AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-09-08, 09:26   Link #1061
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
From what we've seen, i would say the sharingan has a large advantage over byakugen, simply because byakugen revolves around close range fighting, while sharingan excels in dodging close range attacks.This would be with 2 people, of equal skill of course, combating.
This thread is still not about those two Doujutsu fighting each other...
Hunter said it already but since everybody seems to forget it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
This thread is about what abilitity/capacity/etc. these bloodline can give to their user (and not necessarily against each other). Not X Sharingan user against Y Byakugan user.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 10:41   Link #1062
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Also byakugen is revered as the ultimate hand to hand close range fighting technique
This is not Byakugen, but Jyuuken. Byakugan doesnt really give much to the user except for unrivalled vision capabilities. That is it.
Old 2006-09-08, 12:33   Link #1063
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
This is not Byakugen, but Jyuuken. Byakugan doesnt really give much to the user except for unrivalled vision capabilities. That is it.
Its close range fighting they created by incorporating their byakugen. Take byakugen away, and they can no longer do it, right? Its one in the same for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rIO
Well thats not fun is it :|
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 13:48   Link #1064
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Its close range fighting they created by incorporating their byakugen. Take byakugen away, and they can no longer do it, right? Its one in the same for the most part.
One is a form of martial arts and the other is an inherited body part. There is no similiarities or relationship except that the Byakugen is use as an aid to see the vital areas that Jyuuken targets. If the Jyuuken user can determine these vital areas by different means, then he doesn't need the Byakugen.

Likewise, the Byakugen isn't used for jutsus like Kaiten (or however that swirling defense jutsu is) except to make the best use of it.
Old 2006-09-08, 14:08   Link #1065
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0
Hmmm?
No, no there is no problem discussing about virtual Sharingan user against another virtual Byakugan user or a ninja-joe. I mean, the eyes alone won't do much if there isn't a human around to use it.
How and why these abilities could be used against another ninja is right on the topic.

What this thread isn't about is "Itachi is the best so the Sharingan is better!" or "Hiashi would beat the hell out of Sasuke so the Byakugan owns!!" or "Hinata can get lucky and blahblahblah".
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 16:16   Link #1066
Yellow Flash
Banned

Neji has 360 vision even if his Byakugan is turned off. Right?
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 16:39   Link #1067
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Neji made a long description of Hinata's eyes while watching her with the Byakugan.
Neji merely commented on her posture, facial expressions and eye saccades.

I don't know why he would need to see any chakra points for that.

Maybe Kishimoto wasn't sure yet what to do with Byakugan.
Old 2006-09-08, 17:03   Link #1068
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash
Neji has 360 vision even if his Byakugan is turned off. Right?
Byakugan is the reason of that vision, so no, if it is turned off, he can at most have 180 vision and only at visible-range.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 18:09   Link #1069
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
Byakugan is the reason of that vision, so no, if it is turned off, he can at most have 180 vision and only at visible-range.
But he saw Ino's fist and his Byakugan was turned off.
Old 2006-09-08, 18:16   Link #1070
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Neji merely commented on her posture, facial expressions and eye saccades.
I don't know why he would need to see any chakra points for that.
Learn to read.

Quote:
But he saw Ino's fist and his Byakugan was turned off.
That's just ninja 6th senses, like Kabuto launching a knife at Kakashi from behind doesn't mean he can see at 360° and Kakashi catching the knife despite his blind spot doesn't mean the Sharingan see through things.
Old 2006-09-08, 18:23   Link #1071
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Learn to read.
What do you mean? I didn't disagree with your post, you know.

Quote:
That's just ninja 6th senses, like Kabuto launching a knife at Kakashi from behind doesn't mean he can see at 360° and Kakashi catching the knife despite his blind spot doesn't mean the Sharingan see through things.
Ino was totally surprised at this, and wondered if Neji has eyes on his back.
He didn't just sense her, he saw her shaking a fist.
That was clearly a peek at his ability, the Byakugan.

Last edited by Yellow Flash; 2006-09-09 at 03:53.
Old 2006-09-08, 19:35   Link #1072
classclown268

I like sharingan cuz like it helps predict and Copy moves and also u can use the mangekou thing plus it just looks cooler
classclown268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 11:34   Link #1073
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
One is a form of martial arts and the other is an inherited body part. There is no similiarities or relationship except that the Byakugen is use as an aid to see the vital areas that Jyuuken targets. If the Jyuuken user can determine these vital areas by different means, then he doesn't need the Byakugen.

Likewise, the Byakugen isn't used for jutsus like Kaiten (or however that swirling defense jutsu is) except to make the best use of it.
Kaiten is just utilizing thier ability to extract chakra from their body, a technique possible due to heavy training of jyuuken.

But yes, if they can see the points in the body without byakugen, they could fight that way, but as far as we know byakugen is the only way, and they are the only users of the style. So its safe to say, anyone with byakugan knows, or will know, jyuuken anyways.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 12:30   Link #1074
minuteman

i think for the all around most battle adaptability i go with Byukugan, but i think when mastered to its full extent i go with Sharingan.
minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 08:01   Link #1075
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
What do you mean? I didn't disagree with your post, you know.
No you just didn't understand it.
Tritoch wondered if Hyuga could distinguish the actual eyes while they were using the Byakugan instead of being merely able to see the chakra paths.
The answer being yes as Neji could describe the way Hinata's pupils were moving or how strength returned to her eyes or how Naruto's eyes showed absolute confidence and all this kind of stuff given Neji's liking to comment about people's eyes.

The Byakugan sees everything, if a ninja is hidding behind a tree a kunai behind his back then a Byakugan user will see the tree and the guy, and his inner coil, and the kunai (and the squirrel still behind all that).
The Byakugan isn't known to erase a part of what the user sees to see something else behind (like raikage once said, Hyuuga don't run into trees), but to see everything.
Old 2006-09-10, 08:17   Link #1076
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
No you just didn't understand it.
Tritoch wondered if Hyuga could distinguish the actual eyes while they were using the Byakugan instead of being merely able to see the chakra paths.
The answer being yes as Neji could describe the way Hinata's pupils were moving or how strength returned to her eyes or how Naruto's eyes showed absolute confidence and all this kind of stuff given Neji's liking to comment about people's eyes.
But Neji didn't see Kidoumaru's eyes with the Byakugan, only chakra paths.

You didn't reply to the other thing, does that mean you agree?
Old 2006-09-10, 08:51   Link #1077
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Neji did see Kidoumaru's eyes, it just wasn't drawn just like Hinata's eyes weren't drawn during their fight whereas he was describing them.

When Kishimoto draws a Byakugan vision, he doesn't draw all what a Hyuga sees : it's impossible.
When Neji looked at Shino, the manga shows the bugs because it was the current point, Neji is still able to see though Shino but it's not drawn because the panel would be illegible.
It's the same when Neji and Hinata looked at each others with the Byakugan, there wasn't any background at all, all the panel was grey.
That doesn't mean when they look at the inner coil they become unable to see around them, just that the important point was to show the inner coils system.
Spoiler:

I didn't answer the other thing because it was retarded.
You asked, you were answered. You don't like the answer, so be it.
Old 2006-09-10, 09:18   Link #1078
minuteman

calm down friend its just a show.
minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 11:12   Link #1079
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Neji did see Kidoumaru's eyes, it just wasn't drawn just like Hinata's eyes weren't drawn during their fight whereas he was describing them.

When Kishimoto draws a Byakugan vision, he doesn't draw all what a Hyuga sees : it's impossible.
When Neji looked at Shino, the manga shows the bugs because it was the current point, Neji is still able to see though Shino but it's not drawn because the panel would be illegible.
It's the same when Neji and Hinata looked at each others with the Byakugan, there wasn't any background at all, all the panel was grey.
That doesn't mean when they look at the inner coil they become unable to see around them, just that the important point was to show the inner coils system.
Spoiler:
I see. Didn't know that.

Quote:
I didn't answer the other thing because it was retarded.
You asked, you were answered. You don't like the answer, so be it.
I still believe it was the Byakugan. I could be wrong, I guess.
Old 2006-09-11, 06:21   Link #1080
ri0

Quote:
I still believe it was the Byakugan. I could be wrong, I guess.
That's a weird scene... I also believed that it was because of his Byakugan (because it was later on revealed he had a 360 degree vision) but as I reread the chapter to check on it I saw he had it turned off, so I guess Hunter is right. Though I still think it SHOULD be an activated Byakugan.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote