AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-25, 05:54   Link #19421
Eratas123

That works as well Why don't you make it that she's writing a novel with him as the MC or always compares his life to a manga. Kinds like Oshiroi from Ben-to.
Old 2012-01-25, 05:56   Link #19422
demino_hellsin
That one guy

She... uh... she makes him dress up in girls clothes and posts them on a blog as a fictional net idol...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 05:58   Link #19423
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Sounds like it's going to destroy mankind in a fit of rage, causing the eventual downfall of humanity and the destruction of both this world and life as we know it.
Seeing how the Minerva Kai requires a human pilot to move, "she" won't be able to do jack without him or Tsurugi since they're the only ones that can pilot it.
Old 2012-01-25, 05:58   Link #19424
Eratas123

Perfect I know I heard of some other anime where that happens Then again, friends like that tend to be yaoi fangirls as well.

@ Stratos - That's what they said about the AI that eventually took over the world in MGS4. Also, an omnicidial maniac would help "her".
Old 2012-01-25, 06:02   Link #19425
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm wondering if I should make Lyon the mentally older than he really is type, or the optimistic youth. Basically your conflicted seinen protagonist or hot-blooded shonen hero.

EDIT: @stratos: make her yandere for him! make her yandere for him! Kill all humans BUT him!
Old 2012-01-25, 06:07   Link #19426
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:

@ Stratos - That's what they said about the AI that eventually took over the world in MGS4. Also, an omnicidial maniac would help "her".
Never played any of the MGS series but I hear they have good game soundtracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
EDIT: @stratos: make her yandere for him! make her yandere for him! Kill all humans BUT him!

Sounds challenging since it would be weird seeing as he wasn't exactly her true "owner" to begin with.
Old 2012-01-25, 06:08   Link #19427
Eratas123

No reason he can't be both. Some people are mentally mature, but are actually idealistic or hot blooded on the inside if you look deep enough. Geralt from "The Witcher" fits this to a T.

@ Stratos - I posted a video yesterday about how devastating an iS would be like by getting MGS footage. Also, AI tends to be a crapshoot in sci-fi settings.
Old 2012-01-25, 06:15   Link #19428
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would it be weird if Lyon keeps his hair long because it reminds him of his mother?

Also, how bitter does one become if they are forcefully separated from their mother and is in a very large disagreement with their father?

EDIT: Not to mention gets bullied for being born the way they are and for liking something they like.
Old 2012-01-25, 06:16   Link #19429
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
\
@ Stratos - I posted a video yesterday about how devastating an iS would be like by getting MGS footage. Also, AI tends to be a crapshoot in sci-fi settings.
Unless they're antagonists, where half the time they'll simply aimbot everything.

But I could use that somewhere... Maybe have Inami's firing arm injured so she'll have an excuse to use his body to shoot something. (How she's able to move his limbs would result it real robot technobabble that I wouldn't really wanna dig into)
Old 2012-01-25, 06:22   Link #19430
Eratas123

If he doesn't really care about mocking, then no. Kodaka refuses to dye his blonde hair black since it's the only reminder he has of his mom. This causes people to think he's a delinquent, but he endures because he doesn't want to lose his only connection he has left,

This tends to cause resentment even if you don't hate the parent you live with. Resentment turns to apathy as time goes on and pretty soon you don't feel much of anything regarding it anymore. I speak from personal experience, so it's pretty accurate.

@ Stratos - Good luck with that. I tend to avoid AI as much as possible in fics.
Old 2012-01-25, 09:25   Link #19431
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Do you guys think that normal people and people who are involved in IS are different in some way? As in generally speaking.
Old 2012-01-25, 09:44   Link #19432
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Err.... I had been reading few pages back....

This is my response on what so hard about writing a female pilot:

Lot of things.

It is easier to write a male pilot than a female pilot.

Being the only few male pilots on ISA, the OC's meeting with Ichika can be quite natural (you know... since they are the only guys in the school...they should help each other out....)

-The Female pilot need to stand out from the hundreds of students in ISA just to get noticed by Ichika.

Notice that Ichika hang out with only a small group of people whom have certain attribute which made them stand out from the rest of the NPC (and Ichika remembers them?:
> Houki, Rin are childhood friends of Ichika (related to the only male IS pilot)
> Cecilia is British Rep who went against the idea of Ichika becoming the class rep(while other female character in the class support Ichika)
> Nohotoke Honne's style of dressing.
> Charlotte..... took the male path.
> Laura is militaristic (did you see any Militaristic girl in ISA?)
> Sarashiki is the freaking Student Council President
> Kanzashi is by poxy (being related to Sarashiki and Sarashiki personally requested Ichika to help her out)

It is difficult to write a female character entering the group naturally instead of forcing her way through

It is hard work to make an OC stand out from a crowd without making her look Mary Sue....

So most writer went for the lazy path of:

OMG! a male can pilot IS! Therefore Unique and Ichika and gang took notice of them immediately.

Compare that to:

A female IS pilot......

Ichika: ????????????????? There is so many girls that I can't remember her name..

Male IS pilot's path is weak, lazy and easily.

I tried to avoid that path but I am lazy so I often end up going back....

Edit: One more thing to add: The Canon Female cast are attention hogger....
Old 2012-01-25, 09:59   Link #19433
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well a female OC doesn't have to be noticed, she could just go on about a peaceful life in the ISA as a normal student.

Like for my female OC IS pilot, Tsurugi:
Spoiler for Tsurugi:
Old 2012-01-25, 10:18   Link #19434
agetreme
Just another Idiot

@StratoSpear: Tsurugi is only a secondary Main character , Your main focus is still on Inami...

What I am talking about is a Female lead character.... the one which Meister has and the one which I am still clawing my hair out trying to work on.

Edit: Normal people don't exist in fiction because they are really damn boring to write about....

Moar Edit: Let's not dwell on the topic

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-01-25 at 10:34.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 13:38   Link #19435
Eratas123

@ Stratos - Right now, Tsurugi's just a side character, so she doesn't really count.

@ Demi - Females who tend to be involved in IS differ to a certain margin. The wiki makes mention of IS academy students not being sexist, but they tend to have a casual notion of supposed superioroty supported by the "Men would lose a war in 3 days" comment. The other fact is that they have next to no experience with men due to being separated since middle school.

I also tend to show more negative aspects on Irish's scenario like some being feminists and others lording their status over others.
Old 2012-01-25, 19:00   Link #19436
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Males will lose war in 3 days?

True....

But they simply doesn't know such innocent comment is aimed at the first and by theory, only one true male I.S. pilot.

They THINK Ichika would instantly lose mind you, the same goes to Cecilia. Still ignoring the fact that Ichika can use the damn I.S.

So... fridge logic? One of the slight difference from canon is that Madoka point this. (herself using an insane troll logic).
Old 2012-01-25, 20:31   Link #19437
Eratas123

I think they refer to the fact that the male gender as a whole would lose if they faced the female's due to the power of the IS. This is once again pointed out in Shadow where some people make the comment and Irish rebukes that fighting them head on isn't the only way to fight a war. As he says: "The bigger they are, the harder they fall."

Also, they were laughing because he offered her a handicap based on the fact that she was a woman and nothing else. This made the class point out the discrepancy between the gender powers in the IS world.
Old 2012-01-25, 20:54   Link #19438
DarkJak2050

Speaking of which, here's that part from The Second (Naruto and IS crossover). But this is one slightly different, aside that Naruto's in it.

Spoiler for Class Rep. "Election".:
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 20:57   Link #19439
Eratas123

Naruto fics tend to get a crapload of reviews no matter what I don't understand why some people don't just use a crossover if they want another male rather than using some OC's.
Old 2012-01-25, 22:29   Link #19440
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, just like what you say in TLR Stratos (older and new one), in crossover it's damn hard to achieve balance. More or less, you had to include character from both verse. Which means a LOT of character to handle... :|

EDIT: Though some crossover just simply use one character and put him/her in another verse...

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-01-25 at 22:41.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest