AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-12-21, 20:33   Link #3101
StainGlass

Thanks for the updates and all your hard-work Witch-Hunt ^^
StainGlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 22:56   Link #3102
Siesta34

Thank you VERY VERY much guys! Just knowing you have advanced this much makes my christmas.

I can finally thank you properly, since I´ve been enjoying every single patch of yours, thank you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Himeyashop will get it back in stock eventually, just be patient. But for future Episodes I would suggest preordering right when you see it put up (this is what I do^^)
I´ll do this as soon as EP 7 is announced, thanks! I didn´t got EP 3 cause I tought of waiting a little more and then there were none.
Siesta34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 23:34   Link #3103
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheya-sama View Post
HimeyaShop has gone out of stock for Ep 6 already (even though it's not even out yet!) and I can't buy from Palet web since I'm in the UK and can't use Paypal. You guys don't know where else it's possible to buy from? (can't be ebay) I don't want to wait until the end of January to get it
Yup, it sounds like there are only a limited number of copies printed for pre-order or release on the release date (in Japanese stores), and according to their Twitter Himeya only got 30 of them (not surprising since they're oriented towards foreigners). Beyond that they have to wait for later shipments, and they won't be the only ones trying to get more copies by far . Hence the unfortunate delay.

However, here's the good news: There is at least one other place that ships to the US that apparently has some pre-order copies left (I've posted this before but in the spoiler-y thread so I guess it's also good to have it here): http://www.amiami.com/shop/?set=engl...e_display.html

I can't say anything about them other than that I've heard they're good, and I'm not entirely sure what the final shipping cost would be, but from the rough numbers they give I think the final total would be fairly close to what you'd pay at Himeya.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 01:00   Link #3104
ShinseiTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Yes, I did. Simplified Chinese. Maybe I should've chosen Traditional Chinese instead?
Possibly. Since I can't actually read Chinese (only generally recognize that it is, in fact, some form of it), I couldn't tell if it was correct or not. Either way, even garbled text is a step closer. Or, at least, it seems closer . Better than crashing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocom View Post
Post it. I used to have it lying around and it might be useful for some people. I, on the other hand, use this AppLocale patch that removes that annoying dialog box, so I don't need it.
Here is the registry tweak (along with the installer for applocale, you never know). It works great on Win7 x64 and XP x32. It has an install AND uninstall registry file, which is doubly nice .
http://www.mediafire.com/?eozyrjmwj3m
Also, I'm glad you posted that nag-fixer. That thing really is annoying. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
>< this is a pain, as I posted before my new computer has windows 7 on it and the witch-hunt patch gets the missing bgm error whenever I play it, though the japanese one works fine. All i can think is that there might be something wrong with the witch-hunt patch or that i've done something wrong when installing it... any help would be great.
Also I forget but what is the program that lets u run things in japanese locale without having to restart your comp and change the locale. Its on my laptop but i cant seem to remember what it is to put on my computer
That's Applocale you're thinking of, I think.
If you want it to work on Win7 (assuming you don't already know how to), this site has the brief instructions on how to get it installed and working:
http://blog.wentoday.com/?p=136
The link above also has the installer, and that's all you need, I think.

Last edited by ShinseiTom; 2009-12-22 at 01:08. Reason: Various reasons >_>
ShinseiTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 01:41   Link #3105
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachanox View Post
Who needs editing? Release the raw script and I'll print it out and play with it next to my monitor
I think Chrono is already sick enough of having me do that, heh.
crazysjd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 07:56   Link #3106
Sylvaria

Hello, I’ve some trouble with the Scripter of Umineko no naku koro ni Ep4 and the installation of Ep5 >_< .
Since some days I have a new computer with Windows 7 and since then I can’t use the Scripter for Umineko anymore. With my old one (windows XP) I never had any trouble with the installation or playing with the Scripter, but now I have q_q.
I changed the settings on Japanese like I did with Windows XP, but it wasn’t working on Windows 7.
I can see Japanese Writing in programs like MSN or Websites, but when I try to install Ep 5 it doesn’t show me them.
Restarting of my computer wasn’t working either.
The Scripter for Umineko Ep4 says me something like there are missing files or they are unreadable.
I think it’s the same problem like the missing Japanese writing at the installation for Ep 5 but I don’t know a solution for that.

I will be very happy if anyone is able to help me. Thanks >_<
Sylvaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 08:16   Link #3107
Ttak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvaria View Post
Spoiler for big quote:
Did you really change your Locale setting to Japanese? Control Panel> Clock, Language and Region > Change Location > Administrative > Change System Locale (assuming you are viewing the control panel by Category)

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Ttak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 09:32   Link #3108
mahadev_doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvaria View Post
Hello, I’ve some trouble with the Scripter of Umineko no naku koro ni Ep4 and the installation of Ep5 >_< .
Since some days I have a new computer with Windows 7 and since then I can’t use the Scripter for Umineko anymore. With my old one (windows XP) I never had any trouble with the installation or playing with the Scripter, but now I have q_q.
I changed the settings on Japanese like I did with Windows XP, but it wasn’t working on Windows 7.
I can see Japanese Writing in programs like MSN or Websites, but when I try to install Ep 5 it doesn’t show me them.
Restarting of my computer wasn’t working either.
The Scripter for Umineko Ep4 says me something like there are missing files or they are unreadable.
I think it’s the same problem like the missing Japanese writing at the installation for Ep 5 but I don’t know a solution for that.

I will be very happy if anyone is able to help me. Thanks >_<

actually my frd has this problem too he has win 7 64 bit os
i ave win 7 32 bit and i dont get this problem...........maybe there is some problem running in 64 bit os
mahadev_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 09:42   Link #3109
Ttak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_doom View Post
actually my frd has this problem too he has win 7 64 bit os
i ave win 7 32 bit and i dont get this problem...........maybe there is some problem running in 64 bit os
Strange, I'm running win 7 64bit and both games (EP 4 translated and EP 5 untranslated) work fine when I switch the system locale to japanese

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Ttak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 12:30   Link #3110
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttak View Post
Strange, I'm running win 7 64bit and both games (EP 4 translated and EP 5 untranslated) work fine when I switch the system locale to japanese
Same here, so it's not actually Win7's problem or an issue with 64-bit OS.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 13:28   Link #3111
mahadev_doom

hmm tats weird mayb manually copying all the files will help
mahadev_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 14:01   Link #3112
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

The region should be changed before using the installer, otherwise, yeah, you should copy all the files.
Old 2009-12-23, 18:52   Link #3113
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
I wonder if the WH guys ever considered releasing v5.0 asap with all the editing done so far and then release v5.1 a week or two later.

For me, I don't need a perfect patch. I just want at least 48 hours before Comiket to read a legible EP5 translation and look at Umineko stuff across the web without worrying about running into EP6 stuff.

Short such a release schedule, I wouldn't have another opportunity to do that until perhaps March.
Old 2009-12-23, 19:04   Link #3114
Joneleth
Blue Wizard

Send a message via MSN to Joneleth
I just want the patch to stop having weird dreams.

Like a couple of days ago I dreamt my mom killed everyone on the island using Unlimited Blade Works.

True story. XD
Joneleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 19:23   Link #3115
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Guys, chill out and enjoy Christmas with your family like it's supposed to be. It'll be out when it's ready, you already know that.
Old 2009-12-23, 19:29   Link #3116
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
I wonder if the WH guys ever considered releasing v5.0 asap with all the editing done so far and then release v5.1 a week or two later.

For me, I don't need a perfect patch. I just want at least 48 hours before Comiket to read a legible EP5 translation and look at Umineko stuff across the web without worrying about running into EP6 stuff.

Short such a release schedule, I wouldn't have another opportunity to do that until perhaps March.
Our motto and policy have always been to release a patch we are satisfied with, for several reasons. For one, I think it is disrespectful to just dish out a patch without polishing it to a satisfactory degree. Second, it will be a waste of time and momentum break to increase the number of patches.

...However, about the 48 hours thing...if everything goes as planned, I think you'll get your wish.
Old 2009-12-23, 19:36   Link #3117
Cross Clown
rule 63, pl0x

So...status on the editing?
Cross Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 19:38   Link #3118
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

It takes time for us to give status updates. It also takes time to edit the script.

I think everyone knows what's more important to them...
Old 2009-12-23, 19:49   Link #3119
tcaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
It takes time for us to give status updates.
I still don't get why it would take more than 5 minutes (if even) to update the site every week or so, honestly.

I'm still convinced you guys just like to troll with the site percentage.
tcaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 19:51   Link #3120
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

To be less cryptic: like Keternal said, it takes time to actually give a proper status update.
Why is that? Remember that we don't have a single editor, but we are 7 on this task.
As you might expect, all of us are working on our own, and contribute to the "whole editing". Because of this, if we want to have a status update, that mean all of the editors must provide what they have so far, regardless if they are done or not, compare, make a script of it, and then reread AND have an estimation of what still need edition or not.

This is the main reason why we aren't so hot in giving edit update, because it really doesn't mean much, especially sometimes, the editing flow so quickly, and other times, we are stalled because Ryukishi didn't spare us

In short: we really can't update the status % that much, and instead of giving false hope, we rather update it when the information is deemed critical and certain.
Firing off a random number is really not our fancy.

Tags
translation