Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-23, 18:13   Link #1881
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Yeah, I was in the "Ghost Banri is part of his subconciousness" camp, but slowly I am stunned by the simple amount of bad luck Banri has. Of course it can be all coincidence, but it has slowly become a little bit too much for it to be a simple coincidence.

EDIT: Fate (or curse) is really playing with them. Notice how in the second half of the episode everything seemingly turns for the good: The rain stops and they have a great time at the beach. Then they have a little firework party to make up for the time when the fireworks were cancelled due to a sudden downpour. Just when you get out with a good feeling the episode ends up with the driver falling asleep...
yep but you can see the ghost banri feeling the gult for his curse, he despairingly trying to do something since he sense what is happen is his fault for cursing current banri, this show bordeline too much the supernatural with ghost banri and his curse powers.

based on his action you can safe say who was his fault for placing on current banri the curse who almost killed everyone

and based on what happened, showing him opening all the "indoors" in banri mind i believe who he gonna take full control of banri again in next episode, i believe was him who wake-up and stepped in the break, or him make current banri awaken.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 18:17   Link #1882
Kakurin
大佐

That issue aside, the middle part of the episode was just nice. Funny to see Banri's reaction to Kouko calling him baka for the first time.

Is it only me or does it really seem like Kouko's growing more natural in her behaviour around Banri (and to some extent also the others like Chinami, also in front of the Okamera)? With every passing episode I see less and less acting on her part.
Old 2014-01-23, 18:21   Link #1883
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
That issue aside, the middle part of the episode was just nice. Funny to see Banri's reaction to Kouko calling him baka for the first time.

Is it only me or does it really seem like Kouko's growing more natural in her behaviour around Banri (and to some extent also the others like Chinami, also in front of the Okamera)? With every passing episode I see less and less acting on her part.
yeah her character is grown fast and dont forget she never had really "real friends" aside mitsuo, she finally is making true friends where she can be herself without be afraid of peoples runing or be annoyed by her, who was her problem in the begin.
Old 2014-01-23, 20:36   Link #1884
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Ah, how surprising. Once again the weather suddenly turns terrible. That's an awful lot of coincidences happening when Banri's around.

The end of this episode is not good, falling asleep while driving. Uh oh. By the preview it seems no one got hurt, but as expected Kouko seems to be crushed by her mistake there. I have a bad feeling about this.
Considering how Linda's friend reacts I take Mitsuno might have gotten hurt.
I also think I saw Kouko's father for a few seconds in the preview...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 20:48   Link #1885
ellessarr
Banned

a better analysis of the episode:

- a beach trip episode
- a lot of "coincidences" and missfortunes happen
- the level of supernatural here was a bit increased
- the reach to the beach was a bit delayed due to the ammount of bad luck(curse)
- peoples ask if someone is being "cursed" (poor banri is unware of being cursed by himself)
- their finally reach the beach but its's raning
- banri tired of all bad luck and wanting help his girlfriend show his "sex" suwinsuit
- everyone playing in the rain
- finally the rain end and their have a great beach day
- banri and koko are a happy couple
- time to go back
- koko have driver license
- she is a good driver
- banri fall sleep them koko without anything to distract her also fall sleep
- supernatural coming back cuz ghost banri is aware of everyone is sleeping(even koko and i want know how if him since is just not a true ghost)
- he fell bad for his curse and dont want anyone die
- finally the current banri feelings toward ghost banri start to catch ghost banri we see in a crazy flashback of ghost banri he see both linda and koko, finally the ghost is starting to learn who is the person who he true love now.
- cliffhange ending, with ghost banri somehow manage to wake-up current banri and make him step on the breaks but we dont know what happened.

really good episode 9/10
Old 2014-01-23, 21:46   Link #1886
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Oh, for God's sake, another "random" rain around Ghost Banri?!... Was he Tlaloc in a past life or something like that?!...
Just finished the episode, so, it's the pricky ghost not entirely in control of the curse?... I'm already feeling bad for all of them, even if they somehow end up without a scratch, the guilt of this is going to eat Kouko especially, and this just had to happen now that she was making progress...

Last edited by SuitUp; 2014-01-23 at 22:15.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 23:57   Link #1887
Meltyred

2D-kun is a prophet, he actually felt one of them was cursed!
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 01:06   Link #1888
HandofFate

wow, Koko. Woman drivers I suppose...

"ghost banri" being aware of what's happening was interesting, and it still makes sense from the 'part of his subconscious'. Before Banri nodded off, he's aware this is bad. And that ends up freaking out the subconscious.

And it ends up being one of those sudden traumas bringing it all back to him. Looks like banri might have a bit of ghost banri back next episode.
Old 2014-01-24, 01:30   Link #1889
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Good job Ghost Banri you almost got everyone killed .

The episode as a whole was pretty fun. Some nice moments and just good chance for that group to spend some time together. Did make me wonder what actually is going on with Mitsuo and Linda. Just gave me some doubts about what might be going on there.

Regardless while they did manage to avoid dying it looks like we've got another "return of Ghost Banri" incident to deal with. The roller coaster could be heading for another crazy loop.
Old 2014-01-24, 01:43   Link #1890
venshade

since when did the ghost banri obtain godlike powers that manipulates traffic and weather?
Old 2014-01-24, 01:46   Link #1891
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by venshade View Post
since when did the ghost banri obtain godlike powers that manipulates traffic and weather?
Apparently he's been really busy . Mind over matter. Either that or he's one of those whiny children who glares at you and if something bad happens thinks they actually had something to do with it.
Old 2014-01-24, 02:13   Link #1892
kaigan
Segmentation fault

i'm amused how people attribute the accident to ghost banri. the "ghost" is just a damn ghost. he can't even return to his own body. he can't do anything about his current self loving kouko. nothing. nothing at all. sure, he whines a lot and curses himself. but the weather and misfortunes are obviously not his doing. and he knows death is not what he meant when he'll give himself hell because that would end everything including himself. did he really can control nature but can't enter his own body? why not just control time and go back before the amnesia happened then? or better yet, acquire a second body to make everyone happy? one interesting aspect that people forget is who was behind the wheel? did ghost banri make spotless good driver kouko fell asleep? kouko seems very confident on her skills, even banri agrees and commends it. can the ghost control kouko now?
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 09:10   Link #1893
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
That cliffhanger on Ep. 15 is killing me! Stupid Ghost Banri, he's gone too far!

I'm worried about the aftermath next week. It's gonna be bad...
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 09:21   Link #1894
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigan View Post
i'm amused how people attribute the accident to ghost banri. the "ghost" is just a damn ghost. he can't even return to his own body. he can't do anything about his current self loving kouko. nothing. nothing at all. sure, he whines a lot and curses himself. but the weather and misfortunes are obviously not his doing. and he knows death is not what he meant when he'll give himself hell because that would end everything including himself. did he really can control nature but can't enter his own body? why not just control time and go back before the amnesia happened then? or better yet, acquire a second body to make everyone happy? one interesting aspect that people forget is who was behind the wheel? did ghost banri make spotless good driver kouko fell asleep? kouko seems very confident on her skills, even banri agrees and commends it. can the ghost control kouko now?
actually he can do things, he can influence banri like he keep doing in made mad choices like agree with koko go on the trip with her parents, when banri was alone he said who he dont wanted koko go to the trip, he also dont let banri cut the picture of him and linda, he almost take full control back on his body and make current banri get injured.

well about the curse even everything just being pure superstition or coicidences, a curse dont need he doing anything to work, all he need is to wish for her to happen them the "supernatural outside power" start to work, all ghost banri need to do at a extreme case ie being close to banri to make sure the the curse keep working(in case of the curse being something "as long i'm close to him")

another thing in mind is who curses like any other superstition in order to work she need to be take in serious and peoples believe in it, who in japanese case is very common their believe in things like that and curses most of the times is something who no one have control over like we see ghost banri is not in control of the curse he is just watching over the misery of himself over the curse and for this reason he almost pay the price for play with something dangerous.

i'm not saying who he really cursed or ghost banri is really a ghost but is more like "how curses works", ghost banri dont really need use any "supernatural power" other than just evoke the curse or do any physical contact(only if this is a requeriment for the curse itself), once the curse was evoked all he need is just watch current banri get throwed in the misery of the curse.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2014-01-24 at 10:29.
Old 2014-01-24, 09:31   Link #1895
KagaKoko
Fully Fledged Watcher

This episode was really good, it had a good balance of humour between Banri and Kouko. 2-D kun was showing interest in Oka and the overall vibe was fine. Ghost Banri is annoying me a little bit and part of me doesn't want him to take over and go with Linda.

It doesn't bother me if they did get together but I do prefer the girly vibe of Kaga Kouko compared to the boyish look of Linda. But there could be many theories on what next episode is, it could literally be Kouko being really guilty about the accident. Or her holiday away is angry with Banri not telling her to stay etc.

I am enjoying this show and I can't wait for next week to come. I did read though that the book literally doesn't cover what happens after yet?
Old 2014-01-24, 10:35   Link #1896
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagaKoko View Post
I am enjoying this show and I can't wait for next week to come. I did read though that the book literally doesn't cover what happens after yet?
Huh? After what? The anime has covered volumes 1-5 of the original novels. There are 7 volumes out, so quite a bit more covered after this. Plus a couple of gaiden novels, showing what characters other than Banri think of things.
Old 2014-01-24, 10:44   Link #1897
KagaKoko
Fully Fledged Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Huh? After what? The anime has covered volumes 1-5 of the original novels. There are 7 volumes out, so quite a bit more covered after this. Plus a couple of gaiden novels, showing what characters other than Banri think of things.
Ohhhh do you know of anything that happens if so PM me haha I am really wanting to know what happens next haha :P
Old 2014-01-24, 11:00   Link #1898
SidVicious
Anime addict

Yana-san with the Sid Vicious t-shirt.
Old 2014-01-24, 11:46   Link #1899
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
actually he can do things...
imho, you are giving the old self too much credit. none of those things involved external power or changing or manipulating the physical environment or even initiating contact to the material world. the "ghost" is helpless, frustrated, and good-for-nothing consciousness. that's why he whines, curses, and lately cries alot. he exists only inside banri's head. it's all in the mind. he has no access to the divine. and when exactly did he possess and injure himself? is that injury attributed to him also? isn't that a clear slip or a deliberate attempt to injure his current self?

the wish the "ghost" desires the most did not happen. or more correctly, it will never happen in his current state. if he wish for something else and if it somewhat happen (in any degree by the grace of a god or the devil who knows) it is well because of him? the misfortunes for the most part are man-made and could have been prevented. banri and kouko missing the designated spot could have been prevented if banri checked his phone timely. 2d should checked the a/c working properly before committing the vehicle for the outing, they planned this for a long time ago. chinami could have been reached if she was considerate enough to wait on a more conspicuous place. the traffic if they started early and avoided the aforementioned issues. this involved a lot of people and no way he could have had a hand on this. did he make the weather rain? how about the bright sunshine after and have the whole beach for themselves?

and what about the driving incident? did he wish for this? why is kouko driving? and why does she have a license? what were her intentions? what time was it? how far are they from home? how long does it take to drive back?

they engaged in a highly physical activity for half the day at least. able, physically fit and muscular men like 2d-kun and mitsuo grew tired and sleepy but kouko still has enough stamina to drive? there's nothing supernatural here. accidents happen but this one could have been easily prevented. the prevention lies all in their hands. they have the mortal bodies and physical means and necessary skills to prevent it. there's no way a "ghost" that has nothing can lord over them.
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 12:07   Link #1900
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigan View Post
and why does she have a license? what were her intentions?
Does somebody need a justification for having a license?

And what's wrong with her saying she can drive? Because she really can. She was in pretty good condition back then. Yes 2D was down, but he was driving the entire way here and that can be pretty taxing. Should they have gone looking for a place and drive home next morning? Absolutely. But young people tend to forget these kind of concerns. Kouko's intentions? She didn't have any. She was as natural as she could be. She just wanted to help out. Nothing wrong with that.

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen