AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-30, 15:09   Link #18081
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
WARNING WARNING THREAD DERAILMENT.

*ahem*

SaiGAR 2k8 is open. Relevant to us because A: Nanoha and Subaru are on the list and B: It's fucking SaiGAR. (Though I have to ask, how did Vita, Signum, or Elio not make it?)

Subaru doesn't stand a chance, actually. Assuming she somehow beats out Kyon and Lord Genome, she then will probably have to go up against THE PERSON WHO SHOULD WIN SAIGAR.

THAT'S NOT, NOT NANOHA. THE PERSON WHO SHOULD WIN SAIGAR 2008 IS HE, THE SWORD THAT CLEAVES EVIL, ZENGAR ZOMVOLT!

*ahem*

Nanoha stands a much better chance. If she can get past L, Graham, and Randel, not even Lockon will be able to stop her.

Though I have to ask how some people got on the list. I mean, Viral, Kamina, Genome, Simon, Kittan are suitably epic, but is it necessary to have nearly the entire cast of TTGL? Why are Okazaki and Yuuichi on this list - they're KEY characters, and no KEY character is GAR.

Shinji and Gendo? What? I know Shinji becomes awesome for a while in Rebuild, but not enough to warrant a SaiGAR nomination.

Naruto? No. Kakashi, maybe, but not Naruto.

Also looks like Konata is trying for SaiGAR despite losing SaiMoe.

*facepalm* DANGO?!

...right, it's up to us to push Nanoha and Zengar to the top.
Old 2007-12-30, 18:05   Link #18082
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

This thread always makes me feel so out-of-place...
Everyone talking about something and me just kind of and trying to understand. It's like being a non-scientist in a scientist convention where they only speak in scientist!

Well I finished my rough draft of Rune and have done some changes to her personality. Going to get that 'teaser' I made re-written by tomorrow maybe... I'd say today but that would just be a shot in the dark. Lame library computers and them timing me out. Or auto-logging me out of Suki as I type... *sigh*
Old 2007-12-30, 19:30   Link #18083
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
This thread always makes me feel so out-of-place...
Everyone talking about something and me just kind of and trying to understand. It's like being a non-scientist in a scientist convention where they only speak in scientist!
And I finally return from the Abyss...to find a surprisingly small amount of backlog, given I haven't really checked here in a week or so.

@kriss: Don't worry one bit about it. Just smile and nod... "Off-topic" is a very academic term around here. The Topic Of The Day(trademark ore) is whatever we feel like discussing.

We may operate under a given name, but this is really a social board at this point. Amirite?
Old 2007-12-30, 19:32   Link #18084
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Seems like it
And all the Cheesium that I never understand! It boogles ze mind.

Oh well. At least it gives me a place to make OCs and show them off whenever they aren't buried in the backlog.
Old 2007-12-30, 19:37   Link #18085
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

*crawls into thread*Whoa what's this I see? A mini backlog! Okay not really, there aren't a lot of posts but there sure is a lot more content compared to the past 2 weeks.

Gonna go through and break some backlog when I get back. This job has surprisingly very little free time to sit down and write stuff. Bad miscalculation on my part. *crawls back to work still tired from the yesterday*
Old 2007-12-30, 20:49   Link #18086
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Shinobu Nakajima, aka Glock's late love interest killed by Daemon Mai

Haven't really delved much into her, asides from some glimpses into her style and personality

WANT THIS NAO

Quote:
In somewhat unrelated news...

Jigoku Shoujo Third Season?!?!?!?!?!?! You must be kidding... Now looking forward to more of Mai Ai Enma's misadventures into Unholy Punishment

*runs*
Looks like I sinners no longer have safe place to hide.

*runs*

=============

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Well, it's all right, considering that most everyone is in a celebrative mood right now. New previews in a new year sounds just mighty fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Sounds extremely EPIC!
Old 2007-12-30, 22:23   Link #18087
Mortarion
I am the Stig

*collapses back in*

Phew...told you I'd be back, well my firs question is whats saigar? ive never even heard of that. Anyhow, I took peoples comments on board and did a bit of tweaking on Beros, also got roudn to writting Amalia's bio, which is why it all took so long as i had to go off and draw her as well so i knew what i was working with, ive also finished drwaing Beros, so ill scan them in and upload them at some stage. Again im open to comments and all that.

Spoiler for Spoilered for major length:

Have a good new year guys ^.^
Old 2007-12-31, 00:23   Link #18088
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Quote:
Augh. Damn the canon for being self-contradictory. Chrono did say in the first season that bringing the dead back to life was Completely Impossible for magic.
Bear in mind, one of Jail's major defining characteristics is his heavy use of and acceptance of esoteric technology as well as magic.

therefore, it's possible that what Magic cannot achieve, technology can. This may also apply to the other supposed impossibility for magic...

and now for something completely different:

Spoiler for length:
Old 2007-12-31, 03:47   Link #18089
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
“ This is Betrayal! This is Abandonment…This is totally unfair!!”
This line did it for me. ^__^ H4XX, but lol hax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Spoiler:
WTF SaiGar 2k8? SUBARU?! Fuck her, Vitachans has more gar.

Right, supporting Zengar and Nanoha to the top. Although... Nanoha doesn't really have hotblood gar. She had befriending gar...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2007-12-31, 06:29   Link #18090
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Yes, I have more questions now. Some of them may be stupidly obvious, but my research options are limited. This one is about mage rankings.

I've always thought, based on something I can't remember rightly at the moment, that the mere ability to fly requires magic rank A at least. I've chosen to interpret this as meaning as the ability to defy gravity under one's own power (without the use of, say, Wing Road, or riding something that can naturally fly) while also being able to perform other strenuous actions; in other words, the flight ability is second nature to these mages, and they can do so without concentrating that much.

However, I've just read this, specifically the "Mage Rank Examination" section, which states "Also, on average Armed Forces member are usually ranked D~C, while B rank is known to many Air/Ground mages to be an unpassable wall at first."

Am I reading it incorrectly, or does this mean that the Average Air mage, which I'm assuming to mean those nameless grunts who are there mainly as cannon fodder or to be impressed by the Aces/Strikers, but can still fly, does not, in fact, have to be rank A?

Now, the members of the 37th CIAA (with the exception of Nova) are ranked A and above, entirely because I assumed that rank A was a prerequisite for flight. In light of this, though, I have to ask: should I downgrade their ranks? I'd rather not have them be more powerful than absolutely necessary, since I'm pretty bad at thinking up of challenges for the really powerful characters that doesn't translate into a kryptonite weakness or sheer brute force.

If it helps, and for those unfamiliar with the 37th CIAA (still without a proper unit name, despite Ivey's insistence on "Boobies" somewhere in there), this is one of those units which are tasked to investigate and apprehend notorious criminals, like mad scientists who are slightly less accomplished than Jail Scaglietti or Precia Testarossa. They are not elite or well-known, and in fact they are seen as a unit just dead-end enough to send enforcers with troublesome personality quirks to, but not so bad as to be completely hopeless.

I'll have some new Original Characters (well, two villains, one of whom is a mad scientist type) soon, I promise.
Old 2007-12-31, 09:03   Link #18091
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
In a dimension far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far away...

In a city called Prontera, Creator-Kun, tired after a successful "Negotiation" with Randgris, types away on his inter-dimensional messaging device.

"So far... we still need to piece together this 'special mode' that can suit Yui Minawa well, still working out a few bugs, maybe they can be ironed out when i come back to Outer Cadia- I still say that Yui should get a boy toy... to use this."

"On the other hand, I've managed to dig something up in transit towards Yui Minawa personally- well the person looking for her gave this to me... Please give this to her please."

*Teleports an envelope*

Spoiler for Letter to Yui Minawa:

"If her creator-kun can see this, please give me a reply, response or suggestions to ensure "Royal Cosplay Mahem""

"And on the other hand, Andrei has given me this intel clip... well before an accident happened."

Spoiler for The Alterante and True Realities - for now:

"By the way, the accident he was talking about was the memory of the cameras running out while on shooting. Seriously, he has the aid of T3H CAMERAWOMAN *Hears 'ohohohohoho' in the background*... so why not ask for more camera help?"

"And yes, Keroko, i hope they are not too OOC..."

"And on other news, Sky Girls is making me produce more crack... but i managed to shelve "Sky Girls: Accel Plus" until my works are done..."

"Well i have to power this baby down for a moment... and i'll try to expand the list of presents to include some more OC denizens..."

TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED

Last edited by Saint X; 2007-12-31 at 10:40.
Old 2007-12-31, 09:10   Link #18092
Liingo
Love Hina?

First, Welcome back Dkellis

Second, Have a Happy New Year OC'ers

I'll see you all in 08!
Old 2007-12-31, 10:37   Link #18093
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

No time to break backlog. Will try to find free time tomorrow during work (yes I'm working on New Year's Day T_T ).

Anyway Happy New Year's greetings from me.
Old 2007-12-31, 11:34   Link #18094
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, Where I'm currently at, it's about 10-15 mins into the new year already

Happy new year fellow comrades, may better anime, manga, and games come to us this year

My resolution is to have more fun than I did last year!

And here's a few small presents from yours truely....

Spoiler for more...:

...Oh yeah, for people who likes Lucky Star, but didn't know about THIS yet...

P.S - Going back to finishing Assassin Creed...
Old 2007-12-31, 13:08   Link #18095
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
In a dimension far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far away...

In a city called Prontera, Creator-Kun, tired after a successful "Negotiation" with Randgris, types away on his inter-dimensional messaging device.

"So far... we still need to piece together this 'special mode' that can suit Yui Minawa well, still working out a few bugs, maybe they can be ironed out when i come back to Outer Cadia- I still say that Yui should get a boy toy... to use this."

"On the other hand, I've managed to dig something up in transit towards Yui Minawa personally- well the person looking for her gave this to me... Please give this to her please."

*Teleports an envelope*

Spoiler for Letter to Yui Minawa:

"If her creator-kun can see this, please give me a reply, response or suggestions to ensure "Royal Cosplay Mahem""

"And on the other hand, Andrei has given me this intel clip... well before an accident happened."

Spoiler for The Alterante and True Realities - for now:

"By the way, the accident he was talking about was the memory of the cameras running out while on shooting. Seriously, he has the aid of T3H CAMERAWOMAN *Hears 'ohohohohoho' in the background*... so why not ask for more camera help?"

"And yes, Keroko, i hope they are not too OOC..."

"And on other news, Sky Girls is making me produce more crack... but i managed to shelve "Sky Girls: Accel Plus" until my works are done..."

"Well i have to power this baby down for a moment... and i'll try to expand the list of presents to include some more OC denizens..."

TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED
I see...looks good though, I just might apply this after the current chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post

I'll see you all in 08!
Uh...yeah...Happy New Year to those who already passed to 2008...I'm still stuck in 2007 for another 6 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, Where I'm currently at, it's about 10-15 mins into the new year already

Happy new year fellow comrades, may better anime, manga, and games come to us this year

My resolution is to have more fun than I did last year!

And here's a few small presents from yours truely....

Spoiler for more...:

...Oh yeah, for people who likes Lucky Star, but didn't know about THIS yet...

P.S - Going back to finishing Assassin Creed...
Oh~ Nice presents indeed

And a Lucky Star PS2 game, very nice too
*runs back to party preparations*
Old 2007-12-31, 13:24   Link #18096
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post

I'll see you all in 08!
Adam Enzo: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TO...

Author: By the way, is Yunno the most unpopular character in Nanoha series? I mean...a lot of fans hate him...
Old 2007-12-31, 13:40   Link #18097
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Oh~ Nice presents indeed
Oh, it gets even better... I was saving this one for you

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
And a Lucky Star PS2 game, very nice too

Apparently it's a dating sim.

You play a newly transferred student...

(Damn, I was half expecting Shiraishi >.>)
Old 2007-12-31, 13:41   Link #18098
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

New Year's has landed, and firstly we're graced by a long lost comrade:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I LIVE.
Welcome back just in time for the 8th year of the 2nd Millenium! Looks like the others have done the answers pretty well so I don't have to elaborate much.

Though reading the replies does help my own little crack a bit.

Quote:
I thought I saw someone lurking around here... but to actually post after a long absence is a nice New Year's treat indeed

Though unfortunately, I don't think anyone here truly can provide a rough summary of all the things that's happened and been discussed here, especially with only 1949 posts to 20000 posts We've had everything from scientific (and pseudoscientific) discussions to military issues, and all the banter, shameless plugs and spam in between, and that's just the padding to the actual BLUECHEESIUM content (and I nearly forgot to mention Tk3997's HAXXBUSTER revolution ) Although the Erio Skilift at the front page can you give more ideas on each one's individual OC's, which has really skyrocketed

Looking forward to seeing the 37th CIAA and the 8th IAR in action again, especially Ivey .

Oh, and more May please
Quote for Truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
You did say you only have Eugenie to do ecchi hug right?

that's the Eugenie that you can do ecchi hug!!!
3rd version of Eugenie: (daemonic aura with butterfly wings) Now I don't know if I should slice Creator-san for wanting to ecchi hug me, or X for saying that I'm not worth a hug...

*Two Creators shudder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Do you get to date Kagami as hinted?! If so, I'm sold! SOMEONE CALL DARCO TO HAUL HIS PS2 TO THE CLUBROOM!

~~~New intelligence data updated~~~

In other news, 3rd party observers have noticed yet new variants of crack forming in the self-declared Red Zone of Kha's Thumbdrive of Doom. Beginning with this season's movie offerings:

~~~

VIVIO ~The Golden Age~

...is pretty much self explanatory, though at the moment I'd expect it to form part of the Seven Swords project currently being shelved.

~~~

The next follows Kha's most deadliest mission where what began as a routine seminar invitation turned mass purification when suddenly the populace around him disappeared, leaving der Kleriker as the last man on the planet. And he's not alone...

The title?

I AM CLERIC

~~~

Carlsberg Blockbuster Sunday has been a recent trendsetter for crack Cadia movies, and now we're granted two more:

Last month gave us Mr. & Mrs. T. 'nuff said about this movie rehash, the last time I directed one, it was called Mr. & Mrs. Li.

This month brings yet another project back to life, with Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha FileS aka "The Cleric Knights" gaining yet another sequel:

The Cleric Knights: AVP

After all, kicking alien butt is what the gray-ritter do best. Look out the sequel in the new year!

~~~

Last but not least, we have a new movie of the The Cleric Begins series starring Erio Mondial as the young Kha der Kleriker. This sequel is set a year after the first movie, just after he, also the last surviving Gundam Meister of the Silverna Team, leaves Tokyo. He had been redeployed on orders back to Belka by both the Church Council and Celestial Being as an old threat reared its head. New toys and relationships abound in this dark revisiting of Kha's past.

"People are dying. What am I supposed to do?"

"Endure. You can be the outcast. You can make the choice no one else can. The right choice.

"Belka needs you."

"The Gray Knight"

Oh yeah, what a way to kick off the new year...
Old 2007-12-31, 13:45   Link #18099
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post

Do you get to date Kagami as hinted?! If so, I'm sold! SOMEONE CALL DARCO TO HAUL HIS PS2 TO THE CLUBROOM!

I believe so, among the other girls...

(Actually, scratch that. THEY DAMN WELL BETTER LET US DO THAT!!)

Oh, and there's another new girl in the game.

She didn't appear in the anime, but was apparently in the manga... And get this - She's also a Tsundere

(Which type? Who cares )
Old 2007-12-31, 13:46   Link #18100
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Yes, I have more questions now. Some of them may be stupidly obvious, but my research options are limited. This one is about mage rankings.

I've always thought, based on something I can't remember rightly at the moment, that the mere ability to fly requires magic rank A at least. I've chosen to interpret this as meaning as the ability to defy gravity under one's own power (without the use of, say, Wing Road, or riding something that can naturally fly) while also being able to perform other strenuous actions; in other words, the flight ability is second nature to these mages, and they can do so without concentrating that much.

However, I've just read this, specifically the "Mage Rank Examination" section, which states "Also, on average Armed Forces member are usually ranked D~C, while B rank is known to many Air/Ground mages to be an unpassable wall at first."

Am I reading it incorrectly, or does this mean that the Average Air mage, which I'm assuming to mean those nameless grunts who are there mainly as cannon fodder or to be impressed by the Aces/Strikers, but can still fly, does not, in fact, have to be rank A?
It would depend on the context, but the way it seems to me is that for Air/Ground mages who're moving from C to B, the jump between levels in terms of power, skill and tactics tends to require several tries before they get the hang of it.

Quote:
Now, the members of the 37th CIAA (with the exception of Nova) are ranked A and above, entirely because I assumed that rank A was a prerequisite for flight. In light of this, though, I have to ask: should I downgrade their ranks? I'd rather not have them be more powerful than absolutely necessary, since I'm pretty bad at thinking up of challenges for the really powerful characters that doesn't translate into a kryptonite weakness or sheer brute force.
It depends... probably a mix of B and A ranks would be better. The Order of Freelance Mages, who were created jointly by Kagerou and myself, range from B+ (Naomi Jaeger, youngest & weakest member) to an average of A (Franz Jaeger, Assault Platoon Leader; most Order mages), a few AA (Glen Schattenmann, Emili Nailo), AA/AAA boderline (Sergeant Major Ivanovich. Yes, THAT Johnson) and plain S (Erick von Long, CO of the Order).

Quote:
If it helps, and for those unfamiliar with the 37th CIAA (still without a proper unit name, despite Ivey's insistence on "Boobies" somewhere in there), this is one of those units which are tasked to investigate and apprehend notorious criminals, like mad scientists who are slightly less accomplished than Jail Scaglietti or Precia Testarossa. They are not elite or well-known, and in fact they are seen as a unit just dead-end enough to send enforcers with troublesome personality quirks to, but not so bad as to be completely hopeless.

I'll have some new Original Characters (well, two villains, one of whom is a mad scientist type) soon, I promise.
Hmmm... so they're sorta like the 08th MS Team then, a unit of rejects, eh? Well, this could be quite interesting to see; I know most of us tend to focus on elite units and such; about the only two klutzes are Tais, the R&D pwn puppy, and Franz, who suffers from a bad case of hot blood backfiring on him all the time.

I believe in miracles.

Closed Thread