AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-14, 12:23   Link #1821
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
In the end, think again about Linda being the love of his life and him acting on his emotions, not an objective, rational assessment of the situation.
I guess my problem with this is that I don't really get "the love of my LIFE" vibe from Linda and Banri. From what we've seen of the flashbacks, they had their own issues even back when they spent a lot of time together, with their inability to be honest and connect to one another. Linda was never able to tell him properly, "I love you", she could only say, "I feel the opposite of what I said earlier". Likewise, when Linda was looking for reassurance after the situation with her brother, Banri fumbled and was unable to say what he meant. That's why their relationship is ultimately a tragedy--they waited too long and paid the unfortunate price.

I mean, they were kids in high school, so I'm not going to rake them over the coals, but even if Banri got together with Linda, he's not going to be able to really "fix" what makes Linda so miserable. That has to come from within herself.

I don't hate Ghost-Banri or anything--though I think he's just a part of Banri's subconscious to begin with--but his suffering and insistence upon Linda would probably make more sense to me if he and Linda were dating at one point, instead of tentatively dancing around it before one of them left the stage completely.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 18:13   Link #1822
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-fan10 View Post
Ghost Banri really annoyed me this episode. No matter how many times he was rejected by Linda in the past, he is so obsessed with her that he won't let the current Banri be happy with Koko. When the current Banri asked what her answer was in the past to the confession, Linda said it would've been for them to just be friends. I don't know if I believe that, but regardless, that's what she told him. If she was lying, she clearly made a decision to let Banri be happy with Koko. However, ghost Banri can't see past his own selfish desires and is getting in the way of his current self and Koko's relationship. Every time he said he was going to make the current Banri unhappy, I was so annoyed, lol. Just had to vent about that because it was bothering me, haha.
There are good reasons for Ghost Banri to give up on Linda. "Because she rejected him" isn't one of them. She never did. Sure, she may have said she would have to New Banri. But she also said that if she'd only arrived in time, she'd have taken his hand and never let go. And she said it when she was a lot less likely to lie.

But really, he's furious because New Banri (inadvertently) made an already painful situation even worse. I already said why he shouldn't have poked so much.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 18:56   Link #1823
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But really, he's furious because New Banri (inadvertently) made an already painful situation even worse. I already said why he shouldn't have poked so much.
It's nice to imagine that Ghost-Banri is upset on Linda's behalf, but he doesn't say anything of the sort. Instead, what upsets him is the idea that Banri didn't "respect" his feelings by tearing up the photo and asking Linda to pretend that the previous Banri never existed. He's upset because Banri is literally trying to erase him. Not really anything to do with how Linda feels.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2014-01-14, 19:11   Link #1824
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
It's nice to imagine that Ghost-Banri is upset on Linda's behalf, but he doesn't say anything of the sort. Instead, what upsets him is the idea that Banri didn't "respect" his feelings by tearing up the photo and asking Linda to pretend that the previous Banri never existed. He's upset because Banri is literally trying to erase him. Not really anything to do with how Linda feels.
the one who teared apart the photo was linda not banri and even throwed away to make sure their dont have nothing and she make clear who their had nothing in the past(current banri even say to the other banri to hear what she say), who their dont have any chance, this is the deal, he just dont accept and if my prediction end truth here what gonna happen:

- koko gonna to the trip with her family then, without the thing who keep ghost banri in check(koko) he gonna back to track and take more and more control over current banri and go for linda, messing the things, say who he have feelings for her and bla bla bla, turning the things worse, to a point where a bad thing gonna happen:
- ghost banri finally will get a chance to be close to linda after keep pursuing her, then their gonna or kiss or almost kiss then in this moment koko appear coming back from the trip like a surprise and spot the scene, then if this was at their eyes, current banri gonna come back crazying kickin ghost banri ass back to his prision but to late to see koko running from him and finally breaking, what gonna break hard banri and finally giving to us the upcoming "inside battle" between both banris" to see who is the true banri and who is his true love, then after a long battle of talk finally ghost banri gonna give up but too late, because banri will find who koko goes on a travel and his world will be doomed and he will be desesperate asking for a way to bring her back

or another scene can be koko find them cheating(kiss) break, then finally ghost banri will gonna have his chance with linda but will find, who this will be a true messed relationship full of gults in both side(linda and banri) until ghost banri finally realise who the person who he true love is koko and his feelings for linda is just was more a matter of guilt for not making in time than current true feelings and them finally both banris gonnna agree in go back to koko and he find who she is traveling and he gonna crazy want find her.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 20:16   Link #1825
Anime-fan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
There are good reasons for Ghost Banri to give up on Linda. "Because she rejected him" isn't one of them. She never did. Sure, she may have said she would have to New Banri. But she also said that if she'd only arrived in time, she'd have taken his hand and never let go. And she said it when she was a lot less likely to lie.

I don't know if Linda saying she would have taken his hand and never let go means anything romantic. It may just mean a very deep friendship kind of love rather than a romantic kind of love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You have to think of it from his perspective: the "Banri" she's rejecting is him, but it isn't him, and what he wants above all is to tell her clearly that he's still there and still loves her. All of Linda's rejections have an air of obligation because she's trying not to ruin his life, but "Ghost Banri" would much rather ruin things with Kouko if it meant he could get back with Linda, the love of his (Ghost Banri's) life. Expecting him to just let it go and sit there and idly watch while the love of his life moves increasingly away is not really realistic as long as he suspects there's something he can do about it. If Linda had rejected him -- the real him -- then maybe he'd be able to finally accept it. But until now, from his point of view, she's rejected the Banri-wannabe that took over his body, which isn't the same thing.

I think you guys have a lot more understanding than I would have if I were in his situation; I'd be grasping at every straw I could reach for.
I'm sure ghost Banri wants to tell her how he feels, but Linda already knows all that. Subjectively, I understand it's hard for him to let her go and that he feels if there's a way to be with her, he's going to try. However, he can't control Linda's actions or how she feels so I just feel he needs to respect her decision to let current Banri be happy. Subjectively, he has to realize how selfish he's being. If Linda were to reject ghost Banri in person, he might be able to accept it, but I just can't see him not having her apart of his life in some way or her pushing him away completely. I think they have great potential for a co-dependent relationship, which isn't healthy. I can see Linda rejecting ghost Banri and then they remain friends, but unable to move on to find other potential mates.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 22:28   Link #1826
Anime299

I think we'll be building up to a confrontation between 'Real' and 'Ghost' Banri. After one time when GB was talking in this episode in his room, Real Banri stated 'what was that voice?' or something like that. I think that will become more pronounced over time, and the two will eventually have at it with each other as GB surfaces to a level real Banri must deal with. Whether he's a ghost or a supressed personality, Banri & Banri are going to end up having a clash that will determine where he goes on from there.
Anime299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 23:19   Link #1827
kaigan
Segmentation fault

people seem to think, as the story goes, that 'selfishness' as some sort of evil quality. but being selfish is the way to go - the will to win.

kouko doesn't want banri to remember the past despite knowing the he still has resurgent feelings for linda. she wants to keep him for herself and goes as far as offering her body to keep him check.

banri wants to severe all ties from the past and ignores his former self even if that means hurting linda more.

ghost banri keeps fighting back for linda despite his physical self is dating kouko and shows no sign of ending such relationship.

all major characters are guilty of selfishness. there's certainly no saint here. if you wish for other's happiness first before your own, you'll lose. nobody wants to lose. this is not about respect or gentlemen's agreement. there's none. this is war!
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 23:49   Link #1828
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigan View Post
people seem to think, as the story goes, that 'selfishness' as some sort of evil quality. but being selfish is the way to go - the will to win.

kouko doesn't want banri to remember the past despite knowing the he still has resurgent feelings for linda. she wants to keep him for herself and goes as far as offering her body to keep him check.

banri wants to severe all ties from the past and ignores his former self even if that means hurting linda more.

ghost banri keeps fighting back for linda despite his physical self is dating kouko and shows no sign of ending such relationship.

all major characters are guilty of selfishness. there's certainly no saint here. if you wish for other's happiness first before your own, you'll lose. nobody wants to lose. this is not about respect or gentlemen's agreement. there's none. this is war!
but if you look in this way

ghost banri is the bigger selfish

what kokos wants? have a happy life with her beloved boyfriend
what current banri wants??? have a happy life with his beloved girlfriend
what linda want??? see banri have a happy life no matter with who, enve if this cost her own happiness
this means a 3 x 1, basically 3 peoples wanting the samething while the ghost want exactly destroy this and keep harming the peoples around him more than current banri, koko or linda could did without him being the person behind all the troubles.

the point is who he is one who really doing all the troubles without him, the storie will just be about the happy life of banri and koko until their marry and go to paris for honeymoon and in the future have 30 babys , the only person besides ghost banri also doing problems is nana sempai cuz she somehow is trying to help ghost banri throwing linda to banri everytime she can.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 15:05   Link #1829
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
It appears I was unclear. I meant the situation was painful for Ghost Banri. (Though yes, not just for him.)

However, I can't blame New Banri for not even knowing Ghost Banri exists and therefore being inconsiderate of him. However, I explained earlier there were plenty of reasons for him to not poke into the past the way he did. He didn't just trample on his old self's feelings - he cornered Linda into doing the same.

A lot of people want Ghost Banri to move on, but he can't. Moving on is something living people do. They have a future. As a ghost, he has nothing but the past. He is nothing but memories. "Moving on" would be the same thing as disappearing. And even if he was willing, it's not like he can step into the light and be done. There's no light.

Also, ask yourself: would you walk into a fire to support someone's love life? If so, seek help.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 09:48   Link #1830
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 13

Heh, Air Yakisoba In all my years of anime, I've seen many a girl bad at cooking, but this series is one of the rare ones of a girl pretending to cook while pretty much tying up the guy so he won't discover it what's a guy like him doing with a mirror like that, though....nvm

Loved the part with Nana-chan, ah so cute, I want her to punch me too

A bit late to the party here, so I'll reserve my full episode discussions for the next ep, which should be in a few hours, right? But, in what I've read here so far, very much interesting posts here by everyone. I especially want to quote musuoka regarding something I've felt since the series started, that "I guess my problem with this is that I don't really get "the love of my LIFE" vibe from Linda and Banri."

I really don't see Linda and Banri together forever. This might come from my years of watching many childhood friends never ending up together because one or the other never spoke their true feelings until another competitor comes along, but I truly do not see these 2 being together. This is mostly because of Linda's back and forth in admitting her feelings before the accident, Banri finally giving her an ultimatum, and then after the accident, with her inability to speak her true heart causing confusion on an already conflicted person, I just really don't see how all of this could end up with them together. Of course the writers can slap me in the face at the end of this series by making them a couple purely on the basis of the entire broadcast run being their trial period of working out differences, but I just can't believe in a Linda X Banri pairing right now.

I don't mean to be a prick, but as someone who also lost their memory, it's too late for Linda. Don't dwell on the past, but make a future out of it instead.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 15:23   Link #1831
apr
Pedestrian

Some comments about novel vs anime episode 14.

Spoiler for Novel & Episode 14 differences:

Don't read that until you've seen this week's episode. Pretty sure I kept out future spoilers, though.
Old 2014-01-16, 18:42   Link #1832
Kakurin
大佐

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This frame's just hilarious!

After the first view I must say I liked the episode. Especially good was to see the other people again. Also, it was nice to see Kouko interact with people other than Banri and see how she behaves there. I think Chinami and Kouko actually have quite a good chemistry and it surely will do Kouko good to have a female friend with whom she can share her concerns about her love life. This episode shared Kouko's motives behind much of her actions, as well as her main fears (not that we couldn't infer those from her previous actions, but still) and I hope Chinami's inputs will help her deal with them better.

Oh, and I think this episode can put the notion to rest that Kouko only dates Banri to spite Mitsuo. She frankly didn't really care that he was enjoying an evening alone with Linda. Chinami on the other hand seemed to be shaken at this development. I wonder what will become of Mitsuo's new infatuation somewhere down the road...
Old 2014-01-16, 18:47   Link #1833
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This frame's just hilarious!
Koko is so retro. I find that cute. Where do she get those stuffs anyway?

Anyway, so Mitsuo is dating Linda. Looks like Ghost Banri doesn't like it.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 18:53   Link #1834
Kakurin
大佐

I doubt they are dating (yet). Currently I think Mitsuo is just treading the waters. But yeah, Ghost Banri won't like it and seeing them together did indeed provoke a little reaction out of current Banri. Something Kouko was looking at very closely.
Old 2014-01-16, 20:29   Link #1835
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Koko is so retro. I find that cute. Where do she get those stuffs anyway?

Anyway, so Mitsuo is dating Linda. Looks like Ghost Banri doesn't like it.
miss ultra sonic looks was quite interesting.

speaking of retro that white one piece was gorgeous on koko.
the blue one was nice and modern. I'm not really a fan of bikini's
demonkevy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 21:18   Link #1836
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Spoiler for second gaiden and episode 14:
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 21:21   Link #1837
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post

Spoiler:
You have me wondering, what does it say in those lines?
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 21:26   Link #1838
musouka

Kouko's brand of crazy reminds me more and more of Lucy's of "I Love Lucy" fame. That scene where she was trying to slip off the dead bolt was absolute comedy gold, and it was almost sweet that Banri doesn't even bat an eye at it any more. Another nice thing was the parallelism of Kouko worrying because she thinks Banri is talking romance, and then Banri getting upset when he's reminded of how Kouko's an expert Mitsuo stalker.

I don't actually think Mitsuo and Linda are dating, though it's pretty obvious at this point that Mitsuo sure wouldn't mind dating her. Chinami better hurry up if she doesn't want to miss the boat completely.

More important is Banri's reaction to the idea of Linda dating someone else. He's obviously stung by the possibility, no matter how he's talked about "forgetting his feelings for Linda" in previous episodes. I understand that feelings aren't just a faucet, but it makes me feel miserable for Kouko, who I'm sure feels absolutely helpless in the face of the possibility of Banri remembering everything and deciding what he has with Kouko is worthless in the face of what he had with Linda.

On the other hand, the second half of the episode absolutely thrilled me. I was so happy to see Kouko connect and interact with another person besides Banri. She gets along--to various degrees--with Banri's friends, but it's wonderful to see her make a friend of her own, even if it is that "dastardly" Ultrasonic. (And she refuses to admit that they're friends.) And while I think most of Kouko's issues are pretty obvious, it's probably helpful for some people to hear her talk about them out loud and unguardedly. (Also, the school suits are really cute! Good choice, fate!)
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2014-01-16, 22:02   Link #1839
Znail

Quote:
I don't actually think Mitsuo and Linda are dating, though it's pretty obvious at this point that Mitsuo sure wouldn't mind dating her. Chinami better hurry up if she doesn't want to miss the boat completely.
Both got to see eachother in in rather revealing outfits and they wore those well, so they are kind of past the friend zone hurdle. Chinami and Mitsuo are kind of stuck on the diffrences between the sexes. Guys tend to sake things at face value, so Mitsuo takes the rejection from Chinami as the end of any possibility and are now looking for another possible girl.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 22:13   Link #1840
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
You have me wondering, what does it say in those lines?
Spoiler for Gaiden novel lines:

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen