AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-05, 00:59   Link #81
AnimeFangirl

No way. I'm not rising to the bait this time. I'm already depressed that my precious Yakumo is going to be sidelined in the next arc, grrr *finger inches towards button...*
Old 2004-05-05, 05:15   Link #82
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
weird that nobody has scanlated this manga yet since that it isn't licensed hopefully after watching the anime some group will take that project
Old 2004-05-05, 09:34   Link #83
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna8157
This particular Yakumo in the Musashi chapter won't be the main character in the next part. I read that the name Mutsu etc. is passed down to the person that learns that technique so basically the entire series will be based on generations of men that have learned that fighting technique.
See, the thing that doesn't make sense is...if the main protagonist is really going to change in a couple of eps....then they will have to make a new opening and ending, because Yakumo is clearly the character on display in both of these....
Old 2004-05-05, 20:01   Link #84
Kero Gunsou
ロリが大好きな男

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
weird that nobody has scanlated this manga yet since that it isn't licensed hopefully after watching the anime some group will take that project
I suppose I could but there are tons of historical background and figures to explain and introduce. I thought about doing it though.
Old 2004-05-06, 12:56   Link #85
donna8157

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
See, the thing that doesn't make sense is...if the main protagonist is really going to change in a couple of eps....then they will have to make a new opening and ending, because Yakumo is clearly the character on display in both of these....

Hmm.. I guess so. Does anyone know an estimate of how many more episodes until this arc ends?
Old 2004-05-06, 13:14   Link #86
Yukina

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna8157
Hmm.. I guess so. Does anyone know an estimate of how many more episodes until this arc ends?
Aoi-Anime and Impossibility are scanlating the manga.

I would say that there are about 1 or 2 episodes left for this arc.
Episode 5 gets real close to the end.
Old 2004-05-06, 22:10   Link #87
donna8157

Actually, in response to the earlier question about having a different intro, I think in the intro song we see all three Mutsu Yakumo characters from the different periods. ^_^

But anyway, this arc is gonna end soon? aww. . sniff sniff.
Old 2004-05-07, 18:15   Link #88
Kami448
Not a Member

yakumo is creepy, im sorry but theres something wrong with his face....i did like the story so far though, how is episdoe 5 near the end of the arc? the only way i could see an ending in like 2 episodes is if baby face and either the princess or the creepy girl who dresses like a man and can't fight get married or something (hes gotta have kids somehow)
Old 2004-05-07, 19:45   Link #89
Yukina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kami448
yakumo is creepy, im sorry but theres something wrong with his face....i did like the story so far though, how is episdoe 5 near the end of the arc? the only way i could see an ending in like 2 episodes is if baby face and either the princess or the creepy girl who dresses like a man and can't fight get married or something (hes gotta have kids somehow)
Well...
Spoiler for in episode 6 maybe 7:
Old 2004-05-07, 22:35   Link #90
Kami448
Not a Member

oh, i see.....how very interesting....¬_¬" that would be such a cheap ending
hey...maybe they would continue his story, its possible.....
Old 2004-05-11, 02:15   Link #91
Taejin

I might be wrong, but when I watched the OP several times, I was pretty sure those people were not all Yakumo.

If I'm not mistaken, there are several people who practice Yakumo's martial arts, including himself. I'm guessing they'll have segments for each of these characters and then combine them somehow (ie the martial artists meet, etc)
Old 2004-05-16, 03:40   Link #92
eminaJC

does anyone know the name of the ED song and who sings it?
Old 2004-05-21, 05:22   Link #93
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I finally start watching this series. This show is great.

The traditional samurai aspects in Shura no Toki is just amazing. Like the fighting techniques they used, is so cool to watch Yakumo break a katana or Musashi defeat Baiken's, what was his weapon called, "kama saguri"?

The political decision the Yagyu head did to decline musashi chalange that was interesting too. And they have to send people to kill Musashi just to preserve their clan honor.

In Shiori's case, isn't it was forbidden for a woman to become a samurai? Or even to wield a sword?

Definitely a must watch for samurai fan. ^^
Old 2004-05-21, 05:37   Link #94
MrBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Like the fighting techniques they used, is so cool to watch Yakumo break a katana or Musashi defeat Baiken's, what was his weapon called, "kama saguri"?
Kusari-gama.

This show's fights definetly have a different feel from other shows. I'm no expert, but they seem alot more realistic somehow. I especially loved the fight in ep7.
Old 2004-05-22, 09:04   Link #95
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

sigh it would be nice if i could see it...
Old 2004-05-22, 09:18   Link #96
Jeebs
Ooga Booga

Send a message via AIM to Jeebs
edit...deleted it myself...dum dum dum

Last edited by Jeebs; 2004-05-23 at 15:43.
Old 2004-05-22, 09:24   Link #97
MrBrown

Ep7 ends the current arc, and ep8 starts a new one.

Seeing as how it ended with Iori saying "and that's the last I saw of them [Yakumo and Shiori]", I assume we'll never see Yakumo again (at least not the young Yakumo).
Old 2004-05-23, 14:16   Link #98
donna8157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs
it's not three different yakumos from different periods...it's three different people from yakumo's period

1)Yakumo
2) Musashi
3)that one guy that was just introduced in ep 5...can't remember his name atm

No, there are three different people that practice Mutsu enmei ryu. Yakumo and two other people that look like Yakumo that are featured in the opening. They also show Musashi and some other characters. The difference is in the clothes that they wear. Watch it again. I believe someone else mentioned the same thing on this page stating the fact that not only Mutsu Yakumo from Musashi's period is portrayed.
Old 2004-05-25, 20:22   Link #99
Jn183

Just saw ep 6, wow..Musashi caught up to Yakumo faster than I expected. I'm looking forward to their fight. Also, the fight between that Musashi, Yakumo and That 2nd son of the Yagyuu???
Old 2004-05-25, 21:39   Link #100
darkwave
Manual Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jn183
Just saw ep 6, wow..Musashi caught up to Yakumo faster than I expected. I'm looking forward to their fight. Also, the fight between that Musashi, Yakumo and That 2nd son of the Yagyuu???
Hopefully the fight with Yakumo and Musashi will not disappoint. I want it to last more than a minute atleast. >_<

Last edited by darkwave; 2004-05-25 at 22:00.
Closed Thread