AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 16 13.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 10.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 13.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 11.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 5.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 5.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 5.83%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 4.17%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 9.17%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-26, 16:26   Link #221
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Ever live in a place called society. Its pretty much the same thing if you look at it from that perspective.. Pino can influence her pilot to intake runes when needed and prue is with her so shes not lonely. She also avoided the magius genocide so unless you want her and prue to be reunited to die since plot is a thing I dunno what to say. If cain cared that much about prue he would have not let him take control of unit 2 and iirc prue was in a cage during season 1. I think its important to meditate on this and not be dissapointed with trollific valvrave. I apologize if I came off strong in this post.

she has a source of energy, a home, no one trying to kill her, and a brother who she dearly missed, and self awareness. What more does she need?

I dont believe shoko is smart enough to engage in alien peace talks without influence from pino and prue.

shoko is not evil enough to use them like the jior scientists did so why say that?
I'm sorry, I just don't agree. They are living sapient beings that deserve to have freedom in this so called coexistence based empire. The students never thought beyond Pino as a tool, and I haven't seen that change. And as experiments I was saying that that's what lead to her being trapped in the engine in the first place. Prue was rescued from such a fate, and now you would trap him and his sister again, just as the JIOR scientists did? I just don't like it.

Also, that genocide of the Magius didn't make any sense either. Since somehow the humans who have been unaware for centuries about these beings now all of a sudden know how to find them all. Suddenly all the Magius now have no power, when both Cain and Lise have show a proficiency in ruin magic and yet none of them can protect themselves from weak humans? And the President, who is just as guilty, gets away scott free and even appears to be helping in hunting down the Magius despite mentioning several times before not know much about their doings. Also, I've already mentioned the stupidity of killing beings with machine guns, that have been proven to be able to heal from such lethal wounds. And seeing them gunned down just as the Sakimori students were wasn't in anyway satisfying or even felt like retribution, it just felt sad. I really don't think this was what Lise had in mind when she wanted a safe haven for their two people to coexist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
So, we ended up without knowing what Pino and Prue being the "Original pair" means.
Nope. Neither did we find out why the two were so important to the Magius, or why Cain called Pino the bride who could bring their people together. Neither, did we find out how Pino and Prue got to Earth or why they are in cocoons. Nor did we find out how JIOR found Pino, Prue, and Magius technology. Neither did we find out Shoko's dad's total involvement. And we didn't find out what the ceremony was that the Magius were preparing for that was the reason they sent the Phantom ship to the module in the first place.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-26, 16:30   Link #222
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I'm sorry, I just don't agree. They are living sapient beings that deserve to have freedom in this so called coexistence based empire. The students never thought beyond Pino as a tool, and I haven't seen that change. And as experiments I was saying that that's what lead to her being trapped in the engine in the first place. Prue was rescued from such a fate, and now you would trap him and his sister again, just as the JIOR scientists did? I just don't like it.

Also, that genocide of the Magius didn't make any sense either. Since somehow the humans who have been unaware for centuries about these beings now all of a sudden know how to find them all. Suddenly all the Magius now have no power, when both Cain and Lise have show a proficiency in ruin magic and yet none of them can protect themselves from weak humans? And the President, who is just as guilty, gets away scott free and even appears to be helping in hunting down the Magius despite mentioning several times before not know much about their doings. Also, I've already mentioned the stupidity of killing beings with machine guns, that have been proven to be able to heal from such lethal wounds. And seeing them gunned down just as the Sakimori students were wasn't in anyway satisfying or even felt like retribution, it just felt sad. I really don't think this was what Lise had in mind when she wanted a safe haven for their two people to coexist.
The anwer to the question of what is freedom differs for a lot of people and to be frank, i honestly would not mind being in position liselotte is in.

freedom and equality are too idealistic for my taste imo. Especially since theres so many definitions of those two terms.

if shes happy thats all that matters since there are far less external forces influencing her than when she wasnt self aware imo.

Story was wrapped up badly and the magius plotline was resolved rather badly I think.

liselotte is far too naive and the magius were right about the humans. I liked her character a lot tho.

agree to disagree note accepted.
Old 2013-12-26, 16:40   Link #223
Kusaja

Quote:

Nope. Neither did we find out why the two were so important to the Magius, or why Cain called Pino the bride who could bring their people together. Neither, did we find out how Pino and Prue got to Earth or why they are in cocoons. Nor did we find out how JIOR found Pino, Prue, and Magius technology. Neither did we find out Shoko's dad's total involvement. And we didn't find out what the ceremony was that the Magius were preparing for that was the reason they sent the Phantom ship to the module in the first place.
We know they are aliens who crashed on Earth like the Magius did.

The side stories might address some of that missing background, given this is all part of a "media mix" project after all.
Old 2013-12-26, 16:42   Link #224
username31

who is the prince? never explained
the only thing we got since haruto was died the prince has no relation at all with him except if saki get pregnant since he only leave his seed in her, but we never know that

about ep 10, maybe only so haruto won't die a virgin
actually that episode also made saki less playful than she used to be which i like in early episodes, maybe that matter for characters developments, this curse/give up humanity is serious matter not child play, that also nicely flow with S2 theme about grown up

About Saki's locket that was definitely haruto, the only she made promise with and she still mention that promise when she pushes the module, she already used the locket at SatomixTakahi's wedding...

the think i don't get is shoko is complete useless this season but they made her alive and become heroine in the end

about golden 7 and golden valvrave maybe that happen between 211-214

my favorite part is L-elf cried because of dying haruto which made me shed tears

Last edited by username31; 2013-12-26 at 18:48.
Old 2013-12-26, 16:42   Link #225
kaigan
Segmentation fault

tell me the ending was only a dream right? saki deserves much more happier ending.
Old 2013-12-26, 16:44   Link #226
Wandering Soul

I'm not as disappointed by this ending as most people are because I had low expectations for it but I am still disappointed by the number of plot holes left. I still liked L-Elf's and Harutos final words with each other and the fact that Saki and Akira are still alive is enough for me to be satisfied by the ending.
Old 2013-12-26, 16:51   Link #227
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
We know they are aliens who crashed on Earth like the Magius did.

The side stories might address some of that missing background, given this is all part of a "media mix" project after all.
I know they crashed and were marooned on Earth, but from her converation with Lise, Pino and Prue didn't crash at the same time as the other Magius and were on a seperate vehicle. I just wanted to know more about their own tale of coming to Earth.

However, it looks like that's too much to ask for this show. I'm telling you, Buddy Complex better be the most awesome thing in existance if they thought it better to cut this show short and give it's timeslot to that generic, badly named, thing....

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-26, 17:07   Link #228
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I imagine the characters after recording this:
Cain: So I only fought twice in the entire series?
Pino: So nothing about me is revealed!?
Shoko: I'm meeting aliens?!
Saki: So Haruto dies. I'm left alone, I don't even feel sad about it and I go to a wedding to celebrate. Who wrote this?!
Okouchi: BOKU JANAI! BOKU JANAI!

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2013-12-26 at 17:25.
Old 2013-12-26, 17:24   Link #229
Kusaja

That's amusing. But let's not imply the wedding happened right then and there. There was obviously a time skip.

You're also missing Aniplex having the last laugh since the show rushing so much at the end is largely a product of their decisions both in planning and between seasons.
Old 2013-12-26, 17:33   Link #230
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

And then:

L-elf: So who is that mini-me? A child of mine? With who?!
Haruto: ....At least I didn't rape anybody this season. By the way, why did I even do that in the first place?
Old 2013-12-26, 17:39   Link #231
Destined_Fate

Seems to me that they wasted too much time that they had to rush the ending... Season 3?

Well Haruto's gone but at least Shoko and L-Elf live. So I can have that.

I mean that child has to come from somewhere.
Old 2013-12-26, 17:48   Link #232
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:

On Pino and Prue, they may not have any other choice but to live in the engine for the moment. It's possible they can't exist for long outside of their own planet/area of the galaxy without some kind of rune device or host. And taking over a human host is kind of out of the question now. They don't appear to still be inside the machine in the time skip though, at least they don't show us them, so that's still technically up in the air. I'm somewhat in agreement with finalfury on this. I wouldn't call them slaves so much as unfortunate "prisoners" because of bad circumstances. But I don't blame the students for this.
Old 2013-12-26, 17:53   Link #233
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
And then:

L-elf: So who is that mini-me? A child of mine? With who?!
Haruto: ....At least I didn't rape anybody this season. By the way, why did I even do that in the first place?
Like I've been saying it was for shock value and drama. DAT DRAMA!
Old 2013-12-26, 18:00   Link #234
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Like I've been saying it was for shock value and drama. DAT DRAMA!
Yeah, using a fucking RAPE for drama! How fucking clever is that shit! Someone seriously give me the address where Okouchi lived so I can go kamikaze his ass. I waited so long for a explanation for that part and what do I got? A jackshit! Okouchi give a finger towards all the Saki's fan base as a Christmas present...
Old 2013-12-26, 18:16   Link #235
Destined_Fate

Well... At least Saki wasn't totally treated like Zessica was. Poor girl...

You know there's something wrong that if at the end of an Anime fans would rather Zessica get with a guy, that she barely knows and has killed some of her friends, over the main character whom she had been pinning for the entire time.
Old 2013-12-26, 18:17   Link #236
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Yeah, using a fucking RAPE for drama! How fucking clever is that shit! Someone seriously give me the address where Okouchi lived so I can go kamikaze his ass. I waited so long for a explanation for that part and what do I got? A jackshit! Okouchi give a finger towards all the Saki's fan base as a Christmas present...
It was mediocre melodrama too. That would be one of the questions I would ask him if I ever got the chance. "Why did you guys choose to do that?"
Old 2013-12-26, 18:22   Link #237
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
It was mediocre melodrama too. That would be one of the questions I would ask him if I ever got the chance. "Why did you guys choose to do that?"
Is he coming to America for any anime related event? I want asked him is that the way you treat a heroine that beloved by the every fan of the show? I endured Valvrave for so long just for my Saki's happy ending and this failed me so hard.
Old 2013-12-26, 18:25   Link #238
~BC~

Should've asked that question back in episode 21. Funny how some people only care about bad writing when it effects their favorite character.
Old 2013-12-26, 18:25   Link #239
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Is he coming to America for any anime related event? I want asked him is that the way you treat a heroine that beloved by the every fan of the show? I endured Valvrave for so long just for my Saki's happy ending and this failed me so hard.
I would also ask him "How much do you snort until you feel inspired?"
Old 2013-12-26, 18:36   Link #240
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Should've asked that question back in episode 21. Funny how some people only care about bad writing when it effects their favorite character.
Well when you only cared about that one character, watching the show just for that one character, enduring the writing quality just for that one character, got way over attached to that one character and literally will begged for a happy ending then this kind of thing happened. It impossible not to get mad and pissed, I'll murdered for a happy ending for Saki...