AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-02-16, 09:11   Link #4981
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

She got the worse fate of showing up and not showing up again.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 12:00   Link #4982
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knjaz View Post
WTF is wrong with you, people?

Rukia should've been able to solo a captain+ class opponents with her Shikai alone? Renji at least got a nice Bankai upgrade. This chapter had 0 inconsistencies, with the exception of Bleach's usual "Saving someone in the last moment", but even that, in that particular case, could be explained - Byakuya surely would like to take revenge on As Nodt, and would gladly observe the fight to learn more about her abilities.
The sad thing is, Rukia could have won with just shikai. All she had to do was chop his head off after freezing him. She found a way around As Nodt's Fear, and he was practically helpless until he used Vollstandig. Renji had to go bankai because Mask had James constantly healing and powering him up. As Nodt has no such advantage.

It looks like everyone participating in this war is retarded. Rukia didn't bother to do the finishing blow. Neither did Hitsugaya, and he got his ass kicked. Cang Du could have killed him easily when he was lying on the ground, but he just had to waste his time talking to a dying dude. Bazz-B didn't finish Hitsugaya and Rangiku off and just walked away instead. BG9 decided to sit and extract data from Soifon instead of killing her, and he kissed her bankai. And so on and so on. Kubo is deliberately making everyone look like morons.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 13:16   Link #4983
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altes View Post
Kubo is deliberately making everyone look like morons.
what else is new? i cant think of a character in this series who hasn't gone full retard at one point or another
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 18:13   Link #4984
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
what else is new? i cant think of a character in this series who hasn't gone full retard at one point or another
hanataro =)
Old 2014-02-16, 21:21   Link #4985
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
She got the worse fate of showing up and not showing up again.
But yet, ironically enough, she's still standing while her dumbass captain and comrades are all nearly dead since Isane gotta heal up everyone XD

Quote:
It looks like everyone participating in this war is retarded. Rukia didn't bother to do the finishing blow. Neither did Hitsugaya, and he got his ass kicked. Cang Du could have killed him easily when he was lying on the ground, but he just had to waste his time talking to a dying dude. Bazz-B didn't finish Hitsugaya and Rangiku off and just walked away instead. BG9 decided to sit and extract data from Soifon instead of killing her, and he kissed her bankai. And so on and so on. Kubo is deliberately making everyone look like morons.
Don't forget that Rose blabbed about what his bankai can do, Shinji stood around like an idiot and got blown to kingdom come and Urahara almost got everyone killed with Opie.
Old 2014-02-16, 21:59   Link #4986
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
hanataro =)
touché salesman
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 02:04   Link #4987
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Arguably Byakuya and Kenpachi.

Outside of an arguably fanatical obsession with following orders and rules that almost had him aid in killing his sister, he hasn't done anything particularly stupid. He left Ichigo legitimately unable to fight back in their first fight, and every fight he's lost, he's been legitimately...oh wait, I forgot about the whole "These guys can steal Bankais so let me use mine". Never mind.

As for Kenpachi, you have to at some point not be "full retard" in order to go "full retard". That said, the only think he does stupid in fights is go up against people stronger than him. So far it hasn't been terminal...
Old 2014-02-18, 11:18   Link #4988
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Don't forget that Rose blabbed about what his bankai can do, Shinji stood around like an idiot and got blown to kingdom come and Urahara almost got everyone killed with Opie.
Oh yeah. That. Shit, you know Kubo is messing up when even the smartest character in-universe goes full retard. Rose is arguably not a good example, since nobody could've seen Mask's next move coming.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 16:29   Link #4989
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Did everyone forget that Renji and Komamura-taichou jobbed a lot harder throughout the series than Rukia?
No, but unlike Rukia, those two got the chance to actually do something USEFUL after they got their power ups, and got to shake off some of their low status (atleast for the moment)... Not Rukia though... even when given a rare and incredible power up she still has to deal with Damsel in distress status. Very sad for a character who is supposed to be considered one of our main characters. What was even the point of giving her any power up at all if she's just gonna be a waste of panel time and used to do nothing more than power up her brother? Heck we already KNOW that this particular villian is a lot more powerful than Byakuya; we don't need Rukia to reinforce that idea. Might aswell just skip to the part where she gets damseled; atleast then we wouldn't have been expecting her to do something.

She pretty much is the krillin of the series...
Chad would be the yamcha.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2014-02-18 at 23:26.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 01:20   Link #4990
aerosyne

Quote:
Seems that Rukia has found something cooler that 'being cool' - ICE COLD; but not just that - Absolute Zero Cold.
Edit: I'm the dumbest man alive who forgot to even finish reading said chapter. Disregard what I put in this space initially.

As far as the recent developments go, since I haven't been reading for quite a while:

- I like Renji's banki. I never really understood how his prior one symbolized the baboon portion of his sword's materialized form; this one seems much more thematically tied to that while still keeping the snake components and even beefing them up.

- Ywach's backstory was really well done, and I feel like Kubo had a world history professor imbue some knowledge of past dictators, rulers and kings on him. It's also, as others have stated, an easily countered power in theory, although it brings the question if Ywach reverts back after losing his power, does he become a baby and, if so, do the Shinigami kill him? That alone would bring Bleach back into the forefront of nearly all media since killing infants is incredibly rare in any sort of media; the last time I saw it was the Dawn of the Dead remake, and it was slightly more justified as a zombie baby.

- As Nodt is fucking creepy, and it's awesome. The art is frankly good enough to give newer or younger readers some nightmares if they've never been exposed to that kind of stuff. The only blatantly creepy characters we've seen were Aaroniero due to all the blob/body horror,Mayuri for his demented personality and Gin for never opening his eyes. You could also make an argument for Unohana with her blood-lusty personality and Wonderweiss with his strangely shaped Resurrecion, but for the huge cast, nobody stands out as really messed up besides Mayuri. As Nodt is clearly this guy, and Kubo's actually doing some good work, both the personality, the font changes and the art.

As a side note, I love his 'The fuck are you talking about?' eye capture after Rukia says 'I'm already dead'. Priceless and subtle humor, which I think the series needs instead of shoe-horned Renji-Ichigo/Ichigo-Rukia 'LET'S BE DUMB AND YELL AT EACH OTHER BECAUSE HA'.

He still can't write, though, despite momentary flashes of brilliance. The simple fact that he immediately forgot back in the Arrancar saga that Harribel could unfreeze Hitsugaya's ice and turn it back into water when he encased her in the his giant ice pillar is a pretty solid testament. Still, this recent stuff is better than the Arrancar saga (especially later on) and the horrible that was the Fullbringer saga. Yuck, saying 'Fullbringer' makes me gag.

Last edited by aerosyne; 2014-02-19 at 01:37. Reason: I'm a dumb.
aerosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 04:26   Link #4991
Eleutheria
旅行癖

570 will either be extremely cool or "you call that tiny thing a bankai"?
Old 2014-02-19, 04:38   Link #4992
Nihgthawk

Just read 569, seriously who did not see that coming.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 04:42   Link #4993
Knjaz

Does Royal Guard sees all Gotei 13 (with exception of Yama ji and maybe Aizen) as friggin noobs that can't even hold their swords properly?

After Byakuya's upgrade, that totally should be the case...
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 04:53   Link #4994
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Everyone pretty much did they just hoped kubo wouldn't be that idiotic
Spoiler for 569:
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 05:05   Link #4995
Meltyred

Meanwhile, on the latest episode of Asspull: the manga. Rukia manages to be useful (hopefully).
Stay tuned to find out the worst ways to prolong a fight.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 05:08   Link #4996
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

at least... I could see badass Byakuya again...

let's ship Byakuya X Rukia from now on.... they're perfect match

well... that Hakka no Togame moment already sealed this manga

that's it, Kubo!! We already can guess everything in your mind.... now just end this quickly
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 05:37   Link #4997
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Many of the comments I've read (not just here), pretty much wrote her off once her brother appeared. Bleach might be formulaic and poorly written but it does manage to do unexpected things occasionally. Personally I expected what others did....color me surprised that he stepped back and let Rukia do her job. I enjoyed the compliment too. It's a nice touch of character development, but I think it would have resonated more if the writing was better. Here, it just feels like a bread crumb of plot.

I do have to admit that As Nodt's design is great. Character design is something Kubo really excels at, and I'm continually impressed at what he comes up with (for the most part). Byakuya's little pep talk was zzzzzzz though. He's always been such a boring character.

Anyway, hopefully we're onto the next fight. I want to see Zaraki's powerup!
Old 2014-02-19, 07:28   Link #4998
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Many of the comments I've read (not just here), pretty much wrote her off once her brother appeared. Bleach might be formulaic and poorly written but it does manage to do unexpected things occasionally. Personally I expected what others did....color me surprised that he stepped back and let Rukia do her job. I enjoyed the compliment too. It's a nice touch of character development, but I think it would have resonated more if the writing was better. Here, it just feels like a bread crumb of plot.

I do have to admit that As Nodt's design is great. Character design is something Kubo really excels at, and I'm continually impressed at what he comes up with (for the most part). Byakuya's little pep talk was zzzzzzz though. He's always been such a boring character.

Anyway, hopefully we're onto the next fight. I want to see Zaraki's powerup!
Rukia was written off as a character pretty much the second orihime got kidnapped by aizen.
Rukia is outclassed with other characters within the show in nearly every way.
1. Lead girl- Orihime has had that role for a majority of the show
2. Love interest- Orihime has had that role for the entire show
3. Ice soul reaper- Toshiro has that role
4. Helps Ichigo with SS- Urahara took that role
5. Damsel in distress- Again orihime took that role.
6. Flat chested black haired chick- Momo took that role
Need I continue... fact is rukia is the most useless of the main girls within the 3 big manga (OP, Naruto, Bleach) (Yes I mean that sakura does more for Naruto then Rukia was for bleach)
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 08:10   Link #4999
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hah, Kubo just trolled us all. XD
Old 2014-02-19, 08:40   Link #5000
shalala

Tooold you she would get a bankai and it would end in a cliffhanger. I can see into the future :P. Ahego Jesus looks like he will finally die. Byakuya shikai looked like it now has a wider radius or at least grown in size. tbh he kinda has a pointless bankai. He sould really use his dome sword combo more often.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter