AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-05-04, 15:39   Link #3641
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I don't think so. They have similar standards for female beauty. Kyon thinks ponytails are attractive so lusts after them and Kyonko thinks ponytails are attractive so she wears them.
Well, Haruki does have a bit of a ponytail fetish... but I'm starting to think he might just have a Kyonko fetish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
And because of Haruki, she learns boys think maid uniforms are sexy, so she starts to wear them ...? That'd be pretty aggressive, for Kyonko! ^^;
That's like, Anti-Kyonko.

That raises a interesting question. What would the Anti-SOS version of Kyon be like? Absurdly proactive and overly positive? Tomokazu Seki?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 15:52   Link #3642
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyCat View Post
I'd hit that.

Moving along, I have always supported a relationship between Kyon and Kyonko.
Old 2009-05-04, 15:54   Link #3643
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
And because of Haruki, she learns boys think maid uniforms are sexy, so she starts to wear them ...? That'd be pretty aggressive, for Kyonko! ^^;
I really doubt that.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 15:56   Link #3644
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
What would the Anti-SOS version of Kyon be like?
... Taniguchi?

(Note: Obvious joke, even though he basically is an Anti-Kyon)
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 15:58   Link #3645
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
That's like, Anti-Kyonko.

That raises a interesting question. What would the Anti-SOS version of Kyon be like? Absurdly proactive and overly positive? Tomokazu Seki?
Hmmm. An anti-Kyonko (SOS version) could go several ways:

1) Ditz Kyonko. Cute, affectionate, a genki baka girl, kind of like Hanazono Hikari without the insane strength and the wrestling fixation. Oblivious to weirdness until it's shoved in her face, lacking in snark and anecdotes. A lot more sociable than standard Kyonko, with a much wider circle of friends. Frustrates Haruki (and selected other members of the SOS-dan) because she's actually more difficult to approach than standard Kyonko; too many friends in the way. Still, the way she completely accepts each member completely and tries her very best to help them endears them to her.

2) Machiavelli Kyonko. Cute on the outside, pure black on the inside. Machiavelli Kyonko outwardly behaves like the perfect girl. She listens to the stories of the other SOS-dan members and shows each of them the thing they need her to be: the supportive cheearleader/girlfriend to Haruki; the caring mother figure to Mitsuuru; the translator of human fallacy to Yuuki; the affectionate ally to Itsuko. But underneath, she is tying strings to each of these miraculous beings, bending them to her will and milking them for every resource she can get. Once the time comes, she will ruthlessly use each and every one of them to her own best advantage, and then ... (god-empress Kyonko? o_o)

3) Shoujo Kyonko. Lots of sighs, lots of flowery backgrounds, lots of confusion about which person her heart belongs to most. Is it the dashing knight Haruki, the gentle, child-like Asahina-sempai (Oh my, is it right to fall in love with a sempai? *blush*), or even the forbidden love of 'best friend verging on best friend with benefits' Itsuko? (Oh, is this the kind of love that is the love for me? *fluttering eyelashes, tears, more blushing*)

4) Class representative Kyonko. Not content to just accept information, this lady of the harshly gleaming spectacles demands scientific proof and explanations for all the outré events surrounding the SOS-dan. She isn't dragged on board by Haruki, she joins up herself so as to keep Haruki firmly under control and ensure that school rules are not unduly broken. (Yes, she's tsundere, but you're going to have to go through a lot of 'tsun' before you get to the 'dere', folks.) She'll probably get along well with Nagato, though Mitsuuru will be intimidated by her, and she'd probably amuse Itsuko -- who will tease her mercilessly. Love-hate relationship with Haruki, with their shouting matches their own way of covering up their confused feelings -- until he finally kisses her, and she declares the next day that they're dating now. Kyonko:
"I'm not some loose ditz, like some of the girls in class! I am no Taniguchi! If you're going to kiss me, then we are dating, and that is final!" Haruki: "But ... wasn't it a dream?" Kyonko: "Regardless!" Haruki: "Tch. Guess we're dating, then. I'll take you to the go-carts on Saturday, don't be late." Kyonko: "Make sure to wear sturdy clothes for the event."
Haruki will have his work cut out for him, with this kind of whirlwind relationship. At best, it'll be two different kinds of whirlwind, trying to sweep the other up, methinks.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 16:08   Link #3646
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
Moving along, I have always supported a relationship between Kyon and Kyonko.
Me too. It's rather cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... Taniguchi?

(Note: Obvious joke, even though he basically is an Anti-Kyon)
Hmm. Outgoing, check. Proactive, check. Sense of humor, check. Stupid, check.

If only he was voiced by Tomokazu Seki... maybe they'll save him for Fujiwara.

Quote:
*snip*
I like Machiavelli Kyonko and I really love Class President Kyonko, since that basically turns her relationship with Haruki into this.
Old 2009-05-04, 16:16   Link #3647
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Me too. It's rather cute.
I'd find it more amusing for Haruki and Haruhi misinterpret something going on between the two and in a rage of jealousy pretend to find each other attractive.

Kyon/ko would shit bricks.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 16:18   Link #3648
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I'd find it more amusing for Haruki and Haruhi misinterpret something going on between the two and in a rage of jealousy pretend to find each other attractive.

Kyon/ko would shit bricks.
Keep coming up with ideas. The Time Traveler route desperately needs them.
Old 2009-05-04, 16:19   Link #3649
Aebliss
Story Master

Moving on: Anti-SOS Kyonko.

1) The glue that binds. Anti-SOS Kyonko manages, through her usual personality, to actually be a unifying force for the Anti-SOS. She has the osananajimi bond with Sasaki and can get him to be more involved with events occurring around him. She probably gains Kyou Tachibana's appreciation and affection because she unifies the group. She can keep up with Fujiwara's nasty personality by responding with sufficient snarkiness and displays of intellect to win his grudging respect and cooperation. Her patience and endless coaxing and support allow Suou to interact more with the human world, and he opens up to her inasfar as he is capable.

2) Infiltrator Kyonko. Kyonko becomes the Anti-SOS' secret weapon. She is contacted by them before she starts to attend the same school as Haruki, so from the very beginning she knows about him, and her task is to get close to him; she cooperates when he starts the SOS-dan, but reports to the Anti-SOS-dan the whole time. Two more possibilities branch off from here:
2.1) Kyonko remains loyal to the Anti-SOS-dan and betrays the SOS-dan at a critical moment, possibly resulting in Haruki losing his powers and perhaps Kyonko's death as the SOS-dan's more powerful members lash out at her. Both Haruki and Sasaki & crew are devastated by Kyonko's death, and Bad Things Happen.
2.2) Kyonko has a change of heart because life in the SOS-dan is so much more fun than the Anti-SOS-dan's constant stress, and she sincerely grows close to Haruki. She grows confused about who she feels most for, Haruki or Sasaki. She could still betray Haruki 'for the sake of the world', but will awful for it. She could betray the Anti-SOS-dan's plot and leave the SOS-dan under a shadow. Might come back again later, or not. Or she could simply disappear from the picture of her own volition, removing herself from the equation: suicide, transfer to another school, 'gone with the wind'.
In any case, Infiltrator Kyonko has a potential for sowing huge chaos.

3) Moll Kyonko. Kyonko is the girlfriend and ally of one (or several? >_<) members of the Anti-SOS-dan. She plays the same snarky, tsunderesque role she does in the SOS-dan, but now she's playing for the other team. She'll support her new crew and defend them when she feels she has to, convinced that the SOS-dan represents chaos, but she won't interact with them beyond the bare necessary minimum.

4) Machiavelli Kyonko redux. This dark Kyonko is winding the Anti-SOS's membership around her little finger, playing the role that each of them needs. To Sasaki: a gentle, supportive presence which supports his conviction that it is best not to be too involved in the madness. To Suou: a translator of humanity, who somehow manages to be the only person capable of explaining, and so becomes indispensible. To Fujiwara: a close-mouthed, utterly ruthless agent, not bound by the rules he has to follow, who acts in the shadows without question. To Tachibana: enthusiastic support in her plotting to transfer the power from Haruki to Sasaki. She just never seems to personally involve herself in these plans unless strictly necessary:
Kyonko: "I am just a weak, inexperienced girl, after all, Tachibana-san." -- Tachibana: "No, no, Kyon-chan! You're a great help to me, always!" -- Kyonko: "You are so kind to say so, Tachibana-san."
Meanwhile, she's gathering every resource she can from the Anti-SOS that she can, laying her own plans. If the power is ever transferred, she'll make sure she's the one who gets it, not Sasaki. (god-empress Kyonko, redux? >_<)

5) Ditz Kyonko. The genki baka member of the Anti-SOS-dan. Often goes off without thinking or looking ahead, seems like a big embarrassment to the Anti-SOS-dan, the way she's frequently easily defeated. Nevertheless, she manages to galvanize her teammates with her endless, unbridled energy.

6) Tramp Kyonko. The seductress member of the Anti-SOS-dan. Equally as seductive to her fellow team members as she is to the SOS-dan's men, this Kyonko uses her feminine wiles to confuse, entangle, and where possible control. Makes up for her physique with artifice and fast talking, which serves to unnerve and derail the thought process. A particular problem for Haruki, who can't get her out of his mind even though he knows she's bad.
Old 2009-05-04, 16:20   Link #3650
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
You know guys, we do have a main thread for regular discussion...

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 16:21   Link #3651
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Moe Moe Kyon!
Old 2009-05-04, 16:25   Link #3652
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
1) The glue that binds. Anti-SOS Kyonko manages, through her usual personality, to actually be a unifying force for the Anti-SOS. She has the osananajimi bond with Sasaki and can get him to be more involved with events occurring around him. She probably gains Kyou Tachibana's appreciation and affection because she unifies the group. She can keep up with Fujiwara's nasty personality by responding with sufficient snarkiness and displays of intellect to win his grudging respect and cooperation. Her patience and endless coaxing and support allow Suou to interact more with the human world, and he opens up to her inasfar as he is capable.
This is exactly the role she plays for the SOS-dan normally. I love it.

Quote:
*snip*
Combine together Dark Goddess Kyonko and Tramp Kyonko and we have pure win.
Old 2009-05-04, 16:27   Link #3653
Aebliss
Story Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
You know guys, we do have a main thread for regular discussion...
Whoops! o_o Sorry ... Would you believe I forgot which thread I was posting in ...?
Old 2009-05-04, 19:53   Link #3654
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Whoops! o_o Sorry ... Would you believe I forgot which thread I was posting in ...?
I check by looking at the page count.
Old 2009-05-04, 20:59   Link #3655
DannyCat
Currently Observing.

I check by seeing if this pic is present.

DannyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 22:36   Link #3656
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
I just randomly stop by whenever.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 22:39   Link #3657
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It's Haruki (okay maybe its Kyonko), we discuss things....
Old 2009-05-04, 23:09   Link #3658
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Amazing how no one commented on Nurse Kyonko(until now, anyway )
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 23:24   Link #3659
sonicspin
キョン子主義
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to sonicspin
New Tsuji:
http://sonicspin2.deviantart.com/art...pg-6-121497863
http://sonicspin2.deviantart.com/art...pg-7-121497918

Quote:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3742/1010x.jpg
I found this image moe, even though I don't have a nurse fetish.
As expected of Kyonko.
sonicspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 00:12   Link #3660
Aebliss
Story Master

Quote:

Spoiler:
*snrk* Itsuko's going to bleed to death if Kyonko keeps getting put into outfits like that! ^^ Kyonko looks so embarrassed ... Cute.

Tags
genderbender, images, kyonko, seitenkan