AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-19, 09:42   Link #21
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
I think I'll watch it very soon. Thanks GHDpro you made me feel like it.
Actually I watched "Inside Man" instead, today. (Yup, monday is cheaper for guys, here... )
Old 2006-06-19, 21:00   Link #22
sorvani

well i can't speak more than greetings and about 50 words past that yet but i will be in my hotel in Shibuya friday by 6 with no plans until Saturday at noon, i may just go see this because i've really been looknig forward to it. And honestly it will make it that much better when i finally get the R2 (assuming it's gonna have Eng subs) because there is nothing like an action movie in on the big screen.AT least until i got a spare 10 grand to build a home theater
Old 2006-06-19, 21:20   Link #23
domino
デレデレ

Not surprising... the Death Note movie was the #1 movie in Japanese theaters over the weekend. ( according to this site's tracking of box office sales) I wonder if it's as good as the hype makes it seem? Can't wait for a DVD release.

Speaking of DVD releases: how long do Japanese movies usually run in theaters? And how much time is there usually between theatrical debut and DVD release (in Japan)?
Old 2006-06-20, 19:44   Link #24
sorvani

Shinobi was realeased at the begining of February. wasn't it a summer blockbuster last year?

I've never looked into release schedules since i opnly order a few R2 movies a year.
Old 2006-06-20, 21:39   Link #25
Sakuya
*Artist

Well, the Saikano live action movie was in theaters in January 2006 and the DVD was just released today. Well, June 21 but today is the 21st in Japan.
Old 2006-06-20, 22:13   Link #26
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Well, the Saikano live action movie was in theaters in January 2006 and the DVD was just released today. Well, June 21 but today is the 21st in Japan.
Hm, about a 5 month wait then... *weep*
Though I have a feeling the Death Note movie may spread to theaters outside of Japan... (I remember seeing a map of the world in Raito's room when the official site first opened, but you could only look at it close up and there was no info on it yet...)
Old 2006-06-20, 23:51   Link #27
uzumaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
This movie looks so good!!

It will probably never be in American theaters, but maybe on DVD... especially since the Red Hot Chili Peppers are doing its theme song... ^_^
Well, that song isn't made for DN, they are using it as that, which makes no sense at all since Death Note isn't about rock, the Dani person, America, etc. I think they are using it just because it sounds cool, which is definitely not an indicator of a good movie.

And the eyeliner on L in the picture looks really bad...it looks fake and cos-play-ey. They could've atleast made it a bit more natural. T_T
Old 2006-06-21, 00:19   Link #28
SlugZilla
woofles

All the reader reviews seem to point that it's a good movie. Misa Misa so cute, the black hair kind of put me down though.
Old 2006-06-21, 00:29   Link #29
Aiya Kasai

There is alot I don't like about the live action movie...like how misa has black hair for some reason. I dunno it just doesn't seem like its going to measure up to the manga....The only reason why I am seeing it is to see L...cause he seems like the one most like his character.

Eh...maybe I am just too big of a DN fan...nothing is good enough unless you grab the people from the manga...lol.
Old 2006-06-23, 06:11   Link #30
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
I saw it wednesday and found it quite cool. The shinigami looks great, L too. Light is sort of uninteresting, compared to the manga, but it's OK. Misa is cute anyways. The plot has changed, it got more simple, but I wasn't expecting much from a live action movie, so...

On the whole, I am happy I watched it. Can't wait for what's to come, though I won't be in Japan in November...
Old 2006-06-23, 21:49   Link #31
DwArD
mAnIaC

Damn......looks like I gotta wait till the movie is released on DVD then. I sometimes really wish that I'm in Japan right now
Old 2006-06-30, 01:51   Link #32
Shuin4
You faked all of it.

Edit: Nvm

Anyway, can someone give a quick run-down of the movie for us who are living in america and have read the manga? I'm interested in seeing how everything translated on the big screen.
Old 2006-07-04, 12:14   Link #33
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

To Shuin4, I tink Garten did a good rundown of the movie. U can read his blog at

http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/

Anyway, the plot apparently deviates a bit frm the manga itself. With Raito havin a gf to start with and somehow some of the scenes haf changed compared to the manga. Sorry to say that, as a fan of Raito sama ( L oso - k, i like all genius ), I dun really like the part that they actually portray Raito as someone who is so evil so soon aka plotting his own gf's death. Cos' to me, there shld be a transition of how he turns to the evil side. I dun believe that he is that evil to start with. (juz cos of his incident with the yakuza???)

But, i haf to admit that movie as it is, due to certain time constraint, there is not enuff time to depict everything or shld i say "as accordin to the manga". It is still a good movie and all I can hope is a better part 2. Actually, I have higher hope for the anime oso.

BTW, sorry to all Fujiwara Tatsuya's fans. But, I m still not able to c him portraying as Raito sama. He, is to me, lacking of certain element such as the "confidence and evil look"
Old 2006-07-07, 16:03   Link #34
Sakuya
*Artist

When does the DVD come out in Japan?
Old 2006-07-10, 22:08   Link #35
sorvani

based on things like how long recent japanese summer blockbusters take i would say december to february sometime.

i just pray it comes pre-subtitled like shinobi did. even if most will pirate it anyway.
Old 2006-07-11, 19:48   Link #36
Sakuya
*Artist

It's weird that there's no news about that on the official site by now.
Old 2006-07-12, 08:55   Link #37
ShikaShika
無罪

I've only read the blog linked to above, and I'm quite pleased by what I've read. At the rate they're going, it sounds like the 2nd movie will end about where the manga (imho) went from great to crap. Which must mean they're doing an original ending, and if the ending's good the movies stand a terrific chance of becoming better than the source material.
Old 2006-07-12, 15:58   Link #38
Sakuya
*Artist

I agree, the manga right now is really boring with all the politics. It's always good to see new stuff.
Old 2006-08-11, 11:08   Link #39
whitewolfreturns

i've been looking on the interent, does any one know if the death note movie is gonna be released in england?
Old 2006-08-12, 07:53   Link #40
Lotiman

It seem from the reply above the movie wouldn't be release so soon. Might be release in the next 3-6 months huh.
Closed Thread