AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-24, 18:20   Link #1921
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Well, episode 14 seals it: sign me up for Oka's camp. She's the most stable (so far), and fun to be with.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 19:23   Link #1922
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Just saw episode 14 and rushed to this thread to read it and reply before spoilers pile up about the newest episode. I need a Crunchyroll subscription...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
but in the first episode he make clear who "he died" in the accident, this body is no more "his body", old banri lose his right in being the main personality in the tragedy, he can't claim anymore this body for himself(he make this clear manytimes)
I understood that differently. It meant that someone hijacked his body, and that for some reason he can't return to it. Hence why he's so surprised when he does manage to temporarily return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Why can't he put all this energy to just haunting Linda directly?
Because he'd disappear upon straying too far from his body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
On the other hand, the second half of the episode absolutely thrilled me. I was so happy to see Kouko connect and interact with another person besides Banri.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Especially because it's another girl, so they can have "girl talk".

Last edited by Benoit; 2014-01-30 at 18:33.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 02:06   Link #1923
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
ghost banri dont have "supernatural powers" or neither a god, he is just part of banri, he really can't control weather and cause disasters or things like that but again.
i thought we agreed on this. if you want to discuss the exact nature of the ghost, it's another topic. my only point is that he can't and didn't control other people and nature based on his liking. there's no way he want that accident.

Quote:
to CURSE someone you dont need have "powers"
you mentioned earlier how curses work and cited other anime/movies as references. but in those examples, curses work through a mediator or a medium. it also involves a straw doll, an incantation, or other devices like grief seed. a contract with the devil even. but none of these were shown in the series. passion alone is enough? so what are those elaborate ceremonies, ghastly sacrifices, divinations, etc are for? is there an episode he entered a shrine and dropped some coins? is it possible that the "curse" the ghost meant is not really a "curse" as we know it? is that a literal curse? or more like a representation of his inner feelings of regret and deviance to the attitude to his current self? that he'll continue pestering him with cryptic dreams and silly hallucinations? that he'll make the lost feelings for linda more intense? he said he'll make himself unhappy. would that dreams and imaginations make the current banri unhappy? what does he mean he'll do more? was he asking for death to banri and everyone involved? his "curse" can't move mountains. the curse he bears resides deep within his psyche, hence the current self's episodic consternations.

Quote:
them you ae saying who ghost banri is a selfish coward, who dont care for his friends too and if him not was also inside the car he could let everyone die
i don't get exactly what you meant here. the fact that he tried to save everyone meant he didn't want an accident nor any of those "curses" involve death. there's no way he asked for that incident.

Quote:
even if this not was really a curse, ghost banri believed who was indeed his curse and his fault what happened
what i believe is that accidents happen. they're man-made and preventable. he did not caused that and didn't want that.

Quote:
that things also can be called "fate" destiny and others things if you believe is just a matter
true.

Quote:
peoples blaming him because...
just like i said i'm exhausting other possible explanations. in a more mundane and believable real-world way. i don't say other people are wrong. they believe it that way, what can i do? mine are just alternatives because people seem to focus too much on the curse/supernatural aspect and deliberately ignoring the human side of events.

Quote:
and what the problem???
what problem are we talking about here? he clarified he never said the accident was caused by ghost banri. he was replying to a particular line in my response and not necessarily to my post as a whole. i made the mistake to include him to the rest. that's exclusively for SigUp. maybe i should have split the post?

Quote:
in the end what is matter is how you look at the things
agreed. we all look things differently, and somehow i made the mistake that i'm not entirely in the same boat as the majority.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Big difference, she didn't plan on driving.
maybe. but she carried the license and flashed it to everyone to see. she knows they'll be using a private car. she acquired a license and placed it inside her bag because she might need it. the trip home presents an opportunity or not?

Quote:
That's why I can't follow your reasoning here.
why is it necessary to look at banri first? before she began to offer her services she and banri were initially off-screen. she walked towards mitsuo and 2d-kun. and she had the conversation with them. what happened before was not shown. is that important? the thing is she has initiative and there's an opportunity to be great and useful. so what happened to her pledge to be the best and perfect girlfriend? she'll take a rest because linda is not in sight?

she's confident she can do it and assured everyone. mitsuo seemed not convinced but she said not to worry. if she failed the cooking that's because she pretended she can cook. but if you believe she's a competent driver, there's no reason for her to hold back and doubt herself. isn't this also about self-esteem and trusting more about herself? exorcising those insecurities. or are we going to take this away from her and put everything she did to get that license to naught? she can do this time and fail no more. there's a license to prove it. cooking requires none. she passed the rigorous training and stringent test based on japanese motoring standards afterall.
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 02:40   Link #1924
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

that curse is just too much...

well, it's a fun and short episode... I'm glad they are able to turn their miserable beach-holiday into something fun
It's also entertaining to see how Oka talked to Yana-san... hahaha... she just changed... and become very cold...
anyway, Oka Chinami is too adorable in this episode.. Her swimsuit and clothes.. HNNGGG.. She might be a main character soon... beware Koko

I must say Koko is a very good driver because the rest of them managed to fall asleep (which means Koko drove the car very carefully and calm)
but... ah!! I almost shout when they got the accident... It won't be funny if all of them got amnesia
judging from the preview, it seems everyone is safe... thanks god
although I feel sad for Koko... She must be feeling guilty... *patting her head*

thanks god I have trait for never fall asleep during driving... hahaha...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 03:25   Link #1925
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigan View Post
maybe. but she carried the license and flashed it to everyone to see. she knows they'll be using a private car. she acquired a license and placed it inside her bag because she might need it. the trip home presents an opportunity or not?
You're trying way too hard. She only flashed it because Mitsuo asked her whether to drive. And what's a better proof than to show your license? Besides, it is pretty natural to carry a license with you even if you don't have a car. I for example have mine in my purse at all time despite not having a car. Or people have their health insurance card with them even though they are not going to see a doctor. Another point, why are you naturally assuming that she just got that license for the trip? She could have had that license for a year now or so. I don't understand why you think everything Kouko does is only to impress Banri and be a "perfect girlfriend". Once again, she was acting pretty natural there and why is it necessary to look at Banri? Well, if she did want to impress him specifically she of course would have tried to focus him on that. That's what she did every single time she tried to impress him. Not here. Along the line of your reasoning you could even make the case that she was trying to show Banri her swimsuit figure when she said she had to go to the toilet.
Old 2014-01-25, 04:18   Link #1926
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
You're trying way too hard.
what is wrong with making a positive impression to her boyfriend? is that thing sort of evil? tell me, why it's impossible that kouko is devoid of making positive impressions? isn't that a most normal and natural thing between couples especially when you have a known rival?

she's changing. she's developing. she's not just that clingy overly-attached insecure girlfriend. she can do an array of things and one of them is driving, to the surprise of everyone. isn't volunteering for the job already making an impression? assuring everyone that she's ok, drive really safely, and not to worry. isn't that not making an impression already? so what was it? and that is infront of everyone and not solely for banri. is that bad? how come?

and take my previous posts, positive impression. is that bad? and i'm asking if that thing is not possible? you seemed to be totally convinced that she lacked this natural human quality and acting solely on an immaculate angelic quality of pure concern on 2d-kun. you said she can drive because she can. so why not make a strong impression of your strong points than those you don't have?

checkov's gun. you bring it there because you are going to use it. sure, she might have that for a year or so, but why bring it out if you don't plan using it? and i never said that she got that license just for that trip. nor never made such assumptions. if she's carrying it that long, then she's really bound to use it one time. and now the time comes since 2d-kun is tired. or not?

natural or not, doesn't matter. what makes the difference between cooking and driving is that the former she's tricking banri. now she's confident. there's a reason for her to believe in herself and in her skills. driving doesn't rest on her maid just like before but on herself.

Quote:
why is it necessary to look at Banri? Well, if she did want to impress him specifically she of course would have tried to focus him on that.
this doesn't disprove she's not making an impression. in fact her action showed that she's making a positive impression to everyone not just exclusively to banri. to banri as his girlfriend and to everyone as a thoughtful and considerate friend. you want focus? visual focus? is that necessary? visual focus is used when she's not talking and her actions are enough - take her eyes when banri saw linda and mitsuo. that's used for narrative purposes when dialogues were not used. that's a focus. now for the driving, isn't her words enough? what were her dialogue about? isn't that making a positive impression that she can be trusted and a good driver? isn't that an impression? she walked towards the driver seat ahead of everyone and gave them a peace of mind. a scene of confident kouko before the car waving at everyone. not a positive impression? negative impression?

is that bad? evil? doesn't that make her a worse girl? isn't that the natural thing to do when you have the capability and as you said she can?

Quote:
Along the line of your reasoning you could even make the case that she was trying to show Banri her swimsuit figure when she said she had to go to the toilet.
i don't know why this is even related. she wanted to go to the toilet. but she can't because it's raining. no umbrella. then banri thought of an idea. that's banri. he asked about the swimsuit and they dashed through the rain. he encouraged her to follow him.

i don't know why you consider me thinking this about that scene when it's completely irrelevant.

Last edited by kaigan; 2014-01-25 at 04:20. Reason: adding
Old 2014-01-25, 04:39   Link #1927
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I feel bad for Kouko. She's gonna be scarred for life. It's gonna stick with her every time she buckles up and decides to drive.

I know what she's thinking, "Their lives where in her hands and I almost got them killed."

It seems Ghost Banri realized his mistake for cursing himself and decides to run through Current Banri's new memories where he finds his first meeting with Past Linda.

From the way he reacted to this conversation with Past Linda, it looked like it was his first time seeing it take place.

In a symbolic way, her words "opened" his eyes and stopped the brakes on not only the car, but this curse. He feels regret for his action and will try to atone if he can.

I have a feeling Ghost Banri will be around for the next episode in full possession mode. He will be the one to comfort Kouko in her time of need since he feels guilty for putting them in this situation.

I wouldn't be surprise if he started to get attracted to Kouko since he ran though Current Banri's memories.

It's different being an observer who sits in the sidelines compared to someone who experiences playing time on the field.

In other words, he's gonna be overwhelmed with every emotion that Current Banri feels for not only Kouko, but his friends and it's gonna freak him out, in a good way.

Now it goes both ways:

Current Banri learned part of his past from the sideliner while Old Banri is experienced Current Banri's new life on field.

This is all in theory, but I hope there's some nugget of truth.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 05:08   Link #1928
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigan View Post
what is wrong with making a positive impression to her boyfriend? is that thing sort of evil? tell me, why it's impossible that kouko is devoid of making positive impressions? isn't that a most normal and natural thing between couples especially when you have a known rival?
Well, the way you argue makes Kouko look like a maniac who isn't capable of doing anything naturally, but rather always has to plan on impressing somebody. Why can't Kouko just do something for the sake of doing it, instead of always needing a motive to do something? By the looks of it she just wanted to help out, as 2D was obviously in absolutely no position to drive.

Quote:
visual focus?
No, I'm not talking about visual focus, but rather (and I've said that repeatedly) her whole behaviour. She neither looked at him, nor did something vocally, nor something in action that would indicate she was bent on trying to make an impression. She only reacted to the others. If Mitsuo and Banri wouldn't have said anything she would've just gone straight to the car. Kouko's not a person who can hold herself back when trying to impress other people, she's pretty easily readable.

Quote:
i don't know why you consider me thinking this about that scene when it's completely irrelevant.
I was making the case that with your line of reasoning you could read intentions into everything, no matter how unlikely.
Old 2014-01-25, 07:45   Link #1929
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
Well, the way you argue makes Kouko look like a maniac
well, i don't intent it that way, really. you see, way back the earlier post, i'm using positive impressions. you can check it. i know what boasting, prideful or showboating means. i find it inappropriate. is that what you're concern is? impressing people just for the heck of it? just like i said, accidents do happen. the ghost did not make it happen. it's man-made and preventable. all the persons involved have the capacity to prevent it. but accidents are accidents. nobody wanted that. kouko was mentioned because she is just one of those human side/factor. and i mentioned the rest too. and other possibilities as well. but you seemed to take interest on the kouko side of things only.

Quote:
Why can't Kouko just do something for the sake of doing it, instead of always needing a motive to do something? By the looks of it she just wanted to help out, as 2D was obviously in absolutely no position to drive.
i was asking if it's not possible for her to have other motives. and these could be a range of things. one we currently discussing is about positive impressions. but that's not all i mentioned earlier. the episode stopped when the car hit the brakes. hopefully, the next episode or what they going to tell the police investigators could provide more clarity.

motivation is important because motives drive us to do things. 2d-kun is in no position to go further. but is she any better? probably at that instant. but surely she knows also her limits. they've engaged in a similar activity. being a good driver is not only about the skills to operate the vehicle, make sharp turns at the slope, or maintain the line even when dozing off. people in this forum already have nothing but praises for her regarding this. but it's also about making sound and timely decisions, having the right state of mind and full control of your faculties always. being attentive and alert as long as you're behind the wheel. people could die. that's why licenses are not issued to 5 year old kids. there's a certain age when you could legally obtain one. and of course, mentally and physically fit.

if she was only helping 2d-kun what drives her to push past her limits? is 2d-kun that important to her to give such great effort? are they in a life-or-death situation that she's forced nothing but to drive? or is it really too foreign for her to go beyond what she can actually do? doesn't her behavior show this? no hints? like pass off the cooking of her maid as hers? or having the necessary stamina to drive that entire length of the trip? parallelism? or not?

now kouko doing that just for the sake of helping. nothing more. i don't deny that. a possibility. but it's also possible that there's more of it? it may not be about positive impressions but could be others too.

Quote:
your line of reasoning you could read intentions into everything, no matter how unlikely.
sadly, i felt a bit offended at that. have i mentioned something that goes beyond the confines of reason? and unlikely like what? but it doesn't matter really things happen for a reason most especially in stories like this. unlike in real life, the writers placed certain events/objects to be anchor or basis for other things. if it's there, there must something about it. and of course, within reason not in everything no matter how unlikely.
Old 2014-01-26, 03:45   Link #1930
ArrowSmith

The amazing thing is how easy it is to fall asleep on an easy route. Whereas when I had a 350 miles drive a few months ago through unfamiliar territory I never even came close to falling asleep despite a 12-hour duration.

Anyways, Koko should have pulled to the side of the road when she sensed she was getting sleepy. But it's also true that young drivers have very poor judgement about these things and cause a disproportionate amount of fatal auto accidents. I wonder if sleepy drivers cause more fatalities than drunks.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 04:26   Link #1931
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
The amazing thing is how easy it is to fall asleep on an easy route. Whereas when I had a 350 miles drive a few months ago through unfamiliar territory I never even came close to falling asleep despite a 12-hour duration.
I guess that's adrenaline. When you are driving through unfamiliar areas or in terrible conditions concentration level is quite high. But when you get back home you'll probably fall asleep in an instant.

Quote:
I wonder if sleepy drivers cause more fatalities than drunks.
I have no statistics, but I doubt that. It's probably easier to get careless due to even the smallest amount of alcohol, rather than to fall asleep.
Old 2014-01-26, 04:43   Link #1932
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Wait, I want this to be cleared. Koko wants to pee right? So Banri changed to his swimwear to encourage Koko to be in her swimsuit for what? Pee in the rain?!^^

That was so embarrassing! LOLS.

Also, I was so concern about what will happen to them when Koko fell asleep, but thanks for the preview though, I got my breath back. And another thing, am I wrong to say that it seemed that Ghost Banri is accepting now the fact that Banri loves Koko just to prevent this incident from happening?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 04:52   Link #1933
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Wait, I want this to be cleared. Koko wants to pee right? So Banri changed to his swimwear to encourage Koko to be in her swimsuit for what? Pee in the rain?!^^
Nope, there was a toilet in the building next to the parking lot, but nobody had an umbrella. So Banri told Kouko to go out there with her swimsuit.
Old 2014-01-26, 05:08   Link #1934
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Nope, there was a toilet in the building next to the parking lot, but nobody had an umbrella. So Banri told Kouko to go out there with her swimsuit.
But, but she didn't go comfort immediately. They went and played in the rain instead.

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2014-01-26 at 05:19.
Old 2014-01-26, 05:13   Link #1935
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
But, but she didn't go comfort immediate. They went and play in the rain instead.
Well, that's being caught up in the moment.
Old 2014-01-26, 05:19   Link #1936
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Well, that's being caught up in the moment.
Oh. I thought she changed to the swimsuit to have a cover for her to be able to pee in the open like those in beach. Hahahahahaha!!!!!
Old 2014-01-26, 14:25   Link #1937
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post

Anyways, Koko should have pulled to the side of the road when she sensed she was getting sleepy. But it's also true that young drivers have very poor judgement about these things and cause a disproportionate amount of fatal auto accidents. I wonder if sleepy drivers cause more fatalities than drunks.
Precisely because you were driving on unfamiliar grounds, I can asure you, drive more than 3 hours on a straight road that you're familiar with, and with nothing to keep you awake, and you'll fall sleep faster than a sloth.
Besides on a 12 hour trip, I'm sure you stopped several times, Kouko didn't think of doozing of a little in a gas station and then continue, so there's that.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 18:49   Link #1938
Preciize
Them Feels~

Good episode! Glad they made the most out of the trip even with the rain and traffic.

I'm interested in which Banri woke up and stepped on the brake. Was it ghost Banri or the current Banri. I personally think it's ghost Banri because he knew what to do as soon as he regained consciousness.
Old 2014-01-29, 19:25   Link #1939
Frontier

I'm actually quite interested in getting to see more of what Kouko's home and family life is like, and potentially seeing how it made her into the person she is today.

I'm also a little excited for the chance to meet her mother. Kouko had to get her looks from someone after all, and I doubt it was her dad .
Old 2014-01-30, 05:02   Link #1940
l.kostas

Episode 16 preview screenshots:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/797/797407/
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen