks are missing but there is a chance a single track contains two or even three different BGM. It was like that in the Guilty Crown OST.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote